George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

+41
Einstein
noname
Way2Old4Dis
janieb
traone
Margaret
theminis
it's me
hathaross
mosaic
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
melbert
What Would He Say
amuserato
silly girl
ktsue2002
Boshkash
playfuldeb
Maggy
Lighterside
Pari
Atalante
Carolina Gal
Rach Clooney
Butterfly
cupcake
fluffy
Dior
bamboochacha
GiGi
Joanna
Nicky80
Carla97
party animal - not!
Katiedot
amaretti
Mazy
NotAvailable
45 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by theminis Wed 15 Jan 2014, 23:14

Tshirt is good but getting George is better!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by Maggy Thu 16 Jan 2014, 07:20

ktsue2002 wrote:I so would love to win, but if I don't. I am more than happy getting a t-shirt. Is anybody else just thrilled to get the t-shirt!
Yes, any t-shirt with George's autograph  on it and am a happy camper Very Happy
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 16 Jan 2014, 09:24

theminis wrote:Tshirt is good but getting George is better!

yeah!!!!!  Yahooooo 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Thu 16 Jan 2014, 18:54

I would like to wear T-shirt with a small but sensual picture of George sleeping on my heart .... Embarassed 

Hope somebody will come up with this idea and start producing them...money can go to Sudan too...

Cool
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 16 Jan 2014, 20:13

interesting idea Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 16 Jan 2014, 22:01

I'm thinking of "Double Dipping".... only because it's a good cause.  Nothing, absolutely nothing to do with rGeorge ...

Last edited by what would he say on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 22:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Difficult to type with fingers crossed behind back)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 19 Jan 2014, 05:09

Joanie's Clone - I am in New York and have been trying like crazy to find out the location of the premiere, but no luck! If anyone has any ideas about how to find out where it will be please, please, please post. This is driving me NUTS! Why won't they release the location?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 Jan 2014, 05:30

Call the Chamber of Commerce and they may have that information Lizzy.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:42

Mel - You're a genius! The most obvious place to check and I never thought of it. I was going to say I'll call them today, but it is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday here (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) so they probably won't be open until Tuesday .Damn! I'm going to try anyway. If I find out anything I'll post it here. Thanks again, Mel.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:20

Reading from Contest Rules and wondering out loud Smile The Contest is "Void in Sweden, Malaysia, Spain and countries on the United States list of embargoed countries. " ... There might also have to be included a list of Non-Applicable countries... as in those that cannot have visas made available within 2-3days? Smile'Coz "Winner Announced: Via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Omaze.com on or around February 1, 2014. Finalists will be contacted via email and must respond within 24 hours or forfeit eligibility "
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:42

Just looked at Omaze.com. No worries about what to wear - you'll have your own stylists!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:44

Pari wrote:Reading from Contest Rules and wondering out loud Smile The Contest is "Void in Sweden, Malaysia, Spain and countries on the United States list of embargoed countries. " ... There might also have to be included a list of Non-Applicable countries... as in those that cannot have visas made available within 2-3days? Smile'Coz "Winner Announced: Via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Omaze.com on or around February 1, 2014. Finalists will be contacted via email and must respond within 24 hours or forfeit eligibility "

So I guess you are out of the race Pari. Less competition    Razz  Razz  Razz 

(Just kidding - don't beat me)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:46

party animal - not! wrote:Just looked at Omaze.com. No worries about what to wear - you'll have your own stylists!

WOW that's cool. They will turn us to a NEW PERSON    Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 19 Jan 2014, 20:00

Nicky80 wrote:
Pari wrote:Reading from Contest Rules and wondering out loud Smile The Contest is "Void in Sweden, Malaysia, Spain and countries on the United States list of embargoed countries. " ... There might also have to be included a list of Non-Applicable countries... as in those that cannot have visas made available within 2-3days? Smile'Coz "Winner Announced: Via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Omaze.com on or around February 1, 2014. Finalists will be contacted via email and must respond within 24 hours or forfeit eligibility "

So I guess you are out of the race Pari. Less competition    Razz  Razz  Razz 

(Just kidding - don't beat me)

HAHAHAHAHAHA Naughty Nicky!!!  I love you 

NOPE!!!  Not in the race / competition... BUT was thinking about a lot many of George's fans living in Asian counties... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:36

I read the rules as well, and was surprised to see that Spain and Sweden are not included. Why?  Shocked 

As for visas, there is no list of non-applicable countries (as you suggested Pari) because the U.S. Embassy issues visas in 1 day in emergency situations. It is up to the organizer (Omaze) to get in contact with them quickly and leave info about the contest. Organizer is responsible for visas.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:38

party animal - not! wrote:Just looked at Omaze.com. No worries about what to wear - you'll have your own stylists!

This is fantastic!!! I love George and Omaze.  cheers 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:39

Wait wait, what??? WHY??  Shocked   Shocked 

So no Valencia and no the contest?  Crying or Very sad  Something wants me to stay away for him...
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:43

hathaross wrote:Wait wait, what??? WHY??  Shocked   Shocked 

So no Valencia and no the contest?   Crying or Very sad  Something wants me to stay away for him...

I am sorry for you, dear hathaross. Lo siento mucho.  Sad 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:48

Butterfly wrote:
hathaross wrote:Wait wait, what??? WHY??  Shocked   Shocked 

So no Valencia and no the contest?   Crying or Very sad  Something wants me to stay away for him...

I am sorry for you, dear hathaross. Lo siento mucho.  Sad 

It´s frustating....    Sad 

Hug1
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:58

Okay, Sweden, Malaysia and Spain are out. And what else?

This competition doesn´t need one woman or a country. Let´s proceed with the rest...shall we
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 19 Jan 2014, 22:03

I thought about it.... that sure someone from USA win it.... maybe for luck or not.... is for a good cause, so better for them, cheapest ticket and english speaker.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 19 Jan 2014, 22:05

LizzyNY wrote:Joanie's Clone - I am in New York and have been trying like crazy to find out the location of the premiere, but no luck! If anyone has any ideas about how to find out where it will be please, please, please post. This is driving me NUTS! Why won't they release the location?

I'll conjecture to cut down on the number of kookoo for coco puff fans!  brahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 22:07

hathaross wrote:I thought about it.... that sure someone from USA win it.... maybe for luck or not.... is for a good cause, so better for them, cheapest ticket and english speaker.

Well George has proven in the past the woman next to him doesn't has to be an "english speaker"  cough, cough  Razz  Razz  Razz  So everyone has a change except the countries mentioned above  It happens   LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 19 Jan 2014, 22:09

Nicky80 wrote:
hathaross wrote:I thought about it.... that sure someone from USA win it.... maybe for luck or not.... is for a good cause, so better for them, cheapest ticket and english speaker.

Well George has proven in the past the woman next to him doesn't has to be an "english speaker"  cough, cough  Razz  Razz  Razz  So everyone has a change except the countries mentioned above  It happens   LOL

Well... spanish and italian are very similar... cough* lol! I don´t know french... I can make a mix with italian, spanish, and english if he wants to Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Jan 2014, 23:18

interesting news Pari
thanks

nice avatar too Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Jan 2014, 23:20

Butterfly wrote:

This is fantastic!!! I love George and Omaze.  cheers 

Yahooooo 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:16

Butterfly wrote:I read the rules as well, and was surprised to see that Spain and Sweden are not included. Why?  Shocked 

As for visas, there is no list of non-applicable countries (as you suggested Pari) because the U.S. Embassy issues visas in 1 day in emergency situations. It is up to the organizer (Omaze) to get in contact with them quickly and leave info about the contest. Organizer is responsible for visas.

Not certain of a US Visa in 1day Butterfly Smile maybe for "emergency situations" as in death of a family member / legal summons etc... but for a Contest?

Besides, there is also a weekend of 1st+2nd Feb coming in the way... so a contestant basically has a Monday (3rd Feb) to get both visa and travel organized to be ready for the 4th/5th?

Also thanks It's me Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:19

I don't think so. If George would do this, he would lose reputation with his fans!  Shocked The contest is open internationally precisely because George Clooney is INTERNATIONAL STAR.

So - all countries are eligible except Spain, Sweden, Malaysia and embargoed countries (not trading with the USA, or with some other, serious issues). They didn't say people in need for visa are excluded since there are so many countries like this. I think they did not mention visa countries because it is possible to get visa in a day in emergency situations (an emergency may be either happy or unhappy event). Since a person needs to write down in application the address in the USA where he/she will be staying and the reason - obviously, it is the organizer that needs to get in touch with the embassy quickly to speed up the process. It's just that I noticed sth important - they must do this on 31 January (Friday), because 1&2 February is weekend. I hope they will be responsible and act quickly.

Anyway, I think it is the unexpected factor that might give legitimacy to this competition. By this I mean - that someone in need for translation would win, that 90 years old lady (someone mentioned her but I cannot find the post now), someone from distant country etc etc.

Last edited by Butterfly on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 17:48; edited 1 time in total
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:29

hmmmm
interesting point .....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:36

My goodness, aren't we overthinking this one a bit? It's just a competition to win the chance to walk down a red carpet with George Clooney. Not an international statement of USA's foreign relations etc etc etc.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:39

obviously
but why the hell we are on this forum?

not exactly USA foreign relationships and similar Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:43

Katiedot wrote:My goodness, aren't we overthinking this one a bit?  It's just a competition to win the chance to walk down a red carpet with George Clooney.  Not an international statement of USA's foreign relations etc etc etc.  

Feels more like the contest was conceived+nurtured with precisely that attitude Katie... Smile Not thought out the way it should've been... given that it was flagging off George's important piece of art...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:47

Ha Butterfly... we are thinking of some of the same things hahahahaha Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 07:53

good good I like foreign relations...now that I think about it (this and his shirt) I think winner should come from Turkey!

+exotic language
+G can be supportive to their protests (huge demonstrations everywhere Ankara, Istanbul just last year. Police used tear gas and violance daily basis.)
+G can wear a new t-shirt (some of their political prisoners, plenty to choose from men and women)
+big, strong country, second largest army in NATO
...and so on

Thumbs up! 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 20 Jan 2014, 17:52

Carla97 wrote:good good I like foreign relations...now that I think about it (this and his shirt) I think winner should come from Turkey!

+exotic language
+G can be supportive to their protests (huge demonstrations everywhere Ankara, Istanbul just last year. Police used tear gas and violance daily basis.)
+G can wear a new t-shirt (some of their political prisoners, plenty to choose from men and women)
+big, strong country, second largest army in NATO
...and so on

Thumbs up! 

Hahaha  Laughing 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:11

The thread on this contest is taking a weird turn. There are many reasons why certain places aren't eligible. Here in the US we have some states that aren't eligible for some contests because of their laws governing such things, it has nothing to do with the promoters of the contest Omaze. As well as George has nothing to do with it. The use outside companies that are experts in this field.

Nothing more than a FUN contest.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 20 Jan 2014, 19:58

Mazy, I also believe that George has nothing to do with it. It's just interesting to read the rules of the game, that's all. It's sad that hathaross from Spain cannot play the game as we can.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 20 Jan 2014, 20:14

Of course George has nothing to do with it....  I don´t have any idea why, e.g. Spain or Sweden can´t take part in the contest, If you have your valid passport, everything well done...

I find it unfair.... I dont see differences of Spain with France, Italy, Germany, UK... - embargoed countries.??Question  Question ) in those that cannot have visas made available within 2-3days? - Really?

I was going to take part, I know is for the satellite, but almost everybody is taking part for the contest and at the same time they help with the cause...but always thinking and focused in the contest. If there were no any contest, surely few people will donate to the satellite.

So people from Spain, Sweden, Malasya... will think twice about it before donate If we don´t have the same opportunity as everybody.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:01

Well maybe Sweden is out because he doesn´t like blondes. Spain? Maybe because he wants to wait Sagrada Famíliato to be finished.  Smile 

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 4 Empty temp silly girl post

Post by silly girl Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:37

Ok more from Access Hollywood....it includes the tequila tasting but it starts with the Win a Date story:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Jan 2014, 00:29

Whatever the reasons, they are cutting it really close for the winner. Maybe it's so they don't have time to get so nervous that they back out at the last minute. This way, they'll be so busy traveling and getting settled and dressed and styled they won't have time to think until it's too late. They'll be meeting George before they know what hit them!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:13

Hmm. I totally missed that. I swear I it wasn't there the first day I looked... In any case, whomever wins will be all set!
Thanks for finding this, party animal-not!
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:50

It wasn't there the first day Amuserato. You're not totally nuts!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 21 Jan 2014, 03:27

cheers 

I can't wait to see the winners ..... I hope it is someone(well 2) really lovely and deserving, and nice to be around...fun people with good hearts.

I think it would be nice for George, if they were a "happy surprise", ppl he can have a giggle with. PPl he would in everyday life like to hang out with!

Nothing scary, bitter, twisted or opinionated. Or, the worst, attention seeking.

He has a lot that could "go wrong".

Fingers crossed for a good result ......  Thumbs up!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 Jan 2014, 03:53

LizzyNY wrote:Joanie's Clone - I am in New York and have been trying like crazy to find out the location of the premiere, but no luck! If anyone has any ideas about how to find out where it will be please, please, please post. This is driving me NUTS! Why won't they release the location?

Per George -"You and a friend will go with me to do the Letterman show," Clooney explained. "We'll go to the premier at the Zigfield in New York which is great. We'll walk down the red carpet, take some pictures, sit in the area with all of us, the actors, then go to the after party."
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Jan 2014, 04:00

Mel (and others) who found this -THANK YOU! Now maybe I can actually see him in person and get some pictures. If I do I'll try to post them. (I don't know how to do this yet, but if I get some pictures, I'll find a way to do it.) Thanks again!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 Jan 2014, 04:02

We'll help you Lizzy. It's really easy peasy!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 21 Jan 2014, 04:12

amuserato wrote:

Hmm.  I totally missed that.  I swear I it wasn't there the  first day I looked...  In any case, whomever wins will be all set!
Thanks for finding this, party animal-not!

Well I'm thinking someone from Omaze ambled over here and saw my posts about having nothing to wear. That's why they added it. Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Brahahahahaha!

OK on a more serious note: I do wish whomever wins whether COHer or some other fan that they have lots of fun and hope they take lots of pictures and shares them! ;-)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Jan 2014, 04:53

Thanks, Mel. You've been a great help already and if I do get any pictures I'll call on you for help for sure.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Tue 21 Jan 2014, 08:34

what would he say wrote:
....I think it would be nice for George, if they were a "happy surprise", ppl he can have a giggle with. PPl he would in everyday life like to hang out with!
He has a lot that could "go wrong".

Maybe the winner will be screened in advance by his PR team.
Or even a shortlist. Not a rigged competition, per se, but a random selection narrowed down to a few "finalists" & then the PR team will vote collectively on the best option. That possibly prevents anyone with mental health issues who may raise cause for caution.
The type of behaviour as wwhs lists as "scary, bitter, twisted, or opinionated" above.
As for "attention-seeking", well, certainly that comes across as an obnoxious attitude. Then again, his last two public girlfriends were very much attention-seekers.

Whoever is selected, hope they appreciate the experience, & they're serenely enthusiastic, confident, relaxed & have a great time.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next