George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
General chit chat for February - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

General chit chat for February

+18
macs
GalaxyLover
silly girl
Michelle meyers
Maggy
LornaDoone
lucy
Cinderella
MyGirlKylie
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
melbert
pattygirl
Joanna
it's me
cindigirl
zizi
Katiedot
22 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

General chit chat for February - Page 3 Empty Re: General chit chat for February

Post by Joanna Sat 11 Feb 2012, 20:52

If you have an elderly widowed person in your life, they might enjoy a friendly greeting card from you on Valentines Day ?
I send one to a very elderly friend every year and she LOVES it.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

General chit chat for February - Page 3 Empty Re: General chit chat for February

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:33

Cinderella wrote:Sounds good but I don't have to-kill-you in my kitchen. scratch

what?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:48

Yes, It's Me... after I posted that I read it again and thought it was pretty funny! So I left it.

It was my answer to Lucy. I think she was referring to Tequila. I don't have Tequila in my kitchen.
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:57

ahhhhh

Tequila!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:57

Cinderella neither do I, that stuff is dangerous.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 11 Feb 2012, 23:23

More dangerous if you eat the worm. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 23:26

blethhh!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:20

There was just a news flash on CBS New York that singer Whitney Houston just died. I feel so bad. She was only 48. No news yet what happened. She starred with Kevin Kostner in the movie Bodyguard.

Last edited by cindigirl on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:09; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:27

Long article and pictures here. Link below

Houston we have a problem... again! Whitney emerges from a nightclub looking extremely worse for wear
By J J ANISIOBI
Last updated at 3:09 PM on 10th February 2012
Comments (98)

According to Guinness World Records she is the most awarded female act of all time.
But having had a career that was once full of success at every turn Whitney Houston appears to be battling her demons once more.
The 48-year-old was spotted looking worse for wear last night in Hollywood, California after enjoying a party with friends.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2099347/Whitney-Houston-emerges-nightclub-looking-worse-wear.html#ixzz1m7uxHx00
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:30

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/whitney-houston-superstar-records-films-dies-15565063#.TzcWLZgaO20

Whitney Houston, Superstar of Records, Films, Dies

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY AP Music Writer
LOS ANGELES February 12, 2012 (AP)
Whitney Houston, who ruled as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.

Houston's publicist, Kristen Foster, said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

News of Houston's death came on the eve of music's biggest night — the Grammy Awards. It's a showcase where she once reigned, and her death was sure to case a heavy pall on Sunday's ceremony. Houston's longtime mentor Clive Davis was to hold his annual concert and dinner Saturday; it was unclear if it was going to go forward.

At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies, where she starred in hits like "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exhale."

She had the he perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual, who maintained perfect poise.

AP
File- In this Oct. 28, 2006, file photo,... View Full Caption
She influenced a generation of younger singers, from Christina Aguilera to Mariah Carey, who when she first came out sounded so much like Houston that many thought it was Houston.

But by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime.

"The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy," Houston told ABC's Diane Sawyer in an infamous 2002 interview with then-husband Brown by her side.

It was a tragic fall for a superstar who was one of the top-selling artists in pop music history, with more than 55 million records sold in the United States alone.

She seemed to be born into greatness. She was the daughter of gospel singer Cissy Houston, the cousin of 1960s pop diva Dionne Warwick and the goddaughter of Aretha Franklin.

Houston first started singing in the church as a child. In her teens, she sang backup for Chaka Khan, Jermaine Jackson and others, in addition to modeling. It was around that time when music mogul Clive Davis first heard Houston perform.

"The time that I first saw her singing in her mother's act in a club ... it was such a stunning impact," Davis told "Good Morning America."

"To hear this young girl breathe such fire into this song. I mean, it really sent the proverbial tingles up my spine," he added.

Before long, the rest of the country would feel it, too. Houston made her album debut in 1985 with "Whitney Houston," which sold millions and spawned hit after hit. "Saving All My Love for You" brought her her first Grammy, for best female pop vocal. "How Will I Know," ''You Give Good Love" and "The Greatest Love of All" also became hit singles.

Another multiplatinum album, "Whitney," came out in 1987 and included hits like "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody."
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:38

How very sad! My heart goes out to her family and friends!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:42

She was found dead at the Bevely Hilton Hotel in California. I'm tuning in to CNN and there's still no details.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:57

So talented, so unable to deal with the pressures of the entertainment industry. May God watch over her friends and family with Love at this difficult time. What a tremendous loss.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:29

davidarochelle wrote:So talented, so unable to deal with the pressures of the entertainment industry. May God watch over her friends and family with Love at this difficult time. What a tremendous loss.

That's a very heartfelt message davidarochelle.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Feb 2012, 03:42

I was shocked to hear this but after I thought about it I realized it wasn't so shocking.

She did very serious drugs and I've read about too many young people dying suddenly from heart attack. (Even if she wasn't currently doing drugs).

I don't know if that's what happened to her, but I would bet that's what comes out (if it wasn't an outright drug overdose).

So sad, she was such an amazingly talented woman. She had such a beautiful voice. And I remember when she sang the National Anthem so beautifully. When I saw that it was such a proud moment for me as an American.

My heart goes out to her family. I was also such a fan of Dionne Warwick who I believe is her aunt.

RIP

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 12 Feb 2012, 03:52

I heard/ read it first on facebook and this is what i said:

Too many deaths this year and last year. Etta james was hard enough. Don Cornelius???Whitney Houston SHOCKED me beyond belief. I can't even think straight. I wanted so badly to meet Whitney because when my cat, Sage, died the first song I heard was i will always love you and I got to meet Whitney. I was just making snow angels outside much earlier today.Whitney you are a snow angel! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to George Clooney for working with you last year. Please stay healthy and strong. i know you would rather have a ... i can't think right know whatever that surgery is and you don't go on facebook but THANK YOU!! STAY STRONG. You are my favorite person alive....and i was so lucky to actually spend my birthday with you filming Ides Of March. Please God slow down on all of these deaths. let there be more births not necessarily babies, persay, but... a new dawn
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 12 Feb 2012, 06:28

It was a shock to hear about Whitney I had read she was doing better but even if she had quit the years of drugs and partying cause damage and she would have had a lot of damage. Won't be surprised if it was an O.D either she just never seemed strong enough. Her poor daughter who had to watch her parents self destruct over the years. I hope her family and friends are around her at this time. We will always have her music which is a good thing!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:16

still shocked...

nice intro with lot of different looks

http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/morta-whitney-houston/whitney-houston-l-ultima-volta-alla-tv-italiana/87911?video

RIP
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 14:02

Has anyone heard from Katie? I know it is her birthday week but it has been awhile since I have seen a post by her....even when she is away she seems to be able to skim the board a bit...hope all is well...

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:55

From UTube, video of Whitney's last performance, taped Feb. 9th, 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litanT5C7y0&feature=player_embedded
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 16:21

beh???

http://phlg.tumblr.com/post/17421854985/wonderwallmsn-suddenly-it-seems-less

Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 16:41

Oh my God, what is he doing?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 16:59

combing Stan's hair cyclops

http://phlg.tumblr.com/post/17266019615

Suspect poor Stan....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 12 Feb 2012, 17:18

OH ROFLMAO. I thought he was still getting some of the salt from his margarita
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 17:51

Combing Stan's hair, hysterical - thanks it's me.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:43

too funny! Poor Stanley!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:03

I thought I'd let everyone know that I am very, very disappointed! Please forgive me my attitude but I feel I need to blow off some steam! Exploded
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:07

Thar she blows!!! Go for it Cinderella and I think that a few of us will join in...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:19

News is now reporting that Whitney's daughter Bobbi was taken by ambulance to the hospital this morning for an undisclosed medical condition.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:31

Thanks for understanding, Melbert! And it's nice that I'm not the only one.

Lorna, I read that earlier. I hope she's going to be okay!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:03

poor baby... Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyLover Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:54

silly girl wrote:Has anyone heard from Katie? I know it is her birthday week but it has been awhile since I have seen a post by her....even when she is away she seems to be able to skim the board a bit...hope all is well...

She is on holiday in Sri Lanka having a wonderful time I hope.
GalaxyLover
GalaxyLover
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 01:09

Cinderella wrote:I thought I'd let everyone know that I am very, very disappointed! Please forgive me my attitude but I feel I need to blow off some steam! Exploded

Aaaaah...there there.... It happens but as Scarlett said "Tomorrow IS another Day" flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 01:10

Thanks GL, I am glad she is off having fun....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 13 Feb 2012, 03:32

GalaxyLover wrote:
silly girl wrote:Has anyone heard from Katie? I know it is her birthday week but it has been awhile since I have seen a post by her....even when she is away she seems to be able to skim the board a bit...hope all is well...

She is on holiday in Sri Lanka having a wonderful time I hope.

Thanks for the info. Was a little worried about her.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 16:57

Think we ought to warn George about this before
he goes to Ireland ?

A petrol station owner in Dublin was trying to increase his sales.
So, he put up a sign that read, 'Free Sex with Fill-Up.'

Soon Paddy pulled in, filled his tank and asked for his free sex.
The owner told him to pick a number from 1 to 10.

If he guessed correctly, he would get his free sex.

Paddy guessed 8, and the proprietor said, 'You were close.
The number was 7. Sorry. No sex this time.'

A week later, Paddy, along with his friend Mick, pulled in
for another Fill-up. Again he asked for his free sex.

The proprietor again gave him the same story, and asked him
o guess the correct number.

Paddy guessed 2 this time. The proprietor said, 'Sorry, it was 3.
You were close, but no free sex this time.'

As they were driving away, Mick said to Paddy,
'I think that game is rigged and he doesn't really
give away free sex.'

Paddy replied, 'No it ain't, Mick. It's not rigged at all at all.
My wife won twice last week.'
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Feb 2012, 18:52

I think that the petrol station owner would ALWAYS tell George he picked the right number!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 18:54

Probably...good one melbert !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 22:35

Thanks for all the laughs on the BAFTA thread today. I really needed that. I just got bawled out by my daughter for letting her dogs have the run of the house when I sat with them while they went skiing. No good deed ever goes unpunished.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Feb 2012, 22:47

Just remind her of that the next time she asks you to sit then!! Oh, that wouldn't be good cuz' you need to see your grandbabies and granddoggies.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 23:11

Thanks for replying Mel - they say you can pick your friends but not your family. I love (most of) my family but sometimes they don't think of what they say to you how it affects you. I was trying to make the time fun for the puppy then but now she has ended up in her cage for punishment. I love dogs so much I don't like constraints for them. I think I love them too much.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Feb 2012, 23:15

Well CindiGirl, sometimes it's just damned if you do and damned if you don't. You are a tender soul, and I know it hurts. Just keep being you!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 14 Feb 2012, 00:04

Hope you all don't mind if I brag a bit? Here's my great grandson's TV debut. Hope you enjoy. It comes toward the end of the clip.
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2492048.shtml#.Tzl2W5edPvE.facebook
(tried to embed but just got a lot of gibberish)
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 01:02

cindigirl wrote:Thanks for all the laughs on the BAFTA thread today. I really needed that. I just got bawled out by my daughter for letting her dogs have the run of the house when I sat with them while they went skiing. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Oh that's not nice for you. But just think how the dogs loved you for giving them some pleasure and they'll rememebr and greet you so happily next time you go. Love3 Love3

It's good to laugh flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 14 Feb 2012, 01:07

Yay PattyGirl!! Baby Chris is a STAR! George, move over, you've got competition!!!
Thanks for sharing PattyGirl! He is adorable!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 13:46

Just got this from a mate....quite apt he thought !

Valentine's Day Gifts

Jim asked his friend, Tony, whether he had bought his wife
anything for Valentine's Day.

'Yes,' came the answer from Tony who was a bit of a chauvinist, 'I've bought her a belt and a bag.'

'That was very kind of you,' Jim added,
'I hope she appreciated the thought.'

Tony smiled as he replied, 'So do I, and hopefully
the vacuum cleaner will work better now.'

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

My One And Only

Roger, who was 19 years old, was buying an expensive bracelet,
to surprise his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, at a very smart jeweller's shop in Hatton Garden, London.

The jeweller inquired, 'Would you like your girlfriend's
name engraved on it?'

Roger thought for a moment, grinned, then answered,
'No, instead engrave "To my one and only love".'

The jeweller smiled and said, 'Yes, sir; how very romantic of you.'

Roger retorted with a glint in his eye, 'Not exactly romantic, but very practical. This way, if we break up, I can use it again.'
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 14 Feb 2012, 14:25

Hi Joanna - vacuum belt and bag Valentine gift, that sounds like a somewhat typical husband to wife gift. LOL

I heard a funny car commercial on the radio this morning - Another reason to buy a new car:
"you know your car is old and ugly when your dog is too embarrassed to hang his head out the window."
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 14 Feb 2012, 14:40

WASN'T THIS US?

A little house with three bedrooms,
One bathroom and one car on the street.
A mower that you had to push
To make the grass look neat.

In the kitchen on the wall
We only had one phone,
And no need for recording things,
Someone was always home.

We only had a living room
Where we would congregate,
Unless it was at mealtime
In the kitchen where we ate.

We had no need for family rooms
Or extra rooms to dine.
When meeting as a family
Those two rooms would work out fine.

We only had one TV set
And channels maybe two,
But always there was one of them
With something worth the view.

For snacks we had potato chips
That tasted like a chip.
And if you wanted flavor
There was Lipton's onion dip.

Store-bought snacks were rare because
My mother liked to cook
And nothing can compare to snacks
In Betty Crocker's book.

Weekends were for family trips
Or staying home to play.
We all did things together --
Even go to church to pray.

When we did our weekend trips Depending on the weather,
No one stayed at home because
We liked to be together.

Sometimes we would separate
To do things on our own, But we knew where the others were
Without our own cell phone.

Then there were the movies
With your favorite movie star,
And nothing can compare
To watching movies in your car.

Then there were the picnics
At the peak of summer season,
Pack a lunch and find some trees
And never need a reason.

Get a baseball game together
With all the friends you know,
Have real action playing ball --
And no game video.

Remember when the doctor
Used to be the family friend,
And didn't need insurance
Or a lawyer to defend?

The way that he took care of you
Or what he had to do,
Because he took an oath and strived
To do the best for you.

Remember going to the store
And shopping casually,
And when you went to pay for it
You used your own money?

Nothing that you had to swipe
Or punch in some amount,
And remember when the cashier person
Had to really count?

The milkman used to go
From door to door,
And it was just a few cents more
Than going to the store.

There was a time when mailed letters
Came right to your door,
Without a lot of junk mail ads
Sent out by every store...

The mailman knew each house by name
And knew where it was sent;
There were not loads of mail addressed
To "present occupant."

There was a time when just one glance
Was all that it would take,
And you would know the kind of car,
The model and the make.

They didn't look like turtles
Trying to squeeze out every mile;
They were streamlined, white walls, fins
And really had some style.

One time the music that you played
Whenever you would jive,
Was from a vinyl, big-holed record
Called a forty-five.

The record player had a post
To keep them all in line
And then the records would drop down
And play one at a time.

Oh sure, we had our problems then,
Just like we do today
And always we were striving,
Trying for a better way.

Oh, the simple life we lived
Still seems like so much fun,
How can you explain a game,
Just kick the can and run?

And why would boys put baseball cards
Between bicycle spokes
And for a nickel, red machines
Had little bottled Cokes?

This life seemed so much easier
And slower in some ways.
I love the new technology
But I sure do miss those days.

So time moves on and so do we
and nothing stays the same,
but I sure love to reminisce
and walk down memory lane.

pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 14:51

really nice
Pattygirl Thumbs up!

but I prefer the 'today'
I didn't have such good memories
of my kids age
(but I wasn't a kid at that time, in America, so I can't really understand the pure evocative atmosphere you sent us.... only imagine Very Happy)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 14:53

amazink kid your baby, Patty!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next