George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney has great female friends EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney has great female friends EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney has great female friends

+9
Natascha
Ello
pattygirl
watching
Casey
MyGirlKylie
Dexterdidit
Coco
Katiedot
13 posters

Go down

George Clooney has great female friends Empty George Clooney has great female friends

Post by Katiedot Wed 10 Aug 2011, 09:34

Thanks to Henway for the link. Not sure why it's dated recently because this quote comes from some years ago.

George Clooney has great girl friends

10 August 2011

George Clooney likes to be surrounded by ''strong'' women and values ''honesty and humour'' in his friends.

George Clooney has "truly great" female friends.

The 50-year-old actor - who recently split from girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis after two years together and is now rumoured to be dating former wrestler Stacy Keibler - values the company of women and insists he doesn't always have any romantic involvement with the "strong" ladies he likes to surround himself with.

He said: "I've always had really great friends on both sides of the aisle, so to speak.

"I grew up with strong women, my mom is strong and so is my sister and so was my aunt, Rosemary Clooney.

I've always been comfortable around women. I have some truly great women friends and the friendship is non-romantic."I've always been comfortable around women. I have some truly great women friends and the friendship is non-romantic."

The 'Syriana' actor values honesty and humour in his friends, and loves the way his loved ones keep him grounded.

He told Britain's HELLO! magazine: "I look for a sense of humour and fun, an interest in other people and, most important of all, honesty.

"I don't surround myself with people who are on my payroll and have to agree with every word I say.

"There's a lot of smooth talking around. But for every person who says to me, 'Wow, you were brilliant in that', there's a friend, or my mom, dad, or sister, rolling their eyes and going, 'Yeah George, you're really a genius.' That's very important to me."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney has great female friends Empty Re: George Clooney has great female friends

Post by Coco Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:03

I know it's been said by others on this forum already, but it's so strange that his girlfriends appear so different from the characteristics he admires in his friends.

Coco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney has great female friends Empty Re: George Clooney has great female friends

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:18

Maybe he doesn't consider his girlfriends "friends" it could be part of the problem....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:16

Dexterdidit wrote:Maybe he doesn't consider his girlfriends "friends" it could be part of the problem....

Exactamundo. Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney has great female friends Empty George Clooney likes strong women

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:44

George Clooney says he likes to be surrounded by strong women -- and values honesty and humour in friends.

The 50-year-old, who recently split from girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis after being together for two years, is now rumoured to be dating former wrestler Stacy Keibler, reports contactmusic.com.

"I've always had really great friends on both sides of the aisle, so to speak. I grew up with strong women, my mom is strong and so is my sister and so was my aunt, Rosemary Clooney," said Clooney.

"I've always been comfortable around women. I have some truly great women friends and the friendship is non-romantic," he added.

The actor also values honesty and humour in his friends, and loves the way his loved ones keep him grounded.

"I look for a sense of humour and fun, an interest in other people and, most important of all, honesty. I don't surround myself with people who are on my payroll and have to agree with every word I say," he said.

Here's the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Cinderella on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:18

Yeah, ok. LOL.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:50

That sound you can hear is me on the floor laughing my ass off!
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:51

Yes, that's what I'd have to say...

I'm hopin'... his eyes will open. Shocked

I’m a poet and didn’t know it,
I rhyme all the time…

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:54

watching wrote:That sound you can hear is me on the floor laughing my ass off!

Can I join you on on that? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:30

When he says "strong", I don't think he means someone who can pin him for a count of 10. Can't picture him happy with a scissor lock either.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:40

Rule #5 in the How to be a Womanizer handbook:

Strong women make great friends, not lovers.

Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:57

Amen,, to that. However, if a strong woman loves her man, she can do wonders in the bedroom, too.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:58

pattygirl wrote:Amen,, to that. However, if a strong woman loves her man, she can do wonders in the bedroom, too.

Hello! 10 out of 10

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 18:49

pattygirl wrote:Amen,, to that. However, if a strong woman loves her man, she can do wonders in the bedroom, too.

Yeah Right

Unfortunately some men are too afraid of the strong woman to find out. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:12

Two different publications, but it seems to be the same article, so I've merged the threads here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:22

[quote="MyGirlKylie :

Unfortunately some men are too afraid of the strong woman to find out. Wink[/quote]

That's their loss. Too bad they'll never find out just what they're missing.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 10 Aug 2011, 22:15

Assuming he even said these things in the first place, a big assumption with Hello, how does such an apparently self aware person get themselves so wrong? Does he actually believe what he's saying?
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 01:19

I get the impression George says things he thinks people want to hear. Especially women he does seem good at it! He can't really say I like my women skanky and prefer those who like to flash their boobs and butts all over the internet and who aren't really that bright but can cook sea bass or make a chopped salad. Just doesn't have the same classy tone!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 11 Aug 2011, 04:47

So true. It's the same way when he said that "I don't think a woman being thin is important" but is only ever seen out with women who weigh something between scrawny and seriously skinny.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 11 Aug 2011, 14:56

Katiedot wrote:So true. It's the same way when he said that "I don't think a woman being thin is important" but is only ever seen out with women who weigh something between scrawny and seriously skinny.

Maybe he does mean what he says. Let's face it, how many size 14 and up young women do you see in the world of Hollywood and the like, who would even consider trying to get close to George (or any other male celeb). Most of us larger sized girls do have a personal image problem (me included). I've seen pics of George in the company of some "unskinny/uncrawny" ladies in the past. He doesn't shun them, is polite, attentive, smiling, laughing, interacting with them. (Amy Cohen, his past asst., Ada, his sister, and a few I don't have any identity for).

He is human, is all male and loves to be fawned over. The beautiful, scrawny, nubile females are definitely the ones who will get, not only his attention, but conversely the attention of the paps. Besides, wouldn't you rather see a beauty on his arm, than a plain jane? I know I would. Beauty compliments gorgeous so well.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:19

pattygirl wrote: Besides, wouldn't you rather see a beauty on his arm, than a plain jane? I know I would. Beauty compliments gorgeous so well.
Hm, no. Although I'm realistic enough to know that he will never in a million years end up with a plain Jane, I do find it weird that people think he should only date beauties as though he were too good for anything else. No wonder overweight (and I guess ugly) women have such issues if the message they get all the time is 'you don't deserve this because of the way you look'.

God bless Pierce Brosnan for his taste in women and for sticking two fingers up to the world.

The two women you mentioned weren't George's dates. One was his assistant and the other is his sister.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:30

I know who they were and I didn't say he should only date beauties. I'd love to see a "me type" on his arm, but I know I'd be damn uncomfortable walking down the red carpet next to him.

My citing Amy and Ada was just to show that he doesn't shy away from "my type" and they were the only two names I could think of. Actually, while I've seen pics of him w/ the like, I didn't know who they were then and never tried to find out. If he were so very beauty prone in his life, wouldn't he have found a assistant (with all the work attributes he found in Amy) who would pass the test.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:33

Katiedot,
You are so right, and I think Pierce Brosnan's wife is really beautiful, she has a wonderful face and skin.
And she helps him to get many more sympathies:
A few years back, on a German TV-channel they had a voting for the sexiest man alive. Number 1, of course, was George. But number 2, what a surprise - Pierce Brosnan. And all the comments, given by both "celebs" and ordinary people said that he was not only good looking but also had a great taste in women.
Maybe George should get some advise from him...

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:43

Isn't his assistant Angel McConnell? I think she has been for a while (dating back to when he mentioned her on David Letterman show during Britney Spears' fiasco) I've seen a photo of her, she's not bad but not a true beauty.

That's where the term "stonehenge" started. He used that word to see if Angel was allright in his guest house. I think he values competency (in his assistant anyway) as someone who would pass the test.

He is truly a nice guy and would be friendly to anyone no matter what they look like.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 11 Aug 2011, 19:12

Oh I agree he's friendly to everybody, but in terms of associating himself publicly with someone (ie: with a date) then he has a 100% rate of only dating thin women. I don't know how to explain this well (it's my bed time now so please excuse woolly thinking) but there's a difference between people he might employ, casually know or be related to and someone he chooses to be with.

I'm not bemoaning that because he lives in Hollywood and clearly thinks a 30-year old slim woman is the ideal for him.

Patti - I didn't mean that you were saying he was like that, I meant people generally. Sorry that didn't come out so well the way I wrote it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 19:32

Katiedot wrote:
pattygirl wrote: Besides, wouldn't you rather see a beauty on his arm, than a plain jane? I know I would. Beauty compliments gorgeous so well.
Hm, no. Although I'm realistic enough to know that he will never in a million years end up with a plain Jane, I do find it weird that people think he should only date beauties as though he were too good for anything else. No wonder overweight (and I guess ugly) women have such issues if the message they get all the time is 'you don't deserve this because of the way you look'.

God bless Pierce Brosnan for his taste in women and for sticking two fingers up to the world.

The two women you mentioned weren't George's dates. One was his assistant and the other is his sister.

Wonderfully said! Thumbs up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabby Thu 11 Aug 2011, 20:12

Katiedot wrote:Oh I agree he's friendly to everybody, but in terms of associating himself publicly with someone (ie: with a date) then he has a 100% rate of only dating thin women. I don't know how to explain this well (it's my bed time now so please excuse woolly thinking) but there's a difference between people he might employ, casually know or be related to and someone he chooses to be with.

I'm not bemoaning that because he lives in Hollywood and clearly thinks a 30-year old slim woman is the ideal for him.

It's been said before but maybe his ideal woman is someone like his mom - thin beauty queen. I've also noticed that the women he dates seem to get thinner during the course of the relationship. He like to keep himself thin too - so maybe that's just his personal preference in women he dates irrespective of his Hollywood surroundings.

Sabby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 01:14

That's what I think Sabby! And that’s why they don’t stay together. He’s been dating the “sexy hot chick” because he’s the “sexy hot guy”. You know that never works! He really should find someone more like his Mother! Not that it would be easy to find that now days but at least someone who’s “put together” better! Then that makes you think about his “no marriage” stance. That could be why he dates women that don’t feed him intellectually! I feel sorry for him because splitting up with a woman every couple of years has to drain you. Maybe even put you off of dating all together. But I don’t see that happening to George… he likes women!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Aug 2011, 03:37

short/tall; skinny/fat; butt-ugly/drop-dead gorgeous. We are all BEAUTIFUL!!! He LOVES us all when we put our skinny-asses or wide-load butts in the theater seats and watch his films. I've seen several actors with their wives who would be considered "less than Hollywood beautiful" and they certainly don't seem embarassed to have them on their arms. I think that since he knows he's not going to commit long-term to any of them, he doesn't want to go broke buying paper bags for less than "beautiful" girls. To each his own, I guess.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:49

It's no surprise that he'd be dating someone half his age and hot, that's why people want to be movie stars isn't it? The disconnect is in mind and character: the strong women he says he is so comfortable with and the airheads he actually chooses. Strong women are not considered unattractive, Brad and Angie are the definition of the hot couple. George's mom isn't stupid. Where did stupid come from?
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 12 Aug 2011, 16:05

I think he is like Johnny Appleseed. Spreading his uhum seed around. He wants to share himself with as many women as possible. Eventually he may even get to those of us here that want hm. Yes, I'm living in a fantasy world. bounce
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 12 Aug 2011, 16:08

blubelle wrote:I think he is like Johnny Appleseed. Spreading his uhum seed around. He wants to share himself with as many women as possible. Eventually he may even get to those of us here that want hm. Yes, I'm living in a fantasy world. bounce

Don't think there's any uhum seed being spread around. He's probably just watering the roses. Leaves the seed planting to someone else. Remember NO KIDS rule.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 16:10

blubelle wrote:Eventually he may even get to those of us here that want hm. Yes, I'm living in a fantasy world. bounce

Laughing out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 12 Aug 2011, 16:18

We're all in that fantasy world and it's great, isn't it. Twisted Evil
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down