George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
General chit chat for February - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

General chit chat for February

+18
macs
GalaxyLover
silly girl
Michelle meyers
Maggy
LornaDoone
lucy
Cinderella
MyGirlKylie
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
melbert
pattygirl
Joanna
it's me
cindigirl
zizi
Katiedot
22 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

General chit chat for February - Page 8 Empty Re: General chit chat for February

Post by melbert Mon 27 Feb 2012, 19:00

You poor thing CindiGirl! I don't have any good remedies, sorry!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

General chit chat for February - Page 8 Empty Re: General chit chat for February

Post by Joanna Mon 27 Feb 2012, 19:09

cindi...have a look at Nuture; Clarity or Breathing blend of oils.

I know Clarity is good for sinus heads

Put a few drops in boiled hot water and inhale the steam

http://www.penny-price.com/acatalog/Pure_Essential_Oils_for_Bath_Vaporiser.html
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 27 Feb 2012, 20:20

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad, CindiGirl! I hate taking medicine and don't unless I absolutely have to. I have used Theraflu before and it seemed to get rid of the symptoms. I hope that helps.
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 27 Feb 2012, 22:04

Cute video of a dog trying to get her "treasure" into her kennel. This dog is clearly not Uggie material but she gets her way eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r27TgAHjYuo

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 28 Feb 2012, 00:44

LOL See if that was Dex he would have started crying! I watched the dog that doesn't want to go to sleep too, very funny. Animals can be so much fun!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 28 Feb 2012, 03:38

Oooh, cold sores aren't fun. The 'natural' remedy for them is cold coffee (make a really heavily concentrated cup of real coffee, then when it's cool dunk a cotton wool bud into it and apply cold coffee lightly to the cold sore every hour or so) but I think you'd be better going to the pharmacy and getting a cream for it.

As for sinus, can't help you there - other than a steam inhalation recommended by Joanna above - but if you've also got a sore throat and swollen glands, go to your local Indian or Thai restaurant and order the hottest, spiciest curry they have.

There are a lot of antiseptic and healing qualities in the kinds of spices used in curries, plus the chili burn will do some serious damage to pretty much all but the most vicious throat infections.

There's no cure for the cold other than rest, keeping warm, making sure you're hydrated and of course eating properly. Your body needs good nutrition to fight off the virus.

I'm not a believer in vitamin tablets, but if your appetite is down because of the illness, then now is fine to pop open a pack of multivitamins just to get you over the next few days.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:18

Oh lord, can someone tell me the secret to stop procrastinating? I've got four press releases to write and what am I doing? Checking this site.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 28 Feb 2012, 13:27

cindi, I've had a lot of luck with Abreva for the cold sores. As for the rest, last time I was afflicted, I used Musinex DM and got rid of it in about 3 days. It can be a real bitch to have. Hope it goes away soon.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 28 Feb 2012, 16:44

Thanks everybody for your advice and well wishes. Feeling a bit better today (I think). Still gasping because cold has hit my chest, I feel like an elephant is sitting on it LOL. Sorry if I'm whining too much today, I'm not used to being sick.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 28 Feb 2012, 17:39

The Story of Adam & Eve's Pets

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.'

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal and God was pleased.
And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.' And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG.'

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased.
And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.' And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve. And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings. And Adam and Eve learned humility...

And they were greatly improved. And God was pleased... And Dog was happy.

And Cat . . . didn't give a shit one way or the other.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 28 Feb 2012, 17:55

Great joke cindi....hope you get well soon and look out for that Elephant poo !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 28 Feb 2012, 19:47

If you like horses read on, but have a tissue handy.
A very moving story from OZ.....with a happy ending.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107521/Bravery-young-mother-stayed-horses-hours-getting-trapped-mud-like-quicksand.html?ICO=most_read_module
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 17:54

True love - short and sweet. LOL

A woman was sipping on a glass of wine, while sitting on the patio with her husband, and she says, "I love you so much; I don't know how I could ever live without you.
"Her husband asks, "Is that you, or the wine talking?"

She replies, "It's me .............. Talking to the wine."

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 29 Feb 2012, 18:03

lol! 10 out of 10
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 29 Feb 2012, 18:23

I just heard on my BBC news that Davy Jones of the Monkeys
has died of a heart attack in Florida.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 29 Feb 2012, 18:25

I nearly "Did a melbert" looking at these pictures of "The Leg !"
Some are SO funny Sofa bounce

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2107370/Angelina-Jolie-Oscars-2012-right-leg-pose-goes-viral.html

Sorry.....wrong thread
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 18:47

Thanks Joanna. The turkey picture was my favorite. LOL

"Winging it: From Turkey's to royalty, nothing is escaping Angie's scrawny right leg"

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 18:48

I just heard about Davy Jones too...I loved him and the Monkees...so sad... Crying or Very sad

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 29 Feb 2012, 19:01

So sad about Davy Jones...used to love the Monkees..
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 19:21

So sorry to hear about Davey Jones.

Here's vid of one of my FAVORITE Monkees songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzs5dlLrm0

Wow, check it out, 78 responses on the video about his death in the last few minutes.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 29 Feb 2012, 20:50

IM, check email.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Feb 2012, 21:04

Smart Ass Answers

It was mealtime during an airline flight.
'Would you like dinner?', the flight attendant asked John, seated in
front. 'What are my choices?' John asked. 'Yes or no,' she replied.

A flight attendant was stationed at the departure gate to check
tickets. As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket and he opened his trench coat and flashed her. Without missing a beat, she said, 'Sir, I need to see your ticket, not your stub.'

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but
she couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock
boy, ' Do these turkeys get any bigger?' The stock boy replied, 'No ma'am, they're dead....'

A woman is standing nude looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not
happy with what she sees and says to her husband, 'I feel horrible; I
look old, fat and ugly... I really need you to pay me a compliment.'
The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 29 Feb 2012, 21:30

poisson davril to this hubby
idem to the wine one wife!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Feb 2012, 23:40

LOL Very funny! It's sad about Davy I loved the monkees growing up and will always remember him on The Brady Bunch. RIP Davy.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8