George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11

+74
GiGi
bamboochacha
pattygirl
MyG
What Would He Say
fadelite
iamnoone
Nicky80
Saveria
Maggy
silly willy
Juliette Hardy
sparkie
sarah ali
mosaic
Rainy
pandabear
kid.a.kadoodles
blubelle
lolo"layla"
mel01
isogotit
janieb
Vi
annemarie
lucy
amaretti
Way2Old4Dis
Picachu
Lighterside
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Missa
Evelyn Healy
noodle
GEORGIE STOUT
socimar
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Mazy
Natascha
madsky
Dior
GCfollower
Barbara Garabedian
Lakin460
cindigirl
MM
Atalante
very vera
playfuldeb
watching
m4rose
Joanna
party animal - not!
cupcake
lelacorb
The next mrs clooney
theminis
NotAvailable
it's me
niloufar
silly girl
lovelylois
ktsue2002
OofOof
Katiedot
Henway
premiere
melbert
fava
Best in Category
LornaDoone
phys major
78 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11

Post by madsky Tue 26 Feb 2013, 00:30

I join the minority here too. My husband won an Emmy, and I never took a picture with it by myself or with a friend - looks weird when its not yours. I find it disrespectful, presumptuous, and very fame-wh&*^*ish, especially to post it, but just my opinion and to each his own. My husband wouldn't have cared, but I don't like the appearance. FYI it is a local Emmy.

Still happy for George, and he can do whatever he wants with his Oscar. Yeah Argo and all!!!! Next stop Monument Men and Oscar!!!! He needs a hat trick!

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11

Post by theminis Tue 26 Feb 2013, 03:13

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 26 Feb 2013, 04:31

I also join the minority
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Tue 26 Feb 2013, 04:59

I would also take a picture of georges Oscar and with George. I do not understand why she would want a picture of his Oscar with someone else. I guess George is generous to let her take a picture of his Oscar with someone else. He just is a nice guy. Glad you won George and Ben and all the cast of Argo. Love you george, bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Feb 2013, 05:40

I guess some people like to take pictures to remind themselves of special moments and unique occasions. I guess it's the same impulse that makes people take pictures of themselves with celebrities.

It's a souvenir of an amazing time in her life that she can look back on one day. How many of us get to hold an Oscar?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Feb 2013, 06:57

Couldn't be bothered to post the pic, it's just a pic of her from behind walking up a tree-lined pathway.

This one on the other hand . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:45

As you say Katie, they're souvenirs of an amazing experience.
I'm sure we would do the same if we were in her position.

I take lots of photos of places that mean a lot to me knowing that one day I'll be unable to get there any longer.
But then I'll be able to relive my experiences in the pictures.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 26 Feb 2013, 13:54

Okay, I'm not a Stacy hater, but I'm just going to call bullshit on her. She's quoted in another thread saying she and George were playing basketball 45 minutes before it was time to leave for the Oscars. Her point was that he went from sweaty to "dapper" in 5 minutes, but the extrapolated implication is that she herself got ready in 45 minutes.

Shower, shampoo, dressed ... all in 45 minutes.

... needing a stylist, makeup artist, and hairdresser.

Bullshit.

Why would she think she had to say that? To show that she's low-maintenance and tomboyish yet still beautiful? Immature, to say the least. You're with George Clooney and you're going to the Oscars. That takes time and effort. Own it. Sheesh.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:16

Joanna wrote:As you say Katie, they're souvenirs of an amazing experience.

I take lots of photos of places that mean a lot to me knowing that one day I'll be unable to get there any longer.

I think we will have to agree to disagree, as I and a few others stated we wouldn't. I do find these comments similar to the bathing suit versus wrestling outfit comments. You are saying she is just one of us, saving & sharing memories through pictures or just wearing an outfit you would wear to the beach. She is a "celebrity" and creating a persona for commercial purposes. This isn't for her to just remember. She is using her social media for business purposes. Some people will object but others will give her attention and increase her visibility for jobs. Nothing wrong with it, but not just a personal memory, and some people are going to object, but I am sure they all realized that too.

I did like the spirited conversation on this board. But lately, it seems that there a lot of enablers to celebrity on here- and George and Stacy can do no wrong. Maybe because of the crazy poster that keeps popping up with extreme negativity everyone feels bad about being critical and others feel the need to defend quickly.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:25

madsky wrote:
Joanna wrote:As you say Katie, they're souvenirs of an amazing experience.

I think we will have to agree to disagree, as I and a few others stated we wouldn't. I do find these comments similar to the bathing suit versus wrestling outfit comments. You are saying she is just one of us, saving & sharing memories through pictures or just wearing an outfit you would wear to the beach. She is a "celebrity" and creating a persona for commercial purposes. This isn't for her to just remember. She is using her social media for business purposes. Some people will object but others will give her attention and increase her visibility for jobs. Nothing wrong with it, but not just a personal memory, and some people are going to object, but I am sure they all realized that too.

I did like the spirited conversation on this board. But lately, it seems that there a lot of enablers to celebrity on here- and George and Stacy can do no wrong. Maybe because of the crazy poster that keeps popping up with extreme negativity everyone feels bad about being critical and others feel the need to defend quickly.

Well I'm just an ordinary woman with ordinary thoughts...I have no knowledge of the celebrity world as others seem to have.
I just express my opinion as others do about the subject of this fan forum....sorry if I'm upsetting people by liking him and being positive.
I have a positive nature so must be true to myself...Lol

BTW...what does "enablers to celebrity on here" mean please ? I've not heard that phrase before....can you explain it ? Thanks.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:26

Thanks Way2Old4Dis as soon as I say little balance on the board you bring it back. I agree with your comments above, and not sure why they would say that. If she really wanted to seem normal do what Helen Hunt did and wear a dress from H&M.

Now I am going to be a Stacy and her stylist Brad's cheerleader. Did anyone catch the picture of her dress on Neeam Khan's 2013 collection. Kudos for them for whatever they did to make that dress look so much better on Stacy than the runway. Impressive, the top was originally see-through. She may have missed out she too could have had her own twitter account for her nipples, as Anne Hathaway. Thank you for not doing that!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:29

It's horrible with the see through bodice....cheapens it completely, IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:34

This Oscar-butt-kissing picture is as nasty as the one with her legs wrung around her make up artist.

Mylady is pretty vulgar.
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:35

You are funny dearest Dior
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:39

Joanna, I did not mean to insult you, and you are entitled to your opinion. I just think this is a more calculated image process than some think, and doubt any comment or negativity affects her at all.

What I meant by "celebrity enabler" was that all the cheerleading comments feed into the "celebrity" trap that they are so wonderful. We are their yes people and their enablers, similar to an enabler of an addict, but in this case the drug is "celebrity."

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:41

I've been defending Stacy lately but please don't think of me as an enabler. I think Stacy does a lot wrong. I don't agree that anything to make a name for yourself is ok. Love George but he has his faults also. That though is for a George thread. It just bothers me when anyone decides she can do no right and would find fault no matter what. I can't think of anyone who is always wrong, or always right. I have about as much problems sometimes with those posts where an excuse is made for anything she does. I guess I just like balance. People have a right to there opinions good or bad, but for me there is a point where it turns mean and hateful and that's where I usually start defending the person. It's funny how we all see things differently though. You see a lot of celebrity enablers where I see posters who think the criticism of her has gotten extreme and are stating there opinions more. I only see a few posters who have no problem at all with the way she lives her life. I don't care for her choices at all but I don't think she deserves to be attacked and shredded because she did something 10 years ago, or because she's tall, or has broad shoulders, or because our man chose her. Not trying to start anything, just stating my opinion.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:44

Joanna wrote:You are funny dearest Dior

Oh, really, am I?

Btw, nice avatar. I like the way she's looking down at him, looks so aristocratic, you know..
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:46

Ah I see...thanks for the explanation.... flower

It's a bit deep for my simple mind though....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:48

Dior wrote:
Joanna wrote:You are funny dearest Dior

Oh, really, am I?

Btw, nice avatar. I like the way she's looking down at him, looks so aristocratic, you know..

There you go again...you make me chuckle.
Bye for now....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Tue 26 Feb 2013, 15:00

I still don't know how that made her long hair look like that but I love that hairstyle on her and I don't usually like her hair for red carpets.

Funny how we read things differently. i think Joanna's avatar is a good picture of them. She seems to me to be looking at him with real affection. And she seems proud of him. I think she did well on Sunday.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Feb 2013, 15:05

madsky wrote: She is a "celebrity" and creating a persona for commercial purposes. This isn't for her to just remember. She is using her social media for business purposes.
Yes, that's very true. I don't particularly have a problem with it because putting herself forward is just a part of her job as a 'celebrity'. She has fans who are interested in what she's doing so she shares that stuff with them.

I can see why she does it. Has to do it, in fact. But I still don't think it's a big deal. She knows that her time with George is limited, so make hay while the sun shines.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 26 Feb 2013, 15:42

noodle wrote:I still don't know how that made her long hair look like that but I love that hairstyle on her and I don't usually like her hair for red carpets.

Funny how we read things differently. i think Joanna's avatar is a good picture of them. She seems to me to be looking at him with real affection. And she seems proud of him. I think she did well on Sunday.

To me it is funny how you start your posts with some you are not-a-fan stuff followed by love letters of admirarion and compliments.

Btw, she doesn't have long hair and this hairstyle you can easily do by yourself with papillotes, no big deal, done it for carnival a lot of times.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Tue 26 Feb 2013, 16:04

Dior I'm trying to make general statements and not be specific towards any one poster, so I'm not going to argue with you about how I choose to start my post about Stacy as opposed to how you start yours.
Stacy's hair seems long to me. What are papillotes? I would guess it's sprayed very stiff. Would that be right? And lots of Pins?

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 26 Feb 2013, 16:23

Good grief - what is all the debate about respect to the Oscar!? It's a bunch of people having fun after a brilliant win...

Is it worse or better than Billy Connelly describing the Bafta award as a death mask on a stick, as he presented to the winner a few days ago??

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 26 Feb 2013, 16:29

I have hesitated making a comment because each side is polarizing. But in defense of the photos taken with Oscar---which personally I feel the "butt kissing" one is kind of crass---- that being said I remember that GC once mentioned that guests to his home in Como were invited to pose with it and make mock speeches. At least it was something like that. I think if they were all drinking that it was an in the moment thing. I don't read too much into it. They were in party mode.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 26 Feb 2013, 16:35

Mm. I remember reading that other winners have left them in downstairs loo, used them as doorstops, while others have a 'trophy' room.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 26 Feb 2013, 17:09

noodle wrote:Dior I'm trying to make general statements and not be specific towards any one poster, so I'm not going to argue with you about how I choose to start my post about Stacy as opposed to how you start yours.
Stacy's hair seems long to me. What are papillotes? I would guess it's sprayed very stiff. Would that be right? And lots of Pins?

You can see the length of her hair and what it's looking like on the pic where she's in the missionary position with her make up artist.

And papillotes are hair curlers. You can wear them at night (very sexy!) and in the morning you have those curls. Then you should fix them with very strong hairspray. With the curls the hair comes up a lot, but I think hers was pinned too.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 27 Feb 2013, 01:47

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Okay, I'm not a Stacy hater, but I'm just going to call bullshit on her. She's quoted in another thread saying she and George were playing basketball 45 minutes before it was time to leave for the Oscars. Her point was that he went from sweaty to "dapper" in 5 minutes, but the extrapolated implication is that she herself got ready in 45 minutes.

Shower, shampoo, dressed ... all in 45 minutes.

... needing a stylist, makeup artist, and hairdresser.

Bullshit.

Why would she think she had to say that? To show that she's low-maintenance and tomboyish yet still beautiful? Immature, to say the least. You're with George Clooney and you're going to the Oscars. That takes time and effort. Own it. Sheesh.

There was a tweet a few das back that claimed she was spending the day of the Oscars getting ready at a certain day spa in LA.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 04 Mar 2013, 05:24

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 04 Mar 2013, 06:55

Maybe it is a different country thing but is Skid Row a politically correct thing to say anymore?
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 04 Mar 2013, 08:40

yep, skid row is in downtown LA. I make burritos from leftover food and take them down there and give them away. Ok, that sounds kinda gross, but here's abetter example. After thanksgiving I take a tortilla, lay it flat, put a piece of cheese on it, stuffing, turkey, gravy, wrap it up in tin foil and heat it slightly, and it's ready for a homeless person to eat. I do this regularly for homeless people
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:50

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Mon 04 Mar 2013, 12:51

That's a wonderful way to help folks out Deb. Great idea.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 14:16

playfuldeb wrote:yep, skid row is in downtown LA. I make burritos from leftover food and take them down there and give them away. Ok, that sounds kinda gross, but here's abetter example. After thanksgiving I take a tortilla, lay it flat, put a piece of cheese on it, stuffing, turkey, gravy, wrap it up in tin foil and heat it slightly, and it's ready for a homeless person to eat. I do this regularly for homeless people

You are a rare gem, Deb! I am honored to call you friend!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 04 Mar 2013, 15:04

playfuldeb wrote:yep, skid row is in downtown LA. I make burritos from leftover food and take them down there and give them away. Ok, that sounds kinda gross, but here's abetter example. After thanksgiving I take a tortilla, lay it flat, put a piece of cheese on it, stuffing, turkey, gravy, wrap it up in tin foil and heat it slightly, and it's ready for a homeless person to eat. I do this regularly for homeless people

That's truly fantastic Deb! cheers
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Mar 2013, 18:25

You are wonderful Deb! We don't have a specific area in my community so I volunteer at the food bank. Sadly, way more people needing assistance the past several years.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Mar 2013, 00:10

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:28

So, we're back to the cleanse again...as someone who is regrettably "cleansing" herself everyday, several times a day, for the past month, all I can say is "cleansing" is over rated!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:54

Are you okay, OofOof?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 02:02

Not so good Party. The tests they ran last week came back negative so back to square one. Think I'm heading for a colonoscopy and other lovely tests. Shouldn't complain though.things could be worse! Thanks for asking. Just saw this tweet from Stacy and as I've been cleansing naturally way too much, was feeling grumpy.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 02:34

I really sympathise, Oo.

As a chronic colitis sufferer, colonoscopies are a fact of life. And, as someone who has them on a regular basis, to be honest, a positive.

So no cleanses for me, thanks, but a really good diet of all things veggy, fruity, nutty and non-refined.........

Great book called 'Superfoods' by Michael van Straten you might like. (no, no paid promotion here!)

Take care of yourself

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 06 Mar 2013, 08:13

Aaah, yuck!

To me a cleanse is a pretty awful stinking thing to do and I wouldn't report in public about it.

Always reminds me of the miserable day when I catched the noro virus, this was enough of cleansing for the next 100 years.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 06 Mar 2013, 08:42

OofOof wrote:So, we're back to the cleanse again...as someone who is regrettably "cleansing" herself everyday, several times a day, for the past month, all I can say is "cleansing" is over rated!

Well she did eat that glutenfree, sugarfree, dairyfree ice cream the other day. She will need to cleanse and work out constantly to burn those sinful calories.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:45

Not sure if this was posted or not.

News/Obsessions: Stacy Keibler's Fave Spring Footwear
by Jennifer Chan Fri., Mar. 1, 2013 8:15 AM PST

A new pair of shoes is the perfect way to update a drab wardrobe, but with the wide range of trendy options these days, what's a girl to choose? When we saw Stacy Keibler taking a spin class at Cycle House in Los Angeles, we had to ask the stylish (and sporty!) star for her spring shopping advice.

"I just got these Isabel Marant moccasins, and I'm totally obsessed!" she told us. "They're super comfortable and have a little wedge so you still feel like a girl."

Um, cute! The cozy bootie would pair well with skinny jeans, boho dresses and casual shorts this season. Plus, the designer is all the rage among the celeb set these days. That's right, we completely credit her for starting the wedge sneaker trend, and it sounds like there's plenty more covetable options to consider.

"I'm actually obsessed with anything Isabel Marant does. I'm scared to go into the actual storeā€”I might go bankrupt!" Keibler said with a smile.

What are you obsessed with this spring?

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 06 Mar 2013, 15:06

Am I the only one who wonders if for a lot of these Hollywood actresses and models a "cleanse" is just a politically correct way to take laxatives?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:13

Think it involves a bit more than that Fava but the result is the same.
That cleanse she loves so much touts quick weight loss. I suppose a once a year cleanse wouldn't be too bad but doing it so often is really unhealthy.

I don't know why she feels the need to do them when she exercises several hours a day and eats about 900 cals a day, according to an interview she did last year for People.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:45

fava wrote:Am I the only one who wonders if for a lot of these Hollywood actresses and models a "cleanse" is just a politically correct way to take laxatives?

Cleansing is basically purging but they call it cleanse to make it sound better and make these women feel better about what they are doing. You may as well just stick your fingers down your throat, much cheaper and the same effects.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:33

The next mrs clooney wrote:
fava wrote:Am I the only one who wonders if for a lot of these Hollywood actresses and models a "cleanse" is just a politically correct way to take laxatives?

Cleansing is basically purging but they call it cleanse to make it sound better and make these women feel better about what they are doing. You may as well just stick your fingers down your throat, much cheaper and the same effects.

Isn't that called purging, and isn't purging a symptom of an eating disorder?
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:06

I don't think there's anyone in Hollywood who doesn't have an eating disorder of some description.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:23

cleansing goes out the opposite end from purging. Our bodies have good bacteria and bad bacteria. When you cleanse you remove all the bacteria, and then have to manually add back the good bacteria, called pro-biotics. If you dont have more good than bad, you can get sick, bloat in the stomach, etc. I dont see getting rid of naturally made good biotics as often as she does

As for the boots, about $600 a pair. I dont see how trends are started when people cant afford them. And I dont need a little wedgie in my shoe to feel like a girl - sorry!

And thank you for the sweet replies. I do it cuz I like to do it and hate to throw away food!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next