George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six

+62
Snoopy
Polly Want A Cracker
janieb
premiere
NotAvailable
phys major
Wolfgang Gunnerson
LornaDoone
theminis
Cinderella
MyGirlKylie
caudata
Aly
Atalante
George CantStandYa
Elo
playfuldeb
Dior
blubelle
m4rose
kid.a.kadoodles
Lakin460
MM
fava
macs
pattygirl
davidarochelle
barla
Lighterside
party animal - not!
bunny
sisieq
fluffy
Merlin
watching
Michelle meyers
Missa
bamboochacha
Astras
madsky
EEOsandy
pandabear
LyndaGirl
lucy
laetval
zizi
Henway
cindigirl
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
socimar
Duffy
bellybaby
lovelylois
melbert
it's me
silly girl
annemarie
Dexterdidit
lelacorb
Katiedot
Pari
66 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:43

The soldiers in Afghanistan, in Iraq do a great job but they do so voluntarily and are well paid to go into dangerous areas of the world while a child in Sudan asks only to live without being bombed, a child in Sudan asks only to live well with little food and little water! To you it feels like the same thing?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six - Page 10 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part six

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:53

To whom are you asking your question lelacorb ? confused
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:26

Sorry Silly Girl, I was referring to a conversation on page between Joanna and Lakin. Would have helped if I'd quoted what I was replying to, eh?! Smile
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 15 Mar 2012, 23:53

I wonder what business Stacy has in Barcelona? I'm sure she will tweet about it. Looks like it will be awhile before she get's to see George again. She could have gone to Washington but didn't that speaks volumes for their "relationship" and it is being called out. I think the split will be soon due to conflicting schedules. LOL Then all of Stacy's work will dry up....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:13

lelacorb wrote:The soldiers in Afghanistan, in Iraq do a great job but they do so voluntarily and are well paid to

Just a note, I have family members who are U.S. Soldiers, Soldiers are paid pretty modestly for the dangerous job that they do. For a high ranking officer, with a lot of education, if they were in the private sector, they would receive double to triple the amount of money for that job. I have a cousin and she is a captain and nurse practitioner in the military, with two masters degrees and she would be making a lot of money running a hospital right now if she was private. She is in the military because like others, they believe in serving and protecting the United States.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:23

I don't think not being in Washington says anything about their relationship--whatever one's opinion of that is. I think he viewed it as a working visit, not a red carpet. The publicity needs to be about Sudan and her realizes that.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:36

I think you're right, fava.

They both understand the PR machine very well, and are a pretty good team - and manage to look happy about it too!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:42

work or not, a true significant other is always there to support the other. I seem to remember that he took Sarah larson to soothing that was related to his humanitarian work.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:46

Surely by now it's been established that she's not his significant other?

She's someone he's dating. It doesn't seem to be serious on either side and they seem happy the way things are.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:58

Yep, I agree with Katie, it's obvious they're not exclusive. The relationship is too casual and frankly, I feel a bit sorry for Stacy. She stands the most to lose in this arrangement. She looks to be just another casualty of George's fame.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 16 Mar 2012, 01:16

The fact ,that he did not bring Stacy to such an important event ,to me means , that his relationships with her is much a do about nothing since his real passion right now in helping the Sudan and its people. Also, I can’t imagine that Stacy would not want to go to the White House for an Official Dinner. If she was invited ,by George, she would have gotten out of her obligations and that Barcelona photo shoot. Now that there is gossip that she was a no-show at the White House, she will make sure pictures and tweets about her photo shoot will go out and of course a photo op with George in Cabo or out to dinner.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 16 Mar 2012, 01:50

Oh my goodness. Little did our Miss Stacy realize the conversation she would start with her little twits!! I can so feel all of your passion in your comments. Very well said everyone!

I don't believe that she was doggie-sitting Einstein. What would be the need for her to do that (except to let us know she was doing it) as she is leaving for Spain and WHO would be taking care of Einstein now? The same person who always takes care of Einstein! Not her.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 03:39

I don't know if anyone noticed but John's wife wasn't on the guest list either. He was alone also, and he lives in Washington, DC. Others were alone also, like Richard Branson. It really doesn't mean a thing in the scheme of things GC & SK.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 16 Mar 2012, 06:58

Exactly, Pattygirl. It doesn't mean anything at all in their relationship.

As much as many would wish otherwise, they're still together and the dog she's referring to is Einstein. You don't need to take my word for it; there'll be pictures of them out together soon enough.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 16 Mar 2012, 09:31

Dexterdidit wrote:I wonder what business Stacy has in Barcelona?

Dex, I'm guessing she is filming a foreign ad for some product. If it were just a modelling gig, I would assume they could find somewhere in the States for the shoot - even for a international publication. I think it will be in the vein of George's bank ad or Betty's mattress ad. Well, that's my guess.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 16 Mar 2012, 09:34

I think they are just dating and enjoying each others company no big deal. I don't feel sorry for Stacey she is using her relationship with George to get a head in her career she is doing more photo shoots than she probably ever has, she is also doubled her appearance fees. She knew this relationship wasn't forever and chose to go with it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:56

I prefer that he didn't bring her to the White House. His introduction of Sarah Larson to the Dalai Lama was when I started to think he'd really lost his mind. At least he seems to have regained some of his faculties. Very Happy
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:03

annemarie wrote:I think they are just dating and enjoying each others company no big deal. I don't feel sorry for Stacey she is using her relationship with George to get a head in her career she is doing more photo shoots than she probably ever has, she is also doubled her appearance fees. She knew this relationship wasn't forever and chose to go with it.

Stacy can never think any further than the "big deal" she can be na Annamarie?? Greedy daughter I made!! All my fault!! Now George is almost sounding like her... Bah!!! Very Happy Atleast Mr. Weinstein knows how to "deal" well with her... He most probably got it right somewhere... Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:52

Looks like she has touched down in Barcelona as she has gotten back onto her twitter account re-tweeting a Dalai Lama tweet

Dalai Lama‏@DalaiLama
On a personal level, we all appreciate people who are kind and warm-hearted.
Retweeted by Stacy Keibler 2 hours ago
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:00

Could have done that on a stopover in Washington............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:04

I was thinking the same thing that she flew into Wash DC then flew to Spain from there....as for the tweet, I too follow the Dalai Lama and retweeted it earlier this morning, since I check her tweets too she retweeted after me as it wasn't there when I did it....not that that means anything....I just thought it was funny that I got to it first...he has a bizillion followers.... Laughing

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:00

party animal - not! wrote:Could have done that on a stopover in Washington............

Doubt it - she's is already sightseeing in Barcelona

21m Stacy Keibler‏@StacyKeibler
The mixture of surrealistic Gaudi & the gothic old city, Barcelona is one of the most beautiful untouched places I've been to. Love it here!

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:23

bellybaby wrote:
Again, I agree with you. And again, I'm not diminishing the plight of the Sudanese, nor comparing them to anyone else's plight.

Joanna asked me a question, I answered it, from my perspective.

I forgot actually that we were in Stacy's thread. LOL

I was just enjoying the political discussion! I always enjoy talking about things like this...sorry, didn't mean for it to come across as a challenge to your ideals. It's all good! Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:30

It may not have been up to George whether or not he brought her to the dinner, the White House has no obligation to invite him with a "plus one" and he may well have been invited solo. I don't think we can assume he would not have brought her if he had the chance.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:50

fava wrote:It may not have been up to George whether or not he brought her to the dinner, the White House has no obligation to invite him with a "plus one" and he may well have been invited solo. I don't think we can assume he would not have brought her if he had the chance.

I think that George would not reach!!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:02

Since Stacey said they were going to Italy maybe they will meet up there .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:39

silly girl wrote:..... but it seemed so out of character for her....that's all.
Yes, IMHO, out of character, but we've harped about it so much here she is starting. However, like someone posted the other day - too little, too late. I agree, I'm not impressed. Should have do things like that from the beginning.

We've also said here how EC would retweet something sent to her of importance. Well, Cray is starting that too. Again, not impressed. Too little, too late. And, NO, its not d*mn if she does and d*mn if she doesn't. She has shown her true colors from the beginning.

Stacy Keibler ‏ @StacyKeibler
RT @annagovols: @StacyKeibler WEAR BLUE APRIL 2nd FOR AUTISM AWARENESS!!!! It would mean the WORLD to me if we could get this trending. Thx

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:46

ROTFLOL! Not going to the White House dinner has nothing to do with it. If there is a will, there is a way and an arrangement could have been made just to see each other. Other dignitaries brought their "other half", but that's besides the point. Who knows, maybe John's wife had a prior commitment. Seems some are trying to make a point using John's wife as an example when they don't know the true circumstances. Whenever some of us do the same thing we get "told off".

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:58

This was part of the msnbc report

One reporter asked how Clooney's girlfriend, actress and former pro wrestler Stacy Keibler, would react to the arrest. "She's probably thrilled," Clooney deadpanned.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:08

I'm surprised we haven't had any tweets about his arrest from her, especially with #freeGeorge trending worldwide on twitter. Even if it was just a cryptic tweet, like "proud", it would be something to show support.
Maybe he thought she would be thrilled about him being locked up because he broke up with her and she would see it as punishment for him. Here I go with that wishful thinking again:-)
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:11

Lighterside wrote:
bellybaby wrote:
Again, I agree with you. And again, I'm not diminishing the plight of the Sudanese, nor comparing them to anyone else's plight.

Joanna asked me a question, I answered it, from my perspective.

I forgot actually that we were in Stacy's thread. LOL

I was just enjoying the political discussion! I always enjoy talking about things like this...sorry, didn't mean for it to come across as a challenge to your ideals. It's all good! Thumbs up!

Thanks Lighterside, I appreciate that! I never meant to start a comparison between causes, and I'm happy that we all seem to be on the same page when it comes to helping people, and that's the important thing!

@EEOsandy...I was just watching that video and caught the same thing!!!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:17

As I said before...it's all been a very interesting discussion & in some ways a learning curve for me....so thanks ladies Thumbs up!

(Sorry sisieq....but I do like to say "thank you"...OK ?"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:38

No pix of Barcelona yet.............Mm

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:53

sisieq wrote:ROTFLOL! Not going to the White House dinner has nothing to do with it. If there is a will, there is a way and an arrangement could have been made just to see each other. Other dignitaries brought their "other half", but that's besides the point. Who knows, maybe John's wife had a prior commitment. Seems some are trying to make a point using John's wife as an example when they don't know the true circumstances. Whenever some of us do the same thing we get "told off".

I guess the White House had to use a protocol that says that when a state dinner is given in honor of a visiting head of state who is on an official trip with a consort, guests to the dinner will be invited with their consorts or significant other. George and John were in town to "celebvocate" about Sudan before a Senate committee and only because they were in town they were invited to join the dinner but I bet they never received an official handwritten invitation in advance.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:58

[quote="
Maybe he thought she would be thrilled about him being locked up because he broke up with her and she would see it as punishment for him. Here I go with that wishful thinking again:-)[/quote]

The reporter said it was a "deadpan" comment, but I really couldn't tell how he made the statement. I was very surprised that George even acknowledged the question. With all the activity going on around him and questions being shot at him, it would have been very easy for him to ignore the question altogether and/or play like he didn't hear it, especially since it was at the end.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:05

official handwritten invitation?

anyway he answered with his face almost totally turned back
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:47

But he did say (i think!) 'she'll be thrilled'. Present tense

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:16

party animal - not! wrote:But he did say (i think!) 'she'll be thrilled'. Present tense

I hate to say this, I think he said it in the "present tense" because Stacy and George are still a couple. Just because ,she wasn't tweeting about his Sudan mission and not showing up at a White House dinner doesn't mean it is over. My analogy of their relationship is like Stacy is like a dry martini after a long day at work. Stacy is George's martini, a long week of fighting Washington he comes home to her and doesn't think about that stuff. He wants to relax and not think about politics or anything to complex and I think Stacy fits the profile.

Also, my husband and I are each involved with our own non profit organizations and causes and there are many times we don't attend each others functions. Sometimes we don't even talk about what is going on. We each consider what we do, with these organizations, our own thing. That might be for Stacy. It is George's thing not hers.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:20

Or maybe, George knew he was going to force his arrest while in Washington (diff thread) and didnt want her to be involved so he told her to stay away?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:25

Well if it were me, I would be standing with my arm around Nina showing my support, trying to make the most quotable and insightful comments humanly possible. And if a silly reporter asked me about my clothes, I would say how happy I was to live in a country where I knew my leaders' soldiers would not be ripping it apart by shrapnel because my ethnic background was different from his.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:32

I really doubt they are that close anymore. Someone said a page or two back on this thread that they thought the two of them had returned to 'friends' status. Maybe it's friends with benefits, but I really am not surprised she's conspicuously absent. Plus she'd maybe just get in the way. Awkward to have her trailing along to all the senate / media blitz when she has no viable part in it, yes?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:38

I think she is not there because it would have taken attention away from what George was focused on as it is the reporter asked what his girlfriend would think. That was a very unnecessary question to me anyway.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:41

Yep, agreed. Her presence would have detracted from the focus. Good point.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:54

I agree with you, Lovelylois. I think they're definitely a couple, and clearly they decided a strategy for all this and one of the PR things they would have wanted to avoid, would have been the George/Stacy status stories which would have been a massive distraction from the plight of the Blue Nile and South Kordafon people and the potential massive humanitarian disaster. Which is what all those involved, for all the right reasons, wanted so desperately, and justly, to highlight.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 17 Mar 2012, 00:15

That is what I think Stacy is easy going and fun and helps George relax I think they will get together soon now that everything he has to do is done.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sat 17 Mar 2012, 01:20

ho humdumb. flower

Last edited by bamboochacha on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 02:05; edited 1 time in total
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 17 Mar 2012, 01:32

davidarochelle wrote:Well if it were me, I would be standing with my arm around Nina showing my support, trying to make the most quotable and insightful comments humanly possible. And if a silly reporter asked me about my clothes, I would say how happy I was to live in a country where I knew my leaders' soldiers would not be ripping it apart by shrapnel because my ethnic background was different from his.

I completely agree Davida, I would have been there in support and used the attention to talk about the Sudan and the help that is needed.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 17 Mar 2012, 01:36

party animal - not! wrote:But he did say (i think!) 'she'll be thrilled'. Present tense

i believe he said I'm sure she's thrilled. Present tense use only means that she's alive and it's happening right now. He also answered the question with his back completely turned which speaks volumes to how he felt about the question and how unimportant her opinion about it actually is.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 17 Mar 2012, 01:54

Oh how I wish he'd let her go and just be single for awhile. Give himself and his adoring fans a break from the pretense. It is an insult. To think he could actually be invested in her on any level. It lessens my opinion of him.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 17 Mar 2012, 03:40

Just want to clarify something......I've dissed on Stacy alot and it's no secret that I think she's not good for George. But that's not to say that I think she's a total loss. The gril has merit. If nothing else. she's parlayed her physical assets into a lucrative career and persisted in making her mark in a tough industry and I give her credit for it. Had I been in her shoes, I would have doubtless done the same.

It's been reported by more than one witness, in the media, and by George's own mouth, that she's really sweet and I believe it to be so. She's the quintessential cheerleader type. Very suppotive, always has a cheerful and affirming word.

But by definition, it's that very type of girl that detracts from George's serious attributes. The man has built a career upon character and principled values (loyalty, kindness, honesty). Look who his parents are for God's sake. He's anything but superficial while Stacy Keibler has endorsed and built a career whose trademark is, by definition, shallow at best.

George demonstates genuine creative talent, perserverence, courage, social conscience, humility and heart.

With all due respect, Stacy is T(its) & A(ss). Which, hey, if that's your brand, fine. She's only one of the majority of females in Hollywood who have staked their claim selling sexual titillation. (And if you doubt my assesstment, just poll her FB and Twitter followers, whose main aspiration is that she'll return to the WWE and/or send them a nude photo of herself.)

Jeez, George! Who you choose as an intimate partner speaks volumes. This union is worse than an odd couple. It's a total mispairing.

And this my frustration. I really like GC. But I cannot respect this intentional selection of inequal companions, IMO, it impeaches his credibilty &, lowers him to their level, and I want to hold him in higher regard than that......so I suppose I'm exposing my naivete.

Sorry for venting. I've had a few glasses of wine and this is my only home where I can Clooney-ise. Please disregard if my rant offends.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next