George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life

+7
lucy
Coco
amuserato
MyGirlKylie
Dexterdidit
pattygirl
laetval
11 posters

Go down

Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life Empty Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life

Post by laetval Thu 18 Aug 2011, 19:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jaded
George Clooney: "You talk of marriage and more children?"

George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis have been separated for a few weeks and already, the handsome actor would be resettled with a wrestler, Stacy Kiebler. Obviously, the best friend of Brad Pitt is pretty well the break.

George Clooney told Closer: "There are people who like to cut some of the world for some time to handle disappointment. Others, however, like me, prefer to use humor to cope with event which is always difficult. "

Anyway, at 50, the actor still do not think about starting a family. "You talk of marriage and even children? But do you know the number of people who have been ruined for daring to ask me?", He has jokingly confessed!

So which of you will come to George to change his mind?

I know that there is an interview of George in this mag but don't buy it yet, as soon as I will get it I will do a translation. Smile

Last edited by laetval on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:05; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life Empty Re: Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life

Post by pattygirl Thu 18 Aug 2011, 19:55

We shall wait your translation with bated breathe. You do it so well.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life Empty Re: Update Closer mag : George talks about his private life

Post by laetval Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:04

Translation of Closer mag. Smile

It's in Cancun, Mexico, just weeks after his separation from Elisabetta Canalis, George Clooney met Closer to promote his film The Ides of March. Interview laughter.

Closer: You get out of a long relationship. What mood are you today?
George: I still have my head and my legs, so I feel pretty good. I believe that each person acts somewhat differently from his own sensibility and its own personality. There are people who like to cut some of the world for some time to handle disappointment. Others, however, like me, prefer to use humor to deal with an event that is always difficult.

C: Now more than ever, the possibility of getting married and having children seems to get away from you ...
G: You're still talking about marriage and children? But do you know the number of people who have been ruined for daring to ask me that question. Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfeiffer dare even answer my phone calls since they dared to bet with me that I would have a tidy family life to 40 years ... And now they have lost even more money because I had been gallant enough to extend the challenge until I was 50 years.

C: Exactly you just celebrate your 50 years. How do you keep the soul of youth?
G: You've never seen me in the morning! Every morning is a real torture for me. Everything starts to hurt. Legs, knees, back ... And again, I did not complain too much compared to others, like Brad Pitt. It has become so old that it sometimes can not even put one foot before the other. It's really sad to see! Poor Brad .. I am really sorry.

C: In addition to having a hard time staying with a woman, you do not seem to have many friends among the fairer sex. Why?
G: I attach no importance to the sex of a person. I do not tie up a friendship with someone from the fact that he is a man or a woman. What I look for in a person first and foremost is his generous and humane side. For my friend, we must also be equipped with a great sense of humor. I should point out that, contrary to what you say, there are many women among my friends.

C: generous, humane, with a sense of humor, this is how George Clooney is in the public eye. Is this actually the case?
G: No, in life, I am a real executioner and torturer ... No, seriously, taking age, I realize how important it is for me to feel good in this society. I'm not trying to play good Samaritans. I just want to give a reason for my life. Today, I found taking care of works of charity and humanitarian geopolitical issues are important to me.

C: In The Ides of March, you play a governor. You seem more interested in politics. Will we see you one day in the White House?
G: No, unfortunately I have no chance of winning the White House one day. As I always say, I slept with far too many women and drinking too much alcohol to expect to be President of the United States. The film chronicles the plight of the politicians and the political scandal in general. I think it's a hot topic, right? Look at what is happening in New York with a French politician.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:27

Thanks for Laetval. I'm hoping George does some television interviews for his upcoming projects this time around. I think he really needs to start being seen again. He was always good on Letterman and Leno! Now he should have some new stories it's been awhile.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:11

Thanks for the translation. You really put the words into the right prospective. Laetval, you're "De Bomb". cheers

Dex, we can only hope for those interviews. Letterman, Leno and Matt Lauer are always great at bringing out his fun side.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:15

I just love our George! He’s got his crap together. Others can think what they will but I think he knows what’s going on in life and he cares. Kudos to George! May he continue on this road he has mapped out and find happiness!

“Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.... You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. ” ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks Laetval, you are such a treasure for us all! Give Flowers2

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:30

Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:44

Thanks for the translation, Laetval.

I too hope we get more interviews when he's making the promo rounds for his upcoming projects.

He needs to quit using the too many women and too much drinking excuse though. That's just a typical Tuesday in politics. LOL. He just needs a standard "Thanks, but no thanks" type response to the politics question. Not like he owes anyone an explanation.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:55

@ Laetval-- many thanks, especially for the translation!

@ Cinderella-- beautiful quotation!
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 19 Aug 2011, 16:40

Notice when interviewer gets into marriage/children mode how George shuts him down? "You're still talking about marriage and children? Do you know how many have been ruined by asking me that question?" Isn't that typically George, though. Doesn't say I won't talk about it, just jestfully threatens ruin.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco Fri 19 Aug 2011, 18:46

Thanks Laetval!

Coco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 19 Aug 2011, 19:48

You're welcome everybody! I'll do the scans of the mag in 2 days. Wink
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 20 Aug 2011, 00:20

Does this mean his girlfriends are generous, humane, with great sense of humors? Wow now I finally understand why he dates so many????????
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 20 Aug 2011, 00:31

LOL
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Sat 20 Aug 2011, 01:47

"I attach no importance to the sex of a person"

Now I am confused, I thought he called his pals 'the boys' because they were, well, boys. No?
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 20 Aug 2011, 02:04

Ello wrote:"I attach no importance to the sex of a person"

Now I am confused, I thought he called his pals 'the boys' because they were, well, boys. No?

" I attach no importance to the sex of a person. I do not tie up a friendship with someone from the fact that he is a man or a woman" Don't forget this is a translation. Perhaps it doesn't sound so literal in Italian.

I think he meant that sex of a person has no effect on his friendship with them. Don't forget the question was why doesn't he have more friends of the fairer sex. Sort of felt like a roundabout way of alluding to the gay rumor. Yes , he calls his 8 best friends "The Boys" and they are boys. He designates them as such to distinguish them from his other friends, like Brad, Matt, Jerry, etc.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Sat 20 Aug 2011, 13:47

I didn't read it that way and if he thought they were asking about his sexuality would he really have said he didn't care which sex? They said friends, they meant friends, he understood and talked about his friends in response. He just didn't tell the truth. Maybe he doesnt realise. How can he not realise? There's a clue in the title!
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 14:52

C. In addition to having a hard time staying with a woman, you do not seem to have many friends among the fairer sex. Why?
G. I attach no importance to the sex of a person. I do not tie up a friendship with someone from the fact that he is a man or a woman. What I look for in a person first and foremost is his generous and humane side. For my friend, we must also be equipped with a great sense of humor. I should point out that, contrary to what you say, there are many women among my friends.

Ello, George was asked about having less lady friends than gentleman friends. The interviewer said “In addition to having a hard time staying with a woman…”. This was concerning personal friendships and nothing else. As we know, George has a lot of lady friends that are only friends, no hanky-panky going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 20 Aug 2011, 16:05

Thanks, Cindy. You seem to have a better way with words than I do. You said exactly what I did only better. Thumbs up!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 17:54

You're welcome, Patty! I knew you said the same thing but some didn't quite understand... ?? Or maybe they wanted to see who else would "take up the cause". lol! scratch geek

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 20 Aug 2011, 18:09

Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Sat 20 Aug 2011, 23:29

I don't disagree with you at all on what he said or meant, Cinderella. As for what 'we know', I'll just speak for myself and I did already. If anyone missed it because at the time they were sticking their fingers in their ears and going 'la la la', it's up there.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 23:58

Ello wrote:
He just didn't tell the truth. Maybe he doesnt realise. How can he not realise? There's a clue in the title!

What did you mean by this, Ello? I don't understand if it's not what I thought you were saying. Please explain.

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sun 21 Aug 2011, 03:02

Wow ,it is really good to actually see or even READ a George's interview , really hope to watch him again doing some interviews :finger crossed:
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 03:17

Sarah Ali, I love the new avatar! Handsome... wait, I hear my phone ringing... It's George! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sun 21 Aug 2011, 03:37

I know! when i saw that pic i fell in love with it ,he couldn't be more sexier than THIS!!!!!
wait, I hear my phone ringing... It's George
nw am jealous Gunslinger lol!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 21 Aug 2011, 05:41

I think if I can follow the Ello/Pattygirl discussion, Pattygirl thought the question was a roundabout way of alluding to gay rumours whereas Ello thought it was just a question about his friendships.

Ello's contention was that the title of his closest friends is 'the boys' which should be a clue to George that it's not true that he picks friends from both sexes because all of his closest friends are male.

Did I get that right?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Aug 2011, 09:55

sarah ali wrote:I know! when i saw that pic i fell in love with it ,he couldn't be more sexier than THIS!!!!!
wait, I hear my phone ringing... It's George
nw am jealous Gunslinger lol!

me2!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 21 Aug 2011, 09:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 14:30

Katiedot wrote:I think if I can follow the Ello/Pattygirl discussion, Pattygirl thought the question was a roundabout way of alluding to gay rumours whereas Ello thought it was just a question about his friendships.

Ello's contention was that the title of his closest friends is 'the boys' which should be a clue to George that it's not true that he picks friends from both sexes because all of his closest friends are male.

Did I get that right?

As I said, the title "The Boys" is the title he gives to his best friends. George has so many close friends that it is his designation of their special bond. Does Ello feel that he, or anyone for that matter, should have an equally balanced number of friends? Does she have the same number of girlfriends and manfriends? Does anybody? At different times in my life, I have had more of one sex that the other. Let's face it - George Clooney is a man's man, a guy's guy, more so that than a womanizer. Most men have more men friends than woman friends. Most women have more women friends than men. He is more selective with the fairer sex because of the sh*t that can happen with women. We are suseptible to his charm, looks and I think he looks for women for friendship that can get past those things and just be a friend.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Mon 22 Aug 2011, 23:45

Sorry, I wandered off. Yes, Katie, that was my point, thank you. I agree with you too Patty, about his friendships at least, but that isn't what George said.

As to "he is more selective of the fairer sex because of the shit that can happen with women" I don't know what to say about that. I don't agree. I think you underestimate the impact his fame, money and power have on men. Men have been known to covet those things also. Certainly, I wouldn't care to make judgements about trust based on gender. I think George does though, so you are in good company.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down