George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention

5 posters

Go down

Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention Empty Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Diet pills for boys: Hollywood heavyweights George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio spark record sales for a 'turbo' diet supplement among men

25,000 bottles of Meratol have been sold in two months
Men now account for 74 per cent of total sales

The pills are made from prickly pear and seaweed
By Ruth Styles

Hollywood superstars George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio have sparked record sales for a diet supplement with men making up two thirds of buyers for the first time.

Meratol has sold a staggering 25,000 bottles of its diet pill in the UK in the last two months since it was revealed that the A-listers were among celebrity fans.

But for the first time in its six year history, there are more male purchasers than women, who account for 74 per cent of total sales.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The pills, made from a cocktail of herbal ingredients including cactus leaves, prickly pear and seaweed, claim to speed up metabolism to burn fat while suppressing appetite.

Female celebrity fans include actress Eva Longoria and the supplement has been promoted by The Only Way Is Essex favourite Lauren Goodger.

But it is the Clooney Effect which is believed to have sparked the sudden sales surge to men recently as they look to shed those post-Christmas pounds.

A Meratol spokesman said: 'We usually see a ration of around 55:45 women to men purchasing our slimming aids.

'For the first time in six years we can report a significant change in buying patterns with male customers being our primary customer.

'It has been reported recently that two thirds of British men are overweight so there is an increased awareness among them in actively taking action to lose weight.

'Women are already aware of such products but when you get fans like George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio, it helps raise their profile to a whole new audience of men.'

Meratol claims to help shift between three and five pounds a week and was used by The Only Way is Essex star, Lauren Goodger to shed her excess weight.

She said: 'I've taken a lot of herbal diet tablets and some can make you feel a bit shaky but on Meratol I don't feel any different. It helps you burn fat and suppresses your appetite.'

Dubbed a 'turbo weight loss' supplement, each £35 tub contains 60 pills, enough for a month's use, and is available from the website, meratol.com.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention Empty Re: Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention

Post by Katiedot Fri 22 Mar 2013, 15:10

Hahaha! They can expect a letter from George's lawyers any time soon methinks.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention Empty Re: Diet Supplements - George Clooney mention

Post by Mazy Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:17

They most likely think that will only bring more publicity and increased sales. I get so angry with things like this. You go to a certain page or article because it has George's name on it and than might mention him in passing, they just want to use his star power. It really isn't far to George because people only remember that his name was linked to a certain thing.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 22 Mar 2013, 21:33

TMZ live will be talking about this in a few moments. If you are online go onto TMZ.com to watch live. They are teasing it by saying that something happened to the company after they advertised he takes their pills.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 21:50

How do you find these things Silly Girl? Amazing.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 22 Mar 2013, 21:54

Not working helps. I watch TMZ live on my computer because I like the idea of something live and it is good background noise while I do other things.

So apparently since they started this campaign using GC and LD they have sold over 25000 bottles and the sales to men has risen. So pretty much what the Daily Mail article said. They then went on to discuss how GC is in better shape than LD. Of course they showed older photos when he was I think in better shape because of the films he was making. Oh and they said he has to stay in shape to keep up with his gf. Oh and Charles said he bought an Armani tux because he liked how GC looked in his.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 23 Mar 2013, 00:34

A-ha! I knew we'd been talking about this before. Here's the original thread about Meratol: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down