George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

+52
Merlin
laetval
Katarina
macs
janieb
annemarie
lovelylois
elymania
Dior
adgran
m4rose
Lighterside
Casey
sarah ali
Ello
Atalante
lolo"layla"
hathaross
Pari
noodle
Coco
doris day
MM
lelacorb
anon.4
Henway
playfuldeb
ladydi
pandabear
fluffy
premiere
fava
blubelle
Natascha
maria4
cindigirl
bunny
MyGirlKylie
bellybaby
socimar
watching
Charley
LornaDoone
marina
Dexterdidit
it's me
sisieq
Katiedot
sandwiches
lucy
melbert
pattygirl
56 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by sisieq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 22:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Elisabetta Canalis speaks: “I’m looking for men who can give me security”

Elisabetta Canalis speaks! She spoken before, of course, but the last time she gave any kind of extensive interview, it was the now infamous one where she talked about how she wanted to get married, and soon after, Clooney dumped her. Since the dumping, Elisabetta’s family have spoken, as have many of Clooney’s friends. This is the first time we hear how Eli has been doing - and it sounds like she still wants Clooney back:

George Clooney has moved on — to Stacey Kiebler. And his ex Elisabetta Canalis has also moved on — to Los Angeles and Dancing with the Stars!

Three months after she and Clooney, 50, confirmed their split, the Italian model and TV personality opened up about the end of their two-year romance and its aftermath.

“At the end of the day I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure,” Canalis, 32, tells Italian magazine Chi. “There is nothing ever pretty [in] saying goodbye.”

Multiple pals told Us that Canalis was eager to take her relationship with Clooney to the next level — i.e. marriage — but the Ides of March actor and notorious bachelor balked. (His new romance with Kiebler, 31 — another DWTS alum! — is also going strong, pals told Us.)

Canalis hinted at her side of the story in her freewheeling chat with Chi.

“I’m a bit of a tomboy, but when it comes to love I am a doormat,” she said. “I’m looking for men who can give me security.”

The beauty added that she might have bad, unhealthy taste in guys. “I have always seen cold and controlled men as the right ones for me,” she sniffed. “You have to accept that Prince Charming who is coming to save you is not going to happen — it works against you.”

Her Dancing with the Stars gig, it seems, arrived at just the right time.

“The end of a relationship is complicated,” she admitted. “I went to the United States, because at the moment I could no longer face the world. Watching my life being dissected was not easy for me.”

She’s surprisingly discovered peace in Hollywood, though. “Here in Los Angeles I have found serenity. I’ve also found work. It was a difficult time for me, but you have to get on with things.”

And Canalis is hopeful about future romantic prospects, too. “In the past I would self destruct when it came to love - I was immature, throwing myself into things but now times have changed, I want a relationship where you understand the other person.”

[From Us Weekly]

There’s so much! “I’m looking for men who can give me security” = I go with the richest guy I can find. “I have always seen cold and controlled men as the right ones for me” = Clooney is cold and controlled, and Eli thought she could change him with love and a great bum, but he still remained “cold”. “The end of a relationship is complicated. I went to the United States, because at the moment I could no longer face the world. Watching my life being dissected was not easy for me” = ???WTF??? Granted, I’ve personally had a lot of fun making fun of Eli and her cocaine and prostitution scandals, and my theories on why and how Clooney dumped her. But Elisabetta could very easily exist anywhere in the world (maybe not Italy, but that’s it) without being bothered in the slightest. She’s not some jet-setting internationally known celebrity, hounded by the press 24-7. She’s just a chick who “dated” a celebrity for a while.

By the way, In Touch has an absolutely hilarious story about “the real reason” Eli is doing Dancing With the Stars. Apparently, “George Clooney is a die-hard fan of the show, rarely missing an episode, so Elisabetta agreed to compete, hoping to make George jealous and win him back.” Oh, it gets better! A source says: “She even told the wardrobe department to create the sexiest and most provocative outfit’s the censors will allow since she knows George will be tuning in!” Oh, girl.

Here are some photos of Eli leaving Mr. Chow last night. Clooney used to take her to MR. Chow. I really think Eli would love to get back with him

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by sarah ali Thu 08 Sep 2011, 23:01

sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 23:06

I'm beginning to think this is a PR "war" between EC and SK. LOL!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 23:07

Are you cold and controlling?

By the time you read this, George Clooney will have arrived in Toronto for TIFF. The Ides of March will gala at Roy Thompson Hall tomorrow night. As you can see, George covers the new issue of Hello! Canada, the magazine’s 5th anniversary edition, with fresh exclusive photos of George with his new piece Stacy Keibler. Hugging. Proving they’re something. Just in time. In very good time. After all, we are campaigning now.

While George and Stacy are getting closer and working out their publicity strategy, his ex, the former Italian Queen Elisabetta Canalis is busy working on her publicity strategy too, now a competitor on Dancing With The Sh-ts. And supposedly the favourite to win.

Her???

WHY would America vote for Elisabetta Canalis comma George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend? She’s already had George Clooney. In their eyes, she couldn’t want for anything else.

Still, she’s trying. And she’s talking. And while she isn’t exactly calling him out by name, she is making some very definitive statements about her relationship. In a new interview with Italian magazine Chi, Elisabetta discusses the breakup:

"At the end of the day I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure. There is nothing ever pretty (in) saying goodbye. I'm a bit of a tomboy, but when it comes to love I am a doormat. I'm looking for men who can give me security. I have always seen cold and controlled men as the right ones for me. You have to accept that Prince Charming who is coming to save you is not going to happen -- it works against you." (Source)

Lorella, what’s the Italian word for “doormat”? Just curious because this would have been a translation. And I want to know if the word was applied properly. Did she really call herself a doormat? And therefore imply that George stepped all over her? With a $10 million goodbye f-ck off? Everyone goes into it thinking they can be The One. And they all come out of it realising that, for him, there will never be just One. Unless of course you can be satisfied with Everything But. And in this case, Everything But doesn’t mean what kids are doing in Grade 9.

There are very, very clear conditions for being George’s Official Date. There are expectations. And one of those expectations is that you have no expectations. You are available when called upon. You provide a variety of services to satisfy a variety of, um, varied proclivities. You must respect confidentiality. You will be compensated handsomely. There will be no wedding. There will be no children. And as soon as you start pushing for that you are fired.

Why are we so programmed to think we can change them?

Or is he the one who is unfair? After all, he must love them. He must tell them so. And lead them to believe it. And when there’s love involved, can you blame them, can you blame her for assuming that might lead to MORE?

MORE is the problem. Was she emotionally greedy? Or is he is the king of emotional deprivation?

The new issue of Hello! Canada is on stands now.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 23:39

watching wrote:So four months ago she was having her fairytale continue due to her man and now he is cold and controlling? Maybe she wouldn't look like such a fool if shehadn't given an interview every month of so when they were together saying how wonderful it all was. Cold and controlling was not how she painted the relationship. Didn't she say American men were more comfortable and open with emotions - i.e say I love you earlier than Italians? Wasn't he so supportive of her career choces? Wasn't he so great and they were so in loove that she put him before her career for the first time in her life because they did not want to be apart? Wasn't he better than plastic surgery? That she had never been so spoit and pampered? Feels 18 again?
Yeah Right Lies Superdupercool LOL!

It's cracking me up. Lainey has called it, Kaiser has called it. Ted is silent ( and TMZ has not shown Stacy's assets yet). When the breaking-new photos surfaced I called the whole shenanigans/pr stunt/staged photos (released on purpose, etc), you know the drill... and everybody said to calm down, to not rush into conclusions, etc. Seriously, i don't follow the IMDB nutcases you comment about (I've read their cray cray theories on justjared and backed out slowly), but seriously...this was way way way too obvious. I am just sitting down and enjoying it. I do not intend to upset anyone, but this one even someone with vision impairment could see miles away...

ps: Oh, Mr. Clooney!! It happens LOL!

Last edited by LouisLane on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:08; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 23:48

Marina, an article in Brazil? Wow! it might be because there is a large Italian community there (GC connection, of course!).

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:02

and everybody said to calm down, to not rush into conclusions, etc.
LOL, well not all of us did. tongue Some of us even thought it could have been Camp Stacy who did this. Cool

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:05

sisieq wrote:
and everybody said to calm down, to not rush into conclusions, etc.
LOL, well not all of us did. tongue Some of us even thought it could have been Camp Stacy who did this. Cool
Yeah Right Surrender Sorry Sisieq! You, casey and others called this out too!

George, please focus on your work. He did so well in the festivals. Cut cray cray out of the picture. I am sure you can find another bimbo who wil remain quiet for a while.

Last edited by LouisLane on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:34

[quote/ Lorella, what’s the Italian word for “doormat”? Just curious because this would have been a translation. And I want to know if the word was applied properly. Did she really call herself a doormat? And therefore imply that George stepped all over her? With a $10 million goodbye f-ck off? Everyone goes into it thinking they can be The One. And they all come out of it realising that, for him, there will never be just One. Unless of course you can be satisfied with Everything But. And in this case, Everything But doesn’t mean what kids are doing in Grade 9.

[/quote]

I am not Lorella but the Italian word for doormat is "zerbino" and it is indeed that she said to Alfonso Signorini in her interview in "CHI" magazine.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:45

Ouch.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 09 Sep 2011, 01:51

socimar wrote:
I am not Lorella but the Italian word for doormat is "zerbino" and it is indeed that she said to Alfonso Signorini in her interview in "CHI" magazine.
Thanks so much! What about the translation for cold and calculating. Did they use the correct English words? Thanks!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 09 Sep 2011, 02:02

LOL, how is she going to find any rich, big shot to hook up with if she gives these types of interviews. Everyone at the top has enemies as I'm sure George does, but I bet he has more friends and (I'm only guessing) Hollywood will stick up for him.

Hey, Val, client has already put her foot in her mouth. Oh, BTW, client did another flip-flop. What the h*ll happened to the "independent woman", "pays her own way", ect., now she's a doormat. ROTFLOL!!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 09 Sep 2011, 03:02

sisieq wrote:
socimar wrote:
Thanks so much! What about the translation for cold and calculating. Did they use the correct English words? Thanks!

I don't think so because I did not see these words in Italian. Here is the translation, English first, Italian to follow of Elisabetta's interview. It was a fast translation and I tried to be literally as close as I could to the original version:

ENGLISH

Canalis and her story with Clooney: They have dissected my suffering.
The showgirl speaks for the first time after the end of her relationship with Clooney: “ I had to flee Italy. I am clinging to my work”.

MILANO – what forced to leave Italy suddenly? Very simple, to end a love story is complicated, to try to ignore the pain is wrong, because it is something that touches you very deeply. I could not face the world at that particular moment, I am only human. To see my suffering being dissected for me wasn’t easy. Here is Los Angeles I have found peace and serenity. I arrived at a very difficult time for me but I knew I had to react. So starts the interview of Elisabetta Canalis in “CHI”, the weekly magazine directed by Alfonso Signorini, which will be on sale Wednesday.

THE INTERVIEW:
The showgirl, currently in the US busy rehearsing for “Dancing with the stars” speaks for the first time, about the end of her story with Clooney. I don’t think that anyone is ever ready to end a relationship – she says – I have always lived the end of my relationships as a personal failure. There is nothing ever pretty in saying goodbye no matter who is saying it. I have received a lot from life and when I lose something I always find a reason to go on. Maybe is a fault of mine to end it all and rely only on myself, to jump on all sorts of activities as to separate myself from all affections and emotions. Work is the only thing that Io can hold on to.

“DOORMAT IN LOVE” - I'm a bit of a tomboy, but when it comes to love I am a doormat. My aggressivity is only superficial because in reality what I'm looking for are men who can give me security because my only strength is my independence, for the rest I am a real mess. I have always looked for men who can give such security, men with a strong personality. It was wrong because very often you have to accept that Prince Charming who is coming to save you is not going to happen -- it works against you. Even men have the same insecurities as women and yet they have to show that they are strong but sometimes it does not work for them. The reason being that they are as fragile as we are. In the past I would self-destruct when it came to love. For me is a constant task to fill the car with suitcases, dogs, computer and drive away. At the end it is even rewarding because you take charge of your own life again. But then it is hard to start again, let a new person enter in your life. One thing is for sure, in the last few years I have changed, I have become more demanding, I want a relationship where you understand the other person."

ITALIAN

MILANO - «Cosa mi ha spinto ad andare via dall'Italia di punto in bianco? Semplice, chiudere una storia è complicato, cercare di ignorare il dolore è sbagliato, perchè è una cosa che poi va a toccarti sempre più in profondità. E io non volevo più affrontare il mondo in quel momento, sono umana anch'io. Vedere vivisezionata la mia sofferenza per me non era facile. E, qui a Los Angeles, ho trovato serenità. Ci sono arrivata in un momento difficile per me, ma bisognava reagire». Così inizia la lunga intervista di Elisabetta Canalis in esclusiva mondiale a «Chi», il settimanale diretto da Alfonso Signorini, in edicola mercoledì.

L'INTERVISTA - La showgirl, impegnata in Usa in «Dancing with the stars», parla, per la prima volta, della fine della storia con Clooney. «Non credo si sia mai pronti alla fine di una relazione - aggiunge - ho sempre vissuto la conclusione delle mie storie più importanti come una sorta di fallimento sul piano personale. Non c'è mai niente di bello nel dirsi addio, da qualsiasi parte la decisione venga presa». «Dalla vita ho avuto tanto e, quando perdo qualcosa, trovo sempre una buona ragione per andare avanti. Magari è un mio difetto quello di troncare tutto e contare solo su me stessa, buttarmi sui miei impegni per estraniarmi dagli affetti, dalle emozioni. Ma il lavoro è l'unica cosa a cui ti possa aggrappare».

«ZERBINO IN AMORE» - «Faccio il maschiaccio, ma poi in amore sono uno zerbino. La mia aggressività è solo superficiale, in realtà cerco uomini molto sicuri perchè io di forte ho solo l'indipendenza, per il resto sono un casino». racconta ancora la showgirl «Ho sempre cercato uomini sicuri, con una personalità forte. Sbagliando, perchè tante volte bisogna accettare il fatto che l'idea del principe azzurro che viene a salvarti è fuorviante. Ti si ritorce contro. Anche gli uomini hanno le stesse insicurezze delle donne e devono rivestire un ruolo forte che, a volte, non riescono a ricoprire. Perchè sono fragili quanto noi». «In passato sono stata autodistruttiva in amore. Per me è una costante riempire la macchina con le valigie, i cani, il computer e andare via. Alla fine è anche divertente perchè riprendi in mano la tua vita. Ma poi è difficile ricominciare, far entrare una persona nuova nella tua vita. Di certo negli ultimi anni sono cambiata, sono diventata più esigente, voglio avere situazioni dove ci si capisca bene l'un l'altro».

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by marina Fri 09 Sep 2011, 04:51

She was at the frontpage at the online and print ediction with the headlines:
George Clooney ex girlfriend says she had a bad taste for men
It's the same it was posted here about the Chi interview, but the doormat word, when you translate to portuguese, means capacho and this word capacho is frequently used in Brasil and Portugal to describe a situation when you were humiliated.
Women used to say: he used me/treated me as I was a capacho; I'm not his capacho and more.
last week our President used the word capacho when a mag was questioning her political capacity as a woman.
The way the newspaper translated the interview gave a sweet touch on Elisabetta as a woman who wants to be loved and suffers for love.
The readers comments in general are nice with her, saying that she needs to find a real man not an actor. That an actor was playing with her as he playing on the screen; others saying that Clooney is an egomanic, a selfish man.
Most of them are thinking that she was an inteligent and independent woman who picked the wrong guy.
My favorites comments are:
1- Find a man to love not to parade him
2- Forget the prince find and find a frog
But in general women comments are supporting her and men ( bleeh!) saying she is beautiful
Ex de George Clooney diz que tem mau gosto para homens
08/09/2011 - 15h11
Publicidade

DE SÃO PAULO
Elisabetta Canalis, 32, falou pela primeira vez sobre o fim do namoro com George Clooney, 50.
"Sempre achei que homens frios e controladores eram o certo para mim", contou à revista "Chi". "Tenho que aceitar que o príncipe encantado que vai te salvar não existe --e a ideia de que ele existe pode até atrapalhar."
"No passado, eu fui autodestrutiva nas minhas relações amorosas", revelou. "Eu era imatura, me jogava de cabeça nas coisas, mas agora as coisas mudaram. Quero um relacionamento em que eu possa entender a outra pessoa."
Três meses após anunciar o fim do relacionamento, ela diz que se sente culpada por não ter conseguido segurar um dos homens mais cobiçados do mundo.
"O fim de uma relação é complicado", afirma. "No final das contas, eu sempre vi o final dos meus relacionamentos como um fracasso pessoal."
"Sou um pouco moleca, mas no amor eu sou um capacho", afirmou. "Procuro um homem que possa me dar segurança."
Canalis também revelou porque se mudou para os Estados Unidos após o rompimento.
"Assistir a minha vida sendo dissecada não foi fácil para mim", disse. "Aqui em Los Angeles eu encontrei serenidade e trabalho. Foi um período difícil para mim, mas temos que seguir em frente."

Tradutor
The Italian actress and presenter, who stayed for two years with the actor, said to have a questionable taste in relation to men.
"I always thought men were cold and drivers are right for me," he told the magazine "Chi". "I have to accept that the prince who will save you there - and the idea that there may even disrupt it."
"In the past, I was in my self-destructive love affair," he said. "I was immature, threw me headlong into things, but things have changed now. I want a relationship in which I can understand the other person."
Three months after announcing the end of the relationship, she says she feels guilty for failing to hold one of the most wanted men in the world.
"The end of a relationship is complicated," he says. "In the end, I always saw the end of my relationships as a personal failure."
"I'm a little tomboy, but I'm in love a doormat," he said. "Looking for a man who can give me security."
Canalis also revealed why he moved to the United States after the breakup.
"Watching my life being dissected was not easy for me," he said. "Here in Los Angeles I found serenity and work. It was a difficult period for me, but we have to move on."
Oh yes, there's a big picture
Link to the article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 09 Sep 2011, 07:14

Wow they really haven't followed her have they? Cause George is one of a very long line of men she has been a doormat for. Guess Eli just doesn't learn. They must not have read all the previous interviews either as someone else pointed out where the love story was a fairytale and George Prince and she had never been so loved! Someone should call her out about that. She knows George isn't going to talk about it and defend herself she could have just said nothing and shown some class. But then we are talking about Eli here, she wouldn't know class if it hit her in the head. After all George did for her and she got a lot out of it. As for her fleeing to the States, not before she paraded around Rome in short, leather shorts, went to a couple of fashion shows and had a holiday with an ex and some friends. Yep she just picked up fled to her exes hometown! Cause that makes so much sense.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 Sep 2011, 07:16

socimar wrote:
sisieq wrote:
socimar wrote:

I don't think so because I did not see these words in Italian. Here is the translation, English first, Italian to follow of Elisabetta's interview. It was a fast translation and I tried to be literally as close as I could to the original version
Thanks so much for the translations. If 'cold and calculating' isn't implied in the original Italian, I wonder how they came into the english reports of the article?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 09 Sep 2011, 07:47

Dexterdidit wrote: As for her fleeing to the States, not before she paraded around Rome in short, leather shorts, went to a couple of fashion shows and had a holiday with an ex and some friends. Yep she just picked up fled to her exes hometown! Cause that makes so much sense.

great point Thumbs up!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 09 Sep 2011, 08:53

After this interview, I really want to see Stacy in Toronto.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:42

Katiedot wrote:
Thanks so much for the translations. If 'cold and calculating' isn't implied in the original Italian, I wonder how they came into the english reports of the article?

I would like to know myself because these words are not in the text of the interview in Italian and I read a few of them online to make sure that what I was translating was the "whole" interview. Did anybody out there found a "longer" version of the interview where she is saying more than what I just translated?
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:58

I found it. In the CHI magazine that is now online (see link below). On page 34, before the Prince Charming line she says “Ho sempre previsto l’uomo freddo e controllato come un possible uomo per me” – I have always considered the cold and controlling man as the right man for me.

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 09 Sep 2011, 14:19

Since we now have the scanned magazine online, there are a couple of pieces of gossip worth mentioning but that has nothing to do with the Canalis-Clooney story per se but that Canalis said during the interview.

First of all the interview took place at Elisabetta’s condo in LA – pics on pages 34 and 35 show the interior of her condo and her “studying” English (lovely views).

1. DWTS had previously asked to dance for them (she was still with George at that time) but ended up choosing SanRemo. Luckily, she added, they called me back.
2. When asked “Aren’t you upset that you may have been called because you are the ex of..”. She replied NO because here (in LA) everybody respects those who have projects, small or big that they may be. However, I was afraid of an invasion in my private life so I have asked DWTS to be tutored because I was not ready to give up my private life and they accepted it. It is true that my private life has recently been blogged by scandalistic press but I cannot erase the 12 years I spent working for TV, thanks only to my own strength and efforts. I want to continue and if someone offers me a possibility I will definitely accept.
3. When asked if she can dance, she said that when she was young she had been riding horses for 10 years and had started to walk like John Wayne. The choreographer of “Striscia la Notizia” told her that she should first learn how to walk, then later how to dance. “Here I have a great teacher (Val) she said; he is very strict and trains me for 6 hours a day and teaches me the different dances. During the rehearsals I felt bad because I had confused salsa with the cha cha cha.
4. At a party in Hollywood she met Joaquin Phoenix and was asked if anything had happened between them. She replied that she met him at a barbecue organized by Bebe (Moratti) one of her best friends and there were so many people. With Phoenix they have friends in common, nothing else, she hardly knows him.
5. Then she was asked about the charity that she also brought up at the DWTS interview with Giuliana Rancic. She said that it’s for a rare form of leukemia that has killed a little 8-year old boy (Julien Collot) and she wants to help this foundation through DWTS ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
6. She was asked about the fight that she had with BFF Maddalena Corvaglia who worked with her in “Striscia la Notizia” for 10 years. The fight was about Maddy visiting George while she was in the US. Elisabetta said that it was not true. She said “When Maddy came, with her big belly (she is due soon) she stayed with me and I have no idea how such gossip started”.
7. It was reported that Teo Mammuccari attacked her through the press saying: On the stage in SanRemo you will find Canalis but definitely not because of her talent!. Elisabetta said that she felt bad about it because in the past he had asked her and Mediaset to work with him, but as it happens to get “space” in the newspaper you are willing to say nasty things about your colleagues.
8. This is the summer of Bobo Vieri, first about the two of you getting back together, then his flirting and shady episodes that he was involved in. Elisabetta said that she does not follow these gossips but that she always cared about Bobo even when she knew he was wrong and even when they split. There will always be a special place in her heart because he is the first person she really fell in love with and she wishes him the best of everything including the love of a woman who can make him happy because he needs it.
9. When asked that after DWTS and the beginning of her new life would she be ready to dance alone? She replied “I have always danced alone, but I really hope to get the steps right.”
There was a small piece regarding Lady Gaga and her statement that the cause of Amy Winehouse’s death was due to the star system and Elisabetta replied that in spite of her problems she was very fragile and somebody from her entourage should have been able to prevent this tragedy.

Last edited by socimar on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 14:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : leave spaces)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 09 Sep 2011, 16:54

watching wrote:Link to rehearsal pictures

Can someone have a look at these inside rehearsal shots and explain to me what is on Betty's feel? The wierd half sock thing - what the hell is that? Scroll through the gallery. Betty shots at the end. They are miked up so I assume the behind the scenes filming has began. The first Betty shot is borderline familiar - butt out at an angle for a camera man.

Betty needs to learn to dance in heels, since that is how she will be dancing on-camera. All the other female contestants have been practicing in heels and leg-warmers. Betty needs to make the adjustment.

Update - Ha! Clooney1970 found the same shots. And the half sock thingies are apparently dancing socks. Half socks cover the toes to allow a smooth turn surfaceand saves from blisters and abrasions while turning. You also get good grip as your heels are exposed.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 00:52

Here's a video of Eli getting naked from Channel 12 NJ News.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 06:27

Thanks so much for that Socimar. Would love it if any of our Italian posters could scan the mag and email it to me.

I have a hard time believing that appartment in the photoshoot is hers. How many millions does a place like that cost? Even the rent must be crazy. In the pictures on the link, the shots of her look massively photoshopped.

E! last night showed some rehearsal footage of her from DWTS. I'm no dance expert but I think she may drop to the bottom of the bookmakers' favourites list after the first week based on what I saw.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 10 Sep 2011, 08:00

The whole thing is kid of juvenile. It looks so tit for tat.

She talks about marriage
He dumps her
She poses for paps with ex bf in a bikini
George hooks up with Stacy in Italy
Rumours of Betty in LA with job offers in LA from DWTS & Idol get leaked / made up
Stacy papped coming from his house
Betty gets DWTS gig and talks about being an independent woman
Pics of Stacy & George released
She talks to Chi and calls him cold and controlling
Stacy joins him in Toronto and poses on the red carpet of his film the day her PETA ads get released. PETA ad link

What will come next?

And I also doubt it is her house in LA - she stated she was living in an apartment In West Hollyood at the moment. That is a house up in the hills. Just another house for photo shoots.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 10 Sep 2011, 08:29

Betts wishes George happiness - but only because she is happy. So to the Italians she says he is cold and controlling but to the States she is wishing him happiness anf the best? Does she not realise that interviews she gives to Chi will be circulated outside of Italy? So here she is ;pushing the PETA ggi. I am surprised she hasn't been talking up the store.

Elisabetta Canalis on 'DWTS' Romance Rumors with Val
September 9, 2011 |Dancing With The Stars

Stepping into sequins and lace, "Dancing with the Stars" frontrunner Elisabetta Canalis stopped by The Grove to chat with "Extra's" Mario Lopez about romance rumors with dancing partner Val Chmerkovskiy, her weight, and being stateside.

The Italian bombshell set the record straight about Val, revealing, "No. He's my teacher and my friend."

Canalis opened up about her breakup with longtime boyfriend George Clooney, saying, "I'm happy now. Stories start and stories finish. I wish him the best and happiness and everything 'cause I'm happy. Life goes on."

Elisabetta admitted she was concerned about losing too much weight during her "Dancing" gig, telling Lopez, "I lose weight especially when I have a big show... it makes me nervous. I burn everything I eat."

When asked if she likes being in L.A., the actress replied, "Yes, I like it. I love Italy of course... that is my country. But I'm having so much fun here and I'm so happy to have this opportunity, I don't want to waste it."

Canalis, who recently stripped down for a PETA ad, said, "This is one of the most important campaigns I did in my life. I'm very proud and the campaign is coming out on the 15th of September and I hope you guys like it."

See Elisabetta shake her groove thing on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," premiering on September 19.

Link to Extra
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:36

It looks more like a backdrop or is the apartment right opposite the ocean? Or up high? Bette is supposed to have made a bundle while she was with George so maybe she doesn't care about the rent. But I thought she was going to buy a mega house. That has to be one uncomfortable position to study english in though. LOL But yes the pictures all look photoshopped! It doesn't look much like West Hollywood is that a really expensive area?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:27

watching wrote:The whole thing is kid of juvenile. It looks so tit for tat.

She talks about marriage
He dumps her
She poses for paps with ex bf in a bikini
George hooks up with Stacy in Italy
Rumours of Betty in LA with job offers in LA from DWTS & Idol get leaked / made up
Stacy papped coming from his house
Betty gets DWTS gig and talks about being an independent woman
Pics of Stacy & George released
She talks to Chi and calls him cold and controlling
Stacy joins him in Toronto and poses on the red carpet of his film the day her PETA ads get released. PETA ad link

What will come next?

And I also doubt it is her house in LA - she stated she was living in an apartment In West Hollyood at the moment. That is a house up in the hills. Just another house for photo shoots.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You just summarizing of I've been calling out from the minute this whole shenanigans started. You are awesome watching! cheers Thumbs up! Give Flowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:39

Eli should be seen on a date maybe with her hot single dance teacher? LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:07

then,e xclusive interview from George and Stacy to ET? Then, Eli wins DWTS. George and Stacy "announce" their engagement? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:27

Then Eli elopes and announces pregnancy....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:41

Then, George (assuming he wins best director/ actor) makes a candid speech on the Oscar's how, his now Cray Cray wife, made his life change for the better?

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:59

Be sure to like all she does: Linkietinkie bounce
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 21:36

Here we go, PETA ad from Huff Po

Elisabetta Canalis Goes Nude For PETA (VIDEO, PHOTO)

The Huffington Post Ellie Krupnick
First Posted: 9/9/11 03:13 PM ET Updated: 9/9/11 03:20 PM ET

We had a sneak peek video, but now it's finally arrived: Elisabetta Canalis' "I'd Rather Go Naked..." ad for PETA.

The Italian model/actress/George Clooney ex is the latest famous face (er, body) to strip for PETA's signature, "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign. The animal rights group is famous for its rather explicit approach to getting noticed, having featured dozens of celebs naked (not to mention straight-up pornography) in promotional efforts.

But Canalis, for one, is totally on board. She told PETA:

"I decided to go nude because I think that nudity always creates a big reaction. That is what is required to keep people's attention on such a brutal practice …. These poor animals are electrocuted, skinned alive, drowned, and bludgeoned just for the sake of fashion."

And we're sure there are plenty of people are happy with Elisabetta's decision.

Below is both the print ad and a video about the actress' (and new "Dancing With The Stars" cast member's) new campaign.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Note: the video below shows cruelty to animals, animals being beaten and skinned. Only click on it if you want to see it:
Spoiler:

And the Daily Mail's take on it:

Now that's naked ambition! Elisabetta Canalis sheds her inhibitions for new PETA campaign
By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:16 PM on 9th September 2011

Elisabetta Canalis' new campaign for PETA has been unveiled today.

The new Dancing With the Stars hopeful, who previously dated George Clooney, strikes a seductive pose in the ad, which features the organisation's famous slogan, I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur.
The 32-year-old said decision to shoot the ad stemmed from watching a shocking documentary as a child of animals being killed for their fur.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Italian TV hostess, who posed for the shoot earlier this year, said: 'I was a little girl, but by that moment I thought that I would never, never, never wear fur in my life.'

She told Italian magazine Chi this week: 'I have a very strict teacher, we practice dancing for six hours a day and in the beginning I started badly as I confused the salsa with the cha cha cha.'

She also admitted she is using the competition as a way to take her focus of her high profile split from Clooney.

'Throwing myself into my work is the only way I can cope, it distracts me from all emotions.'
It was the first time she had spoken about the break-up - and Clooney may not have been too pleased by some of her comments.

In the interview, she described herself as a 'doormat' when she's in love, adding: 'I have always seen cold and controlled men as the right ones for me.' The pair broke up earlier this summer after almost two years together amid reports that she wanted more commitment from the actor and stormed out when he refused to do so.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sat 10 Sep 2011, 21:42

Once again highly photoshopped, even the tattoo that wraps around her left arm (not the flowery one which is on the right one) with a text should be seen as she has her arm turned up.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Sep 2011, 01:28

I agree Socimar. It seems funny that they would airbrush her tats out when there have been multiple previous "stars" on there with more tats than Eli. And a few of the pros also have tats. Can't see them on the promo pics, but they still have them. Just sayin'
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 11 Sep 2011, 01:39

It still bugs me that they don't mention Eli's love of leather. Handbags, shoes, pants etc. Maybe she things the animals hand over their skin for those! Guess it doesn't upset her too much just the cute animals being killed for their fur bother her. Cows well they are their own!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 11 Sep 2011, 01:57

Dexterdidit wrote:It still bugs me that they don't mention Eli's love of leather. Handbags, shoes, pants etc. Maybe she things the animals hand over their skin for those! Guess it doesn't upset her too much just the cute animals being killed for their fur bother her. Cows well they are their own!

I think she believes that they collect the animals's skin after they die of "natural death" or they collect it from "road kills"???. I have got to write to Peta about that.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 11 Sep 2011, 02:27

Don't bother Socimar I already did and so did a couple of others. They pretty much choose to ignore her love of leather etc. They claim they hope to show the celebrity all the angles but it takes time for the message to get through. I don't see Eli giving up her expensive leather goods anytime soon and she worked with Cavalli who loves to use fur!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 11 Sep 2011, 02:47

Well, I did it anyway. I saw a website where she was critized because they showed a picture of her wearing UGGs boots which are reversed animal skin, leather on the outside and fur in the inside. By the way, I found a blog in Peta.org and it is quite interesting, here it is:

I find this campaign with Elisabetta Canalis quite a joke. I'm thinking PEta does not look into the models who represent them. This girl claims she has been upset since childhood because the cruelty to animals, however if Peta would look into this they would see that Ms. Canalis carries MANY LEATHER handbags that are in the range from $2000.00 - $4000.00. What she is not upset about what the companies had to do to make her leather bags. I think if Peta would look into this spokesmodel they would realize she is trying to start a movie career here in the U.S. and by posing nude in Italy that is how she gained fame there. If you look she posed nude for anyting she could, including as a nun and many calendars. She is using Peta to further her career and if they can't figure that out shame on them. IF this campain goes through I will end my association and the monthly allowance I give to Peta. I believe in you and what you do for animals I will rethink this if you allow this campaig to go through. Thank you.

Last edited by socimar on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 02:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 11 Sep 2011, 04:02

Good. It is the only way PETA will learn. I do wonder how they choose their spokesman it has come to light before that they have worn fur etc. PETa have a very pathetic excuse and why naked women?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 11 Sep 2011, 04:05

In the top PETA pic looks like betta's missing all of her own fur!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Sep 2011, 04:11

hahahaha Lucy!! Hairless Eli! I got the visual - Vomit 1
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:13

Yes, the first thing I noticed too! Hairless Eli, love the name Melbert gave her.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Sep 2011, 16:30

Karie, thanks for making the animal cruelty video a spoiler. I can't tolerate cruelty to animals. Can't even watch an ASPCA ad without crying my eyes out.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:18

Dexterdidit wrote:Good. It is the only way PETA will learn. I do wonder how they choose their spokesman it has come to light before that they have worn fur etc. PETa have a very pathetic excuse and why naked women?

I can't understand why PETA uses naked women. They should use people dressed in white cotton clothes (no animal parts) for emphasis. JMHO.

MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:28

But the nakedness is the whole point of the advertising. They'd rather exploit themselves than animals. They'd rather go naked than wear fur.

"I'd rather dress in eco-friendly unbleached cotton than wear fur" isn't a very compelling statement.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Sep 2011, 19:29

That's a very good idea MM, but how much attention would that grab versus a naked woman?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 12 Sep 2011, 01:34

That's true but what about some naked men? Naked older women they seem to only choose young hot women and after all the time they have been doing it the original shock factor has gone. Most of the celebs do it for their own self promotion. One of the Kardashians did it and it came out she was a fur lover.....that got some attention but not good. Eli loves animals at least cute furry ones the cows that make her handbags not so much!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 12 Sep 2011, 03:46

From a poster on CU Forum -

Splash News, Updated: 10/09/2011 13:20

George Clooney’s ex Elisabetta Canalis claimed she doesn’t even know
if the pair are still friends.

The Italian model, who is in rehearsals for US television show Dancing with the Stars, was on entertainment show Extra when her love life was inevitably brought under the spotlight.

Asked by host Mario Lopez if rehearsing while getting over a break up was tough, she seemed a little uncomfortable.

“I have to say, I’m very happy now, because, you know, stories start and stories finish,” she said, seeming in hurry to change subjects.

“I wish him the best and happiness and everything because I’m happy.”

And when she was then asked if they are still friends, Canalis gave an exasperated answer: “I don’t know Mario,” she said, dismissively. “Next question please!”

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next