Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal: Like or Dislike?

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by catwoman on Sat Mar 22 2014, 19:44

sparkie wrote:Lets make a deal, all you charming ladies that have decided to yet again decided to pull apart someone's looks.

Post your real picture in your avatar full length and after everyone else points out all your faults ( and believe me I am sure we will be able to go just as vicious and low as you),

Then and only then maybe you can continue insulting someone's looks.

Until then - fell free to dislike her but when it comes to hers or anyone elses looks STFU.

I think that regardless of being beautiful or ugly, is not we who are dating GC, therefore we should not we be judged.
I'm very happy with my appearance ,
I've worked as a model in the country I was born, But because I publish a picture of me here, since no one is exposed in this Forum?

catwoman
Clooney Addict

Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-01-31
Location : Brasil

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by kmoo on Sat Mar 22 2014, 19:46

fava wrote:Love the resume--not sure about the fact that she had apparently every advantage in getting there (family wealth and influence).  It does not take away from what she has achieved, but someone whose family could not afford Oxford or NYU but made it work anyway would get more kudos from me.

Without knowing more about her and her demeanor, it's hard to say whether she sought out the high profile international cases because they are high profile and high publicity, because she really believes in the causes, or a mix of both.  
I've worked in 3 national US law firms and believe me a lot of lawyers have very large egos and seek publicity with as much determination as any Hollywood starlet.

Having worked in the legal industry in the UK for the last 15 years I would have to agree with you in part....although for a number it is about the law and serving justice etc but they still want their names attached to the case they win in higher Courts (which is understandable) even if they only play a small role in the same.  Barristers are no different...look at any Chambers website and against their names will be all the cases which they have had involvement.

kmoo
Clooney virgin

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by premiere on Sat Mar 22 2014, 21:06

I think what makes me so uneasy about Amal is that her family is so fabulously wealthy. That opens most doors of opportunity, and to me there's always a sense of entitlement that comes with that kind of money. I've learned in my old age that it's all about money (or keeping it).

I do have to say, though, that we don't pick our relatives, and I'm very glad I'm not judged by some of mine. One of my shirttail relatives is involved in the Mafia, and I'm not exactly a mobster. LOL

I think that the President's comfort level with GC will be somewhat compromised by this latest gf. As the saying goes, trust but verify.

premiere
Clooney Expert

Posts : 273
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Pari on Sun Mar 23 2014, 01:08

fava wrote:Love the resume--not sure about the fact that she had apparently every advantage in getting there (family wealth and influence).  It does not take away from what she has achieved, but someone whose family could not afford Oxford or NYU but made it work anyway would get more kudos from me.

Without knowing more about her and her demeanor, it's hard to say whether she sought out the high profile international cases because they are high profile and high publicity, because she really believes in the causes, or a mix of both.  
I've worked in 3 national US law firms and believe me a lot of lawyers have very large egos and seek publicity with as much determination as any Hollywood starlet.

I would see it as a continuation of her mother's ideals to some extent... Mrs Baria Alamuddin has stood for 'causes dear to her heart... and has worked with some very influential people, even in the political network... so the exposure to that zone can only be a continuation of goals/tradition... unless... the children really want something so totally different... among her siblings there can always be some making different choices... and Amal may have chosen the path lit by her mother, even as she was most probably helping/watching/studying her mother... as she was growing up...

George knew the works of a Studio from when he was a little boy... when he visited them whilst his father was at work...

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2011-05-06
Location : Bangalore, India

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by sparkie on Sun Mar 23 2014, 06:58

Firstly let me say that my 'gut' feeling is that something is not right here, and although no-one can really know what the truth is ...here is my thoughts on this George/Amal relationship.
On COH and so many other sites over the years a lot of comments challenged George for only dating certain types of women questioning his credibility/shallowness "why doesn't he date someone his own age' he only dates women that he can control/buy ie 'rumoured contracts hell we all know what has been said the list is endless. Lets be honest here girls as much as we all love our boy faults and all, George's image. reputation has taken a beating and whether he or we want to admit it this has been of his own making.

So here it is. George and his PR people have been reading/listening far and wide this a calculated and strategic move by George and his people. Obviously I don't know what it is but MY GUT is telling me that this is only the beginning something is brewing and whether Amal is/will be part of this charade (oops did I say that, damn my gut) I don't know but knowing George being a creature of habit it will not be long before he shows his hand.

Slightly off topic, I have on quite few occasions over the years have had dealings with barristers on all levels and I can I honestly say this I have never met a bunch of people who are more rude arrogant insulting offensive as they, all proved to me except one that they were morally corrupt to to point that coming away from my encounters with them I actually had to have a shower because I felt so dirty from being near them.

sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 390
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Down Under

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by justpassinthrough on Sun Mar 23 2014, 07:30

sparkie wrote: Slightly off topic, I have on quite few occasions over the years have had dealings with barristers on all levels and I can I honestly say this I have never met a bunch of people who are more rude arrogant insulting offensive as they, all proved to me except one that they were morally corrupt to to point that coming away from my encounters with them I actually had to have a shower because I felt so dirty from being near them.

I've had exactly the same experiences with and feelings about the ones I have met and/or worked with, and that list is very long.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Dior on Sun Mar 23 2014, 09:01

So I'm in for the challenge, this is a private picture of private me in private life.

And I am pretty sure to win any nose competition over Canalis, Keibler and Alamuddin with it *wink *wink...

Please feel free to call me what you want  Very Happy 

By the way, maybe I change my name here, thought about " We are not amused" or "sweet little rattlesnake", because it should fit to the picture.

Who is still in the game? Want to sign up for the leg competition too!


Last edited by Dior on Sun Mar 23 2014, 09:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : oops, typo, shame on me)

Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Joanna on Sun Mar 23 2014, 09:41

Good picture Dearest Dior.....with a haughty look
as if thinking.....
"Oh look....those plebs are at it again"

 Coolio 

PS....get your liver checked tho.....you look a bit jaundiced ! Jkg...Lol



Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19064
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Dior on Sun Mar 23 2014, 09:55

You better take care of your own liver, my dear Very Happy  Very Happy 

This is just private light in a private room, you know...and I thought the yellow suits me very well, there I have it....

Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by jd68 on Sun Mar 23 2014, 10:50

I don't know enough about her to make any judgement. He seems happy so what do I care.

jd68
Clooney Addict

Posts : 185
Join date : 2013-09-25
Location : Rome, Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by What Would He Say on Sun Mar 23 2014, 11:15

Way2Old4Dis wrote:No idea if I'd like the woman or not if I met her. But as for her being with George... for some reason, I don't trust it. And it's totally subjective, uninformed, and biased. She looks great on paper. She's attractive. She doesn't need his stature or the material perks that come with being his girlfriend.

But something... I don't know. She's as ambitious as the others, just in a different field. She's a little too poised vs coy/shy at just the right moments for the cameras. But even that's not it. Something's just... off... for me.

At any rate, now that they're official and she's secure in her position as the new GF, it won't take long for the hand to show, as my grandmother used to say.



@Way.... Way.... Way....

Will you ghost write my book for me, I'll just thought transfer the deets and you put it eloquently and concisely on the page.... A FAN big time.

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : OneDAyComo

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Carla97 on Sun Mar 23 2014, 12:01

Well I don´t know about others here, but I have not heard from her before the name came up with G. So she is known for larger audience through him solely.

Julian Assange was on the news his lawyers had written or done something, in a list of lawyers, there were not her name.

So far I like this choice. Educated, not picked by her looks, not having or pursuing career in modelling/acting/tv hosting. Also there is a clear chance that she can benefit the most of the association to him contra previous girlfriends. When you have high profile clients, it helps to be high profile yourself - to have "media trials" . Way to go. Yes, I think she knows what she is doing.  Laughing 

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sun Mar 23 2014, 13:04

@Way.... Way.... Way....

Will you ghost write my book for me, I'll just thought transfer the deets and you put it eloquently and concisely on the page.... A FAN big time.


Thank you, my dear.

Way2Old4Dis
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2063
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by fava on Sun Mar 23 2014, 14:14

I don't know if this happens in other countries, but in the US it is quite common for lawyers with high profiles to get news commentary gigs on television or their own tv shows (nancy grace, Harvey on tmz, savannah Guthrie, Starr jones, etc).

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Carla97 on Sun Mar 23 2014, 16:10

Well I´m not from US or live there. So, in EU area (where I´m from) no, it´s not usual, ones that are "high profile" because of their previous clients or that they want to be commentators in what ever legal problem arises or are otherwise in public eye. I´d say most lawyers do not want that kind of publicity. Majority of people still think law cases should be ruled in a court and not in a media.

Well Fava, maybe they have those shows after their career…

Just think if it was your case, would you want it to be handled by someone who is looking for "fame" as tabloids, tv show go, name for himself, or just merited hard working lawyer dedicated to his career and clients?

Picture if you are sitting in a jail or are stuck in one country you do not wish to be in, for what ever reason and you read from the papers your defence lawyer is having a long vacation, living it up and getting suntan somewhere exotic?

I don´t know. It depends… really , but I´don´t think we have that in any occupation yet, even though you can take your laptop anywhere Smile 

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sun Mar 23 2014, 16:31

A couple of other points to consider:

On the one hand, it takes a certain amount of character to be born into money and yet study and work hard to forge your way to the top of a respected profession.

On the other, Amal has been studying and working from a very young age. Maybe she wants to stop and do something different.

Way2Old4Dis
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2063
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by party animal - not! on Sun Mar 23 2014, 16:47

I suppose it comes down to this - how many high profile lawyers are dating celebrities with the same cache as His Nibs?

Breaking new ground here, I think, and looking at these two I have a feeling they'll manage to stay grounded

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7583
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Carla97 on Sun Mar 23 2014, 17:04

First, Way2old4dis, there are families with money who expect their kids to do so - go to unversity etc. Otherwise you are cut out, literally. I know a person who didn´t study hard, but parents made " a contribution" so she spend 6 month in X. After that she could go to Y with " a lesser contribution Smile That´s how it works.

Second point, I understand, it gets old after a while…and somewhat meaningless. I have friends facing this (not married, no kids, in their 30s) but highly professional.


Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sun Mar 23 2014, 17:37

Oh, I know the same types of families. I'm just saying that the fact that she worked so hard and achieved so much, when she could very well have coasted and done reasonably well yet still be wealthy, speaks well of her character.

Way2Old4Dis
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2063
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Katiedot on Mon Mar 24 2014, 02:28

Oh yes, what she's achieved, she's achieved on her own two feet.  You don't get into universities and the kind of jobs she's got from family and friends.  

Let's also be clear about the fame business because I can see some of you are going off track here:  yes, some lawyers do chase the limelight because it brings them business.  But the fame they're after is pretty much always law-related (eg: you get a job on television talking about legal matters because that positions you as the legal expert in that field).  

Who you date doesn't bring business in and certainly not if you're a human rights lawyer!  I think dating George may damage her credibility somewhat.  Her career track is to be in the heavy hitting position where she's representing countries etc in major international cases and are they really going to pick her because she's dating a film star?  It makes her look lightweight.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LornaDoone on Mon Mar 24 2014, 03:05

Katiedot wrote:Oh yes, what she's achieved, she's achieved on her own two feet.  You don't get into universities and the kind of jobs she's got from family and friends.  

Let's also be clear about the fame business because I can see some of you are going off track here:  yes, some lawyers do chase the limelight because it brings them business.  But the fame they're after is pretty much always law-related (eg: you get a job on television talking about legal matters because that positions you as the legal expert in that field).  

Who you date doesn't bring business in and certainly not if you're a human rights lawyer!  I think dating George may damage her credibility somewhat.  Her career track is to be in the heavy hitting position where she's representing countries etc in major international cases and are they really going to pick her because she's dating a film star?  It makes her look lightweight.

And like many women who are given full press by the Clooney charm, she lost her head and fell in love. Sigh... :-)

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6690
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Sevens on Mon Mar 24 2014, 04:11

I don't know, if I were in Amal's position as George's girlfriend, I would lose my head too...

Sevens
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2439
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ktsue2002 on Mon Mar 24 2014, 04:14


Got a question. Why is it such a bad thing that Sarah, Elisabetta and seemingly Stacy all sought entertainment business success? Isn't that what he did? When we go back to the old "up to his level" argument, I can't help but think that there is no such thing as his level. In some ways, Sarah was at his level. In other ways, Amal is at his level. Even if Amal decides she wants to forgo her law career to be on Dancing With the Stars, isn't that alright?

My argument is I don't believe in making Amal the poster child for the perfect woman for our hero nor do I believe in turning Elisabetta and Stacy into money hungry vixens only out for a quick lay and a little access to the good life. We all just have to do the best that we can.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Katiedot on Mon Mar 24 2014, 04:37

ktsue2002 wrote:
Got a question. Why is it such a bad thing that Sarah, Elisabetta and seemingly Stacy all sought entertainment business success? Isn't that what he did? When we go back to the old "up to his level" argument, I can't help but think that there is no such thing as his level. In some ways, Sarah was at his level. In other ways, Amal is at his level.  Even if Amal decides she wants to forgo her law career to be on Dancing With the Stars, isn't that alright?

My argument is I don't believe in making Amal the poster child for the perfect woman for our  hero nor do I believe in turning Elisabetta and Stacy into money hungry vixens only out for a quick lay and a little access to the good life. We all just have to do the best that we can.
 Well said ktsue2002, well said.

I think - and of course this is just my opinion - that there's just such a strong desire to slam George's girlfriend of the moment that we'll look for any reason to do so.  Of course his exes made it very easy for us: it's really easy to sneer at someone who's spent most of her life in lingerie/swimwear/nothing at all for the camera and even make it look like we're taking the moral high ground while pulling her apart for her life choices.  

With Amal it's going to be harder, but you can see that already some posters are trying.  Look at the posts on another thread asking whether SHE was the one who called the paps for her own publicity.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by bamboochacha on Mon Mar 24 2014, 04:51

u.n. involved.  hmmmmm - could be a blind date sort of thing via the future mrs. brad.  perhaps that londoner is someone she can converse with during short flights.  lol.   flower

oh and, don't know yet - will let you know after he dumps her. lol.

bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-06-30
Location : White Rock, B.C Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LornaDoone on Mon Mar 24 2014, 05:00

I'm happy he's with someone who you can google the word "crotch" along with their name and find that nothing comes up.

Entertainment isn't the issue for me.  It's their desire to make something of themselves on his coattails is what was my issue.

George worked his ass off for many years and didn't get much help from the family.  He had failed after failed pilot.  He wasn't dating someone who had much more fame than him to get a "step up" so that's the difference I see between George in entertainment and these gals who were riding his coattails.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6690
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Pari on Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:06

As always and "from the beginning" I have always wanted a REAL relationship for George, regardless of who it is... a relationship is about the core of two persons... the mating of souls as much as anything else... the crux really is IF George has found the love of his life / IF George is in love... because there will always be scores of women/ladies/girls falling in love with him anyways, anytime+anyplace Smile

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2011-05-06
Location : Bangalore, India

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by NewFanForever on Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:26

To tell you the truth I am very dubious of this latest saying "The love of my Life'.

My view is if you have love for many/people you won't have this great longing and looking for...this search...for this one...and you will never be lonely....iMo!

I think as I have said regarding GC before and he has stated...I am no good at marriage....I take this as...he needs to develop skills to improve in this way....there is no rule book etc...people seem to go ad lib...and hope for the best.

He has been busy and hasn't had the patience or time or whatever.

A well known celebrity recently said... it was in the press I have met the love of my life....imagine how you would feel being his ex-wife who had 4 lovely children with him.

iMo

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 307
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Pari on Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:48

O that is hurting NewFanForever, sometimes who we believe is destined for us may simply NOT be interested... and so marriages / relationships that we believe is destined don't work... BUT... there is a plan that God has for each one, and when HE has HIS blessing hand over a relationship, it becomes HIS responsibility to have it working... so we won't lose hope... such miracles of lasting love can happen... maybe the best for you is yet to arrive for you Smile

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2011-05-06
Location : Bangalore, India

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by NewFanForever on Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:51

Thank you Pari...that's lovely!

Agreed God definitely does have a plan...as much as I have worked and pushed for things...the best that I have had.... has come for free and unexpected...which truly was the work of god!

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 307
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Pari on Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:53

Most welcome +much prayers NewFanForever... God bless  I love you 

(am running off for some duties Smile Ta for now...)

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2011-05-06
Location : Bangalore, India

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by silly willy on Mon Mar 24 2014, 21:15

Back to the thread topic: Amal is def a LIKE. Finally, George.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by blubelle on Tue Mar 25 2014, 22:50

Haven't posted in quite some time as I have been here and there. Why do we always slam the ladies he chooses as fame mongers? He must know what they are after and what they will do. IMO no one is forcing these ladies on him, they are his choices.

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by annemarie on Wed Mar 26 2014, 00:39

It is people who make a big deal out of the women he dates. They aren't good enough not on his level. They all just want fame. The bottom line is George chooses these women because he obviously to me, likes them and enjoys being with them. They are all women they just all have different jobs and dreams. For me no one is better than the other they all get to date George whatever that entails and they have to put up with him. George is a grown man he knows that they want some fame and he allows them to to benefit from dating him. That is probably their payment for putting up with him , his crazy work hours , press and fan craziness.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by isogotit on Wed Mar 26 2014, 00:55

I'm also not feeling her. She's different and not quite attractive in my opinion. But George likes her and I guess the next two years will tell the same old repeat dating story. We shall see.

isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 320
Join date : 2013-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ktsue2002 on Wed Mar 26 2014, 01:37

Here is my thought. George doesn't go around telling me who to date, and I am not going to pass judgment on his dates. I love George Clooney regardless of who he chooses. This is what fans do; we support. We don't have to like everything. We just have to just sit back and wait for his next movie to show up, and if its great, be happy for him. If it sucks, pray he gets another chance to show himself.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Katiedot on Wed Mar 26 2014, 01:39

LOL KTSue, what an idea! I think what my love life exactly needs is George telling me who to date!

But seriously. I feel bad for not warming more to Amal. On paper she's what I would like to see him date and I still don't have any good reason for not liking her more.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by theminis on Wed Mar 26 2014, 02:11

Sometimes its just a feeling you get Katiedot and there is no real explanation for it, we have all met people like that, that we cannot warm too no matter how wonderful they appear. In my experience there is usually a good reason for feeling that to begin with.

theminis
Moderator

Posts : 6088
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by lourdes flores on Wed Mar 26 2014, 03:40

she did not like,the fact of not belonging to the world of entertainment which becomes even more inaccessible news regarding clooney and his personal life- I do not think george raise public expose this relationship more. not be able to support two years of that

lourdes flores
Clooney virgin

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by happycat on Wed Mar 26 2014, 12:48

I don't know enough about Amal to like or dislike her at this point. She seems so different from previous girlfriends that it makes me feel a little uneasy, but in all fairness and honesty that uneasiness may just stem from the fear that she may actually be the ONE that he finally commits to completely. Of course I want him to be happy but a shameful, selfish part of me likes the roguishness of single George. Just me telling my truth.

happycat
Clooney virgin

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Sevens on Wed Mar 26 2014, 13:43

Well said happycat!

Sevens
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2439
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by catwoman on Wed Mar 26 2014, 15:14

happycat wrote:I don't know enough about Amal to like or dislike her at this point.  She seems so different from  previous girlfriends that it makes me feel a little uneasy, but in all fairness and honesty that uneasiness may just stem from the fear that she may actually be the ONE that he finally commits to completely.  Of course I want him to be happy but a shameful, selfish part of me likes the roguishness of single George.    Just me telling my truth.

I agree with you

catwoman
Clooney Addict

Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-01-31
Location : Brasil

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Wed Mar 26 2014, 19:29

I would like to agree with all of you who are withholding judgement, but something about her just seems a bit off. It's that gut feeling WWHS is talking about. This woman makes me uneasy.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3487
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by justpassinthrough on Wed Mar 26 2014, 19:53

LizzyNY wrote:I would like to agree with all of you who are withholding judgement, but something about her just seems a bit off. It's that gut feeling WWHS is talking about. This woman makes me uneasy.

I agree with you. She's seems like she's very calculating. I don't like what I see in her eyes.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Mar 26 2014, 20:20

Well, I've watched the IBAHR film of her being interviewed about the legal recommendations work she's done in Egypt, and to be honest, I can't see anything to dislike. I'm very impressed!

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7583
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by sparkie on Thu Mar 27 2014, 07:53

How many of us experiencing this 'gut feeling' about George and Amal and questioning what it is ....well let me throw this out and see what comes back. And please remember this all hypothetical:

It has long been discussed, hinted and intimated that all/most of George's relationship are carefully managed and controlled. SK suddenly has this epithany that she has met the love of her life last July after knowing him for over five years and next minute is pregnant and married. Remember this time last year after the Oscars there was and correct me if I am wrong only one more sighting of them together when she went to Germany for Dinner.

George has stated that he intends to become more active in directing and producing.
I think that firstly George and Amal have been seeing each other longer than they will ever admit to (their business) this was not the standard meeting break them in and after their roughly three month indoctrination of all things Clooney before your hop on the 2yr PR bus. And given that George's public life is so well staged and managed...it would not surprise me that if George and Amal are not already married it will happen and very soon.

If George would date for publicity is it really so far out of the realm to consider that he would marry for convenience if this would/could be mutually beneficial for both.
Even though George has stated he isn't interested in going into politics (we don't really know what is going on in his head) there still is other options available ie Diplomatic . So the one thing we all have to agree on that is George and Amal have at least that in common, everything else is just speculation that again we have to agree on. And given that Amal with all her education, life experience. knowledge and belief in equality she is also a daughter that comes from a family and country that so steeped in tradition that she would in turn accept an arranged marriage out of her deep seated love, respect and belief of both her family's wishes and culture. She would not be the first.



sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 390
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Down Under

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by sparkie on Thu Mar 27 2014, 08:35

And to that end if they do get married I do not believe nor will I ever that it is first and foremost love.
Yes George is fully entitled to privacy and has every right to keep his private life private, hell when people are single I don't care who they f... I don't care if it is someone different every night but when you are with someone whether married or single and for all intensive purposes SK and GC were a couple until July and were seeing each other long before September no one not SK GC AA would ever admit to it. Stacy because of (contract??????) George and Amal cannot admit to earlier for two reasons
1. Not many people like cheaters for want of a better description.
2. Confirm dating but allow for suitable/respectable amount of time between SK
AA.
We all have our ways of seeing and defining love as we believe it to be. I don't know about everyone else but my belief is that love comes first and when you have to tread carefully about introducing your 'loved one' to family/public and you can't look look them in the eye and honestly admit to when you first started dating then love doesn't and will never come first deception does and always will
be.

sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 390
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Down Under

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by NewFanForever on Thu Mar 27 2014, 08:50

sparkie wrote:How many of us experiencing this 'gut feeling' about George and Amal and questioning what it is ....well let me throw this out and see what comes back. And please remember this all hypothetical:

It has long been discussed, hinted and intimated that all/most of George's           relationship are carefully managed and controlled. SK suddenly has this epithany that she has met the love of her life last July after knowing him for over five years and next minute is pregnant and married. Remember this time last year after the Oscars there was and correct me if I am wrong only one more sighting of them together when she went to Germany for Dinner.

George has stated that he intends to become more active in directing and producing.
I think that firstly George and Amal have been seeing each other longer than they will ever admit to (their business) this was not the standard meeting break them in and after their roughly three month indoctrination of all things Clooney before your hop on the 2yr PR bus. And given that George's public life is so well staged and managed...it would not surprise me that if George and Amal are not already married it will happen and very soon.

If George would date for publicity is it really so far out of the realm to consider that he would marry for convenience if this would/could be mutually beneficial for both.
Even though George has stated he isn't interested in going into politics (we don't really know what is going on in his head) there still is other options available ie Diplomatic . So the one thing we all have to agree on that is George and Amal have at least that in common, everything else is just speculation that again we have to agree on. And given that Amal with all her education, life experience. knowledge and belief in equality she is also a daughter that comes from a family and country that so steeped in tradition that she would in turn accept an arranged marriage out of her deep seated love, respect and belief of both her family's wishes and culture. She would not be the first.



iMo

SK could have been in love with GC...but unless he was going the same path as her...she wouldn't class him as the love of her life.

If GC And SK had been the love of each others life...they would be married and having a baby now instead of JP.

From things I have read...and stand corrected..two who are ment to be together don't hesitate.

Because life without would be too hard!

Otherwise what is the difference between a love and love of your life?

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 307
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Katiedot on Thu Mar 27 2014, 12:40

sparkie wrote: And given that George's public life is so well staged and managed...
 Ok, let's play hypotheticals.  My first question is this: if George's love life were so well staged and managed how come every man and his dog is in on the 'big secret' that his love life is staged?

sparkie wrote:it would not surprise me that if George and Amal are not already married it will happen and very soon.
It would surprise me.  I think there's no way a high profile a-lister like George could marry in secret and have it stay secret.  

sparkie wrote:If George would date for publicity is it really so far out of the realm to consider that he would marry for convenience
I think it is really is that far out of the realm, I really do.  Because (see next bit):

sparkie wrote: if this would/could be mutually beneficial for both.
I don't see how it's beneficial for either.  

People keep harping on about publicity, but what does this type of publicity bring George?  He's not a d-list reality show star - these people absolutely and without any doubts depend on the oxygen of publicity.  So do the c-listers and even the b-listers.  But a long-time established a-list film star?  Not so much.  If he were making big-budget action films a la Tom Cruise, then yes, he would need the big name in order to open the film but he does smaller scale films and his name is already well known enough to get the ticket sales.

He gets plenty of publicity generally whenever a film comes out - think of all the coverage he's got for MM. He gets papped extensively wherever he goes. He only needs to head to a restaurant and his picture is across the internet in hours.

I really don't think he needs to do anything extra to get publicity. He already gets plenty just by being George Clooney.

sparkie wrote: she is also a daughter that comes from a family and country that so steeped in tradition that she would in turn accept an arranged marriage out of her deep seated love, respect and belief of both her family's wishes and culture. She would not be the first.
 I disagree there.  I don't think there's any particular tradition of arranged marriages in 'her culture'.  Even if there were, the marriage would be with a man from her own background and religion - not George.

As always, these are just my opinions and I firmly stand by my right to be completely wrong.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Thu Mar 27 2014, 15:25

The only reason I can see for these two to marry is if she really is "the one" - a true love match, otherwise he'd be letting himself in for a world of trouble if it didn't work out. A lawyer, from a traditional family, with a public profile of her own - he'd be put through the wringer if they ever divorced. I don't think she'd go quietly.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3487
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum