George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Ides of March - Page 13 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Ides of March

+45
davidarochelle
madsky
lovelylois
Cinderella
macs
Pari
hathaross
Ello
LornaDoone
sarah ali
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
Natascha
NotAvailable
Clooney
lelacorb
sandwiches
Tigerina
fluffy
Lighterside
Casey
cindigirl
lolo"layla"
j
noodle
Admin
playfuldeb
laetval
bellybaby
bunny
Sabby
Atalante
ladydi
Dexterdidit
watching
Henway
blubelle
it's me
PigLove
Vi
Merlin
melbert
sisieq
lucy
Katiedot
49 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Ides of March - Page 13 Empty Re: The Ides of March

Post by lucy Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:15

Thanks sarah, great actors=great film, got my fingers and toes crossed.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 28 Jul 2011, 12:29

Love the film poster. Smart and sets a good tone for the film.

Sidenote - Ryan has bleached his hair for a new film role and it is bad. This will impact on my viewpoint of his hotness when he starts doing promotion for Ides. I mean really, do you want to look that bad on a red carpet when you are standing next to and getting compared to George Clooney? Link attached that show pictures of him on set on his new film. It's pretty trailer trash.

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 28 Jul 2011, 13:06

I missed the trailer here and saw it on JJ. Holy f#ck - I am so there opening weekend. The pace of the film - love it. He becomes a better director each time he steps behind the camera.

And the comments are positive (mainly).

Amazing cast!

ides of march here i come.

hmmm.

THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call a movie.

Ryan Gosling. He keeps winning.

WOW! This looks like a great movie!!

WOW! This looks like a great movie!!

two of my fav men in one movie
can not wait

Good luck! Seems to be a nice movie and have all chances to be Academi Award Nominee.

Holy crap! That looks incredible! Will definitely be among the year’s best. George Clooney looks like he’s really outdid himself here and this could be Ryan Gosling’s best performance yet! And what a supporting cast too. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Even Rachel Wood, Marissa Tomei. Absolutely incredible cast!

amazing!

Somebody in this movie’s getting an Oscar!

Um…he HAS an Academy Award. Just saying…

Looks cool actually. Is the title a reference to Julius Caesar?

HA lovve movies with poltical issues in it … I’ll be there !

Did someone noticed, that Leonardo DiCaprio is the executive producer of this movie? Look at the end of the trailer, the subtitles. HA!
Now I want to see it even more.

Loved the trailer. Goes to show this is an exciting, fast-paced political drama. Seems more like a thriller at times.
Superb cast all round. Wide audience appeal. Can’t wait!

Splendid! Smile “MUST watch” movie! Smile
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 13:29

Thanks Watching! I have not seen it yet (getting ready to present in the lab meeting), but it is highly anticipated. These comments just gave me goose bumps, Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 28 Jul 2011, 16:02

Hey Girls!

New video on Biography channel, tonight 10 PM. About stars who have aged gracefully. George is one of those profiled. Of course, we know he's aged gracefully - he does everything gracefully. (Sigh) Thank goodness for DVR, I can record it (going to BD party for grandson and might not be back in time.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Thu 28 Jul 2011, 16:04

watching wrote:Love the film poster. Smart and sets a good tone for the film.

Sidenote - Ryan has bleached his hair for a new film role and it is bad. This will impact on my viewpoint of his hotness when he starts doing promotion for Ides. I mean really, do you want to look that bad on a red carpet when you are standing next to and getting compared to George Clooney? Link attached that show pictures of him on set on his new film. It's pretty trailer trash.

Link

I don't think he cares, especially since it's for a movie role. Such the life of an actor. Still fucking hot. bounce
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 28 Jul 2011, 17:30

Oh crap, I missed the thing on ET last night. I'll have to find it online.
Watching the trailer now. Can't wait to see the movie.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 17:45

The trailer is awesome, George is a genious!

Loved it!

Back to top Go down

The Ides of March - Page 13 Empty The Ides of March - Official theatrical trailer | 1080p HD

Post by Henway Thu 28 Jul 2011, 18:33

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 28 Jul 2011, 19:24

Why do American actors always speak in such a LOW voice ? lol!

Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 22:49

I finally saw it. Thanks Henway!

It's going to be a great movie. I can see PSH, PG and maybe Golsin getting nominations, and hopefully George. By the way, I love Marisa Tomei, I don't like ERW much...I liked her on 13 and that was it! Anyway, cannot wait to see it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 23:49

This trailer is GREAT! He’s doing great work and people are getting excited about it! I, also, cannot wait for it to come out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 23:52

A lower voice sounds better to the ear and is more articulate.

Last edited by Cinderella on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 23:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Fri 29 Jul 2011, 01:21

I am so excited for this movie - the trailer looks great.

The cast is really amazing
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Fri 29 Jul 2011, 02:55

George Clooney's skills in directing are getting better , hope it wins for Oscar's best picture!!! bounce
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:20

I'll be honest, I really didnt have a lot of interest in this movie other than it being a George film. But after watching the trailer, I'm genuinely looking forward to watching it not just because it's his film.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 29 Jul 2011, 19:03

George is just like Tiny. You guys know Tiny ??? Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George goes up in the air. George becomes Michael Clayton. George plays a dad. George goes into politics. rabbit

His acting skills improved ??? Ahum, ..., wobbling with his head, he's STILL doing that ! lol!
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 01:32

Atalante wrote:George is just like Tiny. You guys know Tiny ??? Very Happy

George goes up in the air. George becomes Michael Clayton. George plays a dad. George goes into politics. rabbit

His acting skills improved ??? Ahum, ..., wobbling with his head, he's STILL doing that ! lol!

I do not agree with your analogy but if you must insist, I thought of something he can do for me… Censored

Woo hooo!

** Did I just say that out loud? cheers

Last edited by Cinderella on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 01:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 31 Jul 2011, 03:37

In the August 8th issue of Life & Style there is a section called "Stars Gossip Too" and Ryan Gosling is quoted as saying, "He will come up to you and tell you something very serious and then you walk away, and you realize your pants are wet. He's had an Evian spray bottle. He's been spraying your crotch the whole time!" ... The Ides of March's Ryan Gosling on co-star George Clooney's pranks
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 31 Jul 2011, 13:59

At least he uses the "good stuff" Nothing cheap about George's pranks.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 31 Jul 2011, 14:45

Just watched the trailer. Interesting dialogue - "...dignity matters, integrity matters..." wow, what I've been saying for years...

I think this film will be very interesting. I saw the play and it's whole premise is that politicians and those who run their political campaigns can be ruthless and how this "George Stephanopoulos" type character (George was a senior adviser for Clinton's 1992 campaign and subsequently became the White House Communications Director) becomes embroiled in a scandal.

And since the play was only 4 characters, it will be interesting to see the story is "fleshed-out" for the film.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 01 Aug 2011, 00:07

Thanks for that insight Lorna! I am so excited to see this. I hope that George is recognized for his efforts.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:18

Some blablabla: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Miamian Cover Story

By Donna Boen '83 MTSC '96

A pert young blonde balances two boxes of doughnuts and four coffees in her arms as she strides up the walk to the stately front door of Miami's Farmer School of Business.

The sky is a gorgeous deep blue, but the chill still demands winter coats, earmuffs, and gloves. Except for the fleece-lined boots, the woman is underdressed in a white blouse, dark skirt, and blazer, but she'll have to shiver in the cold awhile longer.

Once the director calls cut, actress Evan Rachel Wood will go back to her starting point and carry the doughnuts and coffee up to the entrance several more times before actor/director George Clooney is certain he has what he needs for the shot.

Surrounded by camera and crew, cables and cast, Clooney is hard to see for the growing crowd of spectators. In jeans, leather jacket, and black pea coat, he easily blends in; dark, plain clothing seemingly the uniform of the day for anyone not in front of the camera.

Still students, faculty, and staff, standing a polite distance away, strain to spot him. Several young women count to three and squeal his name in unison, hoping to entice George to look their way.

"My mom is going to freak," another woman tells her two girlfriends, holding up her cellphone to take a picture.

After three weeks of shooting in Cincinnati, "The Ides of March" crew came to Miami during the first week of March, appropriately enough, to film in and around Farmer and Hall Auditorium. Based on "Farragut North," a 2008 play by Beau Willimon, the story focuses on a young press secretary, portrayed by Ryan Gosling, who gets caught up in the seamier side of politics while pitching his presidential candidate, Gov. Mike Morris, aka George Clooney.

The movie adaptation called for several college settings. Kristen Erwin '96, executive director of the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission, was bringing Clooney to her alma mater last fall to scout possible locations when Miami almost lost a second close-up in Hollywood's spotlight, the first being Jodie Foster's "Little Man Tate" in 1990.

"My initial introduction of Miami to George was somewhere around Millville, where he said this is way too far. I kept telling him, wait a minute. Then we got there, and he said, 'This is perfect. Now I know exactly why you drove me this far.' "

Communication professor David Sholle (in cap) and his film class observe George Clooney and company in action.

Once on the Oxford campus, Erwin helped Clooney and company find locations to meet their needs while trying to keep their visit as quiet as possible.

At Farmer only a few students noticed them, uncertain at first of who they were seeing. By the time the group headed to Hall, several students were texting about the Clooney sighting, and one cellphone photo went viral. Faster than a twitterer's tweet, the scouting team was back in the van and returning to Cincinnati. They chuckled as they saw the news vans heading to campus to track down the rumored sightings.

The one person who the media sought out to confirm the rumors was the one person who could neither confirm nor deny, a phrase on Claire Wagner's lips for months.

"I was sworn to secrecy," said Wagner, director of Miami's news and public information office. She understood Erwin's concern. Too much publicity too soon could lead to bigger crowds, which, in turn, could slow down production and increase costs. A hint of too much chaos might cause Clooney to look elsewhere.

"Claire wanted to make sure Miami secured the contract, and she wanted to do that so students could be part of this experience, and the beauty of Miami would be seen in this film," Erwin said. Erwin wanted this, too. She comes from a family with extensive ties to Miami. Her grandfather, Bill Liggett '39, was board chairman, and her uncle, Bob Cantoni '50, a past member of the national alumni board, is still quite active. Her mom, aunt, and younger sister are also Miami alumnae and her husband, Mike Schlotman, attended as well.

Cincinnati TV news crews and Oxford and Miami police played themselves in "The Ides of March" scenes shot in front of Farmer School of Business the first day of filming at Miami.

Another Miamian behind the scenes on "Ides" was Greg Matusak '95, like Erwin, also from Cincinnati. A casting director with Dare to Dream, he helped find the extras.

Day three of shooting, which happened to be Green Beer Day, was particularly hectic with more than 800 hopefuls – students, faculty, staff, and others – showing up at Millett at 6:30 a.m. Each was eager to be chosen as one of the audience members who would be filmed sitting in Hall Auditorium watching Clooney's character in a presidential debate.

Greg Matusak '95, a casting director with Dare to Dream in Cincinnati who worked tirelessly on "Ides," is proud Miami will appear in the political drama … as herself, no less.

For other scenes that required only a few in the background, Matusak was happy to call on students provided by the theatre department. "We had them picked out when we needed small, small groups. It looked good on their résumé, it got them some extra time on screen, plus it was always nice to know these kids could be professional."

Mistaken for actor Paul Giamatti several times throughout the week, Matusak had maybe six hours of sleep during the four days of shooting. "Ides" was, without a doubt, his largest casting gig to date. This was also the nicest crew he's worked with. George gets the credit for that, too.

"We were told that George Clooney spent a lot of time being an extra, and he wanted all the extras treated well. We tried to make it a really, really good experience. Most days the extras ate with the crew or right after, enjoying the same food. You don't see that on every shoot."

One extra Matusak cast was Mr. Miami himself (at least that's what he calls himself in his email address), Dan Szuhay '64 MEd '65. Dan and his wife, Jan Hon. '93, moved to Maineville, Ohio, after he retired from Birmingham Public Schools in Michigan.

Kristen Erwin '96, executive director of the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission, knew George Clooney and crew would love the Oxford campus. "We just had to get them there."

Actually, Matusak first cast the Szuhays' daughter, Kelly Szuhay McKinley '95, a music teacher for Little Miami Public Schools near Cincinnati. When Kelly asked if her parents could join in the fun, Matusak invited them as well.

They showed up at Millett with their three changes of clothes, were approved for both Thursday's and Friday's shoots, and boarded a shuttle for the extras' short trip across campus to Hall's 103-year-old auditorium.

Their instructions? Don't leave your mouth open, don't stare at the camera, don't do dead eye. No cellphones, no laptops, no talking, at least during filming.

"As luck would have it, we got seats in the first row stage left," said Dan Szuhay, who performed in Hall, then known as Benton, during his undergraduate days. He took actors across the stage as a rickshaw person in "The Skin of Our Teeth" and played a slave in "The King and I."

Although feeling a bit typecast in his third non-speaking role, Szuhay enjoyed watching the presidential debate scene up close. Repeated about five times from different camera angles, actual filming lasted about two minutes. Setting the stage took far longer.

Seeing the cameramen and set crew scuttle about with their earphones, cellphones, and clipboards, it seemed like organized chaos to Szuhay. Friday's filming was more of the same – four hours of setup to film two minutes. The difference that day was that the other stars were arriving sporadically throughout the morning and being introduced to the extras – Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, Philip Seymour Hoffman.

And what about Dan Szuhay and his own rise to stardom?

"One of the angles was filming right behind me shooting up between me and the girl sitting next to me," Dan said. "The cameraman told me how to sit so he could get a good picture. He said they probably would use that angle, and the back of my head would be in the shot. Naturally, I will be getting 8x10 glossies of the back of my head for publicity."

On late Friday afternoon, the crew packed up and headed their semitrailers into the rain for more shooting in Detroit. No more massive cables laid across Campus Avenue, blocking traffic. No more large spotlights being rolled down the middle of Patterson.

The campus seemed to let out a collective sigh of contentment.

One of the many extras chosen to sit in the audience for the presidential debate scene in Hall Auditorium takes her turn in the makeup chair at Millett.

"A lot of people wrote to me afterward and told me this is one now crossed off their bucket lists," Matusak said.

"This wasn't B Hollywood, this was A+ Hollywood coming to Oxford," Wagner said. "It surely lends some cachet to what we have here. Some people will never have heard of Miami before they see the movie."

Rumor has it that "The Ides of March" will be released
Oct. 14 and premiere in Cincinnati. Rumor also has it that Miami will appear, as herself, in the first 10 minutes … so if you're looking for the familiar red bricks, you might want to settle in with your popcorn before the end of the previews.

Of course, we can neither confirm nor deny.

Donna Boen '83 MTSC '96 is editor of Miamian. Photos by Jeff Sabo and Scott Kissell.

The largest prop had to be the presidential campaign bus, parked outside Farmer for the first morning's shoot.

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 04:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the article)
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:47

Thanks, Atalante, for the great article. Really well written, not gushy "blablabla" all about George. Enjoyed reading it- I think it shows how well George directs - seems like a well run ship.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 01 Aug 2011, 14:37

"We were told that George Clooney spent a lot of time being an extra, and he wanted all the extras treated well. We tried to make it a really, really good experience. Most days the extras ate with the crew or right after, enjoying the same food. You don't see that on every shoot."

nice......
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 01 Aug 2011, 15:18

He must have hated those days with no food on his plate ! Basketball
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 01 Aug 2011, 15:32

Wonderful article!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:49

Aha! Here we begin the whole 'is it based on truth?' question:

From des moines register

Hotel owner Jeff Hunter posed an interesting tongue-in-cheek question last week after seeing an item on Politico.com saying that George Clooney's new movie, "The Ides of March," will open next fall.

The movie is a political thriller based on the play "Farragut North," which was written by former Howard Dean staffer Beau Willimon.

The play was set in and around Des Moines, with the opening scene and much of the action taking place in a hotel bar.

Given that Hunter's Hotel Fort Des Moines is always a favorite hangout of candidates and staffers during Iowa's presidential caucuses, the hotel owner asked: "Who plays me, and who plays Paul Rottenberg, the hotel's manager?" If you have any suggestions, pass them along.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:57

Thanks for the article, Atalante. I agree, it was well written. Nice to get a little peek behind the scenes.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2011, 16:38

Katiedot wrote:Aha! Here we begin the whole 'is it based on truth?' question:

From des moines register

Hotel owner Jeff Hunter posed an interesting tongue-in-cheek question last week after seeing an item on Politico.com saying that George Clooney's new movie, "The Ides of March," will open next fall.

The movie is a political thriller based on the play "Farragut North," which was written by former Howard Dean staffer Beau Willimon.

The play was set in and around Des Moines, with the opening scene and much of the action taking place in a hotel bar.

Given that Hunter's Hotel Fort Des Moines is always a favorite hangout of candidates and staffers during Iowa's presidential caucuses, the hotel owner asked: "Who plays me, and who plays Paul Rottenberg, the hotel's manager?" If you have any suggestions, pass them along.

It is a loosely based tale about the 2004 campaign. It was a Broadway production in 2008. So, one has to ask… who played them on Broadway?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 02 Aug 2011, 23:19

Right movie, wrong thread.

@LL - I can't find the original thread that talked about you going to Los Angeles for his movie opening. However, and I know its only a rumor, but did you read this in Atlantee's article she linked?

Rumor has it that "The Ides of March" will be released
Oct. 14 and premiere in Cincinnati.

Sad

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 02 Aug 2011, 23:38

"It is a loosely based tale about the 2004 campaign. It was a Broadway production in 2008. So, one has to ask… who played them on Broadway?"

Chris Noth played PSH role. John Gallagher, Jr. played RG role. Can't find who played GTC role.
When they performed IOM in LA, Chris Pine played RG role.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 23:57

Did anyone else know Leonardo DiCaprio is the executive producer on The Ides of March? I didn’t so I thought I’d post it… Maybe I missed something… Loud hailer possible!

As well as those movies in development, Leonardo DiCaprio also has three films currently in production. He is executive producer on the forthcoming movie The Ides of March, which is written, directed and stars George Clooney. The Ides of March is due to be released on October 7.

You can read the whole article here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 03 Aug 2011, 23:58

I read somewhere, maybe the clip
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 03:13

yes, he is and his name shows up in the credits of the trailer, Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 03:19

Thanks! That tells you where my head is anytime I hear the name George... does anyone else have that problem? geek

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 04 Aug 2011, 14:27

cyclops
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 19:54

Star-Studded 'The Ides Of March' May Be One Of The Must-See Movies Of Fall
"The Ides of March," October 7th:

With the best cast of the entire year, director/actor George Clooney's political thriller "The Ides of March" has been buzzed about for months now, even though the trailer didn't hit the Web until this week.

Starring Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood, "The Ides of March" trailer takes viewers into the complex and dark world of behind-the-scenes politics, which is a place that few movies have the boldness to actually go.

Gosling plays the underling and main advisor to Clooney, who at first appears to be a squeaky clean presidential candidate but may end up being anything but.

Aimed for a more patient adult audience, "Ides" appears to be a thriller with plenty of plot twists and moral implications as a young and idealistic political worker gets brought into the seedy underbelly of national politics.

This one is clearly being marketed as a potential Oscar hopeful and seems to be busting with juicy roles that could land one of its main actors a gold statuette. "Ides" is also set to open the Venice International Film Festival in early September.

The trailer for "The Ides of March" can be viewed at the movie's official site.

Box office potential:

Clooney has appeared in a bevy of well-respected, adult-geared dramas ("The American," "Up in the Air," "Michael Clayton"), though that won't necessarily mean "Ides" will be a big hit.

"Ides" will likely need strong critical support and buzz from the Venice Film Festival for it to turn into a cross-over commercial success, but that very well might happen.

A couple of Oscar nominations also could help it turn the corner and procure a sizeable theatrical release and box office total.

by RTT Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am so excited to see this film!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 09 Aug 2011, 13:52

Just seen th Uk version of FHM and they have a Ryan Gosling interview for another film he's doing but they mention Ides. He says that Gee did no more than 3 takes per scene, and edited the whole thing within 3 weeks of wrapping up location. Ryan also says that Gee would keep on at him so much that in the end his character goes a bit evil!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:39

Sounds like the way George always works. He knows how to get what he wants out of his people with a minimum of effort, it seems.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 15:43

That's our George, always a perfectionist.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 15:56

fluffy wrote:Just seen th Uk version of FHM and they have a Ryan Gosling interview for another film he's doing but they mention Ides. He says that Gee did no more than 3 takes per scene, and edited the whole thing within 3 weeks of wrapping up location. Ryan also says that Gee would keep on at him so much that in the end his character goes a bit evil!!!

Thanks for the info, Fluffy! Wow, wouldn't you love to watch him work? It would be awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 16:24

It's awsome to watch him do anything.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 16:47

agree Patty!

I am so excited for this movie! I saw the Gosdong and Marisa Tomei in crazy, stupid, love and they were really good there. So, I hope Marisa has more screening time on the Ides of March. She is just terrific!

My fave Clooney movies are the ones he directed, so I am really rooting for this one, Smile

Last edited by LouisLane on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 16:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 16:53

I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing it and really would love to be a fly on the wall (or on his shoulder) of any movie he directs.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Aug 2011, 22:19

review (of the trailer)

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 15 Aug 2011, 22:44

Thanks It'sMe!! I can't wait!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 22:53

Wow, that trailer is excellent! I'm very excited to see this movie!

Thanks, It's Me!

Last edited by Cinderella on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 22:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thanks)

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 16 Aug 2011, 00:00

you r welcome! Basketball
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:55

Well if you are loaded you can go to and support : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next