George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+46
anon.4
dakota007
madsky
maria4
LornaDoone
Lella_la_bella
m4rose
dolcevita
zizi
noodle
sadDonkey
Dior
Wolfgang Gunnerson
Natascha
Charley
Casey
it's me
fadelite
Lighterside
elymania
annemarie
lolo"layla"
Cinderella
blubelle
janieb
Katiedot
doris day
davidarochelle
watching
pandabear
Henway
lovelylois
lucy
MyGirlKylie
Atalante
sandwiches
MM
cindigirl
pattygirl
lelacorb
socimar
bellybaby
melbert
Dexterdidit
sisieq
Ello
50 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by socimar Fri 30 Sep 2011, 23:35

I polished the article that Watching just sent. It's the old google translation that I decided to clean up a bit.

ENGLISH
Elisabetta Canalis remains in the U.S. I have other projects

Elizabeth does not leave, actually she is more charged than ever. Despite her elimination from " Dancing with the Stars " the American ABC talent show, Canalis has no plans to leave the United States to return to Italy.

At “Verissimo” (an Italian TV program), in the episode that will air tomorrow, Eli said: " For the moment I will stay in America. Although nothing is official, I have some interesting things that I'm evaluating. Now let's see what happens after the show is over, if it was just a nice experience for its own sake, or if it will bring in something else...''

The former velina speaking from from Los Angeles called "extraordinary" her experience at the Dancing with the Stars and confessed that at this moment she is making the rounds of all the talk shows.

Canalis has blamed her elimination to the votes from the public: " Obviously I did not have the fans that others have " .

" To the American journalists, I have always said: look, in Italy I am famous for not knowing how to dance, therefore, said Elizabeth - I'm happy and thankful for what I have accomplished . "

ITALIAN
Elisabetta non lascia, anzi raddoppia. La Canalis nonostante l'eliminazione da "Dancing with the Stars", talent show americano della Abc, non ha intenzione di lasciare gli Stati Uniti per fare ritorno in Italia.
A Verissimo, nella puntata che andrà in onda domani, Eli ha dichiarato: "Per il momento resto in America. Anche se non c'è niente di ufficiale, ho delle cose interessanti che sto valutando. Adesso vediamo cosa succede finito lo show, se è stata solo una bella esperienza fine a se stessa o mi porterà altro…''.
L'ex velina in collegamento da Los Angeles ha definito "straordinaria" l'esperienza fatta a Dancing with the Stars e ha confessato che in questo momento sta facendo il giro di tutti i talk show.
La Canalis ha motivato l'eliminazione allo spareggio con i voti del pubblico: "Ovviamente io non avevo i fan che hanno gli altri".
"Ai giornalisti, qui in America, ho sempre detto: guardate che in Italia sono famosa per non saper ballare. Quindi - ha concluso Elisabetta - sono felice e mi ritengo fortunata per quel che ho fatto".

Last edited by socimar on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 23:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and added info)
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by doris day Fri 30 Sep 2011, 23:51

translation
i have always said to the journalists that in Italy i am famous for not knowing how to dance

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 01 Oct 2011, 02:14

She is evaluating things, pretty sure she will take whatever is offered to her. Eli wants a career in the US and I wonder if she has worked out she has to start at the bottom and work her way up. I hope she isn't expecting all these great offers to come flooding in cause she will be in for a big surprise! The shop opens soon so she has that and I bet she is the model for all the designs nothing like creating a job for yourself. I don't think she is interesting enough for a reality tv show which is about the only thing that has come out of DWTS for others. I'm sure Italy will get over not having her around they seem to be coping pretty well. Eli may end up shooting herself in the foot she may not want work there now but in the future I bet she will but by then they may not want her! I think we will start seeing her date someone.....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 01 Oct 2011, 03:20

I saw the access hollywood interview she said that in Italy her talent-job was to be hot! That she can't dance, etc. Finally she tells the truth!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 Empty George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has finally come clean about the covered-up Eminem tattoo on her arm.[/

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Oct 2011, 07:07

Oh my. One day she may learn not to lie. I said may.

From sf gate

30 Sept 2011

George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has finally come clean about the covered-up Eminem tattoo on her arm.

The Italian TV host made an appearance on TV show “Access Hollywood Live” on Thursday and turned coy when she was asked about her body art.

Insisting she didn’t have a tattoo tribute to the rapper, as has been reported, she initially refused to let host Billy Bush check out the ink on her right bicep close up, but when he persisted she held out her arm, stating, “It’s roses…” But Bush was more interested in what the floral design covered up.

He read, “E-M-I-N-E-M,” prompting his red-faced guest to own up to a youthful mistake.

She said, “OK, I was 21 and I wanted to do exactly the same tattoo that this singer had, because you’re a little bit dumb maybe sometimes at 21 and I did it, but I covered it.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 01 Oct 2011, 07:37

I don't know why she bothered lying that story has been around for ages and it is easy to prove. She should have just owned up and laughed it off and not made a big deal out of it.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:13

Looks like the store will have more than just Italian designers in it. From Val's twitter:

ValemiCChettiVale Micchetti
Bon Jour Paris...is still Summer here! going around to check upcoming brands for my show room in LA. So excited!
23 hours ago
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:44

So it's Val's showroom then? Not Betty's?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:50

This should be the video with the tattoo debacle:

And this should be the video where she denies sending George texts:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:54

Maybe Val may be the brains of the business, Betty is the public figure who can get attention? Val's twitter use to say that she would be the CEO of the business. Maybe Betty is just investing and part of her contribution to the business is getting press attention. Betty gives interviews, Val doesn't. Maybe they hoped DWTS would give Betty name recognition in the States (or at least LA) that would then benefit the business. Although, I would think Val's roladex of contacts would be reasonably impressive to garner attention for the opening at least. She was just vacationing with Bar Refaeli.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:56

Valentina Michetti and a pr fashion and is very friendly and Ely (but not its pr as has been said many times here) that Raphael Bar. Ebara and Vale often meet in Milan
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 01 Oct 2011, 13:20

Betty and Val's GMA interview.
Link to video

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 14:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 01 Oct 2011, 17:10

Didn't Eli talk about what an independent and strong women she was?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Oct 2011, 17:19

All women do. I think it's the fashion at the moment.

bellybaby wrote:Eli's twitter was shut down almost before it started - no doubt at George's request (or Stan's),
Sorry, I'm on my anti-assumption horse at the moment. We've actually got not idea at all why Eli stopped tweeting. It could just as easily have been she realised that she was crap at it. As far as I know, she didn't close her account, she just made it private for a while.

Stacy's been tweeting for a while and it's one of her main communication methods with her fan base. No way on earth she'd stop tweeting and it would be wrong to ask her to stop.

I would guess, and yes it's just a guess, that the understanding is that she doesn't mention George in her tweets and then everything's ok.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 01 Oct 2011, 17:25

Sounds like a valid conclusion. After all, all assumptions do is "make and ass out of you and me".
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 01 Oct 2011, 18:47

@ Katie...Betty shut down her twitter account or it went "private" when she had the unfortunate impulse to retweet something nasty about Jennifer Aniston and it turned into a media nightmare for all concerned. That was the end of her tweeting days during the rest of their relationship, so it's not a huge leap to figure that Stan and/or George shut it down. Don't forget that Jennifer was a good friend of George's, in the past anyway, so I don't think it's a big leap to assume his input had something to do with her abrupt and immediate end on twitter.

And of course no two people see everything the same but in my opinion, Stacy is "implying" things and she knows very well what conclusion people are jumping to when they read some of her more mysteriously worded tweets...let's be honest here, the girl is playing word games. Not saying that she doesn't have the right to do it but let's be honest here...she's playing with the fans or whoever is following her tweets and much is implied and it's as transparent as my computer screen.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 01 Oct 2011, 18:53

Could be, could be. We, each and every one of us, would probably do the same of our significant other took exception to something malicious that we, tweeted, facebooked, said in public or spread in any like manner. An apology just doesn't usually cut it as the harm is done. If we gossip and cause harm or embarassment in a public manner, we would expect to be "shut down" when our SO became insensed.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Oct 2011, 19:04

Lighterside wrote:@ Katie...Betty shut down her twitter account or it went "private" when she had the unfortunate impulse to retweet something nasty about Jennifer Aniston
But that's the thing; she didn't. She retweeted something that was both funny AND true. And it became a big media mess which is enough to make anyone who's not that wild about tweeting stop. That's not the same as saying she was told to stop and I think we are making too big a leap here.

George generally just doesn't seem to give a shit about what his girlfriends say or do, what they wear, how they spend their free time, who they hang out with etc etc. We've seen this over and over again. He can't even be bothered to turn up for runway debuts or other big moments in these women's lives. Hell, he barely even takes them out on a date more than once a month or so.

The only time we see any sort of involvement is when it directly affects him, such as if a girlfriend tweets or talks about him too much, revealing more about himself than he wants known.

I agree that if Stacy isn't tweeting about her relationship with George then she's an idiot because the whole world will read it that way.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 01 Oct 2011, 20:16

Chez Jimmy Kimmel Basketball How many talkshows do you have over there, over the ocean ?
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 01 Oct 2011, 20:25

Too many. All the major networks have them in the morning, some have them in the afternoon and all have them again in "late night" usually starting after 11:00 pm.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 01 Oct 2011, 20:27

Thanks Katie for the video. This is the first time I've heard her mention G's name in response to the breakup question. She seems so nervous and humble now.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 01 Oct 2011, 20:50

Katiedot wrote:
Lighterside wrote:@ Katie...Betty shut down her twitter account or it went "private" when she had the unfortunate impulse to retweet something nasty about Jennifer Aniston
But that's the thing; she didn't. She retweeted something that was both funny AND true. And it became a big media mess which is enough to make anyone who's not that wild about tweeting stop. That's not the same as saying she was told to stop and I think we are making too big a leap here.

George generally just doesn't seem to give a shit about what his girlfriends say or do, what they wear, how they spend their free time, who they hang out with etc etc. We've seen this over and over again. He can't even be bothered to turn up for runway debuts or other big moments in these women's lives. Hell, he barely even takes them out on a date more than once a month or so.

The only time we see any sort of involvement is when it directly affects him, such as if a girlfriend tweets or talks about him too much, revealing more about himself than he wants known.

Well to be fair you don't actually know what George says or does in his personal relationships anymore than any of the the rest of us so I'll just say that in my opinion, it would make sense to me that George would say something if it made HIS representation's (Stan) job more difficult and that retweet surely caused some headaches and I don't have to be an insider to figure that one out, it's plain old common sense.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 01 Oct 2011, 20:57

[quote="Katiedot"]George generally just doesn't seem to give a shit about what his girlfriends say or do, what they wear, how they spend their free time, who they hang out with etc etc. [quote]

Well then, my life aspiration is to be a girlfriend of George. Think of it, I could do anything I want and he wouldn'tgive a shit. It desn't get much better than that.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Oct 2011, 00:29

OMP!!!! Elisabetta is ENGAGED!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spoiler:
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 00:35

EC tweeted or re-tweeted that nasty (IMO) comment about Aniston, and within about 48 hours, it became a 'thing' in the media, and zap, she said her goodbye on her Twitter page and she was gone, or she went private, or whatever. But her Twitter page, as it existed then, stopped. Or rather, was stopped. And it was obvious that George shut it down. I agree that he doesn't care or get involved in his lady friends' stuff. But the Aniston thing was embarrassing to him, because she was ridiculing a fellow celebrity friend of his. Until that incident, she was happily tweeting away about spaghetti sauce and getting her driver's license and he couldn't care any less than he appears to care. But the Aniston thing went too far, and he put a stop to it. That was clear. She even said goodbye on her Twitter page.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 02 Oct 2011, 00:38

LOL Makes you just want to throw up a little. Shane Warne is probably one of the ickiest, slimy and cheating men around and this is going to end very badly for Liz! But then she is used to cheaters so maybe she doesn't care. At least it keeps him out of Australia although his 3 children would probably prefer to see him more!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sun 02 Oct 2011, 00:50

@Lighter and Casey - that's EXACTLY the way I remember it. I too fully "understood" that George and/or Stan put an end to EC's twittering specifically because she, by way of her re-tweet (and I think some comment about it, however short) made fun of one of George's friends who also happens to be a big Hollywood star.

Was it before or after she was shut down, that she offered those obviously fake apologies about not knowing that she was re-tweeting a nasty tweet? I say apologies, but did she actually apologize, or were the "I didn't know what I was doing" bleetings in place of an apology?
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Oct 2011, 00:55

And, if I'm remembering right, didn't she tweet about a wonderful Sunday BBQ? Then she had the fake apologies "I didn't know about re-tweeting". Then her Twitter went private.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 02 Oct 2011, 01:10

watching wrote:Betty and Val's GMA interview.
Link to video

In this video she speaks with a hoarse voice and is also holding what looks like a wrap/blanket, then this morning she twitted that she had spent the night with Mr. Tylenol Cold, so I think she really caught a cold.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 01:39

Charley wrote:

Was it before or after she was shut down, that she offered those obviously fake apologies about not knowing that she was re-tweeting a nasty tweet? I say apologies, but did she actually apologize, or were the "I didn't know what I was doing" bleetings in place of an apology?

Charley, it was in the middle of this brouhaha, right before her twitter was shut down, that it was leaked to Eonline that she didn't understand what she was re-tweeted, and pretty much hinted that her lack of English was to blame. IE, she didn't know what she re-tweeting and she didn't know what re-tweeting was. She tweeted herself, the day before it was shut down, that she would never say anything negative about Aniston, that she was just re-tweeting (ie, it was someone else's fault). Then, the story continued for another day, and then George nipped it in the bud.

Casey

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 02 Oct 2011, 08:44

Betty - the pigeon rescuer. From her twitter (for for info - @Chomatic is the PETA twitter person)

JustElisabettaElisabettaCanalis
@ChoMatic just found a pigeon in the middle of the street. A cat bited him,I went to 2 vets but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
6 hours ago

@ChoMatic ..they sent me away! How can I help him? I just bought a cage to keep him at home with me. I think I ll call him Igor
6 hours ago

@ChoMatic l found a guy who heals wild animals. I m bringing Igor tomorrow
6 hours ago
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 02 Oct 2011, 09:20

Pigeons are hard they can seem alright but die of shock during the night. We rescued birds from out cats all the time when we were kids including a pigeon we named ours Mr Pidgeon he survived and once he was healed was set free. He came back for food and bought more and more friends with him each time. LOL MY mum was not impressed about that bit.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:46

Casey wrote:
Charley wrote:

Charley, it was in the middle of this brouhaha, right before her twitter was shut down, that it was leaked to Eonline that she didn't understand what she was re-tweeted, and pretty much hinted that her lack of English was to blame. IE, she didn't know what she re-tweeting and she didn't know what re-tweeting was. She tweeted herself, the day before it was shut down, that she would never say anything negative about Aniston, that she was just re-tweeting (ie, it was someone else's fault). Then, the story continued for another day, and then George nipped it in the bud.

Yes she did "hint" that she didn't know what re-tweeting was, but before she was shut down didn't quite a few people take a look through her tweets and find that she had done her fair share of re-tweeting in the past? She hides behind this "lack of English language skills" for quite a few things that just plain good manners would suffice. Maybe her quick exit from DWTS was due in fairly equal parts to not having a fan-base in US, the Kardashians fans voting against her and, the Aniston fans also voting against her.

We've all noted her flip-flops about every other subject there is to talk about, but the Aniston episode was pretty nearly the worst because all her attempts to explain herself, lacked anything that seemed remotely like a genuine, sincere apology.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:53

The twitter of Aniston looked like Iggy Pop was really Alessandro Cattelan, a presenter and comedian who makes fun of everyone. In a television Elisanetta Cattelan and talked about it and she jokingly said, because of you I changed my twitter account and I risked a lynching.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:54

Just have to say about the language-problem:
You can choose the language in which Twitter is shown to you and Italian is also available......

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 02 Oct 2011, 13:06

And who said anything about language problems! Reetwitter no translation if you do not know twitter!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Oct 2011, 13:38

Yeah, that excuse that she didn't understand was bullshit. If she hadn't understood the tweet why would she have retweeted it? It was only funny if you could understand it.

BTW, the tweet was that Iggy Pop looked like Jennifer Aniston, not that Jennifer A looked like Iggy Pop.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 02 Oct 2011, 14:48

How did we go from Stacey's Latest Tweet to Eli's Twitter account and her retweeting? Doesn't EC have her own threads?
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Oct 2011, 15:16

That can be her new profession! Pigeon Lady!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 02 Oct 2011, 17:15

She'd better be careful of her 2 dogs. Pigeons are disease carriers and could cause the dogs problems. Hate to see her lose one of her dogs because of a stray pigeon. What about the Humane Society? They should take care of it. Was it even a stray? Maybe it belonged to someone. I'm sure there are pigeon fanciers in LA, too.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 5 Empty temporary thread

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Oct 2011, 17:20

I'm sorry Patty and well spotted. I'll move this part of the convo over to the Betty thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 02 Oct 2011, 17:47

lelacorb wrote:The twitter of Aniston looked like Iggy Pop was really Alessandro Cattelan, a presenter and comedian who makes fun of everyone. In a television Elisanetta Cattelan and talked about it and she jokingly said, because of you I changed my twitter account and I risked a lynching.

Yes, remember the interview in Italy with Simona Ventura asking her about the incident of the twitting and Alessandro Cattelan got up from the audience and said that he had done the twitting and she had retwitted what he had said without realizing that the whole world would read it.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Oct 2011, 17:52

Lighterside wrote: I'll just say that in my opinion, it would make sense to me that George would say something if it made HIS representation's (Stan) job more difficult and that retweet surely caused some headaches and I don't have to be an insider to figure that one out, it's plain old common sense.
Charley wrote:@Lighter and Casey - that's EXACTLY the way I remember it. I too fully "understood" that George and/or Stan put an end to EC's twittering specifically because she, by way of her re-tweet (and I think some comment about it, however short) made fun of one of George's friends who also happens to be a big Hollywood star.
Casey wrote: the Aniston thing was embarrassing to him, because she was ridiculing a fellow celebrity friend of his. Until that incident, she was happily tweeting away about spaghetti sauce and getting her driver's license and he couldn't care any less than he appears to care. But the Aniston thing went too far, and he put a stop to it. That was clear. She even said goodbye on her Twitter page.
I'll try to reply to all three of you in one go to explain why I don't think Betty's twitter was shut down because she was ordered to by George (or Stan).

Firstly, all three of you have misremembered one thing: it wasn't Jennifer Aniston who was insulted; it was Iggy Pop. Betty tweeted that on a cover of a magazine, Iggy Pop looked like Aniston (which he did).

It was a slow media news day and this got a lot of press coverage, but I don't think it would have given George or his team any headaches. Why would it? He didn't agree with it, didn't authorise it or approve that statement. Having your girlfriend called an escort (as the LA Times said about Sarah Larson), or being a porn actress (Krista Allen) or implicated in a drugs and prostitution scandal (as Betty is) are headaches for George but not one silly tweet that was blown up in the media out of all proportion and didn't upset either Aniston or Iggy Pop.

Jennifer Aniston isn't a close personal friend of George's any more than Iggy Pop is.

And George doesn't have any issues with upsetting celebs who he doesn't like (eg: Jack Abramoff) even if they are friends of his family (eg: Charlton Heston) so I don't think a twitter dig is really going to have him up all night.

That the stupid tweet and the closure of her account are linked is obvious to me too. I do believe that was what I call an ohshit moment for team Betty where someone in her camp realised this isn't a good move for their client but I don't think it was Stan.

I think it just comes down to how you think of George. I just don't think he's so controlling, self-interested or just plain neurotic to worry about what his girlfriend tweets. He really doesn't seem to mind what impact his girlfriends have on his image so that one tweet wouldn't have provoked the action you think it did. That's why I don't think she was made to shut down her twitter account by George. She shut it down because of the Iggy Pop tweet, yes, but not because she was ordered to by George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 17:59

Ok, Katie, we'll agree to disagree on this one. LOL But, if I'm misremembering, then so are you, since everyone's memory is his own.

Casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Oct 2011, 18:03

No need to check our memories, nothing dies in cyberspace! This is what she tweeted:

Translation: “I’m flipping through the new Rolling Stone. Iggy Pop on the cover is the double of Jennifer Aniston.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 02 Oct 2011, 22:44

no i don't agree with u katiedot!!!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:43

Thanks Katie for the truth. I believe that the account has closed the Ely realized after I did a shit! If George and Stan had the obligation to close would not have closed (Ely does not have a submissive character)!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:54

A day in the life of Betty (i.e more shopping this time at Armani). In one of the pictures at the front of the rack, is a jacket with fur trim. She might not be buying the item with fur but she is choosing to financially support a designer who uses fur in his collection. Does that not go against the point of doing the PETA campaign?

I do love that the the pap was physically in the store with her taking her "candids" - tipped off much? How very Leann Rimes of her.

Elisabetta Canalis spotted shopping at Armani Exchange

After getting voted off Dancing with the Stars, Italian beauty Elisabetta Canalis had a little shopping therapy at Armanic Exchange in the Sunset Plaza in Los Angeles. What did George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend buy? Find out below!

Elisabetta’s Armani Exchange purchases included a faux leather mini dress ($98) and a graphic wrap cardigan ($39).

Link to article and pictures

Dress
Graphic print cardigan

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 03 Oct 2011, 12:21

Wow this reminds me off Stacy and her shoe shopping! Maybe Eli thought she wouldn't have to pay. Not exactly plugging her new shop is she? You would think she could have lots of freebies but then they aren't known designers are they.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Mon 03 Oct 2011, 13:22

what is armani exchange?
the fur seems very fake

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next