Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal: Like or Dislike?

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 04:36

ladybugcngc wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:Ladybug that’s a pretty disparaging comment to make without any facts to back it up.
I've done my research.  On more than one occasion, I have expressed in great detail my questions and concerns.

I don’t recall any FACTS presented to back up your opinion.
That was the problem, the FACTS were not presented in the first place.
I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, but I'd bet the facts were available, you just didn't bother to look for them.

On another note, you're perfectly welcome not to like her, ladybug. I don't like her. I haven't warmed to her and I guess after four years, I never will. But I don't invent stories to explain why I don't like her. I don't really know why I don't like her, I just don't.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by PigPen on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 13:30

Yeah Right

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2187
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 13:41

I dunno  Katie - Could be the "cat that ate the cream" smirk she sometimes gets, or (more likely) just the fact that she married George. Either way, I'm with you.  Thumbs up!
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Donnamarie on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 15:09

I do like Amal and I know why I do.  Unfortunately when we talk about George’s personal life, apart from his movie career, it gets really hard to separate the two of them.  She is his life now.
avatar
Donnamarie
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4971
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by PigPen on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 15:34





Donnamarie.. did you mean she's part of his life? Lordy, I hope she's not his whole life- dull for him, a hell of a burden for her. LOL

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2187
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 16:23

Or vice-versa, even!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 16:34

Admin wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:That was the problem, the FACTS were not presented in the first place.
I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, but I'd bet the facts were available, you just didn't bother to look for them.
Example:  Amal was in the press for prosecuting ISIS commanders for rape.

Donna and Katie maybe you can fill in some of the facts .

Name one of the commanders Amal was prosecuting.

Did Amal ever put on record and/or challenge the "ideology" of the Islamic State who hold themselves as the righteous, raping someone who they consider unrighteous?  Did Amal ever challenge the "ideology" of the Islamic State at all"

How was prosecuting commanders for rape, going to help the overall situation the people faced in the region?  Meaning if those commanders were actually prosecuted, how would that affect the overall living situation in the region?   I have debated this on several occasions here.  I have a very set opinion on this subject. 

I can go on and on, and in great detail, I have done that on several occasions.  What's going on in the Middle East is extremely muddled and there are many players involved with varying agendas.   I'm sure there are some who agree and some who disagree.  I'm over debating the subject.

I'm more than happy to hear those who can fill in some of facts.

Katie, I'm not sure what story you think I've made up.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:19

ladybugcngc wrote:Katie, I'm not sure what story you think I've made up.
 The story where Amal prosecuted ISIS commanders for rape.  Not sure that court case has ever happened but I'm willing to be corrected.  

Are you perhaps thinking of this:


These are about Amal trying to make a case for prosecuting ISIS for war crimes, including rape, at the international criminal court.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:25

Admin wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:[Katie, I'm not sure what story you think I've made up.
 The story where Amal prosecuted ISIS commanders for rape.  Not sure that court case has ever happened.  

Are you perhaps thinking of this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Where she's trying to make a case for prosecuting ISIS for war crimes, including rape, at the international criminal courts?
Yes that's the "story" I'm talking about.  

Please name the commanders she's talking about.  Also please name War that's been declared, where the war crimes were committed.  And other than rape what war crime did she bring before the international courts?


Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:30; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:28

You're aware the case hasn't take place, right?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by party animal - not! on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:30

Know what you mean, Donnarmarie.

Given that George would lay down his life for her, it's pretty hard to argue against that

Oh, and Ladybug, please read all that is available online about these cases just as we have done, instead of telling all of us to tell you. You're likely to get a lot more detail by reading all the relevant reports verbatim that way to be honest

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9259
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:34

Admin wrote:You're aware the case hasn't take place, right?  
I do understand, so far Amal's story is all talk.

Amal's story does not include any facts that answer my questions or concerns.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:55

party animal - not! wrote:Know what you mean, Donnarmarie.

Given that George would lay down his life for her, it's pretty hard to argue against that

Oh, and Ladybug, please read all that is available online about these cases just as we have done, instead of telling all of us to tell you. You're likely to get a lot more detail by reading all the relevant reports verbatim that way to be honest
Pan,

I don't read mumbo, jumbo.

My challenges is the facts have not been presented.

If you have the facts that counter the challenges I've stated, please present them.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:11

Ladybug, it’s your mumbo jumbo that has no facts. You’ve created an imaginary court case and are asking us to tell you what happened. Do you have any idea how you sound at the moment?

The facts are these: there’s no such thing as a court case where Amal prosecuted Isis commanders for rape. Therefore no one has been prosecuted and there are no results as a consequence of your imaginary court case that didn’t happen.

Hope that’s clear.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:26

Admin wrote:Ladybug, it’s your mumbo  jumbo that has no facts.   You’ve created an imaginary court case and are asking us to tell you what happened.  Do you have any idea how you sound at the moment?  

The facts are these: there’s no such thing as a court case where Amal prosecuted Isis commanders for rape.  Therefore no one has been prosecuted and there are no results as a consequence of your imaginary court case that didn’t happen.

Hope that’s clear.
I'm aware of that Katie, Amal's presentation before the United Nations was all just a story.


                                                            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:38

No, Amal’s presentation is a real thing but the case you’re asking about is something you invented or somehow managed to completely misunderstand.

Your imaginary case where Amal took Isis commanders to court for rape is something none of us can answer questions about as it didn’t happen. The actual case where Amal wants to prosecute Isis for various war crimes is a real thing. But it’s no good your asking the outcome because the case hasn’t taken place yet. As you would know if you’d looked at any of the information available.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:59

Ladybug - Whether or not Amal has named names or litigated a case in court, the FACT is that her association with an issue brings it attention. The "story" she brought before the UN is no less true because a case hasn't been prosecuted - or do you challenge the truth of the Yazidi story because Amal hasn't filed suit against anyone specific? She has shed light on the issue and laid the groundwork in the court of public opinion for future litigation.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:11

Admin wrote:No, Amal’s presentation is a real thing but the case you’re asking about is something you invented or somehow managed to completely misunderstand.  

Your imaginary case where Amal took Isis commanders to court for rape is something none of us can answer questions about as it didn’t happen.   The actual case where Amal wants to prosecute Isis for various war crimes is a real thing.  But it’s no good your asking the outcome because the case hasn’t taken place yet.  As you would know if you’d looked at any of the information available.  
Katie,

At the time every head line read Amal presents a "case" against ISIS commanders for rape...

Overtime that those headlines were modified.  That is the truth.  I did not imagine that. 

The bottom line is the Amal's presentation before the United Nations was just a story.  Period.

"The actual case where Amal wants to prosecute Isis for various war crimes is a real thing"

Katie the case is not a "real" thing until it manifest.  Until that time it's vain words, it's just a story.  Over the last 20 years I've learned people will present all kinds of stories, and somehow never face the actual people they accuse.

I extend to you, once Amal's case is presented in court, I will take the time to read the details she presents. 

Until that time Amal's presentation before the United Nations is a story made of mumbo, jumbo.


Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:47; edited 2 times in total
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:16

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - Whether or not Amal has named names or litigated a case in court, the FACT is that her association with an issue brings it attention. The "story" she brought before the UN is no less true because a case hasn't been prosecuted - or do you challenge the truth of the Yazidi story because Amal hasn't filed suit against anyone specific? She has shed light on the issue and laid the groundwork in the court of public opinion for future litigation.
There's nothing wrong with Amal presenting a story before the United Nations.  I do believe it was meant to bring attention;  we will have to wait and see if she will present the case in court.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 21:58

Ladybug - Do you believe what Nadia and Amal told the UN about the Yazidi genocide?
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 01:46

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - Do you believe what Nadia and Amal told the UN about the Yazidi genocide?
Lizzy, this is a very interesting question.

At the time Amal presented her story before the United Nations, you and other bloggers here spent a very lengthy time explaining to me Amal's presentation was about rape not genocide.  Some time later the headlines did change to include genocide.   However, just to be clear, from what I was told here, Amal's presentation before the United Nations did not include genocide as defined and punishable under International Law. 

Now Genocide is interesting because ISIS and "others" believe they are the righteous with the god given right to impose mass murder.  They believe their actions are above International Law.  And define actions like what's been reported in the Yazidi case as genocide, killing justified under God's Law. 

Lizzy, before you ask how I know this.  I did a major book end to book end Biblical study on the subject.  That's why I know how important it is to challenge the ideology of ISIS and others who believe they are the righteous sent by God to impose violence on who they perceive to be wicked.

Actions defined as homicide/murder are not justified under any religious teaching.  That's why it's extremely important that mass murder like Parkland, San Bernardino, Miami... are NOT defined by the media as a massacre.  When it is defined as a massacre, it feeds the 'justified killing' ideology.  
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 03:06

Ladybug - You didn't answer my question. Do you believe the information Amal and Nadia presented to the UN? Never mind, for now, the side issue of radical philosophy and semantics. Just tell me if you believed what they said. Do you believe they described the events truthfully?
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 03:51

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - You didn't answer my question. Do you believe the information Amal and Nadia presented to the UN? Never mind, for now, the side issue of radical philosophy and semantics. Just tell me if you believed what they said. Do you believe they described the events truthfully?
Lizzy this was your original question:

Ladybug - Do you believe what Nadia and Amal told the UN about the Yazidi genocide?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What information did Nadia and Amal tell the UN about Yazidi genocide?

As I stated in my original response:  At the time Amal presented her story before the United Nations, you and other bloggers here spent a very lengthy time explaining to me Amal's presentation was about "rape" not genocide.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe Nadia's story.  I believe the story Amal presented at the United Nations brought attention to the region.

I believe atrocities rape/murder/illegal occupation... were imposed on the people who live in the Yazidi region. 

I think prosecuting "ISIS commanders for rape" will do little to nothing to help the overall situation of murder-genocide, rape at the hands of others, and continued illegal occupation,... in the region.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you remember me asking the questions about genocide as defined and punishable under International Law in the region? I also asked the question: did Amal challenge the "ideology" of ISIS as criminal and actions based on that ideology punishable under the law?

Do you remember the very lengthy responses were Amal's presentation before the United Nations was about

                                                                        RAPE!

                                                                    NOT GENOCIDE.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 04:16

Ladybug - I was not one of the bloggers who spent a lengthy time explaining that Amal's presentation was about rape, not genocide. She did, however, present the case that the rapes of Yazidi women are just one part of ISIS's attempt at genocide of the Yazidi people. She has said this in interviews and it was the background information to the rape testimony at the UN. You're playing with semantics. An attempt to wipe out a group of people is genocide, no matter what philosophy is behind it.

I honestly don't care if you respect Amal Clooney or her work, but please don't put words in my mouth.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 05:08

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - I was not one of the bloggers who spent a lengthy time explaining that Amal's presentation was about rape, not genocide. She did, however, present the case that the rapes of Yazidi women are just one part of ISIS's attempt at genocide of the Yazidi people. She has said this in interviews and it was the background information to the rape testimony at the UN. You're playing with semantics. An attempt to wipe out a group of people is genocide, no matter what philosophy is behind it.

I honestly don't care if you respect Amal Clooney or her work, but please don't put words in my mouth.
You may not remember Lizzy,

We all talked, in great length about genocide NOT being a part of the story Amal presented before the United Nations.  I'm not putting words in your mouth.  If I'm in error about your input into the conversation, I stand corrected.  As I can remember, you were a part of that conversation.

As I've stated, I don't trust a word that comes out Amal's mouth.  That mistrust started long before she dated, entered into a marriage relationship with George Clooney, and gave birth to twins.  

I'm an abstract thinker to an absolute point. 

You brought up the subject/question of genocide, not I.  

I stated it was explained to me in GREAT detail, genocide was NOT a part of the story Amal presented before the United Nations.  I did not play with semantics; I went on to explain the variations of genocide as defined by others.  You have every right to define genocide as you see fit.  And you have every right to accept how Amal and others define genocide.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 05:37

ladybugcngc wrote:As I've stated, I don't trust a word that comes out Amal's mouth.  That mistrust started long before she dated, entered into a marriage relationship with George Clooney, and gave birth to twins.
Ok ladybug. My advice to you is when you're in a hole, stop digging.

As I understand it, you say you don't trust a thing that Amal says because you couldn't understand a case that she was proposing and needed posters on this site (not Amal) to explain it to you. You still didn't understand it and thought the case had already taken place and you use that to criticise Amal for lack of results. Then, despite saying you'd never heard of her before she dated George, you suddenly decide that oh yes, you had heard of her years back and have never trusted her (for no reason at all). Even though you're not capable of understanding let alone evaluating what she does.

The elegant way out for you is simply to grin, shrug and say 'yeah, I didn't bother reading anything about Amal and I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I stupidly used a case I didn't understand to criticise her because I don't like her and I want to find reasons not to like her.'
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 07:21

Admin wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:As I've stated, I don't trust a word that comes out Amal's mouth.  That mistrust started long before she dated, entered into a marriage relationship with George Clooney, and gave birth to twins.
 Ok ladybug.  My advice to you is when you're in a hole, stop digging.

As I understand it, you say you don't trust a thing that Amal says because you couldn't understand a case that she was proposing and needed posters on this site (not Amal) to explain it to you.  You still didn't understand it and thought the case had already taken place and you use that to criticise Amal for lack of results.  Then, despite saying you'd never heard of her before she dated George, you suddenly decide that oh yes, you had heard of her years back and have never trusted her (for no reason at all).  Even though you're not capable of understanding let alone evaluating what she does.

The elegant way out for you is simply to grin, shrug and say 'yeah, I didn't bother reading anything about Amal and I have no idea what I'm talking about here.  I stupidly used a case I didn't understand to criticise her because I don't like her and I want to find reasons not to like her.'
Katie let me explain,

I use the word "case" to describe the "story" Amal presented before the United Nations.  I've tried to explain that several times and you seem to still not get it.  So, my use of "case" is the "story" Amal presented at the United Nations.

I presented my challenges regarding the "story" Amal presented before the United Nations; there were many.  The bloggers here explained the "story" Amal presented did not include genocide, it was about rape; therefore my challenges of genocide, illegal occupation, the ideology of ISIS,... would NOT be addressed.

Donna, said I made the statement without facts.  I stated, that was the problem there were no facts. 

That's when you pointed out the link, and explained that was not a case.  You were right, the story was not a court case, therefore there were NO FACTS.  We are all on the same page.  It was a story that was presented at the United Nations, with no facts, i.e., no commanders were name, genocide was not addressed, the ideology of ISIS was not challenged...

After we reached that conclusion you stated the Court case was real:   "The actual case where Amal wants to prosecute Isis for various war crimes is a real thing."  So now we are back to a court case, where NO FACTS HAVE BEEN PRESENTED.  Then I tell you the court case is NOT REAL UNTIL IT MANIFESTS. 

My position is:  Until Amal's case manifest into a case presented before the court, it's  just MUMBO JUMBO. 

Now we are all back to the same page.  Amal has a real court case, the "facts" of that case have not been presented before the court.

Then Lizzy, ask me a question about genocide regarding Amal and Nadia.  I tried to explain to her, the "story" presented before the United Nations (referring to the link you provided) did not include genocide.  Further, I explained the conversation that took place between the bloggers regarding, the story Amal presented before the United Nations. 

I understand clearly the definition of genocide vary between different groups.  I have not heard or read Amal state actions in the Yazidi region is genocide as defined and punishable under International Law.

My distrust in Amal started long before she dated George Clooney, entered into a marriage relationship with George Clooney, and gave birth to twins.  That is the truth, not a story regarding my life.

What I do understand is the middle east is muddled with a lot of players that have varying agendas.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 07:52

ladybugcngc wrote:I use the word "case" to describe the "story" Amal presented before the United Nations. I've tried to explain that several times and you seem to still not get it. So, my use of "case" is the "story" Amal presented at the United Nations.
Whether you want to call it a 'case' or a 'story', it's still a fact that you haven't understood what it was that Amal presented.

You seemed to be under the impression she'd already popped over to Syria, had a bunch of ISIS guys arrested for rape and prosecuted them. That's why you were asking about the results of the case. Or story. Whatever. Go back and read your original post: you said Amal was in the news for prosecuting ISIS commanders for rape. Well, as she hasn't prosecuted them, likely those headlines of her having done so were in your imagination. Then you asked the names of the men she'd prosecuted (because you didn't understand it hasn't happened) and then you asked what how this case would help in the region (again, not understanding this case hasn't happened).

Now you're backtracking and pretending that of course you knew it hadn't happened but other people on this site didn't explain it properly to you so it's their fault that now you're trying to throw in a whole bunch of other largely unrelated things to muddy the issue.

ladybugcngc wrote: I have not heard or read Amal state actions in the Yazidi region is genocide as defined and punishable under International Law.
I think the things you've not heard Amal state would probably fill a thousand libraries. Amal has made a number of statements but you don't seem to have bothered doing any reading so you're not familiar with what she's said or didn't say about this.

ladybugcngc wrote:Further, I explained the conversation that took place between the bloggers regarding, the story Amal presented before the United Nations.
I can't find these conversations on this site (but didn't spend a massive amount of time searching). I think if you're not able (or willing) to understand news reports then you probably didn't understand what you were being told by other posters.

But even if you did manage to remember the conversations with other posters on this fan site correctly, their opinions have nothing whatsoever to do with Amal Clooney: her actions or her trustworthiness.

ladybugcngc wrote:My distrust in Amal started long before she dated George Clooney, entered into a marriage relationship with George Clooney, and gave birth to twins.
But didn't you claim you'd never even heard of her before she was linked with George? You still haven't given any reason for why you distrust Amal.

Honestly, please give this up. You don't like her and that's fine.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 08:35

Admin wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:I use the word "case" to describe the "story" Amal presented before the United Nations.  I've tried to explain that several times and you seem to still not get it.  So, my use of "case" is the "story" Amal presented at the United Nations.
 Whether you want to call it a 'case' or a 'story', it's still a fact that you haven't understood what it was that Amal presented.

You seemed to be under the impression she'd already popped over to Syria, had a bunch of ISIS guys arrested for rape and prosecuted them.  That's why you were asking about the results of the case.  Or story.  Whatever.  Go back and read your original post: you said Amal was in the news for prosecuting ISIS commanders for rape.  Well, as she hasn't prosecuted them, likely those headlines of her having done so were in your imagination.  Then you asked the names of the men she'd prosecuted (because you didn't understand it hasn't happened) and then you asked what how this case would help in the region (again, not understanding this case hasn't happened).

Now you're backtracking and pretending that of course you knew it hadn't happened but other people on this site didn't explain it properly to you so it's their fault that now you're trying to throw in a whole bunch of other largely unrelated things to muddy the issue.  

ladybugcngc wrote: I have not heard or read Amal state actions in the Yazidi region is genocide as defined and punishable under International Law.
 I think the things you've not heard Amal state would probably fill a thousand libraries.  Amal has made a number of statements but you don't seem to have bothered doing any reading so you're not familiar with what she's said or didn't say about this.  

ladybugcngc wrote:Further, I explained the conversation that took place between the bloggers regarding, the story Amal presented before the United Nations.
 I can't find these conversations on this site (but didn't spend a massive amount of time searching).  I think if you're not able (or willing) to understand news reports then you probably didn't understand what you were being told by other posters.  

But even if you did manage to remember the conversations with other posters on this fan site correctly, their opinions have nothing whatsoever to do with Amal Clooney: her actions or her trustworthiness.

ladybugcngc wrote:My distrust in Amal started long before she dated George Clooney, entered into a marriage relationship with George Clooney, and gave birth to twins.
 But didn't you claim you'd never even heard of her before she was linked with George?  You still haven't given any reason for why you distrust Amal.

Honestly, please give this up.  You don't like her and that's fine.  
Katie, I clearly understand Amal did not present a court case, before the United Nations,

I clearly understand, "The actual case where Amal wants to prosecute Isis for various war crimes is a real thing"  However the "facts" regarding that "court case" have not been presented.

I have not mention Syria, so it seems I've hit a nerve.

The Yazidi case is what we're talking about here.  Not everything every thing else in the life of Amal.

I will admit the news reports:  "Amal Clooney wants to prosecute ISIS commanders for rape" was muddle with the actual story Amal presented at the United Nations.  It was a while ago, I'm not surprised you can find the blog. 

Not withstanding the muddled news reports, with or without the explanation from bloggers, I understood then and understand now the FACTS about Amal "real" court case have NOT been presented.

I knew of Amal long before it was reported she was dating George Clooney.  You're right I have not given extensive information as to why or how the distrust started.

It's you who don't like Amal.  I'm the one who don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 13:30

Oh yes, Iraq, not Syria - my mistake.

I can't help you with 'facts' because I honestly have no idea what facts you think you should know that haven't already been published but I guess you haven't read.  I think you've widely misunderstood what Amal's trying to do and that's why you can't find the facts.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by party animal - not! on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 14:09

The Sinjar Mountains are on the border of Iraq and Syria.......an easy target for either nation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They had already suffered under Saddam Hussein's reign and earlier the Turks, and once  again left on the mountain defenceless against bombs falling from aircraft

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9259
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 14:23

Ladybug - Would you please give us a definition of the word "fact". I'm beginning to think we're not speaking the same language.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 14:39

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - Would you please give us a definition of the word "fact". I'm beginning to think we're not speaking the same language.
Definition of fact: a piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 15:46

Definition of "fact" from Webster's Dictionary:
    
      1. Something known to have occurred or to be true.
      2. The quality of being actual
      3.The statement of something done or known to be true

NO mention of being used as evidence or being reported in the media - just that a thing is known to be true - something that can be proved.

Your definition of a fact allows for a lot of untruths to be called facts, which is fine if you like being lied to. I think everything Amal spoke about at the UN can be considered a fact under Webster's definition. Even though most of what our president says is covered in the media, and possibly soon presented as evidence in court, most of it would fit your definition of "fact", but not Webster's - and not mine.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 22:50

LizzyNY wrote:Definition of "fact" from Webster's Dictionary:
    
      1. Something known to have occurred or to be true.
      2. The quality of being actual
      3.The statement of something done or known to be true

NO mention of being used as evidence or being reported in the media - just that a thing is known to be true - something that can be proved.

Your definition of a fact allows for a lot of untruths to be called facts, which is fine if you like being lied to. I think everything Amal spoke about at the UN can be considered a fact under Webster's definition. Even though most of what our president says is covered in the media, and possibly soon presented as evidence in court, most of it would fit your definition of "fact", but not Webster's - and not mine.
Legal Dictionary:

n. evidence which tends to prove something which is relative to the issues in a lawsuit or criminal prosecution.
See also: probative  probative value 



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The People's Law Dictionary by Gerald and Kathleen Hill [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Publisher Fine Communications
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 00:09

Ladybug - That is not the basic definition of a fact. It is a legal definition of what is considered  a "fact" in court in the course of a lawsuit or trial. If that narrow definition of a fact is the one you operate by, then there is a lot of known, accepted, provable information that you would have to consider false because it hasn't been considered as part of a matter in court.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 00:57

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - That is not the basic definition of a fact. It is a legal definition of what is considered  a "fact" in court in the course of a lawsuit or trial. If that narrow definition of a fact is the one you operate by, then there is a lot of known, accepted, provable information that you would have to consider false because it hasn't been considered as part of a matter in court.
Interesting...
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 07:19

No, not interesting.  I don't believe it's ever been proved in a court case that water is wet. Therefore, by your definition, ladybug, it's not a fact that water is wet.  I also believe that it's not been legally proved that the sun is hot.  Therefore it's not a fact that the sun is hot.  According to you, anyway.

Seriously, this is getting silly.  You've misunderstood a presentation that Amal Clooney made, then misunderstood what was explained to you [or so you say, I can't find that conversation on this site] and blamed others for that misunderstanding, then you claimed that information that's widely available doesn't exist, then changed the definition of 'facts' to try to make it seem like you're right.  

If you want facts about Amal Clooney's actions, you can look them up for yourself because all the information you could need is out there.  But I suggest that you look them up in quality news media and actually read the articles and don't just rely on what you can glean from the headlines of the entertainment pages of the Daily Mail.

In the meantime, I ask you to stop the disparaging comments unless you've got something to back it up.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:02

Oh my God, this 'conversation' has induced flashbacks of one very big reason I'm divorced.

Way2Old4Dis
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:21

lol!     Know just where you're coming from. Also one reason why it's a bad idea to arm teachers in the classroom!  Very Happy
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5176
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:04

Also probably the reason I don't have children!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by annemarie on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:07

Lizzy I spit my juice all over the keyboard with that comment lol.

But you are so right.

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6054
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:28

Not withstanding the muddled news reports, with or without the explanation from bloggers, I understood then and understand now the FACTS about Amal "real" court case involving ISIS commanders who are being prosecuted for rape, Yazidi genocide as defined and punishable under International Law, and other war crimes... have NOT been presented.

That's the truth.

I told you when Amal presents her "court case" I will take the time to read it.  Until that time whatever Amal has written is just a story.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Admin on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 16:31

ladybugcngc wrote: I understood then and understand now the FACTS about Amal "real" court case involving ISIS commanders who are being prosecuted for rape, Yazidi genocide as defined and punishable under International Law, and other war crimes... have NOT been presented.
If that's what you think you've understood then I rest my case: you have no understanding of what she's doing. But no worries. It's not like it matters what any of us think of her.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 17:06

Admin wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote: I understood then and understand now the FACTS about Amal "real" court case involving ISIS commanders who are being prosecuted for rape, Yazidi genocide as defined and punishable under International Law, and other war crimes... have NOT been presented.
 If that's what you think you've understood then I rest my case: you have no understanding of what she's doing.  But no worries.  It's not like it matters what any of us think of her.  
That is what I know to be truth.  I'm glad to know this case has rested. 

It's always nice to get to a place where two people can agree to disagree. 

Now, maybe we can friendship hug it out  Hug1 .
avatar
ladybugcngc
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 21:15

Hi there,
I have stepped away from the George world for 4 years now. Lot has happened. I got my Masters Degree, my mom died 2 years ago. My whole focus on life changed. I no longer idolize George as much. I have thrown our lots of George stuff. My priorities changed. His picture still hangs on my wall. Still not an Amal fan. I like her work, but I would have hoped she would have been more down to earth. You know the kind of person who would put on some jeans and a casamigos T-shirt and hang out. Too stuffy for me.
Anyway, I just came by to say hello and wish you all well!
avatar
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 563
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 21:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 563
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 21:18

Picture of me and my dear friend Ann during a hilight of my George love.
avatar
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 563
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by it's me on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 22:46

George with you!? affraid
avatar
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 17466
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by ktsue2002 on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 00:21

With the help of photoshop.
avatar
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 563
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum