George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

+23
sisieq
Cinderella
playfuldeb
premiere
Atalante
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
davidarochelle
Michelle meyers
blubelle
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
Lighterside
fava
pattygirl
melbert
Joanna
Dexterdidit
Bidbod
watching
lucy
it's me
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? Empty Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 07:05

Michelle meyers wrote:Whatever, he has women's issues because of his upbringing. have you noticed he never spends the holidays with his family ALWAYS in Cabo. he has issues with family which is why he has issues with women
I'm just re-posting Michelle's comment here as it seems a new discussion rather than being lost in the middle of another thread.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 07:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just changed the title to more accurately reflect the question)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? Empty Re: Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 08:43

interesting
would like to remember all said
about his folks reunions

but
at filming The Ides time
they seem close
as always

as it was about job goals and new projects
Sudan too

scratch
dunno...
surely we don't see everything

he disappear a lot

and holidays' rep are about, if I'm not wrong, people who WANT to be seen

not pictured while entering their parents' home...

am I wrong?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? Empty Re: Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

Post by lucy Thu 12 Jan 2012, 08:44

George, IMO does spend time with family. But many adults have their own/extended family. From what I have guessed over the years, all of GTC private down time is spent with his extended family. He probably spends more time with bio/fam than we know of. Difficult for me to believe that George isn't close to Nick, Nina,etc.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 08:46

esatto
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 12 Jan 2012, 09:33

Just my opinion. Maybe I should thrown in an allegedly as well Very Happy But the concept that his parents screwed him up bothered me.

Maybe his parents don't like Mexico? It might be too hot for them. Maybe there is nothing for them to do there other than hang around in the sun and if they wanted that, wouldn't they have moved to Florida by now? Can you really imagine Nina in a bikini lying on a deck chair next to girl of the month? Or being ok with the paps taking her picture in a swimsuit then publishing it? At least Como has things they can do – day trips, walks around the lake. I mean, they are in their 70’s.

Maybe G doesn’t want his parents subjected to the paps there and then be discussed in the blogs due to them being papped. They are spotted every year in Como. He is spotted with them from time to time – be it in LA, NY, Washington, etc. I think he just tries to shield his mother (who he has stated doesn't like the attention) from the paps as much as possible. Red carpets are easy to manage as everyone is going to be nice to them. When he was shooting Ides in his hometown, locals told the press that he is regularly spotted around town when visiting family. He hired and put his nephew in Ides. He was a pallbearer at Rosemary's funeral. George supported Nick when he ran for office. When he mentioned in an interview that he had had a bad year, one of the things he listed was that his brother in law passed away. None of that screams to be guy with issues with his family – immediate or extended.

If anything, I think G is overly concerned that his life may impede on their due to his fame. I don’t think I have ever seen a picture of him looking at either of his parents with animosity or indifference. Don't you think he is a little bit too old to be putting the blame on his parents for any faults or deficiencies he might have in his life as an adult? His issues with women came after the divorce. His parents step out to support him in his work. They turn up at his holiday home. They accept his frequent flyer points to be upgraded when they fly. They have publicly stated that they are very proud of him. Would Nick have gone to Darfur with him (when G invited him) if they couldn’t stand each other? They wouldn’t do any of that if there was bad blood there.

G seemed to develop issues about women once he got divorced and taken to the cleaners then before he could get back on an even kneel about relationships and not be skewed by one bad experience, he became famous and people became interested in him for all the wrong reasons. Stories were sold to the tabloids about nights of passionate lovemaking, etc. Wouldn’t that stop you from getting into a relationship? Knowing the possibility of every personal detail being splashed across the press and that was back when it was just the tabloids rags. Now it is a whole other ball game with recording devices. I would think most people would know someone (male or female) who had such a bad relationship that they have sworn them off for good. A person who came out of the relationship so damaged and battered that the idea of being vulnerable and investing in a relationship is now a foreign concept to them. Could be a friend, family member or a colleague but there are many people out there in the same emotionally shut down state. Some will eventually try again, some won’t. The phrases “once bitten, twice shy” had to come from somewhere.

He has stated that he doesn't want marriage or kids and work is his priority. The women he dates want the attention that comes with dating him and becoming famous (then translating that into work) is their priority. He claims to hate hurting people. So he intentional dates the women he does as he knows it is a quid pro quo situation? He gets sex, arm candy and no risk of commitment; they get attention, lifestyle and an improved bank balance. He can walk away when it gets old as there is no emotional attachment.

This is what works for him. It protects him, his bank account and the possibility of being very publicly burnt again. Self protection and self preservation at all costs. I haven’t walked a mile in his shoes so who am I to judge him (note - yes I know I do judge him time to time) over what I deem to be his apparent inability to have a substantial relationship where both parties are equal partners? It just isn't what he wants. I think many people want it for him as they are so very happy in their relationships and seeing him trade one girl in for the next, they want him to find what they did - love, security and sense of support in a partner. Maybe this is all that he can offer. This could be it. But if it is and he is happy, they who are we to judge?

But at the end of the day, his issues, failings or lack of depth in a relationship has to with him and his choices, it has nothing to with or to be blamed on his parents.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:04

:D

Last edited by Bidbod on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:24; edited 1 time in total

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:08

I agree with Watching. I don't think Nick and Nina are Mexico people they have friends and family in Kentucky and have their own lives. George hates the cold and seems to avoid it if he can. But adult kids live there own lives George probably sees his parents more then others cause they can afford to travel to places to meet up etc. Just cause they don't spend Christmas day together doesn't mean they don't do something and exchange gifts etc. We do that in my family too. I think it was Thalia that screwed him up.His parents have shown it takes work to have a long marriage George has stated he is married to his work cause he doesn't want to put the time and effort into a marriage, I don't see that as being a bad thing though.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:10

Well written and thought out watching.
I've always been impressed with George's background and felt he was well grounded within himself because of it.
I also believe that he is much like an iceberg, we only see 10% of him and his life, which is how it should be.

Regarding his Christmas at Cabo without his parents, his parents also have a widowed daughter and two grand children to share time with and maybe both his parents and George consider that they are the priority at holiday times.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 12 Jan 2012, 13:55

You girls are absolutely right!! Watching - wonderful post! Joanna and Dex - right on!!!!
I'm sure that George gets "home" more times than we are aware. He is just very conscious of the paps and tries to protect his family from them. And I admire him for that!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 14:23

We all know that George can move around without pap attention very easily. Does it so often hence the "Where is George now?" thread. When he does go home it is without fanfare, as he is at home. The people of Augusta and even Cincinnati, in essence, leave him alone. There is no big splash in the local media that "George was spotted -----". No need for that since he's a fixture not a novelty.

As for parents spending time in Mexico, older people find the sun very damaging and are more protective of their health. (Also, southern women of Nina's era and before, are very careful of their complexions and proud of their "natural" coloring. They never basked in the sun. (Think "Gone With The Wind", big hats and shady lounging.) After all, darker shading was attributed to farmhands (not talking about Negros or Blacks or whatever is PC today), just tanned skin attributed to working on the land in the sun. I think that Nina is of that persuasion, that tanned skin is unattractive on a woman of quality. I may not have presented my opinion in a PC manner, however, I hope you understand what I mean. She is, by and large,
a Southern Lady, as her grace and beauty attest to.
By the way, I am not from the South, but have met some very "southern" ladies in my time, and this is my considered opinion.
Smile
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 12 Jan 2012, 14:27

I also agree with Watching about his parents/upbringing. I recall his saying he talks with his dad almost everyday and consults him about a lot of major decisions. Anyone else recall that?

I do disagree about the divorce causing his problems with women-- I think maybe his problems with women caused the divorce! I think he was a player before he got married and did not make his relationship a priority. I'm willing to listed to other opinions or facts to convince me otherwise.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 14:52

It's hard to know which came first, the chicken or the egg. In this case, it's the divorce or the "play list". Many men are players before they marry (don't know if he was), but when they marry, they put the effort and love that is necessary, into it. He has said many times, he just didn't know it took work (guess N & N made it look easy) and that he just didn't put in time and effort needed. He took all the blame for the divorce, said it was all his fault and didn't want to repeat the same mistake. Feels that he couldn't give the needed time and effort as he expends most of that to his work and friends and family.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 Jan 2012, 14:52

George has admitted that he wasn't a good husband and married for all the wrong reasons. The divorce process, that hurt him IMO, he seems to manage to remain friends with most of his ex-GF's, but I think his wife may of been so hurt by his actions, that her revenge happen during this time. All of you have good thoughts on his relationship with his parents, as for women the man has had temptation most of his adult life, and yes women wanting to be with him for all the wrong reasons. Just think of how all of his pretty women change after dating him for such a short period of time.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 12 Jan 2012, 15:04

Fantantic post Watching....you ROCK! Thanks for taking the time to write such a well thought out post. It irks me no end to hear people say that somehow because George doesn't want marriage or children, that it MUST be his upbringing. Why blame his parents? WHY must everyone fit into these neat little boxes, with pretty lables, in order to please the public? There have been a lot of people who DON'T want marriage and babies over the course of human exsistence. For that very reason the Catholic Church talks about THREE vocations; the religious life, the married life and the SINGLE life are all presented as possibilities.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 15:08

Perhaps they change because they buy into the hype! I'm sure they all read the tabloids, gossip mags, rags, and now Internet gossip sites. Each and every one of them tout their "beauty" and how much in love they are. They keep saying it, and saying it, and passing comments about "she will be the One", she'll tame him, change his mind, give him babies, get him down the aisle. Finally, they all start to believe it, all think it's true. That's the beginning of the end. That's when the axe starts to fall. They start talking marriage, babies and how much they want it. Bingo, it's done. Smile
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 Jan 2012, 15:21

There are so many others in Hollywood that can be blamed for their adult childrens questionable choices. N&N are good role models, just look at the way they live their lives. This subject is one that pushes my buttons a bit, my generation didn't blame everything that went wrong in their lives on their parents, we just lived our lives and claimed responsibility for our actions. Watching said it well "little too old to be blaming parents"!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 15:25

Stacy talked about marriage and babies quite a while ago (pre George relationship). Now it seems it gets brought up constantly. I don't think she aspires to becoming George's wife or baby mamma.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:25

Watching, thank you for putting into words what I was thinking. You said it much better than I could. Thumbs up!

Pattygirl, I gave you a + vote for what you said about Nina being raised a Southern "lady". As a southern girl, I found nothing offensive about your post and was mentally high fiving you. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:35

cindigirl wrote:Stacy talked about marriage and babies quite a while ago (pre George relationship). Now it seems it gets brought up constantly. I don't think she aspires to becoming George's wife or baby mamma.
I'd guess that's because most women tend not to change their mind. It's common for a woman who didn't want to marry and have kids to change her mind but it's more unusual in my experience for it to happen the other way round.

Of course I can't say for certain that Stacy in her 20s wanted children but in her 30s doesn't but it would seem unlikely.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:47

I remember reading that he has a container in a room of his house that holds all the wedding rings of his good friends who got divorced. I also remember reading that he said marriage in his business is very hard because of all the temptations and separations. IMO he is very focused when he works and doesn't want to spend time making a relationship work. It is during his "free time" when we get all the gf news. IMO he has seen so many failed marriages including his own, that he may be sightly jaded and if he were ever to have a committed relationship it would be at a time when he could/would want to spend the time working on it.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:47

VERY good posting Watching and glad I could start a new topic. His parents most likely don't like the heat and he hates the cold so they found a good balance. " you stay where it's cold and I'll go where it's hot" LOL

His parents are very kind people and they did their best raising him. Where it went wrong in the woman department is way beyond my understanding. In honesty and i am confused and perplexed than angry and wonder what is going in in his head.
i just read an article about dating half your age plus 7 and wonder if he read the same thing and adopted that attitude. i mainly got upset over the contradictory Entertainment Weekly about women's rights for women over 40 ( like myself) when he won't even consider dating one. it seems very sad he would USE that to his advantage just for votes to win awards when he doesn't really feel that way. If he truly believed that he would raise his age for the women he dates. it feels very hypocritical to me and he fell short doing that article and it really crushed how i felt about his persona.
he is no superman, not perfect and i never thought he was. my rose colored glasses broke a while ago, I think they got lost in Albequerque somewhere even. it was the article that really got on my nerves and i ranted. My wish for the man is he finds a REAL woman and he finds happiness but, if he just doesn't want that......

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:53

I was also infuriated by that interview. Ah, but that's the same man who famously said that for women "being thin isn't the ultimate thing" yet hasn't been seen dating any woman over a size four in decades, if ever.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:24

George dates women for their aesthetic value to bring attention to his career. I just can't picture him interviewed at an award function posing next to a middle age, slightly overweight woman.

I admire men who stand by their partners no matter what they look like. Is it Pierce Brosnan whose wife is overweight and he loves her still? He's not of George caliber but I admire his a lot.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:25

not my busines
but I really hope his sister found someone
to be with

she seems so kind
(even with such hell of a brother she had, in their kid time
didn't he made her brace electrocuted by some Xmas lights? or what was.... scratch
oh
my poor brain.... pale )
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:37

IMHO it was Celine and her demand for a huge financial settlement, after living in total luxury with G for a only a couple of years that scared and scarred G. He has said that he should have stayed very good friends with Talia; it was not a right time to marry nor the right person. Some say you should marry your best friend. Others are more realistic and say that if one of the two is more passionate, than you will end up really hurting each other. G is very diplomatic in taking the blame when it comes to "failure" with women. Hollywood has so many stresses because of the long separations with constant temptations. Many wealthy and famous men chose either not to get married at all, have serial relationships that end when the movie ends or when they're physically separated by work or lifestyle, or have "open marriages" where affairs are tolerated. I just wish G would choose publicity escorts who actually have talent but need his connections and fame to advance their career.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:46

It's me - George's sister may well have gotten married or in a relationship for all we know. She wants to be so far out of the limelight I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even aware. And you're right, he did tease her a lot when they were kids. She was quoted as saying "he's very attractive but his pranks get to me." Or something like that.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:51

Katiedot wrote:I was also infuriated by that interview. Ah, but that's the same man who famously said that for women "being thin isn't the ultimate thing" yet hasn't been seen dating any woman over a size four in decades, if ever.

If anything, Sara and Eli got much thinner while they were dating him. Can't say that's his fault or that he approved or disapproved. Just an observation.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 18:00

I don't think he has issued with women but issues with himself. He looks around at the celebrity marriages and sees where it goes and is smart enough to not go there. He's doing fine with his make-believe, temporary (whatever you want to call her) present girlfriend and I'm pretty sure he'll do just as well with the next.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 12 Jan 2012, 18:33

Katiedot wrote:
cindigirl wrote:Stacy talked about marriage and babies quite a while ago (pre George relationship). Now it seems it gets brought up constantly. I don't think she aspires to becoming George's wife or baby mamma.
I'd guess that's because most women tend not to change their mind. It's common for a woman who didn't want to marry and have kids to change her mind but it's more unusual in my experience for it to happen the other way round.

Of course I can't say for certain that Stacy in her 20s wanted children but in her 30s doesn't but it would seem unlikely.
Most of the women who did not want children to 30 years to 40 are desperate because no device remain pregnant and undergoing artificial insemination or adopt.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 12 Jan 2012, 18:47

I've always thought that George had a very good relationship with his parents and even though they are not constantly together it doesn't mean they don't. I live 3000 miles from my parents and don't always get to spend holidays with them but it doesn't mean we have a bad relationship. I am not sure that George has issues with women. He just prioritizes differently to the norm in society. not everyone in the world is supposed to be married or have children there are many of us that are happy to be single and focus on other things. At least George is honest about not wanting to marry again or have children. Anyone who does go in to a relationship with him should respect this and realize that he means this. If they don't feel the same then they shouldn't become involved with him.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 12 Jan 2012, 19:06

cindigirl wrote:It's me - George's sister may well have gotten married or in a relationship for all we know. She wants to be so far out of the limelight I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even aware. And you're right, he did tease her a lot when they were kids. She was quoted as saying "he's very attractive but his pranks get to me." Or something like that.

His sissie moved back to Augusta, she's bound to find somebody there ! cyclops
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 19:25

I would be happy
and you are right
she could be already engaged! Thumbs up!

anche io odio il freddoooooooooo
brrrrrrrrrr hate cold!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jan 2012, 19:30

There is a tremendous pressure in Hollywood for all women to be very thin. Formal gowns that are loaned to stars come in very small sample sizes. Look at the issues SK is having finding a dress that is flattering. She has a very athletic body with the arms and shoulders of a wrestler; quite the opposite of what most designers use for their models. Since the camera makes you look larger, and the public sadly loves to dis, one can understand the focus on one's weight. Hopefully one day Hollywood and the rest of the world will embrace "Marilyn Monroe style" womanly curves and being in good physical shape; not necessarily being "a stick."
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jan 2012, 20:00

Oh I just had a vision of Marilyn & George standing together on the red carpet.
WOW that would be an amazing sight IMO !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 20:03

Michelle meyers wrote:
His parents are very kind people and they did their best raising him. Where it went wrong in the woman department is way beyond my understanding. In honesty and i am confused and perplexed than angry and wonder what is going in in his head.
i just read an article about dating half your age plus 7 and wonder if he read the same thing and adopted that attitude. i mainly got upset over the contradictory Entertainment Weekly about women's rights for women over 40 ( like myself) when he won't even consider dating one. it seems very sad he would USE that to his advantage just for votes to win awards when he doesn't really feel that way. If he truly believed that he would raise his age for the women he dates. it feels very hypocritical to me and he fell short doing that article and it really crushed how i felt about his persona.he is no superman, not perfect and i never thought he was. my rose colored glasses broke a while ago, I think they got lost in Albequerque somewhere even. it was the article that really got on my nerves and i ranted. My wish for the man is he finds a REAL woman and he finds happiness but, if he just doesn't want that......

Do you mean we, over the age of 40, have the right to date George? Does this mean that we have the right to date anybody we want, whether they desire it or not, too?
George's interest in the rights of women over 40, pretains to the workplace, not the bedroom. He feels that we should not be cut out of the hiring pool especially when it pretains to movies. We are not given enough chances in the entertainment industry (unless we are willing to do the makeover route). There aren't that many "character" parts available. His premise is that women over 40 deserve the right to equal acting opportunity. The opportunity to try out for, to read for parts that they are right for.
Doesn't he have to equal right to choose whoever he wants to spend his time with, to have fun with, to share his bed with. Women over 40, while not desperate, are more settled in their lives and mindset. Today 32 year olds seem to be a bit more mindless and freedom oriented and willing to play the game.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jan 2012, 20:11

Yes pattygirl those were my thoughts too, but you have expressed them far better than I could have done. Well done.
I always thought the two matters of "work" and "play" were completely separate in that article.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 12 Jan 2012, 21:03

The next mrs clooney wrote:I've always thought that George had a very good relationship with his parents and even though they are not constantly together it doesn't mean they don't. I live 3000 miles from my parents and don't always get to spend holidays with them but it doesn't mean we have a bad relationship. I am not sure that George has issues with women. He just prioritizes differently to the norm in society. not everyone in the world is supposed to be married or have children there are many of us that are happy to be single and focus on other things. At least George is honest about not wanting to marry again or have children. Anyone who does go in to a relationship with him should respect this and realize that he means this. If they don't feel the same then they shouldn't become involved with him.
George does not want to marry and does not want children because they do not want resposabilità but wants relationships with women, he wants to live and spend their holidays. How do you explain that he goes from one woman to another, the door on the red carpet, takes her hand if he did not want a relationship but only a woman to go to bed we probably will not know she would not talk and gossip about her. he wants a relationship! The problem is it? When you find a woman to be stable so stupid to accept his conditions for life? (No children, no marriage, holidays always in Como or Cabo with his friends) People I adore him but I could not live in these conditions!

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 21:52

While I don't disagree that these women are somewhat stupid, they are also self-centered, career oriented women who are willing (at least at the get-go) to accept his terms. I don't even think the get involved with the intention of changing his mind or way of life. In some ways, I think George is rather Svengali like and his charm and charisma, lull them into thinking "He Loves Me, He Really Loves Me". Then comes that magical thought, "I can change him, I can make him desire not just me, but marriage to me and babies with me". Then "Bingo", there go those Holidays in Cabo and Como, those Red Carpet walks, those fabulous dinners, parties and the rest. Then when it's way too late, they realize George isn't into it and isn't going to change.
Lela, of course you couldn't live with these conditions. You are a responsible woman with different priorities.
The fact remains that George likes women on his terms. He's willing and able to wine them, dine them, bed them, take them on fabulous vacations, escort them to Film Festivals, Premieres, Awards and parties. He's just not willing to put that ring on it, or his name on a birth certificate. He wants his freedom to work to the exclusion of everything else, when and where ever he wishes.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:00

pattygirl wrote:
Michelle meyers wrote:
i just read an article about dating half your age plus 7 and wonder if he read the same thing and adopted that attitude. i mainly got upset over the contradictory Entertainment Weekly about women's rights for women over 40 ( like myself) when he won't even consider dating one. it seems very sad he would USE that to his advantage just for votes to win awards when he doesn't really feel that way. If he truly believed that he would raise his age for the women he dates. it feels very hypocritical to me and he fell short doing that article and it really crushed how i felt about his persona.he is no superman, not perfect and i never thought he was. my rose colored glasses broke a while ago, I think they got lost in Albequerque somewhere even. it was the article that really got on my nerves and i ranted. My wish for the man is he finds a REAL woman and he finds happiness but, if he just doesn't want that......

Do you mean we, over the age of 40, have the right to date George? Does this mean that we have the right to date anybody we want, whether they desire it or not, too?
George's interest in the rights of women over 40, pretains to the workplace, not the bedroom. He feels that we should not be cut out of the hiring pool especially when it pretains to movies. We are not given enough chances in the entertainment industry (unless we are willing to do the makeover route). There aren't that many "character" parts available. His premise is that women over 40 deserve the right to equal acting opportunity. The opportunity to try out for, to read for parts that they are right for.
Doesn't he have to equal right to choose whoever he wants to spend his time with, to have fun with, to share his bed with. " Women over 40, while not desperate, are more settled in their lives and mindset. Today 32 year olds seem to be a bit more mindless and freedom oriented and willing to play the game.
"

Mostly agree EXCEPT you are stereotyping women in their age brackets some women in their 30 are settled into their mindframes and some women in their 40's ( ahem ) LOVE their freedom. I have no children have no desire because i love my freedom. Freedom is extremely precious in my eyes and there are others out there I have met some and friends with them. I am trying to get equal acting opportunities myself and it is HARD. I may never even act again. If I would've started earlier I would 've had a better chance but now being 40 something it may never happen. I have to contemplate other career goals now

Good Point! Very Happy

BTW If you used to be in the other george site I was Olivia Dawn. I chose Michele because i like Michele Pfeiffer - One Fine day etc I like to dance around to Cool Rider even have the pink ladies jacket i found at the thrift store Laughing

Last edited by Michelle meyers on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:03; edited 1 time in total
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:01

it's not so simple

it's not like that
as he made us to think

he is a too much layered man
to be so

...plain

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

can you see the different layers ?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:26

O L I V I A!!!!! Oops, Michelle! Welcome with your new identity!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:30

ciao Olivia Hug1

who am I? super cool
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:45

You cannot generalize about women and their goals. Not all want kids or a traditional life and marriage or even a commitment. Millions of females of all ages would love a chance to be free from their struggle to survive financially and to enjoy the luxuries of life, if only for a few months.

Also I know many women in their 40's and 50's who look far, far better and are in superior physical shape to those in their 20's. And that's without the massive amount of botox and plastic surgery. Hopefully they would have something intelligent or at least original to say on the Red Carpet and in tweets. Perhaps they would be very grateful and appreciative of G, instead of demanding famewhores.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:56

I stupidly Rolling Eyes would be in awe

Embarassed

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:22

OK, I have a totally different take on this whole subject. From what I've read, his dad had his wife and kids pretty early in his career. He also at some point tried to be an actor. I think that George saw what his dad went through and surmised that his dad could have eventually "made it" had he not been saddled with wife and kids. I don't think that it's too unreasonable to assume that most people, male or female, could be more successful in their careers if they didn't need to take spouse/children into account. I'm sure that his dad never did or said anything to make George think that, but just knowing the facts of his dad's struggles would have him come to this conclusion. Maybe George feels that Nick had much ;more potential and could have had much more of a national entertainment career without his family holding him back. I think that George early on decided that wasn't going to happen to him. I also think he has a very deep love and respect for his family. I also think his childhood situation of being in the public eye is why George is always "on" and why it seems that he has such a need to be liked.

Now if I was only this introspective about my own life!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:30

it's me wrote:ciao Olivia Hug1

who am I? super cool

You ? Well George's butt speaking I guess, no ? lol!
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:32

his childhood situation of being in the public eye is why George is always "on" and why it seems that he has such a need to be liked.

great! I I love you U Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:34

Atalante wrote:
it's me wrote:ciao Olivia Hug1

who am I? super cool

You ? Well George's butt speaking I guess, no ? lol!

butt speaking? Shocked

do I need to feel offended? scratch

Last edited by it's me on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:36; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:36

Offended ? Why should you ? He's the one flashing it around, so he's probably proud of it ! Basketball
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jan 2012, 23:38

ohhhhhhh
bec of the pic! lol!

yes
his fault Brain explode
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next