George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal: Like or Dislike?

+55
Admin
Rachel
Pita428
Mazy
cupcake
playfuldeb
Atalante
Margaret
Picachu
Boshkash
socimar
George Fan
madsky
pippilotta
Maggy
Cece42
melbert
ace
happycat
isogotit
blubelle
silly willy
NewFanForever
bamboochacha
LornaDoone
Carla97
jd68
Dior
premiere
kmoo
it's me
fava
Way2Old4Dis
Lighterside
Butterfly
theminis
sparkie
Pari
Katiedot
Sevens
Carolina Gal
Philippago
justpassinthrough
party animal - not!
amaretti
LizzyNY
Joanna
marysunshine
lelacorb
catwoman
lourdes flores
Nicky80
ktsue2002
annemarie
What Would He Say
59 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Amal: Like or Dislike? - Page 3 Empty Re: Amal: Like or Dislike?

Post by catwoman Thu 27 Mar 2014, 15:31

To tell the truth, I really like GC, but until now did not understand what his business. These relationships with women unlikely, without any attachment. I remember when he dated the Elisabetta, I saw a desire in his eyes, but was surprised when they finished in one day and the next day he was laughing happily at a table surrounded by friends bar, as if nothing had happened, when we end a relationship, it is normal to be a little upset, but he looked like the happiest person in the world, which proves that he felt nothing for her.

This relationship with Amal I understand even less. She is very different from other women he dated.
It also will not seem to want just a affair without commitment. Unless George has changed a lot of opinion, I do not understand all this.

Well, that's just my simple opinion
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 27 Mar 2014, 15:39

It's irrelevant really tho, isn't it? He doesn't want to marry......would probably suit them both...

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 15:59

sparkie wrote:And given that Amal with all her education, life experience. knowledge and belief in equality she is also a daughter that comes from a family and country that so steeped in tradition that she would in turn accept an arranged marriage out of her deep seated love, respect and belief of both her family's wishes and culture. She would not be the first.

There is no tradition of arranged marriages in Lebanon. Please get your facts straight before spewing this stuff as the country's "culture." Beirut was a cosmopolitan city, considered the Paris of the Middle East before the Israel/Palestine war took place. It isn't a backward third world country.

I don't see a woman that has spent so much time earning an unbeatable education and using that education to forge a great career turning around to marry a man (albeit a rich, gorgeous man) unless she wanted to and thought she was going to be an equal partner in the marriage.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 27 Mar 2014, 17:16

I don't think George won't get married ANYWAY.
He always said he hadn't really considered that question ever since his divorce, and the never get married again thing was quoted right after that divorce.
That doesn't mean IF he does think of this marriage question nowadays, he would make the same choice.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 27 Mar 2014, 19:17

PAN - It's been a long time since he said he'll NEVER get married again. More recently he's said he doesn't see himself getting married, he doesn't think he will, and he's tired of talking about it.

Personally, I don't think he will, but he's getting to a point where his on-screen career is slowing down, he's getting older and he may be more open to a long term commitment with someone he really cares about. Circumstances and people change. If he meets someone special enough he might feel he's at the right time in his life to change.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ace Thu 27 Mar 2014, 19:36

I like Amal in so far as you like some one that you don't know. Barristers I know can be charming, good looking, smart and carry themselves very well. At university friends of mine who became barristers would be part of drama clubs as acting is a key part of winning a jury in a trial. So I would assume Amal can carry herself well in public and interviews etc on behalf of George.

But looking at Hollywood relationships those that seem the most solid are those where one partner is in the supporting role or maybe not famous. Matt Damon comes to mind in the sense his wife supports him in his acting and takes care of the family. Jennifer Gardner since her and Ben had kids makes them a priority then her career as an actress. I also thought maybe that's what George needs. Some one who is smart and can challenge him but only participates in publicity when it's for him to promote something. This is all just my opinion as I don't know any of these people.

Last edited by ace on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 20:22; edited 1 time in total

ace
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 20:05

moved the post about Amals work here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 28 Mar 2014, 01:16

happycat wrote:I don't know enough about Amal to like or dislike her at this point.  She seems so different from  previous girlfriends that it makes me feel a little uneasy, but in all fairness and honesty that uneasiness may just stem from the fear that she may actually be the ONE that he finally commits to completely.  Of course I want him to be happy but a shameful, selfish part of me likes the roguishness of single George.    Just me telling my truth.

@Happycat.... You can be my therapist!

You could be on to something, I started this thread because I felt very uneasy about this relationship, my gut just wasn't buying Amal.

But maybe as you pointed out so well " a shameful, selfish part of me likes the roguishness of a single George" I haven't seen the "old" roguish George since Abbey Road, there has been a change in him, I commented here on the change in him - nothing to do with Amal- just a more serious George.

Bearing this in mind.... Could it be LOVE that caused the rogue to get serious?

And could my gut have got its wires crossed ? Doubtful  Shocked 

What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 01:34

Patti Stranger...The Millionaire Matcher maker always says the penis does the picking!

Perhaps in this case not..

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 28 Mar 2014, 02:23

I just got a visual!!!  hahahahahaha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 02:39

The last time I posted a reply about AA, I got into a lot of trouble, I said I thought she was phoney, with her coy little smile, well I still feel the same. I read people on here say they thought she was arrrogant, I also feel this way. But let me say if I was with GC I would also be arrogant and a smile on my face from ear to ear. I think she likes being seen with George, as this gets her well known all over the world, never heard of her before. And lets not forget she is still seventeen years younger than GC. Have read things about her that make me unsettled, can't put my finger on it. OK just my opinion.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Fri 28 Mar 2014, 02:42

Cece42 wrote:The last time I posted a reply about AA, I got into a lot of trouble, I said I thought she was phoney, with her coy little smile, well I still feel the same.  I read people on here say they thought she was arrrogant, I also feel this way. But let me say if I was with GC I would also be arrogant and a smile on my face from ear to ear.  I think she likes being seen   with George, as this gets her well known all over the world, never heard of her before.  And lets not forget she is still seventeen years younger than GC.  Have read things about her that make me unsettled, can't put my finger on it. OK just my opinion.

You have my support Cece42 as I have the same feelings as you.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 Mar 2014, 03:34

What is it about this woman? I'm sure Happycat is right that there's some jealousy involved, but he's been with plenty of women before and none of them bothered me the way she does. I don't think it's because she may be "the one", because I'd like to see him settled with someone. It's HER - and I don't know why. WWHS I don't think your gut feeling is wrong at all.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 28 Mar 2014, 06:33

LizzyNY wrote:What is it about this woman? I'm sure Happycat is right that there's some jealousy involved, but he's been with plenty of women before and none of them bothered me the way she does. I don't think it's because she may be "the one", because I'd like to see him settled with someone. It's HER - and I don't know why. WWHS I don't think your gut feeling is wrong at all.

@Lizzy, thanks. In this instance I kinda wish it was wrong. You just feel this "could or should" be perfection, which would be great for George... But that damn "feeling". Suspect Suspect 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 06:41

That's the same thing satan said "you could and you should be perfection" to Eve.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Fri 28 Mar 2014, 09:52

catwoman wrote:
happycat wrote:I don't know enough about Amal to like or dislike her at this point.  She seems so different from  previous girlfriends that it makes me feel a little uneasy, but in all fairness and honesty that uneasiness may just stem from the fear that she may actually be the ONE that he finally commits to completely.  Of course I want him to be happy but a shameful, selfish part of me likes the roguishness of single George.    Just me telling my truth.

I agree with you

I was travelling and had only bad data connection. So, I could read but not participate. Anyway I'd like to agree with you. Amal is different, but IMO that is not enough to be 'the one'. I have got the impression that there is someone who is working hard on her image (she?, her mother?, anyone else?)
So what, like many other poster in this forum Have already mentioned: the time will show. And meanwhile I join you in whishing him all the best and for you or us I found a really nice yoke on this site:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 bounce 
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 28 Mar 2014, 13:56

I don't dislike Amal, and I agree with Katie I should like her more, but I think I have kind of figured out why, and it has little to do with her.  I always thought that George's girlfriends had a lot to do with the girlfriend publicity craziness.  Maybe because until now most of the girlfriends seemed like their occupation was seeking fame, and they courted it.  

Now with the rollout of Amal resembling the others with the same stories (smitten, different, love, the one), and there is no real benefit for Amal- trust me a lot of people in her profession are going to think she is nuts for being with a movie star-even of George's caliber.  I  am forced to admit what you old time fans have been saying, it is all very carefully orchestrated by George himself.  Please no one gets professionally papped on a safari in Tanzania unless they want to especially since we haven't seen pictures of him for weeks.  He can keep things quiet if he wants- he wanted it out there.  

The timing bothers me too.  Right after Stacy gets married and is pregnant.  Then all the stories about how smart Amal is, implying how dumb the others are just bothers me.  I think he is smart enough to know that would happen, and that criticism really bothers me.     

I know I have been critical of his old girlfriends to some extent by how they looked, but I don't think we should do that with Amal.  My difference is if you put yourself out there as your occupation is getting famous, purely by your looks or who you are with, you are fair game. Obviously, most of the others wanted to be judged by it or they wouldn't pose in their underwear or less. Amal has an occupation that doesn't have anything to do with that, so she deserves a pass in my opinion.  Looks also shouldn't be the main reason people are together, just a very shallow idea to me.

I hope George is happy, and this isn't just the same old same old with a slight twist which I am starting to get the feeling he orchestrated the "intelligent twist" to improve his image.  I know he doesn't need to, but let's not forget ego, I think his image means a lot to him too.  Hopefully though he is just a creature of habit he couldn't help himself.  This is the only way he knows how to rollout a public girlfriend.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Fri 28 Mar 2014, 14:11

As long as all these girlfriends know it is iron clad with George he is not going to get married, they can stay with him or be apart from him. The rule is: NO MARRIAGE. I do not think he will change. To him they are all just ORNAMENTS. Sounds cold, barrister or not, that is what I think they are to him. I have no idea what Amal's motivations are. MOST of these gals it is to get more fame using George, maybe have a little fun. Then they get kicked to the curb at some point in time. We only have seen this pattern every single time and it is just a common joke the way George acts. The perpetual bachelor.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Fri 28 Mar 2014, 14:22

Cece42 wrote:The last time I posted a reply about AA, I got into a lot of trouble, I said I thought she was phoney, with her coy little smile, well I still feel the same.  I read people on here say they thought she was arrrogant, I also feel this way. But let me say if I was with GC I would also be arrogant and a smile on my face from ear to ear.  I think she likes being seen   with George, as this gets her well known all over the world, never heard of her before.  And lets not forget she is still seventeen years younger than GC.  Have read things about her that make me unsettled, can't put my finger on it. OK just my opinion.

I said I thought she was arrogant.

I really think she very arrogant in some photos. It shows a superior look, as if he found better than other people. I had not seen that look of superiority of his other girlfriends

Now I don' t know if it is like that, or is feeling awesome to be dating George C
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 28 Mar 2014, 14:56

Bottom line, the only real difference between Amal and the other women is her profession, and the success she's had in it. Other than that, she's young, she's pretty, and she's ambitious, just like the rest of them.

When the question they all had to ask themselves (Will dating George Clooney help me or hurt me?) is answered, Amal is the only one who had items in both columns. She had an actual decision to make. And to tell you the truth, I think George would probably like having more of a 'hunt,' the fact that she could have possibly said 'no.'

But here's the thing. Now Amal can't claim to fall victim to the Clooney treatment and hype. She saw it from the outside, and she had a chance to weigh it before jumping in. (The hype being:  "He must love me; he took me to Como with his friends." No, he took you to Como because that's where the fuck he was going. "But I met his parents, and our families spent time together." If anybody spends enough time with George, they're going to meet his parents along the way.) In other words, there has to be some other thing that Amal feels makes her special. If she knows it and it's real, then that might explain the arrogance or smugness or whatever it is some of us see in her.

But my gut feeling is that what we're seeing and hearing about is the flush of the 'capture' on one side, and the triumph of the reverse chase on the other.

I don't think Amal is all that different from the other women. She has a better pedigree on paper, and a vocabulary to go with it. But I'm coming to the conclusion that one of the things that makes me wary of her is the perception of her being entitled to be called 'better' by sheer fact of her career.

But again, that's only one thing. The other(s) are intangible. It feels like waiting for the second shoe to fall. You just know it's coming.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 28 Mar 2014, 16:17

In my humble opinion, continue to read that George has finally found a woman at his level, George makes it seem like a poor fool who has spent 52 years of his life to find an intelligent woman. It did not take too long?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:06

jd68 wrote:
sparkie wrote:And given that Amal with all her education, life experience. knowledge and belief in equality she is also a daughter that comes from a family and country that so steeped in tradition that she would in turn accept an arranged marriage out of her deep seated love, respect and belief of both her family's wishes and culture. She would not be the first.

There is no tradition of arranged marriages in Lebanon. Please get your facts straight before spewing this stuff as the country's "culture." Beirut was a cosmopolitan city, considered the Paris of the Middle East before the Israel/Palestine war took place. It isn't a backward third world country.

I don't see a woman that has spent so much time earning an unbeatable education and using that education to forge a great career turning around to marry a man (albeit a rich, gorgeous man) unless she wanted to and thought she was going to be an equal partner in the marriage.  

Beirut??? I believe it was the most beautiful city in the world before the Israel/Palestione war.  I lived in Saudi Arabia at that time and all the creme de la creme would take off for the weekend to cosmopolitan Beirut.  Fantastic hotels, theaters, casinos, the international designers boutiques in Hamra Street (better than Rodeo drive), the amazing drive called La Corniche, the sea on one side and the mountains of Lebanon on the other, the unbelievable restaurants, the Italian ice cream parlors where the ice cream was even better than in Italy, the cafes where you could hear several languages spoken at the same time, then the churches and the museums, it had it all.  It was called the Paris of the Middle East but because of the sea I thought it was even better.  And the money?  A lot of people had a lot of money, you could see the latest cars driving up and down in Hamra Street or parked in front of the casino.

Hey, they even have a Starbuck now:

Part of La Corniche with the hotel pools and young Lebanese people having fun in the pool:

socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by happycat Fri 28 Mar 2014, 23:32

I've been looking at all the photos posted and one thing that stands out is when looking at the camera she always has her head tilted slightly and seems to be glancing off in a very coy way as if "oh you caught me!"
When she's photographed with other people she always seems to be looking beyond them or at something behind them. Why don't we see her looking anyone in the eye (esp. G!)? I don't know---it just seems odd. Perhaps I am just nitpicking; then again this often is a behavior associated with people trying to hide something or with dishonesty. Insights welcomed.
happycat
happycat
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 28 Mar 2014, 23:42

She's looking all googly-eyed at him in a couple of the vacation pictures and after the October dinner.

...But I know exactly the look you're talking about.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by happycat Sat 29 Mar 2014, 00:29

@ W2O4D--Thank you! I thought it was just my paranoia. In overdrive. Maybe this is why I feel uneasy about her.
happycat
happycat
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by happycat Sat 29 Mar 2014, 00:30

@ W2O4D--Thank you! I thought it was just my paranoia. In overdrive. Maybe this is why I feel uneasy about her.
happycat
happycat
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Mar 2014, 00:41

catwoman wrote:I really think she very arrogant in some photos. It shows a superior look, as if he found better than other people. I  had not seen that look of superiority of his other girlfriends

Oh Catwoman, each and every one of them have a picture or video (or dozens of them) that have been commented on where they are showing an air of superiority/arrogance/ "I've got him and you don't" look. And I bet a gazillion dollars that each and every one of US would have at least one picture with him where we would look the same.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Mar 2014, 01:53

@Mel - Amen! Very Happy What struck me about the photos is that there's always distance between them. Except for a couple of the vacation photos there's no physical contact. She either walks ahead or behind him. He didn't even open the car door for her. At first I thought it was because the paps were there, but by now he knows it's all over the media that he's found a new gf. Why would he still try to hide their connection by keeping her at arms distance? (Although I'm sure it's different in private.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Sat 29 Mar 2014, 02:31

LizzyNY wrote:@Mel - Amen! Very Happy   What struck me about the photos is that there's always distance between them. Except for a couple of the vacation photos there's no physical contact. She either walks ahead or behind him. He didn't even open the car door for her. At first I thought it was because the paps were there, but by now he knows it's all over the media that he's found a new gf. Why would he still try to hide their connection by keeping her at arms distance? (Although I'm sure it's different in private.)

I noticed the same thing. He's not hiding it. He's very comfortable around the paps. There's no chivalry on his behalf with her. They seem more like friends than bf/gf.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 29 Mar 2014, 03:07

If they're just friends he would have denied all the new GF coverage long time ago...let alone all the EXCLUSIVE vacation photos...
And Amal has NO reason to hang around with him dating and having vacation for three weeks(maybe more we just don't know)without going back to UK
They're definitely living together I bet
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Sat 29 Mar 2014, 03:13

Sevens wrote:If they're just friends he would have denied all the new GF coverage long time ago...let alone all the EXCLUSIVE vacation photos...
And Amal has NO reason to hang around with him dating and having vacation for three weeks(maybe more we just don't know)without going back to UK
They're definitely living together I bet

They're definitely living together. I meant it just doesn't seem like they're bf/gf the way they're acting together. Definitely dating. Just strange, though.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Mar 2014, 03:16

Maybe just friends with benefits. Wink 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 29 Mar 2014, 07:06

melbert wrote:
catwoman wrote:I really think she very arrogant in some photos. It shows a superior look, as if he found better than other people. I  had not seen that look of superiority of his other girlfriends

Oh Catwoman, each and every one of them have a picture or video (or dozens of them) that have been commented on where they are showing an air of superiority/arrogance/ "I've got him and you don't" look.  And I bet a gazillion dollars that each and every one of US would have at least one picture with him where we would look the same.  

Now Im not a betting woman, but on that you are right Melbert -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:04

In real life, at least my real life, one bf doesn't follow another without any down time. It takes time to process the relationship that has ended before I can move on. I guess it's different for G. He seems to move on rather quickly. One relationship ends and he's on to another. I guess that's why I question the sincerity of them, but who knows, certainly not I.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:13

I don't know about them "living together."

She may be staying with him but for them to be living together someone would have gotten pictures of her moving in cause I'm sure the paps would have been all over it.

And given that she's a UK citizen, if she were going to be living with him she'd have to get a longer visa which would probably be public record so I'm sure any number of news media outlets are keeping watch on public records to see if she's applied for something like that.

Who knows.

I like how she looks, love, love, love her hair (wish I had it), like that she's a barrister and that's she's probably pretty smart.

My dream girl for George (of course after me HA) is Julianna.  That to me would be like a fairy tale relationship - at least in my mind.  But if it can't be me or Julianna, then Amal is pretty good.  Of course again, tempered with a cautious look at her politics so as to not cause him any harm with his work.

Hoping for the best in the end, like ktsue just hoping he's happy and that she doesn't turn out to be a bitch in disguise.

You know those women who are really great on the surface and in public and BEFORE you marry them but then you find that all the time she was a totally calculating bitch who was just putting on a facade until she got the hook in you and then her REAL personality comes out.  

Have seen that with a really good guy that I know.  His wife duped him for several years during their courting stage and then when he finally married her - the REAL person came out but by that time he was stuck.  He's got a lucrative orthodontic practice and if he broke up with her he'd be in the shits financially. His sister who is a good friend of mine said he won't leave his wife till his youngest is 18 so he's got a few more years before he can do that.

So a cautionary tale and will keep hoping for the best for George.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:20

Well, we think he does, but I think he and Stacy probably finished way before the announcement now, and for all we know he may by that time have already met Amal through SSP.........

Julia Roberts' speech at the Britannia Awards now seems more interesting.......'and now England wants you'.en.......

Poor bloke - people watching out for the three year thing - and then, if he ever did marry people watching out for the three year thing again

Best not to bother - as he says 'I don't question other people's life choices'.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:48

@Lorna - I'm more concerned with the effect her political views could have on his friendships than his career. If she is truly pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel he may have a problem. The saying "Some of my best friends are..." is true for him - some of his best friends ARE Jewish. I guess it depends on whether she feels the need to argue her position and bring his friends over to her point of view - which IMO is guaranteed to cause trouble.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sat 29 Mar 2014, 19:47

melbert wrote:

Oh Catwoman, each and every one of them have a picture or video (or dozens of them) that have been commented on where they are showing an air of superiority/arrogance/ "I've got him and you don't" look.  And I bet a gazillion dollars that each and every one of US would have at least one picture with him where we would look the same.  

sorry, but I didn 't notice that look of arrogance on Stacy and Sarah...

Amal isn't a mature and successful woman? Why behave like this?
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:07

happycat wrote:I've been looking at all the photos posted and one thing that stands out is when looking at the camera she always has her head tilted slightly and seems to be  glancing off in a very coy way as if "oh you caught me!"
When she's photographed with other people she always seems to be looking beyond them or at something behind them.  Why don't we see her looking anyone in the eye (esp. G!)?  I don't know---it just seems odd.   Perhaps I am just nitpicking; then again this often is a behavior associated with people trying to hide something or with dishonesty.   Insights welcomed.

How about she's shy about getting photographed? Oh wait, she's a lawyer. Probably not. Then again...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:43

She is not from the entertainment field, maybe she doesn't appreciate the paps? We haven't seen her talk to ppl, so why judging her by her behavior towards paps??

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:37

Just curious - maybe someone in the UK would know - does she get much coverage in the press over there? (Pre-George, of course)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 30 Mar 2014, 02:15

No, no at all, but obviously she's been at press conferences for people like Yulia Tymoshenko and often with Geoffrey Robertson, head of Doughty Street Chambers. Specialised stuff.

And clearly used to speaking to audiiences at the IBA, but those audiences are very specifically to do with the human rights/legal world...

So, for instance, you could spot her in the audience at the UN when Kofi Annan resigned from trying to resolve the Syria problems, and as Ben Emmerson's aide on drones she'll be there when he reports back to the UN. Again high profile specialised stuff but unless you're interested or involved in this world, you wouldn't be aware of her. Til now.......

Oh, looking at the video, I think she held her hair in to stop it getting caught on the car door....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 02:43

I think she is probably used to the press in her work, but it is totally different when you are being photographed for the world to see and your boyfriends fans to judge.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Mar 2014, 03:02

Thanks, PAN - I just wondered how used she was to being in the limelight or getting press coverage. Since she started dating George the media have made her seem like a celebrity in her own right. I imagine she is pretty well known in legal circles and her participation in the cases she works on would require her to be fairly poised and able to handle media coverage. I can't buy the "shy" image with the press, as she travels in pretty heady circles for her job.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 30 Mar 2014, 04:01

Wow I hope it's not just me, but the more I see her the more I dislike her, she has become arrogant and smug in my opinion.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 30 Mar 2014, 05:37

sigh...

I've come to the conclusion that she could be freaking Mother Theresa and there'd still be someone who'd find fault.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 05:38; edited 1 time in total
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sun 30 Mar 2014, 05:38

Cece42 wrote:Wow I hope it's  not just me, but the more I see her the more I dislike her, she has become arrogant and smug in my opinion.

Who wouldn't be!! cheers cheers

Take him down Amal! Basketball Basketball

Last edited by NewFanForever on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 05:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additonal thought)

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Mar 2014, 05:55

Lorna - I know you're right, and I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she still makes me uneasy. Maybe it's just that she seems too good to be true -smart, pretty, accomplished - I mean, everyone has some faults. - And it all seems so quick. I just hope he's thinking with his head and not some other body part.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sun 30 Mar 2014, 06:14

LizzyNY wrote:Lorna - I know you're right, and I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she still makes me uneasy. Maybe it's just that she seems too good to be true -smart, pretty, accomplished - I mean, everyone has some faults. - And it all seems so quick. I just hope he's thinking with his head and not some other body part.

Yep "P" does the picking.

It doesn't really matter to us who GC he goes with.

Even if GC was a relative and asked our counsel...he would still probably do what he wanted! iMo Love7

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 30 Mar 2014, 07:58

Cece42 wrote:Wow I hope it's  not just me, but the more I see her the more I dislike her, she has become arrogant and smug in my opinion.

Wow interesting comment seeing as there's only a handle of pictures to date, it amazes me how people can judge someone by a picture and not actually know them
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next