George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

+41
Einstein
noname
Way2Old4Dis
janieb
traone
Margaret
theminis
it's me
hathaross
mosaic
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
melbert
What Would He Say
amuserato
silly girl
ktsue2002
Boshkash
playfuldeb
Maggy
Lighterside
Pari
Atalante
Carolina Gal
Rach Clooney
Butterfly
cupcake
fluffy
Dior
bamboochacha
GiGi
Joanna
Nicky80
Carla97
party animal - not!
Katiedot
amaretti
Mazy
NotAvailable
45 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by Joanna Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:26

Maggy wrote:
Joanna wrote:I've lived a sheltered life Maggy so....
What are monkey kisses please ?

I keep thinking of the baby monkey that George loves
so much. Lol
Monkey kiss? just a big wet one.

Since I cant PM you... I didn't know George loves or has a baby monkey.
How come no one ever mention .

Thanks for the explanation.

No Maggy he doesn't have a monkey....it's a you tube video that he loves.
I've just popped it on the Jokes thread for you.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by Lighterside Sat 08 Feb 2014, 13:02

@PAN....There will probably be a link for it on YouTube eventually...it was hysterical, I watched it.  She was so flustered about having to talk about an experimental shot to help maximize a woman's orgasm and George was sitting at the desk right next to her while she tried to introduce the segment on this new drug in testing.  It was really funny!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Feb 2014, 13:05

Thanks, Lighter - looks like I've put the request in two threads - oops!

Can't find it on Youtube at the mo - also being in the UK sometimes makes things tricky direct from sites

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ****** Sat 08 Feb 2014, 20:32

The Jean didn' t try anything with GC, Hum ...me kkkk 

Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:56

Following my earlier comment of a winner not being a Clooney fan...I did some thinking....and concluded that it is good that she won. It's reasonable for us, GC fans to wish to meet George in person. However, it's reasonable what Jean had said too: that she doesn't have time to watch the movies (and GC) as she has a little daughter to raise. She said she is a Christian which is why she supported humanitarian initiative. Also, she said she wants to be a good role model for her daughter.

I think Jean is a respectable woman, single mum who works to raise her daughter, and puts her on first place. She deserves credit for this.

God bless you, Jean&Victoria!  sunny

I apologize for my earlier comment.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ****** Sun 09 Feb 2014, 13:38

Many fans would die to be near GC and neither was a fan who won

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 09 Feb 2014, 14:34

I think it was preferable that a "real Clooney fan"
didn't win !
Maybe it would have led to some cringeworthy moments due to extreme sycophancy by the "real Clooney fan" towards their crush/idol.

(Not sure if my grammar is correct there, but hopefully you get my drift ?)
 lol! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 09 Feb 2014, 15:49

You mean that some might frown on me CRUSHING my IDOL????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 09 Feb 2014, 15:55

Well I'm a "real" Clooney fan who has been in his presence several times and I've never exhibited sycophant behavior. So there!

That being said, I have, however, gone completely mute and dumb and I was shaking in my shoes, so I doubt I would have been a good candidate to win a "date" or walk down any color carpet with him.

Picture a woman in a nice evening gown having to be dragged down the red carpet being held up - unevenly - by Stan and Gio (considering their considerable difference in height) and you'll have an idea of what MY dream date would have looked like!

brahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 09 Feb 2014, 16:08

I understand you completely Lorna.

I would faint for sure if I make an eye contact with him...just seeing his eyes and smile....ahhhh  Embarassed Love2 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ****** Sun 09 Feb 2014, 17:22

If I had won, I think I'd be shaking all the time on his side Razz Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 09 Feb 2014, 18:05

It doesn't phase me at all. He's a human being.
Celebrities/ public figures  have good qualities, faults, insecurities like everyone else.
On an interpersonal level, you see their real personality, not the public image.
So to meet some well-known person, I think it's preferable to just be courteous, polite & respectful like to anyone new, except you know a lot more about them already. And to conceal any preconceived admiration so not too make the other feel uncomfortable. Even if you're melting inside...

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 10 Feb 2014, 21:01

Don't know i this is here or not it's from ENOUGH.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 11 Feb 2014, 00:08

Lorna......that's more or less what I had in mind by my garbled comments !

Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Feb 2014, 01:44

Here are the flower winners

We're so excited to announce our 10 lucky grand prize winners who will be receiving flowers and a card signed by George Clooney.

Please help us congratulate
Athena Sivongsa
Jean Allen
Lilly Cross
Sara Carruthers
Sue Laferriere
Kendel Milbourn
Meri Ann Mason
Jose Ruiz
Lauren Anderson
Jennifer Ohlson!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Feb 2014, 01:46

Hope one of those is one of us !! Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Feb 2014, 02:38

They forgot my name...  Sad Crying or Very sad No 
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 16 Feb 2014, 02:50

I know. Why not me. Oh well! I have my memory of meeting him to go by.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 16 Feb 2014, 18:48

They missed my name too. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

It looks like all ladies are from the USA (not sure about the first though). They didn't think about geographical justice.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Feb 2014, 19:10

and I wonder what Jose's friends said to him when he got a note and flowers from George?? hahahahaha
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 16 Feb 2014, 20:17

melbert wrote:They forgot my name...   Sad Crying or Very sad No 
 LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 16 Feb 2014, 22:22

Unless the flowers are personally delivered by George himself, whats the big deal, its sweet and all but I want to meet the delivery man!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:33

Oooooops!!!  Jean and Victoria!! Was it the Contest (Feb1-5, 2014) then, to find a date for the eligible bachelor and Monuments Men Premier... worldwide... that required for George to say "I haven't met her yet" ??  Would Jean have had to understand already when she was asked those questions...??  Wondering out loud... sorry folks...

Last edited by Pari on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:44; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:39

Are we saying a "Human Rights Lawyer" standing for International Justice, was OK with that charade for the "Satellite Sentinel Project"??

And what about their feelings? Of Jean and Victoria when they had to meet with family/friends and having to be told that there is a Girlfriend already, so... ??

O George!!!
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:59

Pari not sure what are you talking about but this thread is about George having dinner in Vancouver. Please let's stay on topic. If you like to talk about SSP etc. please post it in the correct thread or open a new thread. Thanks  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 04 Apr 2014, 20:12

Nicky80 wrote:Pari not sure what are you talking about but this thread is about George having dinner in Vancouver. Please let's stay on topic. If you like to talk about SSP etc. please post it in the correct thread or open a new thread. Thanks  Thumbs up!

Haaaaa Nicky!! Smile You see, if George was already dating Amal, and since we have been talking of the pictures from the Vancouver date of December 18 (this thread)... and then pictures from December 22... as party-animal-not! so rightly pointed out and corrected me in my note above... and then we have pictures from the White House Screening Parade (February 18)... very close to the Contest for the SSP / remember??  Yes, where Jean and Victoria WON... ??

You see, it is all related... I have been ON topic... and am certain many have also understood just what I was trying to get at, na Nicky?? Smile

You sure have a heart+mind+soul to think of what happens when you are told you've WON a date with George Clooney, the most eligible bachelor whatever whatever... and your beautiful little daughter (OK, you may have to imagine this?Smile is more excited than you are to be meeting the man... ONLY to realize that there IS a Girlfriend already... which the whole world gets to know about in another TWO WEEKS... including your family and friends... that there INDEED was a GirlFriend already and that you really did NOT WIN anything!!!

I mean... you want me to be on topic??  I sure am!!!  I love you  although very sad about all this...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 20:18

Everything is kind of related with everything. But to be fair the white house screening and the contest for the SSP has nothing to do with this topic so basically you off topic. If you like to continue this conversation please feel free to open a new thread. You are free to do that and others can share the conversation with you. Thank you
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 04 Apr 2014, 20:24

Thanks Nicky... but na, anyone may do so if they wish to... I'd rather pray for those involved instead... Goodnight all... sorry late here  I love you 
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Apr 2014, 20:25

heart+mind+soul

yes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Fri 04 Apr 2014, 20:59

Is this really the new girlfriend of Clooney? You can only be so friendly!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 04 Apr 2014, 21:43

Pari wrote:Are we saying a "Human Rights Lawyer" standing for International Justice, was OK with that charade for the "Satellite Sentinel Project"??

And what about their feelings?  Of Jean and Victoria when they had to meet with family/friends and having to be told that there is a Girlfriend already, so... ??

O George!!!  
The contest winner won the right to spend time with George, not to be his girlfriend.  I am sure the winner understood that.  Just as I am sure married women or women with boyfriends entered the contest.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 21:45

George was very clear in interviews beforehand that this was not a "date" but a walk down the red carpet.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10 - Page 10 Empty Temp thread do not post

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Apr 2014, 21:48

For two people...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 21:55

Moved the posts about this contest in the Thread "dinner in Vancouver" to this thread
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 22:00

If I had won I would have taken my husband, then I am sure no one would have been concerned about my feelings afterwards.

Pari - not sure what you meant by the "charade"? This was a fund raiser for a project that ended up raising well over a million dollars, what was the charade?
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 04 Apr 2014, 22:22

Pari wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:Pari not sure what are you talking about but this thread is about George having dinner in Vancouver. Please let's stay on topic. If you like to talk about SSP etc. please post it in the correct thread or open a new thread. Thanks  Thumbs up!

Haaaaa Nicky!! Smile You see, if George was already dating Amal, and since we have been talking of the pictures from the Vancouver date of December 18 (this thread)... and then pictures from December 22... as party-animal-not! so rightly pointed out and corrected me in my note above... and then we have pictures from the White House Screening Parade (February 18)... very close to the Contest for the SSP / remember??  Yes, where Jean and Victoria WON... ??

You see, it is all related... I have been ON topic... and am certain many have also understood just what I was trying to get at, na Nicky?? Smile

You sure have a heart+mind+soul to think of what happens when you are told you've WON a date with George Clooney, the most eligible bachelor whatever whatever... and your beautiful little daughter (OK, you may have to imagine this?Smile is more excited than you are to be meeting the man... ONLY to realize that there IS a Girlfriend already... which the whole world gets to know about in another TWO WEEKS... including your family and friends... that there INDEED was a GirlFriend already and that you really did NOT WIN anything!!!

I mean... you want me to be on topic??  I sure am!!!  I love you  although very sad about all this...

Was not a fan yet...but I think Pari is trying to say.

It must have been sad for the fan to win a date with George Clooney only to discover he already had a girlfriend and was in love.

The title of the thread and promotion to me seemed to really be "Win a DATE" not a chance to win his heart or anything..but I know what Pari means...The fan would have hoped to!!

These were the images I first saw of George and thought this was his new girlfriend...I thought he looked so comfortable and warm with the winning fan and little girl! iMo

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:15

Well, what do you know I never really thought about this .... BUT

Remember back, this board almost went into meltdown.  Mostly with ppl saying how could they go OMG OMG OMG so much to do; clothes, hair, travel was a major problem and work!!! not forgetting shoes .... affraid 

So put YOURSELF in a certain Lawyers shoes, Amal, must have one hell of a brave heart. Imagine setting your foot onboard an aircraft that will be taking you from London across the world to George F***** Clooney in Cabo, Vancouver, New York or where ever.  Did she meltdown when deciding what to pack? Did she worry about work? Did she worry if her world at home would stop, or how to get home if things went tits-up and it all went wrong....

I hope it was a brave heart, a heart full of passion, that surmounted all the problems that we all forsaw for ourselves, and not a heart full of ambition...

Makes you think, don't you think?

There is a saying;
Fortune favours the brave.... now I know what it means.

I learn from this site/George everyday. TY GTC
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:31

what would he say wrote:Well, what do you know I never really thought about this .... BUT

Remember back, this board almost went into meltdown.  Mostly with ppl saying how could they go OMG OMG OMG so much to do; clothes, hair, travel was a major problem and work!!! not forgetting shoes .... affraid 

So put YOURSELF in a certain Lawyers shoes, Amal, must have one hell of a brave heart. Imagine setting your foot onboard an aircraft that will be taking you from London across the world to George F***** Clooney in Cabo, Vancouver, New York or where ever.  Did she meltdown when deciding what to pack? Did she worry about work? Did she worry if her world at home would stop, or how to get home if things went tits-up and it all went wrong....

I hope it was a brave heart, a heart full of passion, that surmounted all the problems that we all forsaw for ourselves, and not a heart full of ambition...

Makes you think, don't you think?

There is a saying;
Fortune favours the brave.... now I know what it means.

I learn from this site/George everyday. TY GTC

Na...like most girls she was probably hoping it wasn't TIM...and thinking  Wedding  iMo

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:40

Holy Batshit! This event happened 2 months ago!!!! It wasn't a DATE!!!

Win a Night With George Clooney for Only $10?! It's Possible—Get the Details!

I'm sure Jean and Victoria are just fine...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:48

An aircraft that she's probably been a dozen times,
With a man she has known for a while already.
Am sure she is not short of cloths and shoes.

With plenty of money at her disposition.

Yes, very brave!

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:53

I agree
not so difficult
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:57

[quote="what would he say"]

So put YOURSELF in a certain Lawyers shoes, Amal, must have one hell of a brave heart. Imagine setting your foot onboard an aircraft that will be taking you from London across the world to George F***** Clooney in Cabo, Vancouver, New York or where ever.  Did she meltdown when deciding what to pack? Did she worry about work? Did she worry if her world at home would stop, or how to get home if things went tits-up and it all went wrong?

@WWHS _ I swear sometimes you people read my mind! Reading some of the comments about Amal today started me thinking what it would REALLY be like to be involved with George. For all the appearance of glitz and glamour, on a daily basis it must be a real challenge. Never mind that half the women on the planet want your man. Just the constant travel, packing and unpacking, jet lag, ego stroking, constant scrutiny, etc., etc. etc. I wonder how many of us could (or would) put up with it for long?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:12

2 years of Glitz and glamour and a few jet lags compare
to the big pay off. Yes, anyone would do it.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:13

you would be helped in many ways
from him first

it would be difficult, yes
but I think it can be more difficult, for example, to deal with some life risk disease
yours of about someone you love

there are things more difficult to deal to
into life
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:17

Great post, WWHS!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:24

PEOPLE!!!!!!  This thread is NOT about Amal!!!!!!  She's got 17 threads started about her...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:41

ok Mel
take a camomile please and have fun with us
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:49

I am amazed so few here on COH have/feel empathy....

Sorry Mel, but this is exactly the right thread to remind ppl of how WE ALL FELT at the prospect of spending part of an evening with George, not to metion meeting his family  and friends.

Sorry Maggy, but I jump on and off aircraft everyday of the week, have great clothes, shoes, and am self employed ..... but I freely admit I went into meltdown at the thought of MY $10 ticket being the lucky one.

I didn't need to worry about cothes like some, I didn't need to worry about travel as some did (I have enough points to go around the world 10 times) ...... but I worked like a F****** dog for 3 weeks just IN CASE my $10 came good. and I had to go to NYC for 48hours!

So YES I will mention the "A" word. On some level, she must have had/felt some of the pressures expressed here on THIS THREAD by us 2 months ago.... and overcame them... Unless she is like you Mel and Maggy, and has NO empathy.

As I said, I learn more about myself on this site than anyone else, G and A included...

I suggest we all take a minute, brush the piffyness off our shoulders, and learn to .... get BRAVE!... it obviously works.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:55

Yeah, well go for it...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:58

Thanks Mel. Like a Star @ heaven 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next