George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican

+2
OofOof
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican Empty Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:16

huh?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney The Vatican

The magazine "Vanity Fair" devoted the cover of its Italian edition Gänswein Georg German Archbishop, the Pope's personal secretary

January 15, 2013

Vanity Fair magazine in its Italian edition devotes its cover to the pope's personal secretary, Archbishop Georg Gänswein German, under the title "Father Georg, being handsome is not a sin." "Yesterday the long ringlets and Pink Floyd, today severe priest Fame, receiving love letters, but it is also the eminence grise of the Vatican, especially after being promoted to archbishop Urbisaglia holder and new Prefect of the Papal Household, "writes Vanity Fair on Gänswein.

The famous magazine highlights in that one sentence summary of the secretary of Benedict XVI when he received a prize with which he summarized his obligations. "Personally, I see my role or service Pontiff as glass. Is cleaner, more reaches its target. I have to let in the sun and the less you see the glass better. And if you see nothing, it means developing a good job, "said Gänswein. Vanity Fair, which he calls the "George Clooney of the Vatican," he adds, "appears less and less, but always have more power."

On the cover of the magazine, Vanity Fair says, under "Father Georg, being handsome is not sin", the phrase: "From George Clooney to San Pedro to number two in the Vatican after the ordination of Bishop, portrait close including a monsignor. "

Georg was born in Exeter Gänswein, Germany on July 30, 1956. He enjoys tennis, is a licensed pilot and flight in his youth was a ski instructor. He was ordained on May 31, 1984 and incardinated in the Archdiocese of Freiburg Germany. In 1993 he obtained a degree in canon law from the University of Munich and after exercise as a judge in the Diocesan Tribunal and as a staff contributor archbishop of Freiburg, was incorporated in 1995 to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. In 1996 he transferred to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the Pontifical Council served as personal secretary to the prefect, then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, now Benedict XVI.

Since in 2005, was elected Pope Benedict XV, Gänsewein plays the position of secretary to the Pope. On December 7, 2012 he was appointed Prefect of the Pontifical House and titular archbishop of Urbisaglia. On day 6 was consecrated archbishop by Pope Benedict XVI

El George Clooney del Vaticano

La revista «Vanity Fair» dedica la portada de su edición italiana al arzobispo alemán Georg Gänswein, el secretario personal de Benedicto XVI

15 de enero de 2013

La revista Vanity Fair en su edición italiana dedica su portada al secretario personal del papa, el arzobispo alemán Georg Gänswein, bajo el título: «Padre Georg, ser guapo no es un pecado».«Ayer los tirabuzones largos y los Pink Floyd, hoy la fama de sacerdote severo, que recibe cartas de amor, pero es también la eminencia gris del Vaticano, sobre todo tras ser promovido a arzobispo titular de Urbisaglia y nuevo Prefecto de la Casa Pontificia», escribe Vanity Fair sobre Gänswein.

La famosa revista resalta en ese resumen una frase del secretario de Benedicto XVI cuando recibió un premio y con la que resumió sus obligaciones. «Personalmente veo mi papel o servicio al Pontífice como un cristal. Más limpio está, más alcanza su objetivo. Tengo que dejar entrar el sol y cuanto menos se vea el cristal mejor. Y si no se ve nada, quiere decir que desarrolla bien su trabajo», dijo Gänswein. Vanity Fair, que le llama el «George Clooney del Vaticano», agrega: «Aparecerá siempre menos, pero siempre tendrá más poder».

En la portada de la revista, Vanity Fair agrega, debajo de «Padre Georg, ser guapo no es pecado», la frase: «Del George Clooney de San Pedro a número dos del Vaticano: tras la ordenación de obispo, retrato de cerca de un monseñor particular».

Georg Gänswein nació en Waldshut, Alemania, el 30 de julio de 1956. Es aficionado al tenis, tiene licencia de piloto de vuelo y en su juventud fue profesor de esquí. Fue ordenado sacerdote el 31 de mayo de 1984 e incardinado en la archidiócesis alemana de Friburgo de Brisgovia. En 1993 obtuvo la licenciatura en Derecho Canónico por la Universidad de Munich y tras ejercer como juez en el Tribunal Diocesano y como colaborador personal del arzobispo de Friburgo, se incorporó en 1995 a la Congregación para el culto Divino y la Disciplina de los Sacramentos. En 1996 fue transferido a la Congregación para la Doctrina de la Fe y en este dicasterio ejerció como secretario personal del prefecto, entonces cardenal Joseph Ratzinger, hoy Benedicto XVI.

Desde que en el 2005, Benedicto XV fue elegido papa, Gänsewein desempeña el puesto de secretario personal del Pontífice. El 7 de diciembre de 2012 fue nombrado Prefecto de la Casa Pontifica y arzobispo titular de Urbisaglia. El pasado día 6 fue consagrado arzobispo por Benedicto XVI
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican Empty Re: Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican

Post by OofOof Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:23

That is a huge waste of good sperm, if you'll forgive me or saying so!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican Empty Re: Meet the George Clooney of the Vatican

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:24

Excellent expression!

Is anyone else seeing more Daniel Craig and not so much George?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:36

Oh sorry....he gives me the creeps...TMI lately about......
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:37

When I first opened the thread Katie, I thought George NO, Bond YES!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:39

OofOof wrote:That is a huge waste of good sperm, if you'll forgive me or saying so!
Lol,Oof Laughing

It must be hard being a nun around him.

I also see Daniel Craig too.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:40

I don't care who he looks like...he looks good!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jan 2013, 19:32

Fassbender with grey hair...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down