George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

+41
Einstein
noname
Way2Old4Dis
janieb
traone
Margaret
theminis
it's me
hathaross
mosaic
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
melbert
What Would He Say
amuserato
silly girl
ktsue2002
Boshkash
playfuldeb
Maggy
Lighterside
Pari
Atalante
Carolina Gal
Rach Clooney
Butterfly
cupcake
fluffy
Dior
bamboochacha
GiGi
Joanna
Nicky80
Carla97
party animal - not!
Katiedot
amaretti
Mazy
NotAvailable
45 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 05:03

This was a dead thread until Pari posted comments about it in the wrong thread. Nicky moved the comments here and it went BACK to discussing AMAL.

As mel said, there are 17 threads for Amal let's stop all the posting all over the freaking place and keep the Amal conversations in the Amal threads. All 17 of them.

Geesh

As to THIS thread as was said over and over this was a WALK down the red carpet with George. It wasn't a date.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 11 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by Pari Sat 05 Apr 2014, 06:40

Thanks Folks... just a few quick thots on this thread Lorna, I am sorry IF I messed up regarding thread-lings Smile... so here goes...

Yes NewFanForever, you kind of understood what I was saying... close Smile thankyou... it wasn't the "clinical" side to the Contest that I was addressing, it was the emotional one, about people's hearts being "involved" in it...

For Pita and those who think along her thought-stream, here is one option that George "could have" used perhaps...
"Haaaa NO!  I do have a Girlfriend, Yes, I do Smile but she wishes privacy at the moment / we are getting to know one another at this point... so NO, this Contest is NOT about the WINNER being my date, but about them having a good time to experience the movie in a different light..." or some such thing.  YES indeed, he did say, it was not a "Date" but was NOT emphatic enough... and so it kind of "allowed" the "Single George" image better for most who were participating... Would the results have been different in terms of participation IF George wasn't single??  sure yes, right from the mind-set of those participating... and so the "charade"... maybe I was pained too much to use that term... but when I think about it... it may as well be...

What-would-he-say, Maggy, It's-me... and everyone... sure, a person who is in love is NOT going to think of the participation as "cumbersome"... or "work"... but an enjoyment... it will be a "giving" of oneself to make this a success...

Alternately, George could have had the Girlfriend with him, and with the winning team, and made it a grand togetherness, completely enjoying the event, with the Girlfriend helping make it a great time for the WINNERS... Ha, now that would've been sweet Smile

Na Mel... Not everything is all that plain and simple... Sure Jean and Victoria are fine... I so wish they are too... BUT, their WINNING was NOT just about a $10 bill!

Na... this thread is not about Amal... but then, she has had her participation in it, as we are discovering... Very Happy

Peace everyone  I love you
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 05 Apr 2014, 07:57

what would he say wrote:I am amazed so few here on COH have/feel empathy....

Sorry Mel, but this is exactly the right thread to remind ppl of how WE ALL FELT at the prospect of spending part of an evening with George, not to metion meeting his family  and friends.

Sorry Maggy, but I jump on and off aircraft everyday of the week, have great clothes, shoes, and am self employed ..... but I freely admit I went into meltdown at the thought of MY $10 ticket being the lucky one.

I didn't need to worry about cothes like some, I didn't need to worry about travel as some did (I have enough points to go around the world 10 times) ...... but I worked like a F****** dog for 3 weeks just IN CASE my $10 came good. and I had to go to NYC for 48hours!

So YES I will mention the "A" word. On some level, she must have had/felt some of the pressures expressed here on THIS THREAD by us 2 months ago.... and overcame them... Unless she is like you Mel and Maggy, and has NO empathy.

As I said, I learn more about myself on this site than anyone else, G and A included...

I suggest we all take a minute, brush the piffyness off our shoulders, and learn to .... get BRAVE!... it obviously works.

Of course you and anyone would go into a meltdown to see the man they adore and being photographed all at the same time for the first time.

Am sure George helped her overcome her fears by spending a lot of time with her and coaching her first on what to expect.

I don't think anyone knocked at Amal's door and said "packed your bags because you are getting in a aircraft with
a man you've never met, etc etc etc."

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 05 Apr 2014, 10:28

I don't understand all of this commotion it was a simple cut & dry contest. Everyone knows that there is nothing more to expect. If Jean was married she would have brought her husband, then should George be upset because he felt it he wanted more? I think not.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 05 Apr 2014, 11:25

Whose idea was the contest?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 11:31

melbert wrote:PEOPLE!!!!!!  This thread is NOT about Amal!!!!!!  She's got 17 threads started about her...

Yeah Right  Thanks Melbert for saying it so clear  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Apr 2014, 11:53

Nicky80 wrote:
melbert wrote:PEOPLE!!!!!!  This thread is NOT about Amal!!!!!!  She's got 17 threads started about her...

Yeah Right  Thanks Melbert for saying it so clear  Thumbs up!

Yes indeed.....Mel got it right 100%.....as usual.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Sat 26 Apr 2014, 14:58

floggingadeadhorse 
 Smile 

Just so as you know you, the above icon is called "flogging a dead horse" --(with apologies to all horses, people sensitive to imagined flogging of imagined horses, dead or otherwise, etc etc. ) It is a metaphor for ill-advisedly reviving a subject considered already closed, deceased, terminated... nigh unto verboten...
which I am about to do... 'cause, c'mon, ya'll know me, right?
So, read or don't read, but you'ns has been cautioned.

I received my Omaze T shirts by post some days ago -- and the graphics are really very good!  As a thank you gift for participating in a charity lottery, I am actually pleased with the high quality. (I would have preferred to have won the whole enchilada, natch, but the eventual winners were really lovely and it seems all turned out very well)

The package came with a thank you statement from Clooney on behalf of the Satellite Sentinel Project, a sticker from Omaze and a shirt. The shirts are good quality and are imprinted inside with SSP and Omaze logos and a certificate of impact describing the shirt as a reminder for the important work the contribution went towards -- fantasy "date" aside-- and ends with "Clooney thanks you"
The shirt design depicts 8 brightly colored squares of reduced imagery, mainly hairstyle and mustache or headwear, suggesting 8 of Clooney's roles from Mr. Fox to Gravity (and yes, the Batman IS represented) but I am having a bit of trouble figuring out a couple of them for sure. So I guess I will look online and see if it described anywhere and use the internets hive mind to resolve puzzle.

In a quite fun addition-- and really there for folks who are paying attention-- like a private joke, really-- under the care instructions it says, "Good for red carpets and everyday wear."  So with that permish, ya'll'll know what I'll be trippy traipsy down in should a carmine carpet be flung in front of me.
 Very Happy 

(and here is where that dead equine really rears his smelly head... I am a leetle bit T'd off that the whole thing was touted as a "date" when the man was apparently already in a serious (and by all looks, lovely) relationship.  I did say at the time I thought it was too bad the contest was trotted out that way-- but now seems even more uncomfortable, even a bit deceptive, that it was made it seem whoever won would be out with someone available.  As I say, it turned out quite fine -- and as it was for a really good cause, so all good, I guess. Just really illustrates how the whole PR thing is a machine.
NOT trying to pull back out the discussion of when and with whom Mr Clooney was dating. Really just pointing out the nature of life in the public eye can be all about manipulation and I sometimes forget it can be distasteful.)
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 26 Apr 2014, 15:15

Mm. I think Omaze did a really good job with the gifts.

But was it them who defined it as a date, cos it was clear it was for two? His Nibs definitely denied it. I think it was the media pushing a good headline as usual - and who knows, they probably raised a load more money becos of that.

But I remember the winner said that when it came down to the last ten, there were phone interviews about the sincerity of their support for SSP

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 15:29

Yes I think it was the media who turned it to a date. Which, as you mentioned already PAN, was better for the charity as I'm sure they raised more through that word "date"  Razz 

Thanks amuserato for explaining your gift you received. Really nice that they sent it to you  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11