George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

+40
Vi
Bidbod
EEOsandy
Lighterside
socimar
Michelle meyers
The next mrs clooney
MyGirlKylie
Duffy
MM
sisieq
madsky
NotAvailable
fluffy
Pari
fava
bellybaby
LornaDoone
m4rose
zizi
Maggy
premiere
silly girl
Missa
Dexterdidit
davidarochelle
melbert
pattygirl
Joanna
it's me
cindigirl
hathaross
Katiedot
annemarie
lucy
Atalante
Cinderella
dakota007
ally12
lelacorb
44 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

Post by m4rose Fri 03 Feb 2012, 03:16

Okay I'm a little late to the party but I'm confused about something......didn't SK state that Einstein was her dog? LOL Which is interesting since GC got him in 2010 and Cray Cray wasn't in the picture then. Am I just being silly and annoying for wondering this out loud which really it's silent since I'm on the computer. Shocked
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

Post by lucy Fri 03 Feb 2012, 03:20

George at his best is when there is someone who knows how to interview, Charlie Rose can. Looking forward to this one, after the actors studio it's made me aware of just how interesting and fun George can be. Over the last couple of years some how I'd lost sight of that.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Fri 03 Feb 2012, 03:25

pattygirl wrote:zizi, really do we know anything more about his private life than we did before. Yes, he's doing a lot of interviews and talk shows. We complain when he's quiet, then we complain when he does his interviews and talk shows. We want to "see him" true, but just pictures? If he doesn't talk, he doesn't live. He shines when he's talking. Talking about intelligent topics is when he's on point and happy. Whether it campaigning or not, it's George at his best. cheers

You have very good points Patty, and I would agree with you 100%, but he said recently that he is not in favour of press/campaigning. If he didn't repeat again and again how he values his private life, then turns around and does just the opposite.
You are right it's great to see him, to listen to him but if he would wait and do all this and more (which would make us even happier Very Happy ) after the Oscars, nobody would question his motives.
But it's his life, his decision and we just wish him the best and that he will be recognized for his work and get an Oscar or 2. bounce

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 03 Feb 2012, 04:04

I think the thing is how it is "feast or famine".....after the Oscars we probably won't hear from him for months....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Feb 2012, 04:28

m4rose,
I think that SK misspoke when she said it was "her" dog. But I can easily see how anybody would fall deeply in love with Eins Clooney, especially knowing something of his tragic past. If more people cared about animals, even if they weren't exactly theirs, fewer would be abused or mistreated. So if anyone who knows Eins Clooney personally is reading this, please give him a huge kiss and a hug from me. (LOL)
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 04:40

I like the suggestion that he's doing it to support Charlie Rose because that's a much nicer explanation. The timing is just horrible if it's not part of his Oscar campaign.

@Silly Girl: I think you're right. He'll probably go quiet and then we won't hear much from him until it's time to promote Gravity.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Feb 2012, 04:47

davidarochelle wrote:m4rose,
I think that SK misspoke when she said it was "her" dog. But I can easily see how anybody would fall deeply in love with Eins Clooney, especially knowing something of his tragic past. If more people cared about animals, even if they weren't exactly theirs, fewer would be abused or mistreated. So if anyone who knows Eins Clooney personally is reading this, please give him a huge kiss and a hug from me. (LOL)

I think SK was projecting (hinting) that it will be her dog as soon as she moves in with the Cloonster cause really then it will be THEIR dog.

As to his reasons for doing Person to Person I think I have to agree that he's probably doing it to help Charlie Rose and that it's something he watched as a kid with his parents so I'm sure it's special to him that he's been asked to participate.

Frankly, I'd like to see a remake of "This is Your Life" I always enjoyed that show!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 03 Feb 2012, 05:24

I hated this is your life...don't know why found it hard to watch. I think Stacy just wants people to think she and George are already living together and everything that is his is hers too. I don't think for second she is living with him and I doubt she will ever get too. There is no need for her too she lives close by and George doesn't exactly seem madly in love with her. Stacy is just trying to get people to think she is more then just the girl of the minute.

I think George is doing Charlie a favour appearing on his first show it will rate well and get lot's of good PR out of it. It's a win/win for both of them. I think once the Oscars are over he will go quiet again for awhile at least and we will all be asking where he is. But at least we will have lot's of interviews etc to keep watching. I would hate to see what George would be doing if he was "campaigning".
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 06:57

People magazine's take on this (found by Merlin)

From [url=http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20566572,00.html?xid=rss-tophe adlines]Merlin[/url]

See how one of the world's top film stars lives – away from the spotlight.

George Clooney has opened up his Los Angeles home to CBS News, showing off his kitchen (where he orders dinner), his screening room and bar, for a revival of the classic celebrities-at-home program Person to Person, made famous in the 1950s by Edward R. Murrow.

Along with his palatial digs, the Oscar winner, 50, also introduces viewers to a very special friend – his roommate Einstein, a black cocker spaniel whom he rescued in 2010. "The dog came in and threw himself at me," Clooney recalls, "and I find that works also with some actors."

Clooney also shows off some favorite photographs, including a Rat Pack photograph from the original Ocean's Eleven.

The new Person to Person episode, airing on CBS next Wednesday, Feb. 8 (8 p.m. ET), will also feature Jon Bon Jovi, who opens up his 16-acre New Jersey estate that includes a recording studio and its own pub, and Warren Buffett, who gives a tour of his Omaha, Neb., office.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:34

well
I guess we only need to wait
and see

I can't forget that Edward R. Murrow's Person to Person
in GNGL

another amazing blending
Not worthy he made Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 Feb 2012, 13:53

Trying to refresh my memory (major CRS going on today!), when he did the Lake Como open house with Diane Sawyer, was that around his Oscar campaign?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 14:36

No memory required, it's right here on this forum . . . somewhere.

Probably in this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 03 Feb 2012, 14:42

@Missa - I'm with you....if they cart you out, I'll go with you tongue

I think the Charlie Rose thing will be cool, cuz I'd love to see some of his place - it's just that the timing of all of this reeks of campaigning - and makes him look two-faced. I guess when it suits his purpose, it's ok not to be so private.

And SK didn't "project" or "misspoke" when she wrote about Eins - it was in print "When I adopted my dog Einstein"... I tried to find it again on her website, but can't seem to find it on her site....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 03 Feb 2012, 14:54

George is too young to have watched the Murrow Person to Person--it ended in 1961. But we have seen in the past that he considers Charlie Rose a friend, so maybe that is partly why he is doing it.

I find it slightly distasteful given his stance on privacy, but maybe he considers that it doesn't reveal much about him.

As for part of Oscar campaign? Perhaps, although I don't see how it will win him the Oscar. It does raise his public profile and that is something I have been considering lately (since so much of this publicity is inexplicable to me!) Maybe we are not seeing the big picture. It is very hard to get financing for movies these days. Even the "blockbusters" have had their budgets slashed. Depp's the Lone Ranger had that problem a few months ago. Maybe ist's a simple equation: George wants to direct more movies and act. George likes projects that are not considered big box office. George needs financing. Therefore, George needs the awards and publicity.

Any thoughts on this?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 03 Feb 2012, 15:50

fava, I agree think George may of been tired of all the attention he got with SL,MC,BAR, and yes the SL attention was his own doing. Hence the I'm not going to promote blah-blah time, which was probably a big put my foot into my mouth moment for him.So he's putting himself out there, at least we are not seeing much of his private moments except Cabo, I miss the dinner dates, bike rides.
Every GF hints around in little ways about her private life with George. He must make them feel as if they are a part of his life, IMO their mistake is forgetting it's a temp position. That's my take on the my dog tweet or whatever it was.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Feb 2012, 16:01

I think Stacy should be careful about making herself a part of his life. Sara Larson tried it (bossing his employees around, etc.) and she got a bam, bam, thank you maam soon after.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 Feb 2012, 02:03

I just saw a teaser on ET saying that Monday's show they will have a snippet of George's house.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 04 Feb 2012, 04:26

I saw it too. Everything looks so beautiful. I can't wait to watch it.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Feb 2012, 07:28

link?!
thanksssssssssss
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:24

It's on another thread I M.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:50

trovato!
grazie alien
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 04 Feb 2012, 13:12

Ohhh I just saw a clip. What a beautiful house!! I want to be there LOL! and see all the houseeee!! with him obviously Very Happy

LINK

hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Feb 2012, 13:25

Thumbs up! Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Feb 2012, 02:29

Already have the DVR ready to record this. Didn't realize Bon Jovi and Buffet were also going to be on the same episode. Can't wait, this should be interesting!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 05 Feb 2012, 02:40

Hmmmm... May be George has decided to playing the "this-way-I-talk that-way-I-go" for a while Very Happy (sigh...)

Well... the truth is, I wouldn't mind watching Charlie Rose and George on a show anytime of the year... the total prejudiced me Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 05 Feb 2012, 03:27

I bet it will be one of the best shows on tv. Hoorah!

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 05 Feb 2012, 03:38

Well Zizi... I am surely looking forward to watching George and Einstein talk things out... Very Happy

Although, I might have to catch up much later, on YouTube / or here I guess... George's Valentine's Treat for all of us?? cheers
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 09:52

hi Pari

what is in your pic?
what is shaped as an heart?
can't see! scratch

thanks Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:13

That's my Valentine's gift It's me!!! cheers

Was digging into my almonds, when I found that --- "The One" ;-) Two merged into one... awesome ONE!!! Very Happy Tried capturing it into a picture and just about got one dimension that you see there... Aaaaaaw miracle "heart"!!! I love you

Not clear...? I wrote this on it: ("Oh let us help LOVE have a great time this Valentine's YAY!!")

Ciao Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:55

now I see it Smile
Two merged into one... awesome ONE!!!

I love you

great writing, I already read, thanks Hug1

hope it works
last VD I prefer letting it go
with no fuss

less painful

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:18

Thanks It's me... Hug1 Hope you have a very special darling Valentine's this time then Baby Girl Very Happy

YUP... IF something was meant to be... it will in anyways BE!!! Smile And IF something is NOT happening... then the best thing sometimes is to simply let go because it is something that needs letting go... less painful when compared to the strong hope / expectation of something that might never be... dreaming of something that 'could' NEVER be... Very Happy Ha!!!

BUT then, who would've EVER trusted me, IF I talked of a dream almond like that "heart miracle" one??!!! And just imagine dear, it fell zooook zooook zoooook right into my happiness when I got munching on my almonds J U S T L I K E T H A T!!! cheers cheers cheers Cannot explain just how excited I got holding it in my hand, turning it up down right left this way that way... silly me!!! I was so excited!!! Wish there were dancing icons, I would have put all of them right here hahahahahhaha!!! Very Happy

Well... I am just hoping that everyone here... and so many others everywhere... especially those yearning quietly for that exhilerating happiness called "love"... will receive their "heart miracle" this Valentine's... I remember making that plea sometime ago on another blog (Milano Cookie Crumbs)... and I continue making the same wish every year!!! Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven

Now... before I have to get to the Kitchen to talk further... let me wish a "heart miracle" for George... for you and for all here... and for Stacy... and for Elisabetta... and for everyone in their teams as well... Smile I just wish, that the whole reverance of love will warm up as many souls as it breezes along in the mood... Smile With that thought... Ta all... for now I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 16:15

the best thing sometimes is to simply let go because it is something that needs letting go... less painful when compared to the strong hope / expectation of something that might never be... dreaming of something that 'could' NEVER be

you are right
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 05 Feb 2012, 19:12

hathaross wrote:Ohhh I just saw a clip. What a beautiful house!! I want to be there LOL! and see all the houseeee!! with him obviously Very Happy

LINK

Can't wait to see what's on George's fridge! Smile
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 05 Feb 2012, 19:43

Pari wrote:
YUP... IF something was meant to be... it will in anyways BE!!! Smile And IF something is NOT happening... then the best thing sometimes is to simply let go because it is something that needs letting go... less painful when compared to the strong hope / expectation of something that might never be... dreaming of something that 'could' NEVER be...

wow!, Pari.
You sure are pessimistic.
"Hope/expectation"?? Those two don't just fall from the sky.
They need to be worked on. I for one only give up after I have tried everything. But,things don't come about by just hoping for them you need to work at it. Then if it still doesn't work then I move on.

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 20:16

everything

humm....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 05 Feb 2012, 20:16

Maggy wrote:
Pari wrote:
YUP... IF something was meant to be... it will in anyways BE!!! Smile And IF something is NOT happening... then the best thing sometimes is to simply let go because it is something that needs letting go... less painful when compared to the strong hope / expectation of something that might never be... dreaming of something that 'could' NEVER be...

wow!, Pari.
You sure are pessimistic.
"Hope/expectation"?? Those two don't just fall from the sky.
They need to be worked on. I for one only give up after I have tried everything. But,things don't come about by just hoping for them you need to work at it. Then if it still doesn't work then I move on.

PARI, I often do not KNOW your thoughts or what you write! Everything had to be high and I understand the difference of Western thought than the East? I do not know, I know that often do not understand you and I think you're naive!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 20:18

guess not Pari
I'm the naive one...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 06 Feb 2012, 09:59

At home of George

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:11

Lela, honey your amazing!!!!! Wowwwww it's sooo dark hmmmmm? But low beams, simple lines, rugs, big bar! Liked the Mr Fox item. Greatstuff, is there any more pics to come? cheers
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:13

fluffy wrote:Lela, honey your amazing!!!!! Wowwwww it's sooo dark hmmmmm? But low beams, simple lines, rugs, big bar! Liked the Mr Fox item. Greatstuff, is there any more pics to come? cheers
go at link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:37

Thanks for that great link lela !!

24 pictures....Coolio Top Marks to the Housekeeper too.

Is that the notorious hot tub in picture 5 ???
I'd love to know who gave him the little silver Max in the bar.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:50

Oh ITs Me, don't give up until you have tried all that you can. Then and only then do we exit a love story. But of course, its your life and perhaps there are difficulties that make it hard to go any further. Its surprising that sometimes a love story that seemed on the verge of ashes can be awakened sometimes, with the proper care and attention. But working on a relationship is part of the battle. Sometimes it may feel like you're the only one trying. But a heart was never won by quitting. Thast for sure. it depends on what you really want. Just giving a little friendly aid if its needed.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:16

An annoying email this morning is making me snarky....HE DID A CLEANSE????? I guess he likes to make his gf's happy!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:50

What do you mean silly girl ?? Confused...
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:55

If you go through the photos on the CBS website they show the photo of his refrigerator....in the on the side of the photo it mentions he says he did a cleanse in the New year and that he was glad he did....don't get me wrong I am a bit of a health nut whereas I lost a lot of weight and cut out certain foods and try to eat healthy....but I have never believed in cleanses or liquid diets and just got an icky feeling when I read it...again having a bad morning which is why I snark.....sorry~

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Feb 2012, 13:20

No need to say sorry !
I'm just pleased that he seems to be aware of what he's doing to his body... with too much booze and high cholesterol foods... and maybe is changing direction in that area of his life. At 50 the body often needs to change direction. When I saw the fridge picture I thought the contents were probably from SK's influence and that's not a bad thing surely ?
Don't most single men need enlightening about a more healthy
way of eating ?
And women can do that enlightening usually, for the poor unenlightened little man ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Feb 2012, 13:37

BTW I love the Goofy George look.
It may catch on ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Mon 06 Feb 2012, 13:42

I love the house and decorating very manly looking though. I don't think any of George's women have any influence on his decisions about food or anything else. Certainly not Stacy, she is the typical party girl, they cleanse so they can drink a lot. I don't think George is poor or unenlightened about his health habits at all. To me he looks great and healthy, and has for a while since after Syriana problem.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 06 Feb 2012, 13:42

Joanna wrote:No need to say sorry !
I'm just pleased that he seems to be aware of what he's doing to his body... with too much booze and high cholesterol foods... and maybe is changing direction in that area of his life. At 50 the body often needs to change direction. When I saw the fridge picture I thought the contents were probably from SK's influence and that's not a bad thing surely ?
Don't most single men need enlightening about a more healthy
way of eating ?
And women can do that enlightening usually, for the poor unenlightened little man ! lol!

With what you see George in his fridge hungry: Vegetables, a few oranges and vegetable drinks: I enso which then goes to the restaurant because it seems to me that he has recently put on weight.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 06 Feb 2012, 14:04

Thanks Lela, wowwww again!!! Who are all those people at the end? can't be the tv crew?? Maybe Gee's "staff"? Einers not loving it either! Very neat, all bottles facing front, I agree, the housekeeper is worth her weight! There was mustard and sauce in the fridge which means Gee is still on "man food", but could all be just for show! At least he has popcorn & snacks while watching his movies! Loads of wine in a "upstairs" cellar?? Good work George, lovin you being "private"!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next