George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues

+5
watching
Natascha
Best in Category
Katiedot
cindigirl
9 posters

Go down

The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues Empty Re: The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues

Post by cindigirl Sun 09 Dec 2012, 18:15

I found the perfect, although painful, way to get skinny - stress.

The funny thing about losing your appetite and a lot of weight is that once that happens you develop a distaste for food and can only eat a small amount at a time. Hell, I'm going to go out now and buy a pizza and some cheese cake. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues Empty The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues

Post by Katiedot Tue 11 Dec 2012, 08:32

I'm just bringing over comments from other threads to make one discussion . . .

About Lisa Snowdon:

Missa wrote:
OofOof wrote:Gotta say I don't think this dress does much for her. She looks older than her age and it makes her look chunky. Not my style anyway!

lelacorb wrote:Lisa is at least nice and sunny though I seems to have become a "big woman (big woman)!

cindigirl wrote:
OofOof wrote:Gotta say I don't think this dress does much for her. She looks older than her age and it makes her look chunky. Not my style anyway!

She is chunky now. Her derriere is HUGE.

She looks like an average-size woman. The only place she's "chunky" is Hollywood.

And we wonder why Stacy starves herself...

cindigirl wrote:She is an "average size" woman. Guess I've been noticing too many Hollywood type girls. I am too thin myself and apparently I judge the plus size women too harshly. There's so many ads about how to lose weight and very little if any on how to gain.

OofOof wrote:Misssa, you're right and I'm ashamed of myself! I too don't think she's fat, and like Cindi, have obviously been looking at too many Hollywood types because you are so right about her being a healthy and normal size. I do think the dress is the wrong cut for her. It adds pounds where there are none. But, I stopped reading Celebitchy because I was horrified at how mean we women were towards other women, and look...I just did it with Lisa! Thanks for pointing it out to me!

melbert wrote:It's Me, yes Gio. I think Gio is sooooooooo cool!

CindiGirl, I don't have a problem with being too skinny, in fact, you couldn't see the barn I'm standing in front of, but I feel sad that EVERYONE judges if you're an ounce too fat and push, push, pushes to be skinny. I don't think that skinny thin looks all too healthy.

janieb wrote:I think Lisa looks great! While I agree the dress doesn't do anything for her she looks very healthy. Very refreshing from the "pin heads" that are seen around HollyWIERD! Cool

OofOof wrote:Mel, so agree with you except about your description about yourself! Have had weight issues my entire life. Have struggled to be healthy, food wise and have finally hit a relatively happy medium. But unlike many people who stop eating under stress, I sadly do the opposite...I want to EAT when I'm depressed, stressed, happy , sad...pretty much every occasion--and it sucks!

This society has such a fixation with weight and it's horrible for women and even worse for teen girls. And, I do think Hollywood and the media/fashion world in general bears some responsibility. I remember reading somewhere that teen girls said they'd rather die than be fat.

Think for Stacy, between being so much taller and heavier, in a healthy way, than George, when they first started together, the pressure has been so intense, she's become fixated on losing weight. And look at all the mags and how glowingly they describe her.

Joanna wrote:
cindigirl wrote:She is an "average size" woman. Guess I've been noticing too many Hollywood type girls. I am too thin myself and apparently I judge the plus size women too harshly. There's so many ads about how to lose weight and very little if any on how to gain.

It's best to keep slim as when you get older you could gain weight anyway.

Or you could follow George's path when he gained weight for Syriana..... 30 pounds was it ??
He ate loads of burgers and milky drinks I believe....well so he said.....probably drank it all on ?
I'm joking really.....I don't mind what he did as he was BRILLIANT in that film and I'm still upset for him at the damage he did to himself by being authentic in That Scene....shudder.....

He Earned that Oscar Coolio

lucy wrote:Lisa looks like any normal 40 year old woman beautiful and healthy. Now that I'm not off topic OofOof, good for you , I also put on weight after turning 40 and spent a decade not taking care of myself. Than I lost 90lbs last year, I've gained a little of that weight back, but nothing like before and I'm much better about what I'm eating and how much, it is about choices. Don't believe in cleansing as a way to control your weight, IMO it's just the new laxative method we've used in the past. Women in general have to stop thinking what we see in Hollywood,TV,MAGS etc. is the only attractive.

And a few more comments from the Stacy Keibler thread about the same topic:

socimar wrote:Had not seen very recent pictures of Stacy until yesterday. She was on the cover of this week's InTouch magazine, so I had to buy it to read the article. The picture speaks a thousand words, so I scanned it. I had no idea that she had lost so much weight. Now I don't know who is skinnier, Elisabetta or Stacy? What is Hollywood doing to these women, once beautiful and "in the flesh", now walking skeletons?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lucy wrote:socimar, it's the George Clooney diet, for some reason the women he dates start off thin and become even thinner the longer they are the GF. IMO it is because they are photographed more and are seen on TV more. People comment so much about how they look, and when George will dump them they lose weight, thinking this makes them look better. Not that they look bad, but they look like they should eat more.

lelacorb wrote:
lucy wrote:socimar, it's the George Clooney diet, for some reason the women he dates start off thin and become even thinner the longer they are the GF. IMO it is because they are photographed more and are seen on TV more. People comment so much about how they look, and when George will dump them they lose weight, thinking this makes them look better. Not that they look bad, but they look like they should eat more.

or maybe hurts so much that lose their appetite!

lucy wrote:Don't think that's the reason lelacorb, they seem to do it on purpose. It's like an addiction as they lose weight they can't stop. Maybe she's preparing for the holidays later this month so she can have a little turkey, some mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, pie, you got to have some wine. So she loses weight so she can eat and not be fat-lol for TV. Sounds like a healthy way to live!

melbert wrote:Lucy, she will allow herself 2 bites of her meal. Everything in moderation, you know...

annemarie wrote:I really don't think there is a George diet more a Hollywood diet your with George Clooney and going to be photographed. So they all try to look their best and thin is in .

Missa wrote:I'm glad some part of the media is finally calling her out for being unhealthy, even if it's InTouch. The constant "look how AMAAAZZING her body is" articles when she's clearly underweight, and vocal about trying to lose even more weight, send really crappy messages to young girls.

OofOof wrote:I'm new so don't yell at me but I wonder if it's not more than simply being in the public eye and feeling like they need to lose weight. All of the women he's been with for the past several years startout thin and end up skeletons. He is much too thin. He wears baggy clothes so it's not so noticeable on him. But look at his face. It's very thin. Which is why he's aged more quickly than say, Brad Pitt, at least IMO.

On this site, there was an article from either THR or Rolling Stone, when he was dating Sarah. The reporter spent the day with him. They followed him home. She was waiting at home in the living room. She had 2 salads on the table in front of them. The reporter wrote George used that no calorie salad spray and seemed fixated on weight and calories...more so than Sarah.

In other articles, including that one, they say he has chopped salads and watermelon in his fridge. I had an eating disorder in my teens. The comments George made in that article, made me wonder about him. He looks so GOOD with just a bit more meat on him. And he must be really thin to look as thin as he does in photos. I actually think it IS the GC diet!

silly girl wrote:I actually thought he was looking healthier lately....like he put on some weight. Although you may be right. SK has certainly changed since she first came on the scene.

I kinda remember that article, but thought he was eating like that because of his girlfriend. I remember seeing a photo of him out to dinner with RZ during the Leatherheads promo tours. They were at a dinner table and I noticed that RZ hadn't touched her pasta dish but his plate was clean. So maybe this is a new development.

lelacorb wrote:George in Italy has always been considered "a good fork" because he ate and tasted the food and always ended with dessert.

Missa wrote:I think you're right, Oof. If I recall correctly, in that article with Sarah and the salads, she comments about how little he eats, something like "He eats less than I do". Just think back to that Charlie Rose interview where they looked inside his fridge. Nothing but condiments and containers of greens. It looked like a 20 year old supermodel lived there.

He has to be super-thin in person to look as thin as he does in pictures. I happen to agree that he looks HOTT with a little more meat on his bones. I don't necessarily think he pressures his girlfriends to lose weight, but it can be very easy to take on the habits of the person that you're with. And it could be as subliminal as, "Well, George only ordered a salad, so maybe that's all I should get too", even if they really want a steak.

Picachu wrote:see i knew i should be with him, i am overweight and need to loose so ill go live with him for a few months to get my weight down.

seriously though i also prefer him with a little bit of weight on, he looks much more healthier

lucy wrote:Well if I remember (CRS) how it works, when you fall in love don't you lose your appetite for the first 3-6 months? George's secret diet all these years, change girlfriends every other year.

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 08:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues Empty Re: The George Clooney diet and other weighty issues

Post by Katiedot Tue 11 Dec 2012, 08:59

Hope you guys don't mind; I've moved some comments about weight to this thread and copied other comments about the 'Clooney diet' here. I think weight, public image and weight loss is a powerful subject and it's interesting to keep it together in one place instead of scattered around various threads.

======

FWIW, I remember many years ago (2002?) someone posted a scan in a fan forum of George on the cover of magazine with a throw-away comment about his anorexia. I think it was a German magazine and in the picture George was gaunt - hollows under his cheekbones. I don't know if that poster knew anything specific about George or was just speculating.

Every now and again it comes into discussion whether or not he has or has had some kind of an eating disorder.

I don't know what I think. I remember thinking that the comments he made about his weight gain for Syriana seemed excessive for what he'd done. I also remember a comment in an early interview about how he gains weight easily which stuck in my mind as being something you wouldn't normally expect a man to say.

His last three girlfriends all lost weight once they started dating him publicly. I don't know if that's an effect of dating a man who limits his food intake, or simply the result of being in the public eye and subject to so much attention.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 11 Dec 2012, 09:14

Well, isn´t this a wrong month for diet talk?

Usually mags are full of tips to lose weight in January. You can pick any january issue from 1960´s up till today and there it is: Diet.

My favorite is "himalaya diet", authentic nepalese cuisine. It´s a bit tricky to follow it, because it requires traveling to the spot = Himalaya. It contains individual trekking in a mountains days and nights in cold and hot weather. Bread, soup and water. That´s all. Guaranteed you will lose weight!

If you diet at home, risks of relapsing for over eating after xmas are great. sunny

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 11 Dec 2012, 09:18

Gah! I've done it wrong! The personal stuff about dieting was meant to go in the December chitchat thread.

Hold on a mo'
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:36

I've just been to Nepal and I can tell you that authentic Nepalese cuisine is not bread, soup and water. It's daal bhat ( lentils and rice) and momos, similar to ravioli ( or in Germany "Maultaschen"), you can have them either boiled or fried and filled with meat and/or vegetables.
After a few days, most travellers get so fed up with that cuisine that they turn to Indian or Continental food, which is available practically everywhere. In fact, I just had a great pizza in Kathmandu.
But yes, there is an excellent diet in Nepal: Simply drink unboiled water from the tab in your bathroom, and you will lose a lot of weight....

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 13 Dec 2012, 08:19

When you are trekking in Himalaya it is. I was not talking about katmandoo, which is a city. You can go to many countries for that unboiled water... I had a "tomato soup" in Varsova. It was cold and gray...after, with the high fever and constant vomiting for 4 days all my clothes suddenly felt too big Razz

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:02

I think it is reasonable to believe that a male in his industry whose career and endorsements are based on his looks, be as aware of and obsessive about his weight/physicality as a woman would be. He knows his career is based on luck and the way he looks,. at least that is what has opened many doors for him over the years - he is going to work at keeping the physical in check to ensure he can continue to work in front of the cameras for as long as he can. Look at his peers - Harrison Ford, Bruce Willis, Kevin Spacey, etc. All around his age bracket and he is still considered the hot / good looking one. He is going to ride that train until his dying day. If he consistently had a gut and a bald spot, would the press, studios and fans still be gushing over him? Would he have the endorsements with Omega, Nespresso, Mercedes, etc?

Look at him and Richard Kind - both actors with ability and timing doing the rounds together back in the day. Yet one is A list and the other is simply consistently working (although he is working on more varied and interesting projects IMO) yet not pulling in anything like the money or recognition of the other. And there is one main reason for that - appearance. George is no more talented or skilled than Richard - he just comes in a package that society determines is more aesthetically pleasing.

I think G could tell you the calorie and/or fat content of most foods. Dude drinks lite beer (has for years) and claims to work out every single day no matter what. IMO He is super conscious of what he eats to the same level of the likes of Stacy and co. Not many people undertake cleanses if they don't have some body iimage issues or are thinking about their weight/appearance at length. Are there some who undertake them to feel cleaner and eliminate toxins (based on advice and spin in the media) - maybe but I think most have some level of body image issues and they see it as another way to try and drop a couple of pounds.

How many people can have a 20 year career in a youth obsessed industry and not have picked up some bad habits? And did getting the Sexiest Man Alive title do even more harm for him to look a pre-determined way and develop a willingness to do whatever necessary to obtain that? I mean we have discussed that he guy seems to be a control freak – you don’t think that extents to his diet?
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:25

Great post, watching.

I don't think he has 'issues'. I think he just knows what works and is astute enough to have figured all this out long ago.

It seems to me that he has a very strong work ethic, and was brought up that way, and the rest follows from that.

Originally he wanted to be an athlete, didn't he? And in The American we saw part of his normal workout. The bar on the door (know idea what it's correct name is) was his own, I believe.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:41

Maybe the damage that he did to his spine during the making Syriana means that he now has to watch what he eats and how his weight goes ?
I seem to remember him saying something about hating it when he put the weight on for that film too.
As you say, party, his background is based on athletics and keeping fit etc.
I'd like to be around in 10 years time to see
how he is at 61... lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:52

me too Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 13 Dec 2012, 13:35

I'll be sitting here at my computer in 10 years, cobwebs all around me, waiting for his picture at a sushi bar with his 25 y/o girlfriend, still looking HOT! I agree that he is very conscious of his body and most likely leads a very healthy lifestyle. Looks count in Hollywood, and I believe he is vain enough to keep what he's got.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 13 Dec 2012, 14:07

You know, to me Stacy (leaving the bootcamp place) doesn't look any different from when she was poolside in Cabo, December 2010, in a pink bikini...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down