George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons?

+13
Snoopy
melbert
NotAvailable
Dexterdidit
sisieq
blubelle
fava
Katiedot
pandabear
Stonehenge who?
bellybaby
lucy
watching
17 posters

Go down

Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? Empty Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons?

Post by watching Tue 24 May 2011, 11:51

Because George and Betty are keeping things quiet, I am bored. I saw this old write up on George's personal life from last year that I don't recall seeing at the time so I thought I would post to keep us busy until one of them pops their head up somewhere individually or they turn up together somewhere where the paps just happen to find them out and about. I love some of the commentary in the article about the relationship. I bolded the parts that I sniggered at.....

Warning - this does mention a possible political career which we all know if not going to happen but I thought the rest of the article makes up for that hence posting.

Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons?
Friday October 15, 2010 at 12:29 am

The juicy celebrity gossip about George Clooney has certainly dried up over the past year as Clooney has settled into what appears to be a seemingly functional relationship with Italian girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis.

While the two have dazzled the red carpet this past year, they have also kept their private affair out of the public eye for sure. In addition, Clooney has slammed celebrity news and tabloid gossip sites for prying into the private affairs of he and fellow star celebs, claiming that the general public and fans have no business knowing about their life or lifestyles.

As a result many fans of Clooney have started to wonder — is reading about the celebrity’s personal life — when he is so clearly against anyone knowing his person business — and intrusion that is interesting enough to be worth it?

When looking into George Clooney’s history with the media, he has done much to quell any urban legends, myths, and rumors than almost any star in Hollywood.

Some think he hides the same way Carey Grant did — to conceal his sexual identity as a closet homosexual.

Others are simply starting to think he is a talented actor and committed humanitarian but otherwise pretty much so a jerk when it comes to appreciating his fan base in the general public.

Even a few restless tounges have quietly suggested in more mumble than true expression of open opinion that Clooney is hiding his personal life for a much greater reason than he wants to keep his movies separate from his celebrity status as a person…

They think George Clooney has his eye on the job of President and that his current dealings with Barack Obama’s White House Administration are him dipping his toes in the reflective pond gazed over eternally by President Abraham Lincoln.

This week, Clooney appeared on the TODAY show with Ann Curry October 12, 2010– his travel partner on a diplomatic mission to the Sudan.

So, Clooney is doing more and more these days to shift all eyes off his personal life and on to his organizational skills and political agendas.

He’s rubbing elbows with influential people and politicians all over the world. He’s grooming his girlfriend to be a quiet lipped fashionista who entertains his celebrity friends when the couple spends his 6 months a year in Italy and the other 6 back at his california mansion. And, he’s continuing to make film after film that pay him little cash but give him the appearance that he is a much bigger star than he actually is — as he’s slowly but surely been alienating little people while making influential friends.

As he’s handsome and likable, our guess is that as a presidential candidate he may be able to win a future election as a humanitarian Democrat elect… the modern day movie star turned politician version of former President Ronald Reagan.

We also think it might explain the green celebrity’s new desire to make movies like The American (helping to give him status as a tough character) and Up In The Air (profiling him to the minds of the American public as a man able to remain calm in the face of the toughest and most personal of confrontational crisis situations).

So what do you think about the reasons why no one in the tabloid media follows Clooney’s personal life with vigor? Is it because fans simply don’t care or has he been deliberately pulling favors from the press and influential friends with the understanding that in the next 5 – 15 years he plans to do something grand they will be able to get exclusive interviews on then?

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? Empty Re: Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons?

Post by lucy Tue 24 May 2011, 12:26

Not gonna happen, if he ever tried to run for office the public ( his Fans ) would learn more about George and his trashy girlfriends than he'd ever want us to know. IMO since SL there are more people discussing his personal life than his public one and he has no one to blame but himself.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons? Empty Re: Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons?

Post by bellybaby Tue 24 May 2011, 12:36

Well, if he ever did have Presidential aspirations, I think this "functional relationship with Italian girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis" put a little damper on it...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehenge who? Tue 24 May 2011, 12:38

They kept their private affair out of the public eye "for sure"? Eeek!
Last year they weren't hidden at all. Como pics, LA pics, lake pics, PDA pics, Sardinia pics, bikes pics, red carpets pics, photo-oppps pics, sushi pics, airports pics, dinner pics, pity pics. He had movies coming out and he made wide use of his relationship for his own PR, until last December.
They will pop up when he'll need to promote movies or more PR Rolling Eyes

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 24 May 2011, 12:45

LMAO, Stonehenge you got that right , who do they think their fooling, there are those out in the world who see what last year was all about. Now I'm not accusing them of a PR-dating but come on George get over yourself!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Tue 24 May 2011, 12:56

I agree Stonehenge I think we will see them again when he has something to promote.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehenge who? Tue 24 May 2011, 13:05

Pandabear not that he actually needs his girlfriends to promote his movies. Me I'm quite fine if he shows up solo Bounce

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 May 2011, 13:18

Wow, that's a great article - good find.

He keeps saying he doesn't want to run in politics so I guess we have to take him at his word.

I don't think he's been that much in the public eye. It seems to us he has because we follow his every move (and a few moves he doesn't make too sometimes!!) but to the casual observer, he's pretty quiet.

When I look at his contemporaries, Tomkat, say, or Brangelina, and compare the acres of press they get every week about their private life in every publication versus what George gets, you can see there's a huge difference. JMO as always.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 24 May 2011, 13:33

@katiedot maybe I should take a look around to compare, but GC is the only actor I've ever followed, so I have no comparisons.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 24 May 2011, 13:40

IMO, George is politically too far left to be successful in American politics and he knows that. I think he is less in the public eye (the general public, not the fans who follow him closely) because of the films he's chosen, because he's older (sorry about that one, but think it's true--when he got Sexiest Man Alive in People of few years ago, their boards had a lot of comments from 20 and 30 somethings who thought he was too old) and because he chooses to spend less time out of the public eye.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 May 2011, 13:42

Pick up any gossip magazine and flick through. You'll find his contemporaries in every issue without fail. George, on the other hand, doesn't feature that often.

By those standards George does keep his private life private.

He also has never spoken about his relationship or even being in a relationship. He can't help what others (the media) say about him, but he personally has stayed silent.

The closest he's ever come to talking about their relationship is the statement made last year (and again last week) denying a breakup.

He and Betty haven't even been photographed together in the last five month. Now whether that's because they're not together anymore or taking this lying low really seriously I've no idea.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 24 May 2011, 16:09

I don't get why people think it's necessary for him to have arm candy to publicize a movie. In the past he has shown up alone, trailed by Stan. I sure hope this relationship? is over but can't buy the publicity piece.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 24 May 2011, 16:50

It isn't necessary and he has proven that in the past, but for some reason that has changed during MC, LH, MWSAG,BAR,FMF,UITA,AMERICAN,now maybe it's just so happens that during these times he suddenly finds himself a more permanent girlfriend, or it's planned.The breakup with SL came after all films were out and success/failure was a done deal.Who knows for sure with betta it's been all work no play this second year,some amazing security he's got himself this year, they are able to keep G&B from being photographed together everywhere, sets,airports,restaurants,parks, hotels!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 25 May 2011, 01:11

He’s grooming his girlfriend to be a quiet lipped fashionista who entertains his celebrity friends when the couple spends his 6 months a year in Italy and the other 6 back at his california mansion.
NOT!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 25 May 2011, 01:52

I nearly choked on the fashionista bit. Guess they haven't seen her dress sense. George isn't stupid he admits himself he has slept with too many women, partied too hard and done too many drugs to run for anything. I think some people would love him too but I doubt he would. As for Eli being his first lady he wouldn't choose a chick who bares her butt at the drop of a hat and that you can find naked all over the net. I guess the writer didn't bother doing any research cause if they did they would clearly see why what they are saying is so stupid. I think George has gone quiet so he can be taken more seriously. He wants people to focus on his movies it would help if he didn't date such famewhores! I do think they have been over for sometime and George will admit it when he wants too. I get the feeling he is trying to show he can have a long lasting relationship so he isn't so worried that people think they are still together. Until of course it suits him for people to know.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 05 Jun 2011, 06:30

I think you are closest to the truth, Dexterdidit. To be taken seriously, he will have to ditch her sooner or later, as she is too popular in arenas that aren't popular with the people he needs to impress somewhat, that he is of a more serious nature now. He will prolly hook up with a different type for that. He has made many changes over the last year that seem to point to that.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 05 Jun 2011, 06:37

We can certainly hope so.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Jun 2011, 06:41

Crossing fingers and toes!! Even if he has no designs for a political career, if he wants to be taken seriously for other reasons, he needs to reevaluate some of his choices. But, again, they are HIS choices, so I should shut up!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:44

I agree with Dexterdidit and JoanieJD. This girlfriend of_________ does not make any good service to his efforts to help Sudan.

Many people like me never cared for his personal life until last year when they were all over the place and ,suddenly, all the cocaine and prostitution involving his "other half", her photos flaunting her a** everywhere and her attempt to remain relevant by not being relevant and talented in anything she tried to do. I did not even mention the gossip that she was cheating on him with a soccer player and her behavior on the red carpet + increasing the gay rumors since he started dating her, oh i just did it...lol

So yes, I am very glad he is really private right now and trying to be taken seriously. As for his taste in women, I doubt he will change anytime soon because if he doesn't want to settle down, it will be hard for him to find a woman who is in the same page.

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 05 Jun 2011, 12:31

Unfortunately I believe there are sooooo many women out there that would do just about anything to take bettas place. Wouldn't matter what they really want out of life, they'd be willing to set it aside, just to be the GF of for however long they could.The ones no on the same page, he keeps at a distance.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Jun 2011, 18:47

Totally agree Lucy. I'm sure they are lined up waiting for the "official" nod that Eli is dunzo. However, I don't know if I can imagine him with someone on the same page. She would have to be an exact copy of him (however, more feminine in appearance) - George and Georgetta - the new power couple. But, he couldn't stand the competition. I think it was Don Cheadle who said that's why George didn't want kids. He's too much of a kid himself and couldn't stand the competition. I just don't think George wants an "equal" or god forbid, someone superior to him.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 05 Jun 2011, 19:17

I agree that he doesn't want an equal or have to make compromises, many men state they want a strong independant woman but very few can actually handle it, or their egos cannot.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Jun 2011, 19:24

Our George - an ego????????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 05 Jun 2011, 20:51

Sad to say Melbert, although he trys to be humble, there is a 'big' ego lurking inside our George. This is said with love, of course.

Last edited by Snoopy on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 05 Jun 2011, 20:53

Isn't that what it takes to be a success at acting, ego, mixed with skill, ambition, throw in some competitiveness?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 05 Jun 2011, 20:57

If I had so many people seeking my attention I would have an "ego" too.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 23:50

I so believe actors have huge egos.my former and current acting instructors are really good people, but they crave for attention. When they have it, they get a bit up to their arses. When they don't have it they seem a bit childish...
And they are not even nationaly known, let alone internationaly...
Rolling Eyes

So, yes GC does seem someone with an "ego".

ps: don't tell my acting instructors, I told you that ok?! hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Jun 2011, 23:59

We'll keep your secret LouisLane!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 00:45

Thank you Melbert! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 02:53

This video at tmz is discussing the possibility of Matt Damon to be President. They also mention George Clooney. In the 5 min and 45 sec mark they talk about Matt. In the 13 min mark they mention George. Don't know if it will work here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:31

Don't think we have to worry about seeing G on a presidential ballot any time soon. That would require a Mrs. Clooney. I know there's nothing in the presidential oath about having a wife but for appearance's sake, I don't think this country is ready for a single, womanizing president. And given his current choices in women, I don't think he's willing to make that compromise.

But then again, the world of politics these days seems like one big orgy... Laughing
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:36

I don't think this country is ready for a single, womanizing president
Yeah, much better to stick with the tried and tested married womanising president Wink !!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:50

Katiedot wrote:
Yeah, much better to stick with the tried and tested married womanising president Wink !!

Apparently so, Katie. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:54

Katiedot wrote:

I love your analogy, Katie! Laughing But isn't it sad! Thank goodness we haven't heard anything in quite a few years about our Presidents doing “The Dong Show”. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:38

MyGirlKylie wrote:Don't think we have to worry about seeing G on a presidential ballot any time soon. That would require a Mrs. Clooney. I know there's nothing in the presidential oath about having a wife but for appearance's sake, I don't think this country is ready for a single, womanizing president. And given his current choices in women, I don't think he's willing to make that compromise.

I completely agree and to emphsize that fact, it just so happens that yesterday film maker Michael Moore floated the idea of Matt Damon for a presidential run. He's a happily married family man, has a very successful acting career but more importantly, he has the strength of his convictions in the social and political arenas to speak out when he sees imbalance or injustice. He could be a very appealing candidate.

Matt Damon for President
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:45

Cinderella wrote:
Katiedot wrote:

I love your analogy, Katie! Laughing But isn't it sad! Thank goodness we haven't heard anything in quite a few years about our Presidents doing “The Dong Show”. cheers

I hate to correct you here but we've had TWO womanizing president in my lifetime and that was Bill Clinton and John Kennedy. All the presidents before and after, have been happily married men. In fact, those two Democrats are the only womanizers out of all the 44 presidents to my knowledge....but of course it's hard to say with any real certainty how many didn't get caught. And we had one that "might have" liked to wear womens clothes but whose going to own up to that? hahaha
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:37

Can you imagine if either Prez Bush was like that? The jokes would just write themselves. LOL

If enemies/spies/whatever were smart, they would be taking notes on how easy it is to bring down the HBIC by some T&A. It makes you wonder, if you put the right p*ssy in the right place at the right time if the jerks wouldn't sign over the whole damn country. LMAO

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:06

MGK wrote "Can you imagine if either Prez Bush was like that? The jokes would just write themselves. LOL"

In HBO special "His Way", about Jerry Weintraub, a friend an colleague of Gee's, there was an interview w/Pres. & Barbara Bush, who were good friends of JW. During interview, they touched on JW's having both a wife and mistress (who get along famously), and Prez said as long as they were happy, it was okay with him. Barbara said if George (her George) tried that, she'd kill him.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:11

And can you imagine if Pres. Obama tried womanizing? I think Michelle would rip him to pieces. Has anyone ever noticed the arms "guns" on her?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:44

cindigirl wrote:And can you imagine if Pres. Obama tried womanizing? I think Michelle would rip him to pieces. Has anyone ever noticed the arms "guns" on her?

LOL cindigirl yes she could definitely take him!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:56

Lighterside wrote:
Cinderella wrote:
Katiedot wrote:

I hate to correct you here but we've had TWO womanizing president in my lifetime and that was Bill Clinton and John Kennedy. All the presidents before and after, have been happily married men. In fact, those two Democrats are the only womanizers out of all the 44 presidents to my knowledge....but of course it's hard to say with any real certainty how many didn't get caught. And we had one that "might have" liked to wear womens clothes but whose going to own up to that? hahaha

That's why I said "Quite a few years"! Laughing But not to pick on Democrats, I'm certain Republicans have done it, too. Just don't have time to research the situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:01

cindigirl wrote:And can you imagine if Pres. Obama tried womanizing? I think Michelle would rip him to pieces. Has anyone ever noticed the arms "guns" on her?

oh yeah, I think this goes back to the discussion in the strong women thread. He may be the POTUS & all but something tells me she's not pushover. They seem pretty happy together so I'm betting she's a "lady in the streets, freak in the sheets" kinda girl. Wink

Did not know that about the Bush having a mistress. Nothing surprises me anymore though. lol
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:11

MGK wrote "Did not know that about the Bush having a mistress. Nothing surprises me anymore though. lol."

Never said Bush had a mistress. Please re-read my words. I said Jerry Weintraub has a mistress (as well as a wife). Please don't start any false rumors. I'll have Barbara coming after me with a broom.

pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:21

Talking about former President Clinton having a mistress. At that time he was known as "President Happy Pants." LOL

Last edited by cindigirl on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 20:21

cindigirl wrote:Talking about former President Clinton having a mistress. At that time he was known as "President Happy Pants." LOL

LOL... that's just terrible!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 20:47

pattygirl wrote:MGK wrote "Did not know that about the Bush having a mistress. Nothing surprises me anymore though. lol."

Never said Bush had a mistress. Please re-read my words. I said Jerry Weintraub has a mistress (as well as a wife). Please don't start any false rumors. I'll have Barbara coming after me with a broom.

Whoops, sorry Pattygirl. I misread & thought it said the president had a mistress. That's what I get for trying to read thread when I should've been heading out the door to an appointment. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down