George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

+40
Vi
Bidbod
EEOsandy
Lighterside
socimar
Michelle meyers
The next mrs clooney
MyGirlKylie
Duffy
MM
sisieq
madsky
NotAvailable
fluffy
Pari
fava
bellybaby
LornaDoone
m4rose
zizi
Maggy
premiere
silly girl
Missa
Dexterdidit
davidarochelle
melbert
pattygirl
Joanna
it's me
cindigirl
hathaross
Katiedot
annemarie
lucy
Atalante
Cinderella
dakota007
ally12
lelacorb
44 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

Post by pattygirl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:37

Just finished watching - well, it's not a freezer, it's a second refrigerator with see thru door. Wines are all in temperature controlled cabinets. Loved the pictureof Einstein, really lovely.

I'll tell you, it's my kind of house. He credits Randy G. with redecoration idea, but doesn't say who accomplished it. It is definitely a man's castle. Nothing glitzy, chintzy, or frou-frouish.
It's a home, furnished for comfort and filled with memorabilia and sentiment. I think George will be in that home for a very long time.

pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

Post by melbert Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:38

I only have to wait 20 more minutes!!! And thanks Hathaross for getting us back to the topic!!!!!

Thanks PattyGirl!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:50

Awwww I cant wait to wacth it!! Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:53

Such a great house, seems very comfortable not over the top like many Hollywood stars have. The pic of Einstein was adorable and the way Eins came running in and jumped on his lap. I couldn't definitely feel comfortable living there Sofa bounce
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:57

Beautiful home! kind of reminded me of an HGTV show but with celebs Cool

he said it wasn't his decor style but he did like it. i have dabbled in interior design and you usually ask what the person wants. for example i would have a large B&W photo of either his harley or his dog over the fireplace , artistically of course. being a photographer and a dabbler of interior design I was looking at the show more from that angle

JMHO

Rande DID do a VERY nice job! I did like it. I just would've asked george what he would've liked

Off topic - last year during the summer, i went to an estate sale and walked in on them taping an episode of a HGTV show, I think it was cash and cary something like that. Interesting!

Last edited by Michelle meyers on Thu 09 Feb 2012, 05:04; edited 1 time in total
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:59

Ok so someone on Twitter wrote to SK and said they loved the 3 black and white photos of GC w/ SK ....I didn't see them when I watched..not that I want anyone to be distracted from watching the program but maybe someone else will notice them.... just curious....thanks Enjoy!

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 09 Feb 2012, 02:07

silly girl wrote:Ok so someone on Twitter wrote to SK and said they loved the 3 black and white photos of GC w/ SK ....I didn't see them when I watched..not that I want anyone to be distracted from watching the program but maybe someone else will notice them.... just curious....thanks Enjoy!

i never saw them but did DVR it so will go back and take a look after I've watched modern family.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 02:17

Thanks NMC...I am feeling bad I brought attention to it....of course he has photos of them...they are together....please disregard...it was petty of me....

(Modern Family is good tonight)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 09 Feb 2012, 02:46

Silly girl you peaked my curiosity so I had to go back and look. I did not see any pictures of her on the wall at all, however I think there is the picture of her and Einstein laying by the pool (the one that she posted on twitter) on the table behind the couch. Probably a gift to him from her would be my guess.

I did notice how happy einstein looked in the photo on the wall compared to all the photos we have seen on twitter and in the press when he is with the GF.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:02

Decided to not look at the previous comments since this is just starting here in the West Coast but have been looking forward to this ever since I heard about it! Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:09

My first comment - those cabinets in his kitchen - especially the drawer pulls are exactly what I was looking at for my bedroom furniture!! Love the light cabinets with the silver pulls!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:12

Nice rack of liquor George! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:19

Well Rande has good taste, loved the house I know the pool-patio was completely redone. What I'd like to know is were the actual rooms restructured, or did he just change the flooring, paint, furniture etc. Whatever he did a great job! My favorite room was the dining room it almost looked as if was outdoors, but at the same time I felt as if it was cave like.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:49

I liked the outdoor seating area with the big tv (not the screening room but the one he walked thru before he got to the screening room).

I loved the kitchen - the glass front cabinets are great - if you can keep them neat!

But his fridge was a bit bare! I guess he does order in a lot.

Me, I love to cook so there'd be a lot of stuff in a big fridge like that - especially if I had friends over as often as he does! Loved the stove too!

Just goes to show you how great the weather can be here in LA really a nice outdoor area and liked that he had a second outdoor dining table but it was covered from the sun.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Feb 2012, 08:27

no vids?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:00

The complete video. Wow it was fast Very Happy

LINK
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney as he appeared on 'Person to Person'
By David Zurawik
The Baltimore Sun
9:59 p.m. EST, February 8, 2012

I wanted to like "Person to Person," the new-old CBS News interview show with Charlie Rose and Lara Logan trying to fill the celebrity interviewer shoes once worn by the legendary Edward R. Murrow.

And with George Clooney as the first interviewee, I thought it couldn't miss.

But it did. And I'm not here to blast it. The show just felt so flat, thin and plastic, I kept asking myself what am I getting here that I couldn't get on"Access Hollywood"or any of a half a dozen other sold-out-Hollywood show biz shows. Like them, the media bargain struck here is painfully obvious: You give us some phony access to your popularity, Mr. Hollywood Star, and we'll give you publicity. We're not looking for truth, cultural insights or, God forbid, a second of wisdom, just viewership by your fans.

The contradiction in this format, though, is even more maddening than it is when you see a celebrity being interviewed on a soundstage or in a hotel PR room with couch, table, and flower-filled vase. Viewers are told in "Face to Face" that the cameras of CBS News are going to take them to one of the most intimate realms of a celebrity's life, his or her home. But once the viewer gets there, all the he or she gets is a phony, public performance by the celebrity.

In the case of Clooney, he walked around his Studio City home with a mug in his hand, being the smooth, charming, witty Clooney you have seen in a million public performances. Even the pictures on the walls of his home most often referred to public aspects of his life, like his movies, not anything private.

Typical of the empty interview talk and contradiction (some might say big lie) at the heart of this show was a moment when Rose asked Clooney what the difference is between a house and home.

Clooney, after acting like he really had to think about it, said a home is "filled with family and good friends." Then, he assured us that the place we were visiting was like that -- except we didn't see any family or good friends, just the star blah-blah-blahing his way through a half hour of CBS prime time as part of his Oscar campaign.

Wait, Clooney's dog, Einstein, did make a fast appearance. It was the highlight of the segment. I hope it really was his dog. I guess I will have to take his word for it.

(Sorry, Baltimore, I know it seems as if we here at baltimoresun.com never let a day go by without one item or new gallery of pictures featuring Clooney's friend and beloved hometown gal, Stacey Keibler. But the lovely and talented Ms, Keibler was not part of the featured package Wednesday night on CBS.)

I do know a little about Murrow. There was a time when I could talk about "Harvest of Shame" practically frame by frame. My Ph.D. research was steeped in CBS founder Bill Paley and the kinds of compromises he made to create and turn CBS into the great network it once was.

"Person to Person" was Murrow's compromise with Paley -- the show he did to make money for Paley, so that he could do the kind of journalism that sometimes cost the network a sponsor or two.

The "Person to Person" that debuted Wednesday night isn't an homage to Murrow -- even the compromised Murrow. It's a classic example of re-purposing or recycling an idea that once had some originality and imagination connected to it, commercial as it was.

It's an example of a old corporation taking a brand that it still owns, dusting it off and trying to make a buck off it with some re-packaging and "TV icon" talk.

No thanks. I'd rather remember what made Murrow and CBS News great -- once upon a time.

Copyright © 2012, The Baltimore Sun
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:50

Wow... Me thinks he may be a little sore that Stacy wasn't there... lol!

I liked the show and like to see how the "upper crust" live. I think they are more like us than we know. They have more "stuff" but no better or worse than the rest of us. JMHO
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:55

Saw George's house on Charlie Rose "Person to Person" last night. Quite a lovely house but only the living room, the bar and the outdoor furniture was shown, wish I could have seen more. George was the usual himself, funny, sarcastic and interesting. I did not know that it was Rande Gerber (Cindy Crawford's husband) who had the house decorated because according to him, with the original furniture or lack of it, it looked like a frat's house. Unfortunately the interview was very short as the program included two other people, Buffet and Bon Jovi. I was stunned by Bon Jovi's house, actually a compound on a river but the main house with its grand living room looked like the Chateau of Versailles.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 09 Feb 2012, 13:17

Thanks for the link hathaross!!! I could totally live in his kitchen!!!! Looks very comfy and manly.

The tweet about the pics of him and Cray - could those be the 3 next to the JFK picture/ties? Couldn't really make out who it was, just looked like a blonde with long hair...

And whoever's smoking crack at the Baltimore Sun should really stop before they write their articles...out of the goodness of his heart, he's dating one of their skanks, and they can't show him any love??? And to top it off, they describe her as "the lovely and talented"?? Well, I guess if that's what they call talent, of course they'll find Clooney boring....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Feb 2012, 13:37

like his last words Very Happy

Hug1 lip smack
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 09 Feb 2012, 13:42

Guess George got freebies from Cindy's furniture line? lol
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 09 Feb 2012, 13:48

LOL bellybaby...yep they sure were smoking something weren't they? Or they didn't really remember the old show because there was nothing different about this; except that it was an updated version of the old one. It was supposed to be a puff piece for crying out loud, not a hard hitting newscast.

What was Mr. Zurawik expecting?

Did he think George was going to sit down with a glass of wine and wax poetic about the meaning of life or the way to lead America out of this economic and debt crisis? I mean seriously! It WAS a puff piece and advertised as such....and that's what you get, when it's an interview like this one was intended to be; showing the people in America how the very rich live here. What did he think it was going to be like? That's exactly what Murrow did in his presentations.

That's what's wrong with expectations...when you expect too much, you're bound to be disappointed!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 09 Feb 2012, 13:50

Ohh I missed to see more parts of the house but I love it! I want a cinema room like that Very Happy

I saw the pictures of Stacy and him, I wonder what he do when all the pictures of his ex LOL

And you can see the second fridge when he has a lot of things... sure somebody chose the right things and put in the first one to all of us see something, but in the other one were other things.

I would have liked to see all the photos.

But at least we have seen his house, I never thought that we should see it.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 09 Feb 2012, 13:56

Found George's Hedgestone moment to SK (yes bellybaby) on the doorframe next to JFK pic, right were George paused to talk there is a trio of B&W pics of George with a blonde.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 09 Feb 2012, 15:17

Joanna wrote:Thanks hathaross....that's great... and yes I stop and start too to get a good nose around the rooms. You can do that too with HD TV on a recorded programme. Good way to take photos off the TV !

And did you all notice ?
Einstein has a well trimmed clean botty Yahooooo

I'm sure that George probably sends Einstein to a professional dog groomer. Einstein sure lucked out after all that he has been through being a Katrina Hurricane survivor. Now, he is living in the lap of luxury Inot to mentioned George's lap, also, LOL).
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 15:42

Thanks hathaross for the round his house video. I didn't get to see it last night, the kids confiscated all the televisions watching American Idol. They have NO taste for George.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 09 Feb 2012, 15:48

Good eye NMC for spotting the photo of Stacy and Einstein.

I enjoyed seeing some of G's house, but thought the Person to Person show itself was a bit lame. Old-fashioned and retro, but not in a good way. Did not like how they watched in arm chairs on a TV feed and Lara seemed to be the one who studied up on Clooney. Hated her"Gee Whiz!" expression at times. JMO. We'll see how long it lasts.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 16:33

I thought she interrupted George much too often. Often didn't let him finish his sentences. While she may have studied up on George, she shouldn't have been doing that. It was rude and as she was changing topic each time, it made for a clumsy performance.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Thu 09 Feb 2012, 16:39

Outtakes from last night here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 09 Feb 2012, 17:06

The next mrs clooney wrote:
silly girl wrote:Ok so someone on Twitter wrote to SK and said they loved the 3 black and white photos of GC w/ SK ....I didn't see them when I watched..not that I want anyone to be distracted from watching the program but maybe someone else will notice them.... just curious....thanks Enjoy!

i never saw them but did DVR it so will go back and take a look after I've watched modern family.

Watch the video at 4:36 minutes (I think) when G shows the picture of President Kennedy (the one with the ties), to the left of this picture there are three of G and SK in black & white.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 18:51

Ok I looked at it as closely as I could...are we sure it is her? Not trying to be petty but I couldn't really tell...opinions?

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:27

I wasn't sure either but I'm pretty sure the one on the table in the living room is her and Einstein. :-/
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:31

those are, IMO, from this set
with Renee
after Leatherheads
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:36

If it is RZ then it makes sense...because I felt she seemed shorter than him, in the first two photos. Oh I didn't see the Eins photo..but will look again...just an observation that that is the photo he has up...one everyone has seen.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:36

just took a nother look on my computer so that I could zoom in. Sure looks like 3 very small pics of them together but because the pics were small can't verify 100%. What is weird is that all the other pictures on the walls were very proportinate to the room and the decor. The size of these pics did not fit in with the others and there was nothing to balance them out on the other side of the doorway. In my opinion these pictures were more of an afterthought and not necessarily something that is permanently there. To fit in with the other pictures they would have had to have been bigger. Look at the size of the picture he has of Einstein then look at the size of the pictures he has of SK, hmmmm. Indicator of where his love really belongs?????
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:45

Well, everyone agrees there's no love between them... maybe only... well... whatever... I don't know him and have no idea what his relationships are. I only pray for him to succeed in his career and in life in general. Prayers help, I think!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:55

the other
pic
is on the desk
on the left

not necessarily something that is permanently there

could be
only George know

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:56

btw
this renee pic is really wonderful
look at his viso (face)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:59

Re the three little B/W pictures.
I've had a good look on my Mac screen, on pause.
Could it be Celine ??
Can anyone with a large TV screen see it better, on pause ?
I've watched it with no sound too and then I can concentrate
on having a good nose around.
I have two similarities in my home.....plenty of pictures all over the
walls and a kitchen paper towel holder just like his !!! Yahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:03

it's me wrote:those are, IMO, from this set
with Renee
after Leatherheads

I remember those pictures and have them on my Windows laptop.
Renee's hair was much shorter than the person in the pictures....
Oooooo this mystery is causing such fun !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:05

I have photos all around and I am partial to black & white one's too....I gotta say love his decor...what I wouldn't do to have a wine collection like that....I also liked the idea of framing old 45's....very creative...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:08

Which are the minutes of those pictures? I´ll try to make zoom
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:16

They look like the Marie Claire photos of him and Renee when promoting Leatherheads. Yes?

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:22

Perhaps not? Renee had short hair. If it is Stacy, I'm impressed.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:52

If she really could not see Stacy, Why?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:53

Maybe it's Patricia Clarkson from the Good night and Good Luck era. B&W that would fit. ???
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Feb 2012, 21:03

hathaross wrote:Which are the minutes of those pictures? I´ll try to make zoom

They're just to the left of the Jack Kennedy frame of picture and two ties.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Thu 09 Feb 2012, 21:12

here you ladies talking about who the female in the photo is and I'm wondering if the fireplace has a switch or if it's wood-burning.
Marshmallows anyone... s'mores Lots of happy
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next