George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyToday at 21:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 2:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 2:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 17:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyFri 5 Apr 2024 - 0:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptySun 10 Mar 2024 - 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip

4 posters

Go down

Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip Empty Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip

Post by Katiedot Wed 17 May 2017 - 6:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=31]Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
12 hours ago
Allison Slater Tate
[/size]
Actress Julianna Margulies spent six seasons alongside George Clooney on "ER" in the 1990s, and now that he is soon to be a father of twins, Margulies told TODAY Parents she has already given her former co-star her best piece of parenting advice.

Backstage at the 2017 Mom 2.0 Summit conference held in Orlando, Florida, recently, the former star of "The Good Wife" and mother of 9-year-old son Kieran said that both her mother and her father gave her the parenting advice on separate occasions, and now, she passes it along to others.

"They told me, 'Something you have to remember is that you don't own your children, you can only guide them," Margulies said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]NBCU
Julianna Margulies played nurse Carol Hathaway alongside George Clooney as Dr. Doug Ross on "E.R." for six seasons. Margulies said she has already congratulated her former co-star and his wife, Amal, on the impending births of their twins.

Margulies said she thinks that so often, par
enting is "a reflection of yourself, so there's sort of this micromanaging anxiety to it."
She added, "I find myself constantly saying, 'Did you say thank you? Did you say please?' and all I can really do is lead by example and say 'please' and 'thank you' myself."

The New York City resident said she was relieved recently to see that her example is working. "When we were getting out of a taxi the other day, I noticed that Kieran said, 'Thanks! Have a good day!'" said Margulies.
"I just thought, 'Oh, he's hearing it,'" she said. "And they do, kids hear it. So my advice to all parents is what my parents told me, which is that you're only his guide, you're not his owner."

Margulies said she practices this advice not just by leading by example, but also by giving Kieran the space to be himself. "You need to let children breathe and discover who they are, to make mistakes and learn from them," she said.

"And now that he is nine, he'll argue my own argument back to me now. If he forgets his homework, he'll say, 'Mom, I learned a really good mistake, and it won't happen again.' How can I argue with that?" she laughed.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip Empty Re: Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip

Post by Katiedot Wed 17 May 2017 - 6:33

Wise words.  And so nice to see them together.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip Empty Re: Julianna Margulies gave 'ER' co-star George Clooney a great parenting tip

Post by carolhathaway Wed 17 May 2017 - 8:19

Nice!
And funny they didn't mention that they also are twin parents on ER...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 May 2017 - 10:41

One of the cable channels here has been airing "e,r," again for the last few weeks - 3 episodes a day during the week and a whole day's worth on the weekend. I've been watching whenever I can and can't get over how good the show was and how amazing the chemistry was between George and Julianna. I've always wondered if it was there in real life, too. They would've made a great couple.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 17 May 2017 - 12:30

Lizzy,
I have seasons 1 - 8 and also 15 on DVD. It was really great, I'm still amazed by the pace of the stories, it must have been a hell for the cast (I remember Julianne once said in an interview (I think it was before the last episode was aired) that, especially during the first season, they were exhausted because they were working so hard. 
After Doug Ross left, a very important character was missing, after Carol joined with Doug, it became boring, and after Mark Gr die had died, I stopped watching because the stories were less and less realistic.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 May 2017 - 14:56

I think when you have so many stories per episode it must be very hard for the writers. Sooner or later you have to run out of new ideas and plot lines. Bringing in new characters can help, but you still run the risk of repeating the same stories, just with new faces. And, yes, you can stretch reality to the breaking point. With this kind of show I think that's when you lose your audience.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 17 May 2017 - 20:34

I've been watching some of the episodes that have been on the POP channel on Saturdays when they have a marathon showing it all day. Even tho I too have the ER DVDs it's fun to just tune and enjoy them on tv. One of my favorite episodes was the one on last weekend when Mark and Doug go out to California because Doug's dad has died. I loved the road trip setting and the revealing talk between Mark and Doug about their families. And then Carol shows up at the end of the episode, surprising Doug.

I think one of the reasons that show was so successful was the terrific writing and the way that the show realistically captured the frenetic activity in an ER. It was never boring. Agree that the show lost some of its appeal after George and Julianna left. And I just couldn't get into it after Mark died. I didn't find the newer characters as interesting or appealing as that core group of characters that were there in the first five years that ER aired.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 May 2017 - 23:00

Somehow the later characters didn't seem to fit in the way the original characters did. They seemed to come and go with little impact on the show.

It is interesting, though, to see people like George Eades, Jorja Fox and Mariska Hargitay, among others, pass through the "e.r." before they went on to bigger careers. There have been a lot of familiar faces on that show.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 18 May 2017 - 5:28

Lizzy,
I had to google the names you just mentioned, but the second pics dropped on the screen, I knew who they were and what they did. Really funny!
Do you remember when Miguel Ferrer was in the - I think - very first episode? Or Rosemary dropped in a few times during season one?
And if you think about George and Julianna's very Last episode in season 15 with Susan Sarandon and Ernest Borgnine? That was just amazing!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 18 May 2017 - 11:13

Carolhathaway - I know! Isn't it amazing how many now-famous people were on the show? The three I mentioned came to mind because a) they had recurring roles on the episodes I've seen most recently and b) they went on to star on shows that ran for years here.

Law And Order:SVU (Mariska Hargitay's show) is still running and CSI (Jorja Fox and George Eades) is still on in re-runs on a couple of channels. But they're only three of dozens of famous actors who did cameos or had brief story lines. I wonder how many actors can credit their work on "e.r." as the role that started their career?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 18 May 2017 - 22:34

I just saw the "e.r." episode where Doug decides to leave. I had forgotten what an irresponsible loose cannon the writers had turned him into. I wonder if they wrote him that way because George was laving. How would they have handled the character if George had decide to stay? Any ideas?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down