George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10

+73
niloufar
phys major
sparkie
Lurch's Spawn
keralyn
Mazy
Saveria
LyndaGirl
Alter Ego
Νιόβη
fluffy
suebee
janieb
traone
Picachu
annemarie
socimar
johnnya2k12
lolo"layla"
blubelle
Wolfgang Gunnerson
Don Quixote
blackmamba
Atalante
fava
OofOof
bamboochacha
MM
Bidbod
globalchick
playfuldeb
Lighterside
bunny
lovelylois
pandabear
Henway
lelacorb
madsky
FuturoST
amaretti
premiere
doris day
Way2Old4Dis
Cinderella
lucy
Natascha
lamby
party animal - not!
theminis
m4rose
Dior
ARMANI
NotAvailable
melbert
Best in Category
tzizz
watching
Elo
laetval
EEOsandy
Clooneygirl
The next mrs clooney
LornaDoone
noodle
Missa
cindigirl
Maggy
Joanna
Lakin460
it's me
silly girl
Katiedot
77 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10

Post by Katiedot Tue 23 Oct 2012, 04:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bad choice of kissing picture. I know that if this were George and Stacy then everyone would be pointing out how cold it looks. Both have eyes open, are standing ramrod straight and barely touching. That was what people said about the picture of George kissing Sarah Larson too.

No need to post other pics of Han Solo to make a point, I'm quite sure he's genuinely in a serious and meaningful relationship just as I'm quite sure George and Stacy aren't.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10

Post by NotAvailable Sun 28 Oct 2012, 04:00

I don't know if this has been posted before or where, but I noticed that this video seems to have been posted today, the 27th, but I am sure I have seen it somewhere before. The outfit seems familiar.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 28 Oct 2012, 04:08

That was after the bathroom fundraiser thing George did (CRS) and they went out afterwards with the Gerbers (as they were there too). I don't remember seeing this video though. I think we just had stills.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 28 Oct 2012, 05:44

Ok Thanks Mel. I thought it seemed past tense a bit.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Oct 2012, 05:21

Where the hell is George??? Every new story I can find is about Stacy, dammit!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy goes promo plus

October 28, 2012

George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler has found a new gig: spokesperson. The former pro wrestler has been turning up to promote a variety of products. Last Wednesday, she attended Valspar Paint’s event at Bath House Studios for the brand’s “Love Your Color Guarantee,” and later showed up for Rent the Runway at Skylight Studio to spin their “Compliment Wheel.”

Keibler recently helped Macallan launch their Masters of Photography collection and kitchen appliances at GD Cucine.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:27

Maybe he's taken early retirement and is sending
the younger woman out to work ? lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Oct 2012, 11:48

Joanna wrote:Maybe he's taken early retirement and is sending
the younger woman out to work ? lol!

he who?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 30 Oct 2012, 08:06

It could just be me (and I understand there really should be no expectation on her as an individual) but I do find it odd that she hasn't tweeted anything about Hurricane Sandy. She is from Baltimore and she has family / friends there and they are being directly affected by it. Baltimore is in it's path and is suffering from blackouts and such but not a peep out of her. She can tweet about cleanses and Vegas parties but not a natural disaster that is most likely impacting on her family or even her friends who live in NY.

Maybe if it impacts on the Ravens playing this weekend then she may say something.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 30 Oct 2012, 08:06

It could just be me (and I understand there really should be no expectation on her as an individual) but I do find it odd that she hasn't tweeted anything about Hurricane Sandy. She is from Baltimore and she has family / friends there and they are being directly affected by it. Baltimore is in it's path and is suffering from blackouts and such but not a peep out of her. She can tweet about cleanses and Vegas parties but not a natural disaster that is most likely impacting on her family or even her friends who live in NY.

Maybe if it impacts on the Ravens playing this weekend then she may say something.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Oct 2012, 09:00

I think that's just her, Watching. She doesn't seem to comment often on big events on her twitter account. Don't know if that's because she's not interested, not aware or just chooses not to go down that path.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Oct 2012, 11:06

It could be that she has her parents staying with her...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:18

Given the amount of friends and family she has on the east coast I was surprised that she didn't send out a general tweet like most other celebs. Even celebs in the uk were sending best wishes on twitter.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 Nov 2012, 08:39

A propos of nothing, I had to laugh to myself when I saw Vogue magazine suggesting the dress Stacy wore to the Oscars as being something they 'love' and a good choice for parties:

Sparkling gowns to compete with fireworks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:07

Stacy Keibler one of many celebs to support Proposition 37 about genetically modified foods. Thanks Henway for this:

Marisa Tomei, James Franco, Stacy Keibler, Minnie Driver, Brett Ratner, Trevor Plouffe, Tony Goldwyn, James Van Der Beek, Lisa Bonet, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Eloise Mumford, China Chow, Molly Ringwald and More in a New Series of Ads to Make Genetically Engineered Food Labeling Mandatory in California
LOS ANGELES — To combat the growing intensity of deceptive advertising blanketing California airwaves – funded by the giant chemical and food corporations opposed to Proposition 37 at an estimated $1 million a day – Consumer Advocates for Safe Food and Water, sponsored by Food & Watch, has created a second big wave of viral Internet celebrity videos and TV ads asking Californians to vote YES on Proposition 37.

As Election Day nears, the top myth being spread by the opposition to create confusion and doubt among voters is the fallacy that Prop 37, a measure to require that GE foods (GMOs) be labeled, will raise food costs. A new series of Public Service Announcement videos featuring Academy Award-winning and nominated actors along with other celebrities and California parents and their kids, takes the issue of cost head-on and reminds Californians not to fall for the food industry’s deceptive scare tactics.

The featured PSA “Grocery Costs” stars Marissa Tomei, James Franco, Minnie Driver, Lisa Bonet and Mary Elizabeth Winstead telling viewers, “Large processed food companies have always claimed that giving consumers basic information about their food – using labels – would increase their grocery costs. And every time…it’s been a lie. Now those same companies are at it again, making more outlandish claims that your grocery bill will skyrocket under Proposition 37-which requires labels for GMO’s. Well IT’s NOT TRUE! And we’re fighting back…with the truth.”

“Grocery Costs” along with another powerful spot entitled “I’m A Mom” will air on television across Los Angeles during popular shows like Good Morning America, Meet the Press and an NFL game in the final days of the campaign. These videos and two other PSAs will also be shared virally through social media.
These new videos are part of a larger series of videos released since October 15, 2012, by Consumer Advocates for Safe Food and Water. Previous videos featured celebrities such as Danny DeVito, Bill Maher, Dave Matthews, Jillian Michaels, Emily Deschanel, John Cho, Glenn Howerton, Kaitlin Olson, KaDee Strickland and Kristin Bauer van Straten, as well as children describing the problems with GE foods (GMOs) and encouraging adults to vote YES on Prop 37.

The first series of PSAs have received over 310,000 online views combined and the overwhelmingly positive response led to a generous outpouring of individual donations to help expand the videos’ reach further across television.

“Since the pesticide and junk food companies opposed to Prop 37 don’t have the truth or public opinion on their side, they’re spending about $1 million a day on ads attempting to confuse the public into voting against their right to know what’s in their food,” said Food & Water Watch Pacific Region Director Kristin Lynch. “While we may never be able to match our opponent’s spending, we’re hoping these popular celebrities and everyday moms and kids will help make this message viral so that every Californian realizes that a yes vote for Prop 37 is a vote towards a healthier, more transparent food supply for everyone.”

Proposition 37 is a ballot measure that requires simple, clear labels letting consumers know if foods are genetically engineered. It was written with broad input from food groups, industry, science, legal and health experts and qualified for the November ballot with more than 1 million signatures from California citizens.

The series of PSA videos is part of a larger campaign that Food & Water Watch is waging nationally and Consumer Advocates for Safe Food and Water is waging throughout California in support of Proposition 37 and mandatory GE labeling. Consumer Advocates for Safe Food and Water’s efforts include grassroots organizing that contributed to the LA City Council unanimously endorsing Yes on 37, 90 billboards throughout Los Angeles County, a $10,000 contribution to the California Right to Know campaign, efforts to attract and coordinate volunteers for phone banking and other campaign activities, and email notifications to its more than 60,000 California supporters.

Versions of the videos and more information about Prop 37 and Food & Water Watch’s commitment to mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods can be found at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Consumer Advocates for Safe Food and Water is the political action committee for Food & Water Watch. Food & Water Watch works to ensure the food, water and fish we consume is safe, accessible and sustainable. So we can all enjoy and trust in what we eat and drink, we help people take charge of where their food comes from, keep clean, affordable, public tap water flowing freely to our homes, protect the environmental quality of oceans, force government to do its job protecting citizens, and educate about the importance of keeping shared resources under public control.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:09

And Henway found this too.

Stacy Keibler's Friends Don't Like To Be Photographed 6th February 2012 09 04

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:05

The next mrs clooney wrote:Given the amount of friends and family she has on the east coast I was surprised that she didn't send out a general tweet like most other celebs. Even celebs in the uk were sending best wishes on twitter.

here it is

Stacy KeiblerVerificato‏@StacyKeibler

I’m heartbroken over the devastation that #Hurricane Sandy has caused. Sending prayers to everyone affected on the East Coast! #staystrong

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:31

Thanks Lux. I was just coming to post it. And of course, some of her "fans" had to put their inappropriate comments in. They repulsed me, so I will not post them.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:42

But once again she is a day late and a dollar short. I am sure her thoughts are sincere but I have to wonder if someone said something to her and that is why suddenly a tweet goes out. I mean seriously, it has been how many days since the storm and she is just NOW tweeting about it? Has she been in a coma or something because there is no excuse to explain the lateness in this tweet.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:52

On her FB, her "fans" are calling her out saying things like "don't send prayers, send dollars" and calling out George too. One finally asked if any of them that had said that stuff knew for a fact that they hadn't donated. But, I agree, 5 days after it hit, she finally twits. Since she went missing, we don't know where she was or what she was doing.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:58

In Germany........?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 04 Nov 2012, 00:23

m4rose wrote:But once again she is a day late and a dollar short. I am sure her thoughts are sincere but I have to wonder if someone said something to her and that is why suddenly a tweet goes out. I mean seriously, it has been how many days since the storm and she is just NOW tweeting about it? Has she been in a coma or something because there is no excuse to explain the lateness in this tweet.

I know. people are back to work in NY, a telethon has already been held and a state of emergency was decalared days ago.

I look at it as two possible situations for Stacy:
### She doesn't watch the news or read the paper so she has not seen the coverage and the extent of the damage; or
### She really doesn't care about what has happened but after seeing celebs come out for the telethon overnight and the number of celeb tweets about support & how to donate, she tweeted because she felt obligated as a public figure (i.e jumping ont he bandwagon)

Neither is a good look. I mean, she didn't tweet a link to how to donate the Red Cross or even comment on her hometown - which she does when it relates to a medal winning althele or a football team. She encouraged she twitter followers to donate to charity for her birthday but not during a natural disaster?? I don't get it. Either she doesn't give a fuck about other people unless there is something in it foe her (which says a lot about her levels of empathy) or she doesn't watch the news or stay on top of current events (which says a lot about her intellect and understanding of the world at large) .

Or are we expecting to much from her - she wasn't directly impacted so why should she give a damn? She may just be more interested in staging pap "candids", doing her cleanses and famewhoring for work opportunities. I guess you would just expect better from someone who only a few weeks back was fronting a chartity announcement for habitat for humanity. it really looks like she was just at that event for a the paycheck and the cameras.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 04 Nov 2012, 01:23

The tweet came through hoot suite which may mean it came from her team and not from her. Any promotional tweets always get sent through hoot suite and are never worded like the tweets that she sends herself through her i-phone or blackberry. I think it looks worse that she is tweeting so late than if she had not tweeted at all. There is no way she cannot have known what happened when it happened. why not tweet then?? The whole world knows about the hurricane and have been tweeting about it since it happened.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 04 Nov 2012, 01:31

Rose tattoos why is she tweeting at all .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 04 Nov 2012, 07:00

The next mrs clooney wrote:The tweet came through hoot suite which may mean it came from her team and not from her. Any promotional tweets always get sent through hoot suite and are never worded like the tweets that she sends herself through her i-phone or blackberry.

Can you explain how you know it came through hoot suite. When I look at her tweet and click on details, it doesn't say how she tweeted. I've noticed you often know if she's tweeting from her Blackberry or iPhone as well and guess I'm simply tech challenged! BTW--it's Mizerello but I started getting odd emails and changed my name on the forum.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 04 Nov 2012, 08:24

Yep, someone else formulated the tweet.

It´s short but still evident
staystrong is odd
if your house is ruined or worse
it is not the politest way to express "empathy"

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:44

I think I can answer your question Mizerello. Awhile ago Twitter removed how something is tweeted but only if you are viewing it on a computer via the web. If we look it up by cell phone---in my case my Blackberry---- the device used to tweet is still visible. Not sure if Twitter is aware of that but for now that has been the case.

Hope that makes sense.

Sorry you had to change your name.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 04 Nov 2012, 16:39

Same for me as for Silly girl. when I look it up on my blackberry is still shows you how the tweet was posted.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:13

This article appeared in the 11-21-05 issue of People magazine (the one with
Kenny Chesney on the cover).
---------------------------------------
-

For George Clooney, it began as a fine evening- cocktails after the London premiere of Good Night, and Good Luck on Nov. 3, a little dancing with former girlfriend Lisa Snowdon at the afterparty, held at the Cuban restaurant Floridita. And then....boom!

Clooney and one of the film's producers, Simon Franks, were suddenly arguing so heatedly in an alley behind the restaurant that the next day's British tabloids blared words like "Brawl" in their headlines. The cause of the dustup? It had "to do with someone being unkind to a woman...[and] while no
punches were thrown, George told the person to knock it off," said Clooney's rep. (British papers reported that he was responding to an unflattering remark he herd about a female employee.)

Added the actor: "I won't stand by while someone is being insulted and maligned."

Turns out that his chivalry also extends to Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.
"I saw all these reports on CNN where people would [say],
'Oh, she looks like a horse' and be really mean spirited," said Clooney at a press roundtable.

"We're long past the points in our lives where we need to be firing off on people like that."

I wonder what he'd say now about some comments about his
girl friend ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:22

Well, if that's the way he feels when the Duchess of Cornwall is criticised, then his blood must be boiling at times! God help anyone who says anything in his earshot.

The phrase 'mean spirited' was one his father used on the Piers Morgan CNN special, when he said that his son had never been like that...never heard the phrase before then

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 04 Nov 2012, 21:52

I don't think it's mean spirited to call out someone for apparently hypocritical behavior. Stacy just accepted a paycheck to promote a charity for the homeless. NYC alone now has between 30,000-40,000 homeless people due to Sandy; thousands more in New Jersey and the other states affected by the storm. Yet she couldn't be bothered to even tweet a link to how a person could help? As someone above said, it appears she's only interested in charity when she benefits. Notice now that Einstein is no longer a part of her press strategy, we never hear about Camp Cocker anymore? I guess ALL the rescue dogs have been saved. Rolling Eyes

And frankly, if George doesn't like these types of comments made about his girlfriend, he shouldn't date the kind of person who invites them. You'd think someone who makes humanitarian efforts such a large part of his life would prefer to spend time with people who can pay attention to a good cause for longer than fifteen minutes, and without getting paid.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 04 Nov 2012, 22:36

Missa wrote:I don't think it's mean spirited to call out someone for apparently hypocritical behavior. Stacy just accepted a paycheck to promote a charity for the homeless. NYC alone now has between 30,000-40,000 homeless people due to Sandy; thousands more in New Jersey and the other states affected by the storm. Yet she couldn't be bothered to even tweet a link to how a person could help? As someone above said, it appears she's only interested in charity when she benefits. Notice now that Einstein is no longer a part of her press strategy, we never hear about Camp Cocker anymore? I guess ALL the rescue dogs have been saved. Rolling Eyes

And frankly, if George doesn't like these types of comments made about his girlfriend, he shouldn't date the kind of person who invites them. You'd think someone who makes humanitarian efforts such a large part of his life would prefer to spend time with people who can pay attention to a good cause for longer than fifteen minutes, and without getting paid.

Game day came and there was immediate Ravens tweet - interesting prioirities the girl has. And yes, I am judging her.

Stacy Keibler‏@StacyKeibler
Goooooooooooo @Ravens!!!!!
4 hours agio
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Nov 2012, 06:10

Sure, but here's my problem: we don't know Stacy and George does. George knows exactly what she is doing and not just what she's apparently doing. Unlike us he knows the truth of how genuine her charitable participation and commitment is and so on.

Criticism isn't always mean spirited, but it isn't always fair or deserved, either.

I personally think that Stacy does these charitable things partly because she likes doing good (who here doesn't?) but also with an eye to how it makes her look (ie: for PR). But seeing as I don't know exactly what's going on behind the scenes I try to keep an open mind.

For all I know she's been donating massively. For all I know, she's been really ill in bed and hasn't even made it to a computer in days. For all I know she doesn't give sweet FA about Sandy's victims.

It's not just Stacy, it's every girlfriend George has. I get stuck in the role of trying to defend his girlfriends to people who seem to want to make everything the woman does look bad.

I have to say, it's easier to defend Stacy than, say, Elisabetta who posed nude and did 'porn' not to mention her nose-up-in-the-air pout when out in public which, for her detractors, made her a demon and therefore meant that nothing she ever did could be right.

As for Sarah Larson, you'd have thought she'd be easy to defend, but no, once the knickerless photos of her in Amsterdam came out, coupled with the comments made on the DeadC blog by someone who knew her at college, she became a golddigging prostitute and therefore lower than low, and again, nothing she did could ever be right in the eyes of some.

Sorry for that digression. I've been knocking around the fan boards for long enough to see the same thing happen time after time.

George doesn't exactly date the most stellar of women with praiseworthy accomplishments and as soon as something even vaguely sordid in her past comes out, some fans choose to demonise the girlfriend and criticise everything she says and does.

Nobody is perfect, not Stacy, not any of his ex-girlfriends. But equally, nobody is all bad either. It's that 'everything she does is wrong' mentality that frustrates me.

I try to put it in context. Is it really a problem that a paint company hired a celebrity [that's assuming she got paid] to launch their charitable drive with the result that Habitat for Humanity gets more money? Is it really an issue that Stacy didn't tweet how to support Sandy victims when I think just about every person on the planet must have known how to already?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 05 Nov 2012, 06:36

You are right of course Katie. It's actually ironic that every relationship he has is basically with the same girl and, while this is my first experience on a fansite, he never seems to be the one who incurs the anger of his fans. Instead he's portrayed as a poor hapless soul who's stuck with a woman who is only with him because of his money and fame.

It's kind of fascinating. He's perfect George and she, no matter who she is, is a famewhore. It's pretty clear he likes young, sexy girls and he uses them until he's bored and then he moves on. Relationships aren't his deal. And how do we know he's really like the man he puts out to the public? Having said all this I'm afraid I do think Stacy is a vapid person who is focused on image and money but so are Rande and Cindy and George seems to hang out with them a lot. What does that say about George I wonder.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Nov 2012, 07:49

OofOof wrote: he never seems to be the one who incurs the anger of his fans.
I wouldn't say 'never' but he's often overlooked. If I remember rightly, Watching and Lorna do call him out sometimes. I had issues with his Oscar campaign last year.

What I find odd is that as soon as someone criticises George, people get very riled up about it and there's an element of 'how dare you?' about the responses whereas the opposite is true when it comes to his girlfriend. It's more a question of 'how dare you find something nice to say about her?'.

OofOof wrote: he's portrayed as a poor hapless soul who's stuck with a woman who is only with him because of his money and fame [ . . . ] He's perfect and she, no matter who she is, is a famewhore.
That seems to be how some fans want to see it, although of course not everyone.

I think George is not in the least bit clueless about the women he dates. Nor do I think he's manipulated by them or 'used', but that's the picture some fans would like to paint and I really don't know why. I think he's well aware of what kind of a woman he dates and what she's up to while she dates him. I don't see how he can't be.

I think that's one of the dilemmas as a George Clooney fan: once you realise the kind of woman he consistently dates (in public, at least) and what that says about him, can you continue to be a fan of his? His girlfriends aren't exactly the kind to make an intelligent woman think the best of him.

OofOof wrote: And how do we know he's really like the man he puts out to the public?
I'd say that in some areas he clearly isn't. That's not a bad thing in any way; just an acknowledgement that like all humans he's less than ideal in some areas of his life.

Coming back to Joanna's question about what would George think of criticism made on this forum, I'm sure he wouldn't like it. That's just too bad for him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 05 Nov 2012, 08:11

Gotta go to bed so I'm awake enough tomorrow to make a living. Night Katie. Night all.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Nov 2012, 11:03

The bottom line for me is that it's nothing to do with us really, and surely it's better to see the good in someone than to be constantly criticising them.

There's quite enough evil going on in the world - and Our Hero does all he can to fight on the side of good - and at the very highest level globally. Oh, and his business acumen in his chosen profession doesn't seem bad either!

So do we really think his judgement is that bad at a personal level?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 05 Nov 2012, 12:09

Well, I feel free to criticize women who make their living out of stripping in a wrestling ring and showing their private parts to the cameras to become famous for nothing like Keibler did.
Supporting this kind of women in public is not a good thing to do, but I think Mr. Clooney's judgement in this department is lacking some substance as he might judge with his little friend down below instead of his brain or his heart.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 05 Nov 2012, 12:59

Dior wrote:Well, I feel free to criticize women who make their living out of stripping in a wrestling ring and showing their private parts to the cameras to become famous for nothing like Keibler did.
Supporting this kind of women in public is not a good thing to do, but I think Mr. Clooney's judgement in this department is lacking some substance as he might judge with his little friend down below instead of his brain or his heart.
Perhaps is his little friend down to choose his GF! and it is true that we women do not like a lot of the men who think with their little friend George but we forgive everything but we can not be silent!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Nov 2012, 13:08

Better hope he hasn't lost his heart as well as his little friend then..!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:11

I love how it goes from Eli taking her top off in a movie to her doing porn. Geez you ladies like to run with things. Anyway I think George knows exactly what he is doing with women and he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. If he wants to date someone who has naked pics he does it. If he wants to have a tits and ass wrestler as his red carpet escort he does it and doesn't give a damn about public opinion. We may not understand his motives and we may not like his behavior but George is just doing what George always does for his own reasons.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:21

I don't mind his choice this time around and admire his
single-mindedness in this matter. I like a man who knows
his own mind and sticks to it Thumbs up!

He's not looking for marriage material at this stage in his life
and has always been honest about that over the years.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:27

Dior wrote:Well, I feel free to criticize women who make their living out of stripping in a wrestling ring and showing their private parts to the cameras to become famous for nothing like Keibler did.

I don't recall seeing any pictures of Stacy's "private parts." If you've seen the pictures you're referring to then please post them to satisfy our avid curiosity. If you haven't then please stop posting this accusation.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:37

The next mrs clooney wrote: Anyway I think George knows exactly what he is doing with women and he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. If he wants to date someone who has naked pics he does it. If he wants to have a tits and ass wrestler as his red carpet escort he does it and doesn't give a damn about public opinion. We may not understand his motives and we may not like his behavior but George is just doing what George always does for his own reasons.

Therein lies the heart of the matter and that's why people like Watching, Lorna, Katie and others call him out when he does because it doesn't fit with the rest of the "persona" being presented to the public. And that's why most of his female fans as well, tend to excoriate "the girlfriend of" rather than looking at the "whole man" and accepting him, warts and all. It's much easier to say it's their fault and George is still the perfect man I can dream about with no flaws.

Not really very fair to George either, who is just trying to live his life, his way....don't we all? There isn't any reason he can't be a talented professional with an Alist career, contribute and give back to society in the many ways and manner in which he does and date whomever he wants to in his personal life, without having to apologize to anyone for his choices....from his point of view. It's his fans who aren't so open minded...not George. I don't recall him ever claiming sainthood...I think we, the public, project that on him as well as every other "celebrated professional" from any walk of life and we're always disappointed to find out that they're not really "Superman" or "Wonderwoman" which ever the case may be. It always happens when you look too close at anyone!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:39

cindigirl wrote:

I don't recall seeing any pictures of Stacy's "private parts." If you've seen the pictures you're referring to then please post them to satisfy our avid curiosity. If you haven't then please stop posting this accusation.

I haven't seen any either. Has anyone ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:45

Jo, I think if a picture of her nude were taken it would have been leaked out a long time ago.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:45

Lighterside wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote: Anyway I think George knows exactly what he is doing with women and he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. If he wants to date someone who has naked pics he does it. If he wants to have a tits and ass wrestler as his red carpet escort he does it and doesn't give a damn about public opinion. We may not understand his motives and we may not like his behavior but George is just doing what George always does for his own reasons.

Therein lies the heart of the matter and that's why people like Watching, Lorna, Katie and others call him out when he does because it doesn't fit with the rest of the "persona" being presented to the public. And that's why most of his female fans as well, tend to excoriate "the girlfriend of" rather than looking at the "whole man" and accepting him, warts and all. It's much easier to say it's their fault and George is still the perfect man I can dream about with no flaws.

Not really very fair to George either, who is just trying to live his life, his way....don't we all? There isn't any reason he can't be a talented professional with an Alist career, contribute and give back to society in the many ways and manner in which he does and date whomever he wants to in his personal life, without having to apologize to anyone for his choices....from his point of view. It's his fans who aren't so open minded...not George. I don't recall him ever claiming sainthood...I think we, the public, project that on him as well as every other "celebrated professional" from any walk of life and we're always disappointed to find out that they're not really "Superman" or "Wonderwoman" which ever the case may be. It always happens when you look too close at anyone!

For 20 years I've always liked him being a "Non Superman" man.....
not for me the "fantasy perfect bloke" image. Oh no.....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:47

cindigirl wrote:Jo, I think if a picture of her nude were taken it would have been leaked out a long time ago.

Quite Cindi.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Nov 2012, 15:49

his own reasons

yeah
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Nov 2012, 16:13

cindigirl wrote:Jo, I think if a picture of her nude were taken it would have been leaked out a long time ago.
What would have leaked out??!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 05 Nov 2012, 16:21

Katiedot wrote:
What would have leaked out??!

LMAO cheers Katie...you naughty girl! Embarassed (hehehehe good one!)
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next