George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six

+62
Snoopy
Polly Want A Cracker
janieb
premiere
NotAvailable
phys major
Wolfgang Gunnerson
LornaDoone
theminis
Cinderella
MyGirlKylie
caudata
Aly
Atalante
George CantStandYa
Elo
playfuldeb
Dior
blubelle
m4rose
kid.a.kadoodles
Lakin460
MM
fava
macs
pattygirl
davidarochelle
barla
Lighterside
party animal - not!
bunny
sisieq
fluffy
Merlin
watching
Michelle meyers
Missa
bamboochacha
Astras
madsky
EEOsandy
pandabear
LyndaGirl
lucy
laetval
zizi
Henway
cindigirl
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
socimar
Duffy
bellybaby
lovelylois
melbert
it's me
silly girl
annemarie
Dexterdidit
lelacorb
Katiedot
Pari
66 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 14 Mar 2012, 23:54

Well you do have to spell things out to her fans. Some of them are not that smart and clearly and not surprisingly this will fall on deaf ears. Stacy would focus on the caves cause she probably can't imagine anyone having to make do without the comforts she has. I think they have probably split but as usual it will get dragged out and Stacy will continue to take full advantage of it. She has been doing a lot of photoshoots for magazines I hope they are prepared to add the EX in their stories about her.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 9 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six

Post by blubelle Thu 15 Mar 2012, 00:09

I don't care if they have split or not because I don't believe G would enter into a meaningful relationship with someone that wasn't his intellectual equal. We have discussed the "whys" of his romances in other threads. What troubles me is his sincere efforts in this cause and how people equate this with his private life. Perhaps they are not as aware as we are.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Mar 2012, 00:13

I noticed on the latest tweet about Texting Sudan that her followers are trashing George and saying he needs to do more in this country. If I were his girlfriend I would actually reply to these as he does a lot to help people in the US also. Wonder if she'll actually stand up for her man and what he stands for??
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 15 Mar 2012, 00:28

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that too happen. Stacy is worried about losing her fans so she won't do anything to cheese them off. I don't think they are used to her putting anything substantial on her fb and clearly they don't care!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 15 Mar 2012, 01:41

Did anybody look at the juxtaposition of her tweet today?
First, Have you tried to eliminate dairy in your diet you will look better for bikini season, and then an hour later George and the horrible situation in Sudan. I know she can't win here, but this is really poor p.r. Doesn't she pay anyone to help her with this? What happened to the high powered agents, don't they have p.r. people?

I get the feeling she is trying to change her image to a more serious celebrity while still keeping the light celebrity image and fans, and even George has issues doing that too much and his fans aren't nearly as "light" as hers. (Being nice here) This is one of the reasons he doesn't do advertising commercials in the U.S. only overseas. Hurts the image. I get the feeling some of the tweets are auto tweeted, and she gets some $ for them. She probably doesn't realize the placement, this is why you pay people if you can't do it yourself.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 15 Mar 2012, 03:20

All those important beauty routine questions you want to know about Stacy have appeared in an article today in Allure mag. Lets put it this way,many things she does in her beauty routine probably cost more than a tank of gas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy Keibler Loves Drugstore Mascara and Working Out
BY KATE SULLIVAN, WRITER, MARCH 14, 2012, 11:02:18 AM

Stacy Keibler just seems like a blast. She live Tweeted the Oscars ("I feel like I'm going to the prom!"), for which her date was silver fox George Clooney. And now the former WWE wrestler (yep, you read that right) is filming an episode of the Adult Swim series NTSF:SD:SVU, an over-the-top procedural parody created by The League's Paul Scheer. We look forward to seeing more of her comedic chops, but during her recent visit to our office, we took a look at her beauty and workout routines instead.

What makeup do you wear on a typical day? "I have the mascara that I love is a purple tube and it's [Maybelline Volum' Express] Falsies. For eye shadows, my favorites are from M.A.C., just neutrals and browns. I wear Laura Mercier Translucent Powder and Lip Glace in Opal."

Do you prefer glosses or lipsticks? "I use both. I won't wear lipstick during the day though, I save that for night. My favorite color is C.O. Bigelow Pink Mink; it's so great; it goes on clear and it tastes good because there is peppermint oil in it."

What's different about your red carpet hair and makeup routine? "I guess that someone else is doing it. [Laughs] I use more hairspray for the red carpet, just so the style lasts a little bit longer. This morning, I don't have any in my hair. I use a Mason Pearson brush and just brush and go."

What’s your shampoo? "Marco Pelusi does my color, and I use his shampoo and conditioner. I put my conditioner on and leave it on for like 5 minutes while I'm shaving."

When you color, do you always go blonde? "I have sort of always had some sort of blonde. My hair gets a little bit blonder in the summer, so I kind of go with that and then as fall and winter come, I go and put more low-lights."

What are your other must-do beauty treatments? "I get manicures and pedicures. I also just got oxygen facial. I go to a small salon called Carasoin in Los Angeles, which I think is amazing!. I mean for literally 20 minutes they are just putting oxygen into your face. The bed that they have sometimes vibrates to the tranquil music because it's supposed to simulate you being in the womb. It was so relaxing because it's so subtle and every now and then you feel like you are one with the music."

Are you particular about where you get a manicure? "I go to the same place religiously. I wish everyone greeted me the way my nail salon greets me. Every person there is like, 'Hi Stacy!'

It's your Cheers. "Yeah, it's like Cheers, coming into my nail salon. It's like my family."

Are you as religious about exercise? "It's such a part of my life, if I can work out seven days a week, I will. I workout with a trainer, Juliet Kaska. We do everything from Pilates to weight training. If I can't see her, I will go to Barry’s Bootcamp or Physique 57. I just have to, I just realized I can't go with out it.

Do you prefer the one-on-one to the classes? "I feel that I don't know what my body would look like if I didn't have my trainer. I feel like having an appointment really keeps me in track—even if it's really early in the morning and I'm tired. You can always skip on the class but if you have an appointment with a trainer you get it in a little bit more. I like to do it first thing in the morning and get it out of the way because I have the most energy and if I wait too long I’m like maybe I just won’t work out today."

What's your favorite and least favorite thing to do? "Cardio is my probably my least favorite thing to do and I do it everyday. I know how great it is for you. That’s why I feel like Barry's Bootcamp pushes me, I run on a treadmill at 10mph, and I would never do that if I were by myself. When you are in a class and everyone around you is doing it, it just pushes you to really go. I would say that is probably my least favorite thing to do. My favorite thing to do is working out my legs. We do jump-rope, Pilates, I do weight training, and I do machines, plus, lots of squats and lunges."

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Thu 15 Mar 2012, 04:15

IMHO she may have some smarts but ding dang if the article didn't make her sound stupid and very air headed. Either that or the writer is a little light in the head. They put oxygen "in" her face as opposed to "on" and she hates cardio but does it every day..okay the snarky bell is ringing. I'm done. She just makes me I don't know sad in so many ways.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Thu 15 Mar 2012, 05:05

Why did she leave her career of fake wrestling?
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 15 Mar 2012, 05:11

None of those things she does is cheap and affordable to most even time wise most with real jobs and families don't have the time work out 7 days a week. She comes across as very into herself I don't think anyone loves Stacy's legs as much as she does. She talks about them in every interview. How about some humility? After she got born with them. Why is she tasting her lipstick? I certainly wouldn't boast about her hairdresser rarely has her hair been well done on the red carpet. All these interviews she has been getting are about health etc it's hard to work out what sort of job she expects out of this.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 05:29

What seems so sad to me is that this things are important to who? US- SK those who earn their living in Hollywood? Please tell me she is deeper
she comes across, cause if she isn't than once again I'm wondering , WTF am I such a die hard fan of this man?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 15 Mar 2012, 08:18

From her Facebook. I assume someone else wrote this for her. I honestly don't believe she understands the conflict or can actually spell humanitarian.

George addressed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee today about the humanitarian crisis he witnessed firsthand last week between Sudan and South Sudan. People shouldn't be forced to live in caves. Please support the fight against senseless attacks in Sudan's Nuba mountains. Text SUDAN to 30644 to take action and support [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The not so positive feedback

Bob's Wood on as that vid went viral.. Clooney is off to get some attention...

Eric Campodonico Yes because we should help other people before we help ours that are living under overpasses, in sewers etc..

Rick Penny thats right - who cares about other counrties when we need to look at our own , quit adobing all these kids from other counties and adobe one right in the the USA . help the USA first and then if we can help other , then lend a hand , so tired of hearing about all these famous people sending our money out of our counrty when we need the help right here at HOME.

Carl Guido Vitale Sorry, but We should take care of America first,then all these Third World Countries last.

Shawn Baublitz Darwinism... but there are enough problems here. Lets clean up our mess before we go help with someone else's

Tom Raczok The sad thing here is I am sure neither Stacy or George see or read or even hear about anything posted on Facebook.

Aaron Worsnup Tell your hubby to stop blaming the USA for the worlds problems...Now that he has seen the real world, tell him to take a second look at the man he supports in the white house...What is Obama doing for Sudan?

Al Capitalistrain George Clooney has enough money to hire a militia of mercenaries to clean up the mess in Sudan...

Ed Brace While George continues to live in his mansions all around the world. Glad George is an expert on The Sudan, genocide and poverty...another Hollywood phony...

Joe McKeague Can you answer me one question: Why is it the Hollywood throws a fit for us to leave senseless-money burning wars (Afghanistan/Iraq) but then begs the gov't to go somewhere else to do the exact same thing we were just doing somewhere else?

Scott Kutach Our ENTIRE country witnessed Obama circumventing our checks and balances by sending troops into Libya WITHOUT congressional approval. Of course that's just one of many similar incidents. The dictatorship in our own country is a much bigger problem.

Rob Marrs We need to FOCUS on AMERICAN CITIZENS .. not our ENEMIES !!

Rachelle Elias Yes why hasn't George done anything for our veterans???? Typical disconnected Hollywood ...

Richard Napoli Let the sudan people go to his movies next time cause I am done Like really with all the issues here in the US lets straighten our problems out first Sorry Stacy

Hunter Carreno what about takeing care of the American ppl first !!!!! ??

Johnny Rugzz Typical jerkoff Hollywood liberal.. Grow a pair of balls George or borrow Stacy's .... Let them all kill each other

Antonio Martinez And??? Does he want a cookie? All he did was talk to a bunch of guys who don't care.

Gilbert Vallejo You idiots should be worried about the people in your own damn country first!
about an hour ago.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 15 Mar 2012, 08:28

Stacy Keibler - Maxim Australia – April 2012
Old pics, I assume a newish interview but some of it sounds recycled so maybe not.

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:24

Ummm I really hope she is joking when she talks about selling her slightly used panties on eBay! Cause that is beyond disgusting. Doesn't like guys to use lines but it's fine for one to walk up and say " I think your beautiful" yeah Stacy that's a line! This girl is stupid which makes her grade point average in high school even more surprising.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:04

A high GPA does not necessarily indicate intelligence. Her class load could have been clerical studies or vo-tech in high school or remedial math / english in college - did she graduate college? Freshman core classes are not that challenging. I knew some real bimbos in National Honor Society.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:37

It only says she went there is nothing about her graduating and if she had she would be boasting about it!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:26

yep, good point dex.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:26

Still trying to understand Twitter and how it works....her first tweet says "Retweet"...so does this mean it was originally her tweet, or someone else tweeted it, and she reposted?

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:33

Al Capitalistrain George Clooney has enough money to hire a militia of mercenaries to clean up the mess in Sudan...

he is not a beast
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:42

A comment from her F B today....

What's wrong with letting a 'celebrity' decide what touches him?
If he feels this is where he was led to help who are any of you to say but but but the US needs help too?
So unless he is going to help strictly the U.S. he shouldn't
help at all?
People have understandable points but shouldn't people be allowed to do and/pr help wherever THEY deem it necessary?
What are any of you complaining doing to help?
No many are not celebs but if you are so passionate about U.S. problems then surely you who are throwing stones are knee deep into helping with those problems?
No? Oh well then mind your own business and let the man live
HIS life!

12 hours ago ·
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:49

I was just reading her FB comments....more posters are slamming George for not helping in the US, than supporting him. Too many to post. One calls her out on the fact that it was the first time she used his name!

Good job, Cray Cray.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:54

Do you agree with them bellybaby ? confused
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:58

90% of the folks who read Stacy on FB has no idea of the difference between a country's economic problems (half the world!) And the genocide of a people! Before you worry about having money in my pocket and just worry about those who can not even live! George is not God is only a man but if every man did what he does, perhaps there would be no genocide in the world!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:06

I agree

education
is the first thing

anyway

I love you ciao
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:20

Joanna wrote:Do you agree with them bellybaby ? confused

To be honest, yes, a part of me does agree with some of the comments. I think celebrities get caught up in finding a "cause" that's glamorous and looks good in print. Angelina wearing a scarf and talking with children in Africa is far more enticing in a photo, than her in a VA hospital just talking with someone....I have such respect for Brad Pitt for all of his efforts to help rebuild Louisiana, cuz there are alot of people that live there that don't eat dailly, and live on the streets - they're not caves, but they might as well be - and don't misunderstand me - I'm in no way comparing what the Sudanese people are enduring with the people in Louisiana - not by a long shot.

HOWEVER...there are soooo many people, in so many parts of the world that need help, that I think the important thing is to help, in what ever way you can, in the cause that compels you personally. And for this, I absolutely applaud George. He's shedding a huge amount of light on a subject that has gone on for far too long, and he's using his celebrity status to facilitate it. As does Angelina.

And the morons that post on Cray's FB page are....morons. How and why they expect George to singlehandedly save the US is beyond me. And, like the poster you quoted, I wonder how many of them help anybody, anywhere.....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:22

Well I think I would have more respect for Stacy, if she had told those morons that the people here in the US are suffering BUT they're not in danger of being killed for the color of their skin or because they're sitting/living on an oil field.

Yes, the plight of our fellow Americans is deplorable but they aren't being shot at every day of their lives and their children aren't being blown to peices either on a daily basis.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:31

I agree, Lighterside. But there are Americans, like our returning soldiers, that have been shot at, and blown to pieces, everyday, that once they get home, are simply forgotten. They don't get the physical, or mental help that they need. Our government cuts their funding, almost daily. They have no jobs, they lose their homes, and alot of times, are left by their spouses, who simply don't know how to help them. Can you equate this with ethnic cleansing? Of course not. But people needing help, are people needing help.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:37

As the economic crisis is great in most of the industrialized world, life can not be compared to that of an African who is dying of leprosy (just an aspirin to cure the leprosy!) Who dies of malaria infected drinking water that does not live lives in caves in mud huts who sees his children die under the bombs or daughters raped by soldiers of the regime: How can we complain? The population of Sudan has nothing not even the dignity of the poor live!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:41

lelacorb wrote:How can we complain? The population of Sudan has nothing not even the dignity of the poor live!

Very well said lela!!!!!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:58

Thanks for your reply bellybaby.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Thu 15 Mar 2012, 14:03

bellybaby wrote:Still trying to understand Twitter and how it works....her first tweet says "Retweet"...so does this mean it was originally her tweet, or someone else tweeted it, and she reposted?

Not sure if anyone answered you.... RT =Retweeted. Most of the time it was someone else's original tweet, but watch where the RT appears. If RT in the Middle the befor part would be her's everything after the RT is the original tweet.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 14:50

Hmmmm....

Stacy Keibler‏@StacyKeiblerReply

Packing for Barcelona. Never been there! Business trip, but hoping to see some sights. Where should I go?
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Mar 2012, 15:06

wonder what kind of business she is doing in Barcelona. Not so sure the Europeans will be that welcoming to her if she doesnt put some sustinance behind her words. Any how, I'm guessign George is not going on that trip, more time apart..... the clock is definitely ticking or maybe the alarm has gone off already blowup
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Mar 2012, 15:13

bellybaby wrote:
Joanna wrote:Do you agree with them bellybaby ? confused

To be honest, yes, a part of me does agree with some of the comments. I think celebrities get caught up in finding a "cause" that's glamorous and looks good in print. Angelina wearing a scarf and talking with children in Africa is far more enticing in a photo, than her in a VA hospital just talking with someone....I have such respect for Brad Pitt for all of his efforts to help rebuild Louisiana, cuz there are alot of people that live there that don't eat dailly, and live on the streets - they're not caves, but they might as well be - and don't misunderstand me - I'm in no way comparing what the Sudanese people are enduring with the people in Louisiana - not by a long shot.

HOWEVER...there are soooo many people, in so many parts of the world that need help, that I think the important thing is to help, in what ever way you can, in the cause that compels you personally. And for this, I absolutely applaud George. He's shedding a huge amount of light on a subject that has gone on for far too long, and he's using his celebrity status to facilitate it. As does Angelina.

And the morons that post on Cray's FB page are....morons. How and why they expect George to singlehandedly save the US is beyond me. And, like the poster you quoted, I wonder how many of them help anybody, anywhere.....

i really dont think that the Sudan is a glamorous cause, and George risks his life each time he goes there. This is his main cause and people dont seem to understand that as super power the US has a responsibility to the citizens of other countries as well as their own country. George has a lot of other charities that he supports but these are also charities that also get a significant amount of attention, such as Aids research etc. The plight in darfur and Sudan was ignored by the press and celebrities as well as the politicians this is why George chooses to draw the attention there.

I agree that many of her followers appear to morons, the fact that they would trash someone when they are doing good is so wrong. If he was sitting on his ass sipping cocktails and not supporting any cause then sure slam him then, but he is making a difference and many of these commenters only care about getting nude pictures of Stacy. Now that's what I call making a difference Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 15:21

The next mrs clooney wrote:wonder what kind of business she is doing in Barcelona. Not so sure the Europeans will be that welcoming to her if she doesnt put some sustinance behind her words. Any how, I'm guessign George is not going on that trip, more time apart..... the clock is definitely ticking or maybe the alarm has gone off already blowup

Based on her tweet activity, she didn't do much yesterday. You would think that since they've been apart for two weeks, she would have flown to NY/Washington to be with him for at least a day before going on to Barcelona. Maybe this is why George likes her. They both do their own things and then hook-up occasionally. IMO something doesn't sound right though.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Mar 2012, 15:29

EEoSandy, I agree I would have thought she would have met up with him in DC and gone to the dinner last night since everyone else took their significant others, and then at least she would get to see him before her trip. She could have flown to Barcelona from DC, much shorter flight too. Something hasnt been sounding right for a while. I still say in April we will get the announcement.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 15 Mar 2012, 15:43

I think we all agree that there is "need" in this country that has to be addressed. The difference is that we have a government that we elect. We have the power to vote people in or out. The army in this country is controlled by legislation and congress. Sudan has no safeguards for its people. Helping people in other parts of the world doesn't mean we are turning our backs on people here. If someone from the outside doesn't come to help, who will?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 15:49

Try not to visit this thread too often but I'm Glad that she responded in defense of George and Sudan, if that was her comment on her FB than she can talk about something other than herself. She is a beautiful woman and it must take a lot of time and effort to maintain, but why go on and on about it all the time, is or if that is the only subject other than George that people talk to her about, well how sad.
Can understand how people feel about celebs not doing anything in their own country, in their defense when you travel to third world countries it's hard not to see the differences and it is shocking. But I love those that do things to help here in the US, they just don't get the press.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 15 Mar 2012, 16:05

[From Celebitchy today on George going to State Dinner without Stacy. The question they ponder is, Stacy is good enough for an Oscar date, but not the Whitehouse.

Michelle Obama placed a Keibler-less George Clooney beside her at the state dinner

I wish we had photos from last night’s White House state dinner for UK prime minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha, but we don’t. You can see some photos here at The Daily Mirror. The Obamas got a great turnout for the dinner, both with American and British celebrities. My boy Damian Lewis from Homeland came with his wife (they’re both British) – apparently, Pres. Obama LOVES Homeland (it‘s a really good show). Oh, and English actor Idris Elba was there!!! You know Pres. Obama loves The Wire, so it was probably awesome for him to invite Stringer Bell. Harvey Weinstein and his British wife, Georgina Chapman, were there. And the Earl of Grantham!!! Hugh Bonneville was invited, because FLOTUS loves some Downton Abbey. Bless her. But my favorite story coming out of the state dinner is this – George Clooney came solo! No Stacy Keibler. And to reward him for his escort-less appearance to the White House, Michelle Obama seated Clooney right beside her – you can see the photo here. Oh course the British tabloids are trying to make this into a “Michelle Obama is not immune to The Clooney’s many charms” story.

Life can’t be easy when your husband is the President, so good on Michelle Obama for basically using a formal dinner at The White House to invite everyone who she thinks is fit off the telly round.

Last night, Washington’s First Lady and her old man held an event to honour David Cameron and his wife Samantha, who are in the country on a state visit. And, because they damn well can, the Obamas decided to turn the White House dinner into a British/American themed party to celebrate the best talent in each country. We’re not talking artists, writers and scientists either – we’re talking A-list celebrities.

The first Hollywood star Michelle decided to invite was George Clooney, who found himself sitting next to the President’s wife at the table over dinner. Surprisingly, there was no sign of George’s girlfriend Stacey Keibler – Michelle probably has access to those memory wipers on Men In Black or something.

As a huge fan of Downton Abbey, Michelle also invited Hugh Bonneville and wife Lulu Williams to the affair, no doubt to grill him about the upcoming third series.

Meanwhile, Barack is said to be a big Homeland fan, so invited star of the show Damian Lewis and his missus Helen McCrory along for dinner. Anna Wintour landed an invite, probably so that she could judge who was best dressed out of Michelle –in Marchesa – and head guest Samantha – in Georgina Chapman.

But that must have been an awkward decision for Anna, with Michelle obviously worthy of the title, although the designer of Sam’s dress was actually there with husband Harvey Weinstein.

Other celebrity types on the guest list included actor Idris Elba, while Richard Branson also managed to sneak in. And who provided the entertainment? Mumford and Sons.

[From The Mirror]

So let me get this straight – Stacy Keibler is good enough to come to the Oscars, where she’s paraded around with the likes of truly talented actors and genuine A-list celebrities, but when it comes to a White House state dinner, even Clooney is embarrassed to bring out his escort? That sounds about right. Can you imagine Stacy’s attitude if she had been invited? The horror. So… do you think this is a signal that Keibler is on her way out? God knows. Is it a signal that Michelle Obama has a little crush on Clooney? If I was Michelle, I would have wanted to sit next to Idris Elba. I would love to watch that man eat. You know what I mean?

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 15 Mar 2012, 16:20

While I am glad that she finally said something and it seems like they might have been scheduled posts I am disappointed that she got more responses as to what to do in Spain than what is going on in the Sudan, still I am glad she posted...I know I keep expecting too much.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 15 Mar 2012, 16:58

bellybaby wrote:I agree, Lighterside. But there are Americans, like our returning soldiers, that have been shot at, and blown to pieces, everyday, that once they get home, are simply forgotten. They don't get the physical, or mental help that they need. Our government cuts their funding, almost daily. They have no jobs, they lose their homes, and alot of times, are left by their spouses, who simply don't know how to help them. Can you equate this with ethnic cleansing? Of course not. But people needing help, are people needing help.

bellybaby, you're preaching to the choir when it comes to our troops and the mishandling of their return from war and their special needs both medical and career help but I believe that the Obama Administration is trying to address these issues under the current budget restraints, as well as trying to help mediate in situations where the soldiers' homes have been forclosed on, which is supposed to be against the law, I thought.

But the difference here is that they signed up for war, knowing full well that they were going to be sent to places like Iraq, Afghanistan and other hot spots around the world and that they would be putting their lives on the line because of it. Not so with the people in the South Sudan where they are being used as pawns in a political/economic war over oil and the wealth that comes with it. They have been there forever...literally. When asked by George how long they had lived on that land, one of the soldiers replied, "since Creation"....meaning that was always their land. And now they can't even plant their fields so they can feed their families. Not the same thing at all I'm afraid, not that you can compare needs anyway and say whom would be more deserving...it's not about that.

It's life and death for these people every single day, without respite and they didn't sign up for that.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 15 Mar 2012, 17:09

From Dlisted. Warning can be raunchy.

Thursday, March 15th 2012
Stacy Keibler Who?

Along with the First Lady of the Death Eaters, Anna Wintour, Harvey Weinstein and Georgina Chapman, George Clooney was a guest of the Obamas at last night's White House State Dinner for British prime minister David Cameron and he ate next to Michelle Obama. Stacy Keibler didn't go with Clooney to that shit last night, because Hollywood escort season (aka awards season) is over and her services as his full-time purse holder are no longer needed. Stacy was there in spirit, though (peep at the beard).

While Sarah Larson gave Stacy a tour of George Clooney's Halfway House for Reformed Hos, George got lost in the string of blue balls around Michelle's neck. Stupid ass George Clooney! That dumb bitch was so mesmerized with Michelle's Smurf pearl necklace that he failed to see that the First Lady couldn't lift her damn eyelids due to the 30 pounds of eyelashes holding them down. Seriously, those aren't lashes, those are eyelid anchors. Homegirl needed a helping hand and George was too busy being like, "Durr... durr... purdy balls... shiny balls... I like balls..." George, help an Obama out by prying those lids open with your salad fork. Damn. Does the SEAL Team Six have to do everything?!

Or maybe Michelle wasn't having a traumatic eyelid experience. Maybe she was wishing herself into a safe place where George Clooney isn't going on and on about how beautiful, smart and perfect Brad Pitt is...

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:08

These gossip people are so confused. After Stacy tweeted early this morning that she was PACKING to go to Barcelona, TMZ says she left last night for a shoot in Barcelona.

George Clooney Trades Stacy KeiblerFor 1st Lady ... For a Night

George Clooney's girlfriend definitely has her priorities -- she missed a night at the White House for a modeling shoot, but George found a suitable sub -- Michelle Obama.

George was at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for a White House State Dinner, honoring British Prime Minister David Cameron. Other famous attendees included Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, producer Harvey Weinstein, and actor Idris Elba.

As for Stacy ... we're told she left last night for Barcelona for a modeling shoot.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:33

She may have gone via Washington.... for a romantic tryst ?
We've all done that no doubt Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:52

Lighterside wrote:
bellybaby wrote:I agree, Lighterside. But there are Americans, like our returning soldiers, that have been shot at, and blown to pieces, everyday, that once they get home, are simply forgotten. They don't get the physical, or mental help that they need. Our government cuts their funding, almost daily. They have no jobs, they lose their homes, and alot of times, are left by their spouses, who simply don't know how to help them. Can you equate this with ethnic cleansing? Of course not. But people needing help, are people needing help.

bellybaby, you're preaching to the choir when it comes to our troops and the mishandling of their return from war and their special needs both medical and career help but I believe that the Obama Administration is trying to address these issues under the current budget restraints, as well as trying to help mediate in situations where the soldiers' homes have been forclosed on, which is supposed to be against the law, I thought.

But the difference here is that they signed up for war, knowing full well that they were going to be sent to places like Iraq, Afghanistan and other hot spots around the world and that they would be putting their lives on the line because of it. Not so with the people in the South Sudan where they are being used as pawns in a political/economic war over oil and the wealth that comes with it. They have been there forever...literally. When asked by George how long they had lived on that land, one of the soldiers replied, "since Creation"....meaning that was always their land. And now they can't even plant their fields so they can feed their families. Not the same thing at all I'm afraid, not that you can compare needs anyway and say whom would be more deserving...it's not about that.

It's life and death for these people every single day, without respite and they didn't sign up for that.

Again, I agree with you. And again, I'm not diminishing the plight of the Sudanese, nor comparing them to anyone else's plight.

And yes, our soldiers are volunteering to be in harm's way, for the safety of others.

I also believe George to be sincere in his charitable efforts in Sudan (and not doing it for the "glamour", as I so crassly put it - however, I don't believe this is the case for all celebs), as he is one of the few celebs that grew up with the benefit of a father like Nick, that was very knowledgeable about the plight of his local community as well as the global community.

Joanna asked me a question, I answered it, from my perspective.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:17

lovelylois wrote:That dumb bitch was so mesmerized with Michelle's Smurf pearl necklace that he failed to see that the First Lady couldn't lift her damn eyelids due to the 30 pounds of eyelashes holding them down. Seriously, those aren't lashes, those are eyelid anchors.

Thanks lovely for the DList quote. I thought those eyelashes were a bit to "lush." Thanks lovely for the first real laugh I got today.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:25

EEOsandy wrote:These gossip people are so confused. After Stacy tweeted early this morning that she was PACKING to go to Barcelona, TMZ says she left last night for a shoot in Barcelona.

George Clooney Trades Stacy KeiblerFor 1st Lady ... For a Night

George Clooney's girlfriend definitely has her priorities -- she missed a night at the White House for a modeling shoot, but George found a suitable sub -- Michelle Obama.

George was at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for a White House State Dinner, honoring British Prime Minister David Cameron. Other famous attendees included Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, producer Harvey Weinstein, and actor Idris Elba.

As for Stacy ... we're told she left last night for Barcelona for a modeling shoot.

Stacy But what could he do in the White House what she could say? She is a person of low educational level, what would they think of George! I think she has never been nor invitatanè George Obama (perhaps because Obama is a gentleman), but George has invented something to exclude her.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:28

It's not shouting. She's clarifying exactly what you're supposed to text.

She can't win either way, can she? If she says nothing she gets accused of being vain and all about herself but if she mentions Sudan, she gets criticised too.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:31

Thanks bellybaby...
I believe George is 100% sincere in his concerns for Sudan. He wouldn't put himself out to be targeted by the rockets if he were not IMO !

And yes other celebs do get involved with all kinds of humanitarian endeavours. Are there any others who've been into dangerous areas and "war zones" ? I'm curious to know more.

I know SK has been criticised for not tweeting about George in Sudan. I don't think I would talk online about someone I cared about being in a dangerous place either, until they were safely home. If others do talk online, then that's their responsibility.

The ignorant responses to the "Support George and Sudan" message are to be expected, it's par for the course whenever foreign aid is discussed. It happens here in UK on all discussions and phone-call-ins. There will always be those who believe in "charity begins at home"....always has been and always will be. I've experienced that kind of ignorant prejudice even at a very local level. It makes one very angry, but there is nothing that can be done about it.
I believe those attitudes are best ignored and wouldn't
expect SK to make any responses.

At least those ignorant Twitter/Facebook responses have triggered off some interesting discussions here. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:34

Katiedot wrote:It's not shouting. She's clarifying exactly what you're supposed to text.

She can't win either way, can she? If she says nothing she gets accused of being vain and all about herself but if she mentions Sudan, she gets criticised too.
Katie is the problem that can speak only of herself on her legs and her back, a poor woman, pretty but stupid!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:41

Katie are you referring to what I said? I never said she was shouting just that she seemed frustrated and I used the word "yell" which doesn't necessarily meani shouting to me, more like being exasperated at having to explain. I do agree she can't win, but it seemed so out of character for her....that's all. Sorry I said something upsetting...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next