George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

+52
Merlin
laetval
Katarina
macs
janieb
annemarie
lovelylois
elymania
Dior
adgran
m4rose
Lighterside
Casey
sarah ali
Ello
Atalante
lolo"layla"
hathaross
Pari
noodle
Coco
doris day
MM
lelacorb
anon.4
Henway
playfuldeb
ladydi
pandabear
fluffy
premiere
fava
blubelle
Natascha
maria4
cindigirl
bunny
MyGirlKylie
bellybaby
socimar
watching
Charley
LornaDoone
marina
Dexterdidit
it's me
sisieq
Katiedot
sandwiches
lucy
melbert
pattygirl
56 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by socimar Wed 21 Sep 2011, 18:34

annemarie wrote:I don't see how her saying she wants to stay and be in the finals is arrogant she is just saying what they all want a chance at the finals. She doesn't want to lose and leave America.

The words are not arrogant at all, the way she said them was. She was coming down a staircase and she was talking to Val like she was ordering him to do whatever..but to make her stay because she was not leaving..or that it was his fault for not being on top of the chart. All the other contestants even the ones who did not get the highest votes were very thankful to the the public, their partners and accepted what the judges had to tell them.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by Katiedot Wed 21 Sep 2011, 19:04

socimar wrote:what I was debating is how can you vote for someone if you haven't seen all of the contestants dancing first and then decide who deserves your votes.
Ok, now here you're being naive. This contest does not and never had much to do with who's the best dancer. It's a popularity contest more than anything else and with any luck someone who's a reasonably good dancer will win.

ABC really don't care who wins this show just as long as lots of people watch it so that they can get their advertising revenue. If it's anything like the Uk, they also get money from the phone calls made to their special hotlines charged at however much per minute so they are not in any way going limit who votes or how many times they vote. So let me say it again: they don't care.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 21 Sep 2011, 20:13

socimar wrote:
doris day wrote:socimar i understand that you cannot understand but i was cheating;what pushes you so far against somebody?
do you think that the others did not ask to be voted and did not use the same system?
you want to show that you are a good citizen,you like the spy things...what is it'?

By "cheating" you mean "joking" (scherzare). Cheating is a harsh word that means "truffare, ingannare, barare, frodare".
Yes, others might use the same system but that I believe most of them are americans so they do not need votes from overseas, only Elisabetta (Italy), Val and Maks (Ukraine) and another dancer who is English (I believe).
I believe I am a good citizen, I abide by the law, unlike most Italians I pay my taxes on time, all of them, county, state, federal. I do not spy because DWTS is not a matter of national security and I couldn't care less, it's a game but like in all games "barare" (cheating) is not accepted.

"what pushes me so far against somebody?" I believe you are referring to Elisabetta. This is a site where we can gossip, and say whatever you want want and frankly I do not like her. She is a Diva and Primadonna and even at DWTS when she received low scores she did not accept the critics by the judges lightly. They showed her last night leaving the stage with Val and she was very arrogant and she said "I want to stay here, I am not going home, I want to be here until the finals". Luckily she made it to the next week but a lot of people are upset with her attitude. She was not eliminate because a lot of people voted for Val who is very much liked.

Maybe that is why Eli is paired with Val so that she can ride on Val's coattails of popularity. Well, Eli, let's see how far that arrangement will take you when you have to fly solo in your career.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 21 Sep 2011, 20:23

We're getting into another brouhaha about EC. Is it worth all the animosity that is being handed out? As Katie says this is just a contest. If ABC was really interested in producing a show full of winners, they would pair professionals with professionals and then may the best team win. They enjoy that these "stars" make fools of themselves and get voted off, thereby embarassing them.

I'll see you gals in the other threads, I'm out of here on this one. I'll read it, perhaps on Mon. and Tues. to see how EC fairs, but other than that, it's just watching your collective relationships disintergrate.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Wed 21 Sep 2011, 20:54

It sounds shady but then again what about the other celebrities who have it written in their contract that they stay for so many episodes. That was probably not written in her contract so she had to use what she could. Sounds like it was legal and the show allows it or they would have stopped it.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Wed 21 Sep 2011, 21:57

As far as the voting on DWTS it has always been this way. Last season when Bristol Palin made it over Audrina patridge was a joke, and every week after that she was kept and another couple better than her was let go. People were complaing it was due to her mother and not her talent. I am surprised they didn't redo the rules because they caught a lot of flak from their fans. As far as Eli shoulder she shouldn't have mentioned it. Obviously it is not a problem for her, by looking at the definition in her upper arms, she obviously lifts weights, and has for years. You don't get arms like that doing a pool routine.

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 21 Sep 2011, 22:25

pandabear wrote:As far as the voting on DWTS it has always been this way. Last season when Bristol Palin made it over Audrina patridge was a joke, and every week after that she was kept and another couple better than her was let go. People were complaing it was due to her mother and not her talent. I am surprised they didn't redo the rules because they caught a lot of flak from their fans. As far as Eli shoulder she shouldn't have mentioned it. Obviously it is not a problem for her, by looking at the definition in her upper arms, she obviously lifts weights, and has for years. You don't get arms like that doing a pool routine.

Pandabear you are very smart. I really believed that I was actually watching a competition and I took my role very seriously and sat in front of the TV for 2 hours trying to compare the contestants and be as fair as I could in my voting. I judged and voted as if I was at the Olympics. If this is just "fixed" deal and considering that ABC did not redo their rules I am not going to bother anymore, might as well vote 12 times for each of the contestants, each week a new one, so everybody is happy.

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 22 Sep 2011, 01:27

I agree with you Pandabear. It is a popularity contest anyone expecting the best dancer to win will be sorely disappointed. It's the same over here and it can drive the judges a little crazy. Eli is doing nothing wrong according to the rules international votes are allowed and I'm sure the others are all doing the same sort of thing or would if they had international friends or fans. David Arquette has a very wealthy wife she could vote a lot! I understand what Doris was saying I think there have been a couple of little miscommunications that's all. We need to respect each others opinions and not make generalised comments about everyone on the board eg. the nun comment. Pretty sure that is the last thought anyone would have after reading this board. I think Eli is wanting this too much and is taking it way more seriously then the others like this is her big break and she has to win cause then she will have some great career in the US. Don't know why she thinks that it isn't going to happen with or without the mirrorball. No need to talk about the shoulder it seems it was more for sympathy and a built in excuse as to why she can't do certain things. It doesn't explain her lack of grace or her bad foot moves. HeVal doesn't look the type to put up with too much crap so she should be careful how she speaks to him the judges will call her out if she is being difficult.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 22 Sep 2011, 02:03

Some/most of the pros have been angry over the system though out the seasons due to people getting more popularity votes, than someone more deserving due to improvement,skill, and hard work. Max, and Mark have had their moments for everyone to see. They get their hands slapped by judges and the next night they apologize, are humble and grateful. Most of the pros and stars have excepted it's as much about public votes as judges scores. For me there are seasons that are better than others, I like to watch teams that are more equal in skill, not always but most of the time some team wins that has earned it. It is what it is, if it's produced well you get to see and hear music, singing, and some dancing by pros, last season I enjoyed musical guest and the theme of the season was great entertainment. The voting?? I don't vote, but if my kid was on or one of my dogs, I'd vote as many ways and times I could.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 22 Sep 2011, 04:29

It's all part of the game. They need to generate emotional ups and downs to give what is essentially a straightforward dance show a little more oomph to make people watch it.

During the course of the show many of the contestants will reveal deep-seated issues that they'll have to battle to overcome. Some will be expected to cry on camera. Eli and her shoulder is just the first of many. Usually it's a dead/dying relative but personal injuries work just as well in emotionally manipulating the audience.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 22 Sep 2011, 05:34

Kardashian Sisters Slam Elisabetta Canalis' Dancing With the Stars Performance

Sorry, Elisabetta Canalis: you cannot compete with the Kardashians.

Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian were outraged Tuesday night when George Clooney's Italian ex-girlfriend was safe from elimination, but their brother Rob was in the bottom three on ABC's Dancing with the Stars.

"There is NO way Rob Kardashian was trending worldwide last night and in the bottom 3. Impossible!" Kourtney, 32, tweeted indignantly. "HOW IS ELISABETTA SAFE?!??! HOW?! Seriously!!!" Khloe, 27, agreed with her sister's enraged tweet, adding, "So odd."

On Monday, Canalis, 33, and her pro partner Val Chmerkovskiy had the second lowest scores of the night. Ron "Metta World Peace" Artest and Peta Murgatroyd were the lowest-scorers of the evening. Artest, 31, found himself in the bottom three with Rob on Tuesday, as did Nancy Grace, who like Rob, received higher scores than the Italian model and TV personality the previous night.

Rob's sister Khloe, 27, was outraged her baby brother wasn't guaranteed to make it to the next round. When one fan asked Khloe: "Shouldn't [Elisabetta] be in the bottom 3, [not Rob]?" she replied bluntly: "Shows are rigged all the time."

"This just can't be!" Kim, 30, tweeted. "Rob in the bottom three is impossible! He did soooo good!"

Much to the relief of the "Kardashian mafia," Rob, 24, moved forward to the next round. Artest, however, did not, and was sent home.

"Even though I'm beyond thrilled my brother is SAFE, I'm sad that Ron was first to go," Kourtney said. "He didn't deserve it."

"Honestly, I didn't think any one of those people should have been in the bottom three," Khloe added. "I just can't handle this stuff. I'm so stressed out!"

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lamby Thu 22 Sep 2011, 05:58

@Watching: Isn't that hysterical? Oh those Kardashians. Even if they all disappeared off the face of the Earth they'd still be a blight on our collective consciousness. Anyhoo...

socimar Yesterday at 5:25 pm
"Pandabear you are very smart. I really believed that I was actually watching a competition and I took my role very seriously and sat in front of the TV for 2 hours trying to compare the contestants and be as fair as I could in my voting. I judged and voted as if I was at the Olympics."

@Socimar: You are joking, right? Please tell me you're joking because that's all kinds of freaking hysterical! LMFAO!

lamby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 22 Sep 2011, 06:36

TV Guide

Dancing With the Stars' Elisabetta Canalis Annoyed at Being Linked to Clooney
Sep 21, 2011 10:52 AM ET by Deborah Starr Seibel

She's escaped the model "curse" for now. But many in the ballroom witnessing Tuesday night's first DWTS results show of the season were surprised when Italian host, spokesmodel and actress Elisabetta Canalis escaped elimination.

It wasn't that her dancing was a disaster; the 33-year-old scored 15 out of 30 points Monday night for her cha-cha with pro Val Chmerkovskiy, a point higher than the star who was ultimately sent packing, the L.A. Lakers' Ron Artest, now officially known as Metta World Peace.

But nobody seems to have a clear idea of who Canalis is. She's famous in her native Italy, having spent 12 years on television. But in America, her biggest credit is from 2010 as a recurring character in five episodes of the TNT series Leverage. What really brought her into the spotlight — and gave her a profile high enough to be chosen to dance — was being the girlfriend of the world's most glamorous bachelor, George Clooney. But the two split in June after two years together. And that puts Canalis in a decidedly uncomfortable position.

On Monday night, the video package introducing Canalis to DWTS viewers included a photograph of her and Clooney. Did she mind? "I didn't really like it," says Canalis, visibly uncomfortable with the subject. "But it's okay." Then, she adds, "I didn't know it [was going to be part of my introduction]. That's what I really didn't like."

What does she want American viewers to know about her? "Just that I have fun in my performances on Dancing With the Stars. If this leads to other opportunities for me, I'll be happy."

Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!

Love this from the comments:
ZigZagZoey13 hours ago
Well, maybe the definition of Star for this show is

S truggling
T o
A chieve
R elavance
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 22 Sep 2011, 06:45

Betty getting paid to eat - she is hooked up with a mic pack on her back so they are clearly filming some more of the behind the scenes stuff.

Working up an appetite, Elisabetta? Dancing With The Stars contestant Canalis gets a carb fix after morning rehearsals By Mike Larkin
Last updated at 1:40 AM on 22nd September 2011

And that certainly seemed to be the case for George Clooney's ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis as she took a break from practice for Dancing With The Stars.

She munched on a giant baguette as she took time out from her punishing session with her partner Val Chmerkovskiy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You would not expect to see a classy actress such as Elisabetta, 33, using the a car as a dinner table, but she obviously fancied a bit of fresh air after working up a sweat.

The Italian showed off her svelte body in a navel-showing workout top and baggy black workout trousers during her lunchtime break.

And luckily she wore her hair raked back in a pontytail, as she appeared to be struggling not to spill her sandwich over herself as the filling fell out while she took a bite. Struggling to hold it together: It seems eating a sandwich is proving almost as challenging to the actress as dancing. (Genius - love it.)

Planning a comeback: No doubt they were plotting how they could improve on their woeful performance on this week's show. Later Ukraine-born Val himself made in an appearance, and they were locked in conversation as they discussed the afternoon's training.

Elisabetta has been installed as the early favourite to take this season's title, but her cha-cha was described as 'awful' and she scored a paltry 15 points.

But she still had the last laugh as the even worse as LA Laker Ron Artest got the boot last night after his pathetic version of the dance

Singer Chynna Phillips and actor J.R Martinez have been the best dancers so far, with each scoring 22 points.

No doubt Elisabetta will be putting in plenty of hours over the next week to try and improve her performance.

Link

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 07:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 22 Sep 2011, 08:26

You would think she would want to sit down after all that work not stand up. Oh wait the paps are there what she will do for attention. Where do the others eat? Maybe she is trying to show she does eat because there were several comments on the forum about her being too skinny. I read the Kardashians aren't happy Rob was in the bottom three and she wasn't. They twittered it and are not happy with Elisabetta and are now saying that DWTS is rigged! Just shows that people are over the Kardashians and what has Rob done anyway?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 22 Sep 2011, 09:45

i agree with u dexter why she eat in front of papz until she wanted to show those commenterz " how thin she is and not sexy at all" that she does eat, she's pitiful .

i think the K will fight for their brother , if she speak anything against them they will hurt her but she is more coward with them she can't do what she done with JenAniston .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:45

lolo wrote:i agree with u dexter why she eat in front of papz until she wanted to show those commenterz " how thin she is and not sexy at all" that she does eat, she's pitiful .

i think the K will fight for their brother , if she speak anything against them they will hurt her but she is more coward with them she can't do what she done with JenAniston .

She has been critized in all Italian blogs that she is scary thin, her face has become bony and square, looks anorexic and harsh, she has lost her famous "boobs" and overall her looks ( several people in the blogs think she is still doing cocaine to keep her weight down like when she was at the clubs in Milano, and call her Cocanalis - but I don't believe she would be that stupid). Val himself has told her and in front of a TV reporter (I saw the interview) that she has to eat more while she is in training otherwise she won't have the strength to continue....hence the cheeseburger in front of the paps.

She has often said that she is thin because of her genes. We have all seen her mother who is not very thin (although a very beautiful lady), father and brother a bit chubby. IMHO I think this is an emotional issue that relates way back when she was overweight, with an huge head of frizzy hair and coke bottle glasses. She managed to get thinner and she got to a point that she was really fabulous. Early pictures of her show a svelte girl with some meat on her bones, a beautiful round face, small waist and big boobs. By losing more and more every day (practically) she now looks scary and her face is gaunt and the lines very visible, luckily with lots of makeup she can still be rather pretty. I wish she would eat more cheeseburgers even when the training is over.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:58

Katiedot wrote:It's all part of the game. They need to generate emotional ups and downs to give what is essentially a straightforward dance show a little more oomph to make people watch it.

During the course of the show many of the contestants will reveal deep-seated issues that they'll have to battle to overcome. Some will be expected to cry on camera. Eli and her shoulder is just the first of many. Usually it's a dead/dying relative but personal injuries work just as well in emotionally manipulating the audience.

I don't like this game any more. I think it will be the last time I watch DWTS, too much cheating, not in my blood. Elisabetta has already used the dead relative at SanRemo Music Festival when her grandmother died suddenly and since she bombed at the Festival and was critized she said that her "mind was not on her work" thinking about her grandma. Having said that now we have this new "dislocated rotors on both shoulders" that hurt when she does certain dance routine (she almost gave Val a heart attack). When interviewed after her dance she said that the shoulders dislocations was something she was born with, that eventually she would have to have surgery but not at the moment. The next day at the elimination program she was asked the same thing and this time she said that she did not know if she was born with dislocated shoulders but that her brother has the same thing. Can she get the answer straight in front of the camera? Paps and audience remember what she says and may think she is making it up to manipulate the sudience... if she can't remember something so important. Is it a birth defect (so to speak) or a genetic factor?
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 22 Sep 2011, 13:16

@Katiedot and Pandabear....you took the words right out of my mouth - Bristol Palin....I remember hearing all the flack about her continuing on and I don't even watch the show. Still don't. It's a dancing competition and the best dancer doesn't necessarily win. I don't get it.

@Pattigirl......girl, you crack me up! Isn't this like the third time you said you weren't going to post on this thread cuz you didn't want to talk about her??

I'm really curious to see how she does next week. Now there's even MORE pressure to do well to redeem herself, and with a more challenging dance, and most Americans thinking she stunk.
Last nite I saw a recap of E, and the girl that won the first season of DWTS thought Eli might be the first to go.
I think her weight is going to continue to be a problem to keep on. Besides all the exercise I'm sure the nerves are doing their part too. When I'm super stressed or nervous, the last thing I want to do is eat.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by attila Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:24

il dolore alla spalla e' vero, non e' una trovata pubblicitaria.
vedi foto pubblicate l'anno scorso in una delle ultime registrazioni di LEVA, dove si vede ELI con il braccio fasciato da un tutore, uscire dagli studi di registrazione con gli altri attori
Le foto sono state pubblicate anche in questo sito, ma non riesco pui' a trovarle: forse Katy si ricorda.
ps: chiedo l'aiuto di Socimar per la traduzione, scusate per l'italiano, ma il mio inglese scritto e' pessimo.
Ciao a tutti

attila
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 22 Sep 2011, 15:22

What have these Kardashins done???? THEY ARE REALITY STARS. Oh yeah, Kim is a socialite, what a joke. They definitly think highly of themselves. I forget who asked What has their brother done, smart question. A better one, what have the three sisters done?

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 22 Sep 2011, 15:26

bellybaby wrote:@Pattigirl......girl, you crack me up! Isn't this like the third time you said you weren't going to post on this thread cuz you didn't want to talk about her??

Yeah, I know Katie. Each time I do, I sort of kick myself for doing it. Actually,if you notice, I get involved when things start to get chaotic. Maybe I just like chaos. You have no idea how many times I literally bite my tongue before I do write. Maybe I should just not read the thread at all, huh.

Anybody know what attila said? Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 22 Sep 2011, 15:30

I don't know exactly what attila said. I gave up on my Italian language lessons when G broke up with Eli. Thought it wasn't necsessary anymore. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 15:35

Attila is this photo?

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by attila Thu 22 Sep 2011, 15:49

yes lelacorb - grazie mille!!!!!!!!!!!!

attila
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 22 Sep 2011, 17:14

Thanks to Google Translate and my working knowledge of Italian, here is the translation of attila's original Italian message.

The pain in the shoulder is real, and not a publicity stunt.

Looking at the photos published last year in one of the recent issues of LEVA, you will see ELI with (her arm in an ACE bandage) in a sling, and leaving the studio (set) with the other actors.

The photos were also published on this site, but I can no longer find them, maybe you know where they are, Katie(dot)

PS: I am asking for Socimar's help for the translation. Sorry for the Italian, but my written English is bad.

Hello to everyone.

Last edited by MM on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 17:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re-translation)
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 22 Sep 2011, 17:22

pandabear wrote:What have these Kardashins done???? THEY ARE REALITY STARS. Oh yeah, Kim is a socialite, what a joke. They definitly think highly of themselves. I forget who asked What has their brother done, smart question. A better one, what have the three sisters done?

Is his claim to fame a sex tape too? LoL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 22 Sep 2011, 17:34

@Mygirl - hahahaha

Hi MM - Eli, poor soul. Bow legs and dislocated shoulders. What kind of DNA does she have? Maybe that's why she's smouting all the time. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 18:39

attila wrote:il dolore alla spalla e' vero, non e' una trovata pubblicitaria.
vedi foto pubblicate l'anno scorso in una delle ultime registrazioni di LEVA, dove si vede ELI con il braccio fasciato da un tutore, uscire dagli studi di registrazione con gli altri attori
Le foto sono state pubblicate anche in questo sito, ma non riesco pui' a trovarle: forse Katy si ricorda.
ps: chiedo l'aiuto di Socimar per la traduzione, scusate per l'italiano, ma il mio inglese scritto e' pessimo.
Ciao a tutti

Translation at the request of attila.
The shoulder pain is real, it is not a publicity stunt.
See some pics published in one of the last LEVA registrations where you can see ELI with her shoulder bandaged by a supervisor leaving the registration room with the other actors.
The pics were also published in this website but I cannot find them anymore: maybe Katy might remember.
ps: I am requesting Socimar to translate my Italian message (sorry about that) but my English is terrible.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 18:53

In the picture above leaving the set of Leverage she is wearing a sling on the left arm, last night they showed Val and Eli trying a dance step and she hurt her right arm (Val was holding her arm while she had to turn around). If she has so many problems with her shoulder rotors, both right and left, why accept DWTS that involves 13 dances and some require aerobic exercises of the whole body, including the shoulders?

I never denied that she didn’t have problems with her shoulders but when she was asked if it was due to dancing she said no that she was born that way but the next day she said that she was not born that way but that her brother also has it. It is the inconsistence that I brought up, not the pain, which by the way I can relate to since I also had it but luckily it went away after 2 shots of cortisone (3 months apart).
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 21:12

SOCIM, who took part in DWTS hasn't a future as a dancer, just look for popularity. I do not believe that none of the participants think of dancing in the future but only to be famous .In Italy do the same program, but then no one has a future as a dancer but can do other television programs
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 22 Sep 2011, 21:13

BUT that PIC was made for the role she was like kidnapped in that tv series that's not for real !!!!!!! ???????????

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 22 Sep 2011, 21:58

lolo wrote:BUT that PIC was made for the role she was like kidnapped in that tv series that's not for real !!!!!!! ???????????

Are you sure that the arm-in-the-sling is only for her role in "Leverage?" I would like to know the truth
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 22 Sep 2011, 22:01

i am so much sure MM !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 22:17

More pictures of Eli with the arm sling during the season finale of Leverage (see link below). According to the text, it looks like it was part of the role:

Leverage fans, you are without a doubt a very patient bunch. You’ve been without new episodes since September, and that’s not a hiatus to be taken lightly. Luckily, your virtue will be rewarded with three new episodes starting Dec. 12 (as if the date wasn’t already circled in your calendars with hearts and tiny fists drawn around it). I could leave you stewing in your anticipation until then, but I will show you mercy in the form of three sneak peeks at the finale, which will feature the return of the The Italian, played by Elisabetta Canalis (that’s “George Clooney’s girlfriend,” to you and me), and an appearance from ER alum Goran Viscnijc.
In the two-part finale (airing Dec. 19 at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. ET), the team will find themselves closer than ever to nabbing ruthless international man of crime Damien Moreau (Visnijc), but as you might have guessed, all doesn’t go as planned. And judging by The Italian’s arm sling, she gets a good (likely well-deserved) ass kicking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by socimar on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 22:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and added info)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 23 Sep 2011, 00:53

I'm sorry but when she first started dated George, we learnt from the Italian info that one of her workout activities was kickboxing. How can you be involved in kickboxing if you have a long term issue like this that just pops out whenever? Kickboxing does not just use the legs - it is a whole body workout. How was this shoulder injury not an issue when she was in the gym punching and training then?

Also she "loves horses and rides as much as she can". If she had an ongoing shoulder issue, she would be directed not to ride as there is n o guarantee that she could control the horse if it spoooked as she may further injure herself whilst pulling on the reins trying to control the horse.

And considering the size of the handbags she carries and the amount of crap in them, I doubt she has any issues with putting undue pressure on her shoulders. Sorry, not buying it. Just another excuse.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 23 Sep 2011, 01:08

Well at least she continues to get press

The downgrading of sovereign debt by Elisabetta Canalis Explained
Benji Styler On September - 20-2011

In the absence of words to explain the poor short-term debt and long-term - for weeks on which the Italian newspapers were the subject title as the most chewed from the mouths of Italians - it is perhaps appropriate to rely on one of the parables of the most impressive recent country's history: the international reputation of Elisabetta Canalis.

The tissue-to conquer the world, where you can find online a glowing biography full of stars and full of stripes, stands so clear symbol of the times of crisis, the market confusion, uncertainty of the present.

Mornings are difficult for financial markets, who wake up with red numbers and information on feral bonds. The spread BTP / Bund, first of all, is nothing but the gap in yield between Treasury bills issued by the Italian State Deferred and their German equivalent. In fact, an investor is offered a different performance in the event that bonds are attrac Italic or other flag, depending on the level of risk that the issuer, for some reason, you do not pay at maturity. The market perceives the German bund as safer, regardless of the actual solvency at the end, so that the state is forced to increase the coupons to get people to invest their money on Italy. A little 'as Elisabetta Canalis and George Clooney break up, the international audience realizes that Clooney is more reliable in the long run, the Ides of March seems like a good movie, and while he refers to the sender any questions about the separation of our lady gentrification feels compelled to share their pain on a handful of covers not indifferent, but then complain about the media's exploitation of his pain.

But why the markets do not trust the financial strength of the Italian and German? Because, among other data that take into account to get an idea on the economic condition of a country, very important is the ratio of government debt to gross domestic product, where the GDP is used as a benchmark for assessing the national resources which will draw the State to pave the debt. And here's GDP has not grown much lately, while public debt has risen so much in absolute time. At a time when the growth rate of GDP does not repay the interest rate of treasury bills, they emit a new, more risky, which will go to repay old ones in a spiral towards the abyss of difficulty. A little 'as Elisabetta Canalis, who over the years has never excelled in intellectual product before and is now to face media exposure, which requires to be repaid artistic resources, mental and physical traits that seem to be missing.

The ultimate risk - what is running in Greece, so to speak - is the default, insolvency against creditors, with devastating consequences on the national banking system and international and with uncertain prospects in terms of international litigation and major economic restructuring. A little 'as Elisabetta Canalis be eliminated at the first episode of Dancing With The Stars and be forced to return to Italy with his tail between his legs, refusing to cover Arab and paparazzi California.

In the financial world, then there are the ratings agencies such as Standard & Poor's and Moody's, whose activities include monitoring the financial solvency of the various public and private entities whose securities are available on the market. After months of careful analysis and close observation, Standard & Poor's released a statement, just before the onset of Elisabetta Canalis on the dance floor, confirming the downgrading of sovereign debt in both the short and long term, thus sanctioning the formally more uncertainty of investments in government bonds tricolor than foreign securities. Judging is based on low prospects for economic growth and political fragility useful in implementing reforms. In the coming weeks is expected a response from Moody's, after official notes that already cited sources of concern among macroeconomic weakness common among the European countries, the heavy debt and the structural difficulties of the Italian economy, characterized by low productivity and excessive rigidities in the labor market. A little 'as if Elisabetta Canalis was targeted by U.S. magazines for the heavy debt burden and structural limitations of training in English in interaction with American journalists. In fact, there are also findings that show zero growth prospects and a certain fragility in the social.

Usually, the rating cuts to the political class and the small Italian commentators respond by accusing the financial companies or the media speculation of doom. A little 'as if Elisabetta Canalis respond to criticism with "all envy you."

Little seems to have served the response to pressure from the Italian government: apparently not reassured the markets, the fiscal package of 54 billion euros, made cuts to central budget and local authorities, limited adjustments to the pension system, solidarity tax taxpayers with incomes over 300,000 euros, VAT at 21% and mythical balanced budget in the Constitution. Measures, such that even if they were going to affect the public debt would have an effect on GDP void if not depression - you remember that detail of the GDP as a parameter? -. A little 'as if Elisabetta Canalis had set up an entourage of minds to study how to persuade the international market to focus on her, if it were coming out with artistic nudes, photoshoppate and television appearances, when perhaps the only long-term solution would be the elimination of provincialism and a serious restructuring of its arts education.

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 23 Sep 2011, 01:18

Also that swim boot camp she talked about does use the arms a lot. So I'm not buying it. The arm in the sling was for her role in Leverage she got shot in the last episode that is all it was. With arms like hers I don't buy she has bad shoulders routine. Those arms are tight clearly she uses weights. Also she spends a lot of time swimming in the ocean you need a lot of arm stregnth to do that unless she doesn't mind the thought of possibly drowning. I think it's an excuse on the ready for when she sucks. I asked the question about Rob. His sisters from what I understand have gained their popularity through Kim's sex tape and their big butts and a mother who is willing to sell herself and them for whatever pays the most. Rob just seems to be along for the ride! I don't think he can rely on his sisters fan base and was stupid for thinking so.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 23 Sep 2011, 01:21

Well Betty is still getting out and about in LA. Write up from recent outing in LA - don't know when as pap shots are not familiar (or they didn't sell). Maybe she should be a bit more focused on the dancing instead of partying. (Yes making assuming she is partying but as has been twittering clubbing shots and considering the shortness of the strapless little black dress and the heels, I'm pretty sure she isn't going to feed the homeless at a food shelter)

Elisabetta Canalis Shows Her Legs Off In A Jaguar
September 22nd, 2011 | Posted by Celebrity Cars

Elisabetta Canalis, current DWTS contestant and former girlfriend of George Clooney, was spotted stepping out of a Jaguar recently while showing off her dancing legs.

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 23 Sep 2011, 01:38

Looks like another night out. I thought training so much would tire her out. Maybe if she stays home a little and rests she will train better. She sure has gone more hoochy that dress leaves little to the imagination! Looks kind of awkward getting out of the car too. LOL

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 07:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 23 Sep 2011, 03:49

OK dammit! I've been reading for over an hour (I was MIA last night so I had to catch up) and just STOP IT everyone. Time to make nice!! I love you all and I cannot stand this bickering!!!! She is so NOT worth it!!!!!!

Now, the voting as I understand it. Initially I was a little off put that she was drumming up votes from afar. Apparently it is legal. As far as asking for all the votes your friends and family cast be for you - well, duh, of course. If you're running a race for charity and calling on your friends and family to sponsor you to donate to the charity, you don't want them giving money to other runners. See my point. Everyone on there is asking their own friends, family and fans to vote for them. So, you don't HAVE to watch the whole show, or watch it at all, when you know you're going to use your votes for your "star" or "pro".

Each week, you are allowed to vote up to the amount of people remaining. First week, 12 votes; 2nd week, 11 votes; 3rd week, 10 votes, etc. My understanding is that you can vote 12 times on your phone, 12 times by text and 12 times by going online. Next week - 11 each; following week - 10 each. I don't watch American Idol, but I believe their voting system is similar. One part I am having a problem with is them telling you to "make up" accounts so you have even more votes. That's kind of like lying and I DO NOT endorse that at all.

That's all I got...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Fri 23 Sep 2011, 04:12

i've quite honestly not read anything about betty since the split but saw the last post on this thread and.....

are people actually arguing about this woman? why?

Ii'll try to read more tomorrow but to be frank she hasn't talent, intell;igence not even a decent body except for being very thin.....imho she's not worth anyones time i honestly wish her luck and hope she manages her money better than most do because she'll need it.....)

one last.

my mom had an expression

"some women think their a$$ is a gold mine"

not sayin' thats betty but wanted to say that anyway.

(geesh i hope this made sense)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 23 Sep 2011, 04:15

Thanks Melbert for the run down, looks like we missed all the debate!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 23 Sep 2011, 04:20

Made sense to me iamnoone, my daughter has a friend who thinks she is hot because men hit on her at bars!! Men hit on all women, and have since they discovered sex! Some women think their ass is a gold mine!!!!!!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Fri 23 Sep 2011, 05:05

Elisabetta and her dancing partner are going to be on Ellen tomorrow.

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 23 Sep 2011, 05:17

can any body make some notes about that article i don't get it !!!!!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:11

Betty on Ellen - that's pretty standard right? I am sure in past years, the celebs and the partners come on, have a quick chat then do a little dance rountine for the audience. Unless they are rehashing what they did the other night, Betty has had to learn two routines this week. Considering her previous dance, I doubt this will work in her favour. She had weeks to prepare for the first night of dancing and look how that turned out. Now she has to get two down in a week - both to be performed before a live audience.

Also on Ellen as the headline guest - Jamie Foxx. Wanna bet she tries her best there??
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:00

hey I was pretty harsh on poor eli up there sorry all!

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:40

Maybe the pairs take turns trying to drum up votes and it's Bette's turn. I know whoever get's voted off goes around doing a lot of press afterwards. Should be interesting next week. Eli had more then enough trouble with one so two could be really bad or she may get the nerves out the first one and do really well in the second! Ellen loves George and I bet she can't help but say something about him.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 23 Sep 2011, 13:29

lolo wrote:can any body make some notes about that article i don't get it !!!!!

I'm with you, lolo! ....but, if I'm getting it right, the article is equating the sorry state of the banking system in Italy with the sorry state that is Elisabetta Canalis affraid

@Pattigirl! Please keep coming back! God knows this girl is frustrating, but I love your posts!!

As far as the Kardashians are concerned, I think they're a little preturbed that THEIR brother didn't get that many votes! I'm thinking that they're gonna be tweeting for votes for their little bro big time next week!! Oh, and skipping through the channels, Keeping Up with the Kardashians was on, and Rob was calling Kim a lady of negotiable affection, she called him a dick, and he called her a lady of negotiable affection again......really, really, niiiice.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next