George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

+41
Einstein
noname
Way2Old4Dis
janieb
traone
Margaret
theminis
it's me
hathaross
mosaic
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
melbert
What Would He Say
amuserato
silly girl
ktsue2002
Boshkash
playfuldeb
Maggy
Lighterside
Pari
Atalante
Carolina Gal
Rach Clooney
Butterfly
cupcake
fluffy
Dior
bamboochacha
GiGi
Joanna
Nicky80
Carla97
party animal - not!
Katiedot
amaretti
Mazy
NotAvailable
45 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by NotAvailable Sat 11 Jan 2014, 18:06

Hes the one paying for the airfare and hotel so i do think they mean him. I read something about food not being covered. But I think its just for 2 days. The first one with Dave Letterman, back stage. They make it sound at first like you will be on Dave's show. But reading the rules you see its back stage. But thats better, if you ask me. hahahaha Can see me laughing like a hyena  Laughing  at things maybe not so funny...
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by Joanna Sat 11 Jan 2014, 18:08

How would they vet the winner before she attended
the function ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 11 Jan 2014, 18:16

Thanks WWHS. I will try to see what I can come up with. Well, if by some luck of fate I should win, I'd take pics of me in the dresses and load those up here. At least, if we can't do pics, tho i am not sure why since its bound to be covered by the usual, you would have those.

And we are FANS. Ppl don't necessarily expect fans to have the kind of means that the women on the arm do. I say, do the best job you can do. Think its only reasonable to expect ppl with less income to just be as pretty as one can, and as well dressed as possible. hey, you live only once in this life. live it within your style and comfort. Don't worry about the rest. You can't do what you can't do. And those crowds will never be happy with anyone who is on his arm, even for a day. So be TRUE to yourself first.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 11 Jan 2014, 18:44

Joanna wrote:How would they vet the winner before she attended
the function ?

George and Gio will give the winner a pat-down!!!!  Coolio Woo hooo! 
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 11 Jan 2014, 21:31

Thanks silly girl so much for finding this!!!!  Very Happy 

Of course I entered the contest. I am totally supporting Sudan!  Yahooooo 

It would be a dream come true to actually see George  This big lip smack 

I am totally excited about this opportunity  Yahooooo
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 11 Jan 2014, 22:04

How they vet includes a psych evaluation and most likely a background check.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 11 Jan 2014, 23:36

Someone from Europe tokk part? I want to, but maybe on the payment, as it is for a US bank, you have to pay more money...
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 00:20

on 10 $ guess not so much
I will tell you

interesting conversation
she will be seen as a Cinderella
so ppl will be kind, I think

if not
WTF! we won't care!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 12 Jan 2014, 01:13

George would never back out because he doesn't like the looks of the lady. He's not that kind of person. And there are crazed fans you need to be careful.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 02:17

Nunchucks where???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Sun 12 Jan 2014, 04:07

Okay, so the odds are slightly better than the lottery...though still somewhere up in fantasyland... but what the hell? A very good cause and effective use of fame to do some actual good in my book, so I am in. T-shirt on the way at the very least.

Who is up for a round of "what would one wear?" along the lines of what has been started on this thread? New topic elsewhere anyone? I can tell you we went through a bit of this when attending a Clooney event years ago --which did not include formal wear so not so much pressure-- and I guarantee you everyone there (or at least every woman there) put some thought into how they looked. Pretty funny stuff.
Me, I have always kind of wanted to sock David Letterman in the mouth for being a misogynist, so I better not win or there may be jail time involved!
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Jan 2014, 04:18

amuserato wrote:Me, I have always kind of wanted to sock David Letterman in the mouth for being a misogynist, so I better not win or there may be jail time involved!
You and me both Amuserato! We can bail each other out! Hell, George can bail us out!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Sun 12 Jan 2014, 04:36

That's my girl, Mellie! And if we are lucky... he will be in jail with us!
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Sun 12 Jan 2014, 04:42

By the way... I am thinking this is a sort of made up premiere with a "red carpet" arrival thing... maybe mostly for charity? since the actual premiere will be in Berlin

also, very interesting that the release date was shifted away from oscar consideration... those that know probs had a look and decided it wasn't in contention-- but could be used to backpack on Clooney fame for a good cause.
Personally, I don't know diddly about the film industry (other than u.s. film makers don't make enough of what I want to see and I really NEED a full length Sherlock movie with Cumberbatch, Freeman et al asap)

So, Melbert, darling-- what would you wear?
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Jan 2014, 05:28

Oh Amuserato, my fashion sense is K-Mart, WalMart, maybe Penney's. Definitely a dress tho, cuz' I've got killer gams! He won't be looking at my dress tho as he'll be totally mesmerized by my beautiful green eyes... just as long as he doesn't see the wart on my nose (or is it my chin?).

Re: the release date. I'm wondering if it has more to do with Gravity. Completely different genre, however, I think that he wanted and needed Monuments Men to not be up against Gravity, and even Osage County. He's seen that in prior years when he's had a few fingers in the pie.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sun 12 Jan 2014, 07:25

LornaDoone wrote:How they vet includes a psych evaluation and most likely a background check.

Oh thank God George is willing to do this.....you know these Hollywood types. A girl can't be too careful  Very Happy 
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sun 12 Jan 2014, 07:30

melbert wrote:
amuserato wrote:Me, I have always kind of wanted to sock David Letterman in the mouth for being a misogynist, so I better not win or there may be jail time involved!
You and me both Amuserato!  We can bail each other out!  Hell, George can bail us out!

That's funny, I was just going to suggest the winner bring a large bottle of hand sanitizer for the Letterman show
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 10:15

you can submit till Jan 30

and the winner is.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 12 Jan 2014, 10:39

... someone from Venezuela. You know the country. Famous for drug production and Miss Universum contestants. However they can only send one girl to Miss Universum competition, so rest of the Miss Venezuelas can participate on this.

I´m a bit confused with the première. After that comes deuxième and troisième, quatrième, cinquième...not another première - right?

I mean no matter how you name it, ship only sails one maiden voyage.Titanic 

But out of those two places I think NYC better than Berlin for it.

Dressing can be tricky too. "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress. Dress impeccably and they remember the woman" Coco Chanel´s tip...
 sunny 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 11:32

thanks Carla
and Coco!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 12 Jan 2014, 12:57

The lucky winner will need to get organized on very short notice, just in few days! This might not even be possible for people in need for visa to enter the USA (contest is open for citizens from all countries).

Are we sure that the 4 February is THE DATE of the premier, or is it the date when they announce the winner?
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 12 Jan 2014, 13:02

This is a generous, brave  affraid  thing to do for Sudan, and incredibly creative.

We have to remember that is what it is all about, Sudan.

Most of the winners time (99.9%) will be spent in the company of a designated PR Lady/Gent ... who will tell you where to stand and what to do, in the kindest and gentlest of ways.
You won't be alone, but not alone with George either... but that's ok.

Most of us here, on COH, appreciate that. We have grown to know what goes on at these events.  George is there to be seen and give sound bites/interviews and basically sell MM to the best of his ability. He, and many ppl have worked their socks off on MM, he wont let them down...so it has to be business as usual.

I am sure the winner will have a total adventure .... but the best bit might be the limo ride ... jmo Very Happy

OOPS ps... be prepared to be introduced to possible NEW GF, discretely in background...  affraid
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 12 Jan 2014, 13:17

The Premier's date is prolly set close to the Dave Letterman appointed time slot. because it can be hard to get into good time slots on these talk shows. Lots of scheduled ppl being on them.

You're right about the time with George thing being conditioned by company like Stan and other assistants.

But he will be fair to the woman who wins as she is supposed to be a date for the carpet, even if it is just for one day. Cinderella for a day.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 14:38

Very Happy nice Cinderella for a day!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Jan 2014, 15:33

Everyone keeps calling this a "date" with George when in reality it isn't a date.

It's titled Walk the Red Carpet with George.  That's not date.  That's a photo op.

You also can bring a guest, so that to me also makes it pretty clear that it's not a date.  Who brings a guest on a date?

This is a meet and greet, walk the red carpet, get to sit in primo seats for the film and then get to go to the party afterward.  That doesn't mean you'll be hanging with George the entire time unless you're planning to bring someone and then try to ditch them!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Clooney Sun 12 Jan 2014, 15:43

I have just entered, fingers crossed!! Smile
Rach Clooney
Rach Clooney
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 16:10

I agree Lorna but ... let us dream Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 12 Jan 2014, 16:47

Whatever time the woman that wins gets to talk to George is more than they would have if they didn't enter. And as it's been said this is a chance to help Darfur and the Satellite Sentinel Project. I would wear a long black skirt with a dressy top, not flashy or glitzy. Sometimes simple is better.

This is a once in a lifetime chance to gt to talk to George and learn more about Darfur and what an everyday person can do to help. I'm sure he has some wonderful ideas. xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Jan 2014, 17:11

Y'all are going to be really shocked if a man wins. I mean this isn't just open to women, men can enter too. Just sayin... :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 12 Jan 2014, 17:24

LornaDoone wrote:Y'all are going to be really shocked if a man wins.  I mean this isn't just open to women, men can enter too.  Just sayin...  :-)

ABSOLUTELY everyone has a right, except it's going to be me. xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:34

This is a dream opportunity for any fan of George!  But I truly believe that there will be VERY little one on one conversation time with him.  I even doubt he will walk the red carpet with the winner on his arm.  Could be...but that would still be looked as a "possible" date and then we would have all sorts of innuendo being suggested by various paps and supermarket rags.  Remember when he had the raffle for two fans to go to dinner with him and Pres. Obama?  One pic was released and nothing else at all.  So, yes, this is certainly a meet and greet, but that is all.  Even going to the party afterwards will just be walking around while George shakes hands and thanks all the people who had something to do with MM.  He will work the room cos that is his job.  It will be interesting to see how it is played out!
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:44

So this is a job, not a date.

Well, I would let George work the red carpet, the room etc. and do a better job at the bar, dressed in black with camouflage colours in my face that I could easily disappear from any picture.

Whatever the conversation would be then, it might be funny, cheers!

Last edited by Dior on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:48; edited 1 time in total
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:46

Carolina Gal wrote:  One pic was released and nothing else at all.  So, yes, this is certainly a meet and greet, but that is all.  Even going to the party afterwards will just be walking around while George shakes hands and thanks all the people who had something to do with MM.  He will work the room cos that is his job.  It will be interesting to see how it is played out!
I'll let you all know when I get back...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:49

Good luck, melbi  Very Happy 
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 12 Jan 2014, 19:06

what would he say wrote:This is a generous, brave  affraid  thing to do for Sudan, and incredibly creative.

We have to remember that is what it is all about, Sudan.

Most of the winners time (99.9%) will be spent in the company of a designated PR Lady/Gent ... who will tell you where to stand and what to do, in the kindest and gentlest of ways.
You won't be alone, but not alone with George either... but that's ok.

Most of us here, on COH, appreciate that. We have grown to know what goes on at these events.  George is there to be seen and give sound bites/interviews and basically sell MM to the best of his ability. He, and many ppl have worked their socks off on MM, he wont let them down...so it has to be business as usual.

I am sure the winner will have a total adventure .... but the best bit might be the limo ride ... jmo Very Happy

OOPS ps... be prepared to be introduced to possible NEW GF, discretely in background...  affraid

Nice post wwhs EXCEPT the last line! Jeez! Why to bring that disaster scenario into this? Like the contestant winner is not enough?  warning 
WE all know that these "possibles" grow on a trees and come out of nowhere...  cantlook   Wink 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 12 Jan 2014, 19:25

@Carla ... I don't want anyone to be...ummm ... disappointed. Sad 

Now, the most important deets for me....

I see Chat show
I see red Carpet
I see MM screening
I see party
I see no food!!!

When do they eat.....

Would you have to beg limo driver to stop off at KFC between letterman and red C.

That could make a girl a little greasy, but I would share my bucket with George, Stan, Gio, Limo Man, PR ppl, and all the other ppl in the limo. That way we would all be greasy together .... sharing is caring.... Wink
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Sun 12 Jan 2014, 21:09

Oh, I am with you Lorna. A job. A pr photo op... Time all managed and constrained. Handlers everywhere, but not the Chelsea kind. Some sites out there are saying "win a date" -- a misnomer for sure. certainly not being said by the organizing site... Though it is better for fundraising if it is perceived that way! And, yes, winner could totally be a man -- which would be very interesting, in my book-- but, again, the campaign is definitely being tailored for a female audience.
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 12 Jan 2014, 21:41

So how many of you are trying ? 3, 4, 5 ?  Laughing 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 21:54

KFC

done !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 13 Jan 2014, 01:01

melbert wrote:
Carolina Gal wrote:  One pic was released and nothing else at all.  So, yes, this is certainly a meet and greet, but that is all.  Even going to the party afterwards will just be walking around while George shakes hands and thanks all the people who had something to do with MM.  He will work the room cos that is his job.  It will be interesting to see how it is played out!
I'll let you all know when I get back...

If it's you and not me have a good time and enjoy yourself.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 07:10

You got a good taste wwhs! Nobody does chicken like kfc!  Very Happy 

I much rather would eat there too than in dividend aristocrat MCD!
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Jan 2014, 07:20

New York in February? Brrrrrrr!  Not even for George Clooney!

mosaic wrote:   Sponsor reserves the right to select a new winner from the finalists in the event that the first winner is unable to claim their prize, and/or poses a viable threat to the prize benefactor in any way
Hmm, I think this is more to ensure that pro-Sudan protesters don't get in.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Mon 13 Jan 2014, 09:20

Katiedot wrote:New York in February? Brrrrrrr!  Not even for George Clooney!

so cashmere underwear... I am just sayin'

Katiedot wrote:
mosaic wrote:   Sponsor reserves the right to select a new winner from the finalists in the event that the first winner is unable to claim their prize, and/or poses a viable threat to the prize benefactor in any way

Assuredly. And good on them for vetting the list--- wouldn't do to bring bad press to a truly good cause with some flap.  As it says "finalists" there will be have been winnowing happening right along, I imagine.  The winner will have a dead tree's worth of paperwork to review and sign, I am sure.  

Hey Katie-- suggestions for location of a thread for those who want to indulge in a bit of harmless fantasy regarding our winning the golden choccie and getting the Wonka tour without interrupting the newsy bits here?  
Thanks!

Last edited by amuserato on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 09:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotation placement and also Jennifer Lawrence)
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Mon 13 Jan 2014, 14:27

Katiedot wrote:New York in February? Brrrrrrr!  Not even for George Clooney!

I suppose, Katiedot.  I just haven't seen that coming so close to home, so to speak....the violence seems pretty contained within Africa...

As far as the comments on it being a date...well, I know I saw "win a date" somewhere....so, yeah, one would naturally conclude...

...and Cinderella?  Ugh!  Haven't we women progressed past that idea of being "rescued" ?

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 13 Jan 2014, 14:42

mosaic wrote:
...and Cinderella?  Ugh!  Haven't we women progressed past that idea of being "rescued" ?

Smile

Contest or NOT... progress can also mean - rescued!  Besides, a good rescue leads to progress... Na? Smile Who knows... may be George will be the one rescued? Remember? Melbert is sure she is the one winning  I love you

All the best cheers  to all participating...

Last edited by Pari on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Mon 13 Jan 2014, 14:50

[quote="Pari"]
mosaic wrote:

Smile

Who knows... may be George will be the one rescued?  

Haha, Pari.   Point taken.

Last edited by mosaic on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 14:56; edited 2 times in total

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 13 Jan 2014, 14:52

Thanks mosaic Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Mon 13 Jan 2014, 15:12

Pari wrote:Thanks mosaic Smile

Although I stick by my "ugh" comment--we can't "rescue" anyone. Everyone has to make themselves happy and not depend on someone else to make us happy. My philosophy quote for the day.  sunny 

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 13 Jan 2014, 17:50

mosaic wrote:

Although I stick by my "ugh" comment--we can't "rescue" anyone.  Everyone has to make themselves happy and not depend on someone else to make us happy.    My philosophy quote for the day.   sunny 

That's a good philosophy to have!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 13 Jan 2014, 20:09

Lighterside wrote:
mosaic wrote:

Although I stick by my "ugh" comment--we can't "rescue" anyone.  Everyone has to make themselves happy and not depend on someone else to make us happy.    My philosophy quote for the day.   sunny 

That's a good philosophy to have!

If one can live by themselves, then there wouldn't  been a need for God to create  Eve.

Loneliness is not happiness. And in my opinion, material happiness are short lived.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next