George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

+42
Atalante
noodle
madsky
macs
Merlin
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
bunny
OofOof
laetval
Astras
lovelylois
The next mrs clooney
socimar
Maggy
adgran
pattygirl
Henway
Lighterside
annemarie
watching
theminis
phys major
fluffy
MyGirlKylie
bellybaby
Michelle meyers
it's me
Lakin460
cindigirl
lucy
Pari
EEOsandy
lelacorb
barla
m4rose
fava
melbert
Joanna
silly girl
Katiedot
party animal - not!
46 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 29 Apr 2012, 16:31

Merlin wrote:Uggi was there looking cool!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i don't know who is cuter.... Uggie or George?? Wink
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 29 Apr 2012, 16:33

annemarie wrote:Rosario's dress wasn't appropriate .

Well, the pic i saw was from the back... oops
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 29 Apr 2012, 16:40

George was really in his element last night. He is at his best and I think happiest when he can give all his attention to whomever he is with, and not have to split his attentions between gf and those that he's talking to. I think that might give him some of those stressed looks.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 16:54

Uggie cute , George handsome

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 29 Apr 2012, 21:51

And he's gone:

glittarazzi ‏ @glittarazzi
GOODBYE - Actor George Clooney at Washington Dulles Airport this morning #DMV [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 21:53

silly girl wrote:And he's gone:

GOODBYE - Actor George Clooney at Washington Dulles Airport this morning #DMV [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good grief, how early was he there - the place looks empty!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Apr 2012, 02:12

Not sure if this was already posted. But providing link just in case not.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Apr 2012, 02:15

I agree with those who said Rosario Dawson's dress was inappropriate.

It's obvious she wanted attention - it's unfortunate that she decided negative attention would be ok.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Apr 2012, 02:17

Lakin460 wrote:
silly girl wrote:And he's gone:

Good grief, how early was he there - the place looks empty!

Given that the article I posted said he was at the dinner until 2 am and then seems to be leaving on an early flight makes me wonder where he gets his energy! Of course, he could have opted to sleep on the plane! Either way, he looks good for someone who didn't get much sleep!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 30 Apr 2012, 02:31

Geez, did someone forget to turn on the air conditioning. Many of the people looked sweaty and greasy. Nervous folks or what? flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 30 Apr 2012, 02:34

Michelle meyers wrote:

(OK, gotta say this is worse than an excess fabric folded gold rose.) DIG THE WOMAN'S FOOT WITH THE BLACK NYLONS AND, HONESLTY, THE UGLIEST PAIR OF '70ISH SHOES I HAVE EVER SEEN. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:28

Actually I think he stayed even later than 2am....here is Piers Morgan's tweets...

Piers Morgan
‏ @piersmorgan

You know it's been a good party when George Clooney bearhugs you farewell at 3am. Thanks @goldiehawn - you were a fabulous date! #WHCD
3:10 AM - 29 Apr 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Piers Morgan ‏ @piersmorgan
URGENT CORRECTION to my Clooney 'bear-hug' namedrop. He bear-hugged me three times in an hour, not just the once. Vodka's a wonderful thing.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:37

bamboochacha wrote:
Michelle meyers wrote:

(OK, gotta say this is worse than an excess fabric folded gold rose.) DIG THE WOMAN'S FOOT WITH THE BLACK NYLONS AND, HONESLTY, THE UGLIEST PAIR OF '70ISH SHOES I HAVE EVER SEEN. flower

Didn't even notice the bad fashion until you said so. i was wondering who did the grooming job on Uggie Whistle .... professionally speaking Laughing
yes, strange to wear black stocking with silver shoes anyway.
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 30 Apr 2012, 06:16

I'm sorry i mentioned it. All I can say is that Kate Hudson is very recognizable. And no, Stacey's hair wasn't really all that good looking. They were very close to the cam that picked them up. I saw her very clearly. She was pouting like you wouldn't believe. I have no doubts it was her. I haven't the foggiest why George would lie, if it truly was him who stated that she was working. Personally I think Its a PR job for some unknown reason. Lies and PR have happened before. But I don't think George would just out and out lie like this. Thats why I felt that the reporters made up stuff because maybe they were told they couldn't print pics and stories of her. Who knows. All I know, is I am not lying. I took no meds and I clearly saw her and him together a couple of times on live feed on zap2it blog. But hey, it won't be the first time no one believes me. Sometimes I have to go against the wind when the truth is the only thing being hung out to dry and lies abound.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 30 Apr 2012, 06:19

George catches a flight The boy enjoyed the night and although I did not sleep seems happy, ah the power of vodka!

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 30 Apr 2012, 06:56

And he is carrying a copy of Time - the publication that he was an invited guest for. Good product placement George.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 09:35

Razz
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 09:58

Mel!
where when how
did you find your avatar pic!?!?!?!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:10

From what I have heard Washington is not the most fashionable city.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:11

KILLER pic. Thud. Mopping up the mess 10 out of 10
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:22

Is he looking happy and alert because he's going home
to his lady love and doggie ? Coolio
Maybe Uggie will be there too waiting for his share
of Einstein's doggy bag ?

BTW, Thanks for all the evening's pictures everyone,
some beauts amongst them too.
Liked the ones of him laughing !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:49

Time magazine, ... tongue
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:03

He has wonderful smile .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:07

Big article in that issue on the situation in Sudan by Alex Perry. Heartbreaking stuff for anybody remotely involved, and the rest of the world

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:08

yes
also this
half grin super cool

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:10

Are these the pics of him leaving DC?

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:10

party animal - not! wrote:Big article in that issue on the situation in Sudan by Alex Perry. Heartbreaking stuff for anybody remotely involved, and the rest of the world

nooooooooooo
so sad... Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:12

found that
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:18

Astras wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KILLER pic. Thud. Mopping up the mess 10 out of 10

Exactly! Gone to heaven

Oh looky, his hands are full. He needs me to help him pull those baggy ass jeans up. lol!

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:23

up?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:41

Haha, just while he's walking through the airport. After he gets out of public eye, they would need to go in the other direction. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 30 Apr 2012, 16:38

LOL......

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 30 Apr 2012, 16:42

bellybaby wrote:Are these the pics of him leaving DC?

Yes, he's leaving Dulles for LA (I think).
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 30 Apr 2012, 16:55

who's brown bag with the pink blanket?????
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:00

if there was her
paps will let us know

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:07

just curious ( being nosy study )
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:16

you are making me nervous... pale
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:22

if that was her, who?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:29

it's me wrote:you are making me nervous... pale

Sorry oopsie

when i was in my early thirties i wanted to be a photojournalist ...or a 'lois lane' type reporter .

just thinking out loud

pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain
Bathtub

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 30 Apr 2012, 17:56

Just came across this set of photos. Am posting it because of the comments made about Rosario's dress being inappropriate. Maybe I am a bit stuffy, but I think a few of these dresses are inappropriate. Looks like the women are dressing for a Hollywood Red Carpet, not for meeting the president at a state dinner!

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 30 Apr 2012, 18:24

looks like a LA party in DC not a presidents event
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 30 Apr 2012, 18:35

Thanks playful for the lovely picture of.... Uggie !
Amongst the ladies.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 30 Apr 2012, 19:38

The dinner isn't like a state dinner it takes place in a hotel not the white house. The press invites celebrities business people and socialites. I believe the President is a special guest and its like a roast. Just a fun evening where they all have a good time and don't fight and of course network. Now someone correct me if my take on this is wrong please.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 30 Apr 2012, 19:53

I believe you're very right annemarie. It is a fun evening for all attending and I truly don't believe there is much interaction between the general attendees and the President. I'm pretty sure that the President didn't attend any of the after-parties and didn't have much opportunity to rub elbows.
The ladies attending the dinner knew that they would not be "meeting" the President, and surely dressed for the media who were covering it.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Mon 30 Apr 2012, 20:00

Annemarie you are right although the event has changed over the decades to more of a roast. Guess we all needed some humor, and who would have thought our President's could be so funny, not just Obama but Bush(W) was funny too. The proceeds go toward scholarships for aspiring journalist. So certainly not a state dinner.

I do find it funny how Fox News loves to invite a lot of the most controversial celebrities, I think they have invited the Kardashian's twice. Stacy would have been perfectly fine here the discussion really isn't like U.N. level more just networking and shmoozing. I'll give Stacy a compliment she never really seems bored with George at his functions. Eli always seemed to have a pout or as someone put it once smout.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 01 May 2012, 01:11

I guess it's okay to post this here, since it's related to the dinner. If not, Katie will fix it...

George Clooney Backs Planned Parenthood at White House

by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 4/30/12 1:25 PM

Most of the attention in the after-event reporting on the White House Correspondents Dinner is on President Barack Obama and the jokes he told that surprised some of the attendees.

But Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, who attended the event, was delighted to meet one famous Hollywood actor she described as a supporter of the abortion business in tweets she sent afterwards.

“Great to be at #WHCD, nice words from George Clooney,” Richards tweeted, along with a picture of her standing next to the actor. There is no word on the content of those “nice words” Richard Clooney told her, but there’s no chance they would be welcome by pro-life advocates.

Clooney is known for his liberal politics: “I’m a liberal. I’m confused when that became a bad word…” George Clooney told CNN’s Larry King on February 16, 2006. “It’s interesting. I think what happened over a period of time probably in the late ’80s when it became sort of a political tool.”

In February 2010, Clooney was the architect behind the MTV “Hope for Haiti Now” campaign that was criticized for donating proceeds to a pro-abortion group.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 01 May 2012, 01:30

Jimmy Kimmel Reacts to White House Correspondents Dinner Speech, Love for George Clooney

Apr.30, 2012 inKim Kardashian

He mocked the size of President Obama’s ears, the libido of the Secret Service and, of course, Kim Kardashian.

So how did Jimmy Kimmel feel about his speech at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday night?

The talk show host told Entertainment Weekly he thought he was “solid,” adding: “The President and the First Lady both said they thought it was very funny.”

Jimmy Kimmel White House Correspondents Dinner Speech

Kimmel also said it was the second “most terrified” he’s ever been, following his first appearance with David Letterman and, as you might expect, it’s a “very strange room” in which to use material.

“One person told me afterward they were scared to laugh at a joke because they were sitting next to [House Majority Leader] Eric Cantor, who I didn’t even realize was there,” Kimmel said. “She didn’t want him to see her laughing at a joke I made about him. Half the people on any given joke have to keep [the laughter] to themselves.”

As for President Obama’s speech? It was “very good, very funny,” the comedian said, although a certain actor in attendance drew more attention than the Commander-in-Chief.

“George Clooney is far more popular than any person in Washington D.C.,” Jimmy said. “They were pushing people back [from him]. It was starting to get crazy.”

Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 01 May 2012, 01:50

Bloomberg & Vanity Fair Do It Again!

The most exclusive party of the White House Correspondents’ Weekend is the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair After Party. Back at the French Ambassador’s residence again this year, guests walked by the front lawn covered in tiny multi-colored lights. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was seen talking with Hollywood A-listers including George Clooney, Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron, Daniel Radcliffe, Dane DeHaan, Kyle MacLachlan and his wife producer Desiree Gruber, Goldie Hawn, and Kate Hudson.

French Ambassador Francois Delattre and his beautiful wife Sophie welcomed partygoers and bold faced names dominated the rooms. Media toppers included Barbara Walters and David Gregory, Obama notables were David and Susan Axelrod (talking to Ivanka Trump), White House staffers Jay Carney and Alyssa Mastromonaco and Obama Campaign Communications Director Stephanie Cutter. The republican were represented by Ben Ginsberg and Meghan McCain to name a few. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel seemed happy to be back in DC for an evening.

Judd Apatow and his wife actress Leslie Mann, looked shocked to meet Eric Schmidt, the Executive Chairman of Google.

It was another big night for Uggie the dog from “The Artist” who missed the actual WH Correspondents’ Dinner, but was getting lots of love at the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair gala. Goldie Hawn snuggled up with the pup in one of the best moments of the late night gathering.

Guests relaxed, some even kicking off their shoes after a long night of formal speeches and dinner, as the party went on until the early hours of Sunday. A crowd formed around Ronan Farrow, the son of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow and his friend Obama joke writer, now Hollywood writer, Jon Lovett.

Daniel Radcliffe and Dane DeHaan were chatting with Graydon Carter, Chris Matthews, Salman Rushdie, Kate Upton and Reggie Love.

In the wee hours of the morning Clooney was still talking to friends Kate Hudson, Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann while some politicos just looked on. One media executive was overheard saying at 3am, “I have a rule, I don’t leave if George Clooney is still there.” That executive left at 3:45am and George Clooney was still there.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 01 May 2012, 01:58

Lakin460 wrote:I guess it's okay to post this here, since it's related to the dinner. If not, Katie will fix it...

George Clooney Backs Planned Parenthood at White House

by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 4/30/12 1:25 PM

Most of the attention in the after-event reporting on the White House Correspondents Dinner is on President Barack Obama and the jokes he told that surprised some of the attendees.

But Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, who attended the event, was delighted to meet one famous Hollywood actor she described as a supporter of the abortion business in tweets she sent afterwards.

“Great to be at #WHCD, nice words from George Clooney,” Richards tweeted, along with a picture of her standing next to the actor. There is no word on the content of those “nice words” Richard Clooney told her, but there’s no chance they would be welcome by pro-life advocates.

Clooney is known for his liberal politics: “I’m a liberal. I’m confused when that became a bad word…” George Clooney told CNN’s Larry King on February 16, 2006. “It’s interesting. I think what happened over a period of time probably in the late ’80s when it became sort of a political tool.”

In February 2010, Clooney was the architect behind the MTV “Hope for Haiti Now” campaign that was criticized for donating proceeds to a pro-abortion group.

Coolio
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 01 May 2012, 11:14

WHAT A STAMINA HON!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next