George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George injured in road accident in Sardinia

+13
benex
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
Joanna
What Would He Say
Admin
Donnamarie
annemarie
Way2Old4Dis
Sevens
Picachu
PigPen
Lilia
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 Empty Re: George injured in road accident in Sardinia

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 14 Jul 2018, 22:28

it's me wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:bounce

Means Gió ?
No George Clooney in the video  bounce .
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George injured in road accident in Sardinia - Page 4 Empty Re: George injured in road accident in Sardinia

Post by it's me Sat 14 Jul 2018, 22:41

I know
I already said
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 15 Jul 2018, 01:13

Bear with me, these are just the late night thoughts of a tired mind... BUT....

We all look for patterns, in language in art in politics in everything.... I think I found one.....

When I joined here, back in 2013 George was riding high, filming MM, preparing to open Gravity.... Not a care in the world, he had just split amicably from Stacey.... it all seemed rosy....Sandra and he looked magnificent together in Venice... 

Just as I joined....I scarcely caught my breathe and then everything was cast adrift in uncharted waters......

Maybe my attention jinxed him.....and that in turn jinxed me back....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Jul 2018, 01:39

WWHS - I really doubt he'd agree with you that he's been jinxed since 2013. He's married and has two little ones. He's doing work he loves. He claims he's never been so happy and his friends seem to agree.

I don't know why you feel that following him might have jinxed you, but I hope whatever is making you feel that way goes away. You haven't jinxed him and I'm sure he'd be unhappy to think he jinxed you.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jul 2018, 11:21

George has said he has never been happier he has found the love of his life and they have two beautiful children.

There are no jinx's , life will do what it wants, we can't control everything although we all think we can.

That saying comes to mind , want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jul 2018, 11:26

want to make God laugh
tell him your plans

Rolling Eyes
-

we can't control everything although we all think we can

How true!

Even if
In his position
George needs deeply to have all under control
It's better for him
To let it go a bit
For his ealth sake too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sun 15 Jul 2018, 11:47

they finished shooting in sardinia yesterday, now rome and viterbo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jul 2018, 12:42

Clooney says goodbye to the set: «I like Sardinia I'll be back to you soon»
The last take was beaten without him, now Catch 22 moves to Lazio
by Dario Budroni
Send by email
Print
July 14, 2018

LinkedIn

Pinterest

The last clapperboard was beaten without him. While in Olbia the last scenes of the series "Catch 22" were turned, in all probability George Clooney was already on the shores of Lake Como to enjoy the peace of Villa Oleandra. But it's a matter of days. Immediately the American star, who only on Tuesday had been the protagonist of a resounding motorcycle accident on the streets of Gallura, will return to the set to direct the shooting of his TV series. No longer in Sardinia but between Rome and Viterbo, where a second part of the cinematographic work is set. In short, the adventure in Sardinia, at least for the moment, for George Clooney has just ended. Not really in the best way, seen the crash in a scooter in Costa Corallina that cost him a bruise to the knee. However, his return is not to be excluded. Rather. In the emergency rooms of Olbia, a couple of hours after the incident, the Hollywood star to the doctors had, for example, said: "I love the island a lot. In September, as soon as I finish shooting the TV series, I will return to Sardinia to enjoy it quietly. I'm fine here ". Yesterday in Olbia, between the airport of Venafiorita and the coves of Capo Ceraso, the last scenes in Sardinia of "Catch 22" were shot. But without Clooney, who preferred to rest a bit 'in view of the return behind the camera in Lazio. In the coming days, the set set up at the Venafiorita airport, where an American air base of the Second World War was recreated, will be gradually dismantled. Today the production managers will also start leaving Olbia.

Thus closes a chapter that will remain written in the history of the city and of Gallura. The news that George Clooney intended to shoot a TV series in Olbia had suddenly circulated in early March. After days of indiscretions, the star of Holliwood had then appeared in Venafiorita, one Sunday morning, for a long visit with some producers of Paramount. Clooney, once visited the location, no longer had any doubts. He chose Olbia and Venafiorita and in April gave the green light to the casting for the selection of hundreds of local extras. The shootings then began at the end of May, with the city and its skies that soon found themselves invaded by military trucks and warplanes. Spectacular then, the night bombardment of the airport of Venafiorita, a few weeks ago, with the sky that was illuminated by giant explosions. An adventure in which many Sardinians took part, including extras, guards, chefs, waiters, set designers and workers. The participation in the shooting of the Sassari Brigade band, which for a few days had to wear the US uniform, was also notable.

Clooney, for his stay in Sardinia, chose the area of ​​Puntaldia, near San Teodoro, where he rented a mega villa overlooking Tavolara. It must be said that the star has been seen a few times around, apart from a few exits in motion and in restaurants, plus the purchase of a couple of forms of pecorino from a street vendor. Only Tuesday morning, however, the motorcycle accident that has been around the world. Clooney, when he went to the set, had found
the road blocked by a car intent on turning left. Flew first on the car and then on the asphalt, he had been transported to the emergency room in Olbia for a bruise to the knee. Thursday morning, finally, the farewell to Olbia on board his private jet together with his wife Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Jul 2018, 13:15

Cool. Good to know that he's well enough already to return to work next week.

A favour to ask: if there are any sightings of him, please don't post them in this thread, but start a new one. This thread is about George's accident and not his summer in Italy. Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jul 2018, 13:40

Not new sighting or article
But sort of a reflection

I was searching about reflexology
And I found a statement more or less

Sickness can be seen as opportunity

To re-set things

Maybe a positive way to see this event too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 15 Jul 2018, 20:54

I like that IM a re-set....

A jinx doesn’t have affect every part of your life.... it can be your monetary worth, your self worth, your work, your spirit it can be anything...  not your kids etc; they can be honky dorey.....Don’t assumes it’s the whole story....It’s a chapter or maybe two....

When I came here GC could do no wrong... public opinion drooled on his every word... a story (my first DM) in DM about meeting fans outside a hotel during MM had 100% positive comments.... Men thought he was cool, woman adored him....Look today... it’s not nice... it’s horrible.... He pounds the media pavement, like never before,  but no applause is coming....I fear it never will....

I don’t like saying or thinking these things... I want my own old Pollyanna me back... but I’ve been jinxed.....my bright side dimmed.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 15 Jul 2018, 21:38

I very well remember your first posts WWHS, and your observations of George at the time. I had also seen him in the hotel foyer and there was no doubt that he was a) in charge (in the most charming way of course) but he really wanted to get on with it, and of course we now know why - becos he had invited Amal and her mother and wanted to be sure they were there.

Now it's very clear to me that he's the happiest he's ever been - but he's had a bit of a shake up. Pretty sure if he was a any serious sort of danger he would not be getting on a private plane with his family - he would have been stretchered to hospital!

I'm not sure he's pounding any pavement - he now has a partner in crime for all the things he's always been interested in - an amazing team doing wonderful things in the world.

If the paps follow it's more grist to their mill. And for those who seek to criticise and write rubbish comments on appearance etc, it seems an awful waste of their time and it's a shame they can't follow George's lead, don't you think?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:14

No one ever has it great all the time that is life , George has his ups and downs like every human being. He is not perfect never has been never will be as we are all .

What I see is a man who has had a great run and more success than many have in Hollywood.  I also think George has known since it started that the great run and everyone saying how great he is would end.  I think he is a very happy man 
he has more than most men could dream of. His success in film has been great, but I think his most important success is
in his personal life, marriage and two children are probably for him his greatest accomplishments.

I'm sure he will have more successes in film his career isn't over and won't be until he decides it's time to stop making films he wants to make.

Last edited by annemarie on Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:39; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:33

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:39

I hope George Clooney's recovery is going well. And, I hope George, Amal, their twins, and extended family have a wonderful summer.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Jul 2018, 23:52

WWHS - I was going to say that George is just the same as ever - that men still want to be him and women want to be with him (well, that's still true!) but I realised that things really aren't the same. It isn't any kind of jinx, though.
IMO it's a combination of things. One is his political out-spokenness. He probably has lost some fans because of the stances he takes. Trump and the Republicans miss no opportunity to ridicule anyone who has the nerve to disagree with them - and George does disagree with them often.

Another reason, though, is more organic and inevitable. He's getting older. It happens to everyone, but when it happens to a movie star we see it on a larger scale. He's not Joe Cool hopping from bed to bed that so many men envied. He's a happily married man with kids - which women might find really attractive, but men not so much.

He said he doesn't want to get old on screen so he's stepping away from acting to work behind the scenes. This is relatively new territory for him and he hasn't mastered it yet. There are going to be successes and failures - hopefully more good than bad. The thing is, many young moviegoers don't really know his early work or why he's chased around by the paps. Maybe some girls think it's because of his wife. To them he's too old to be their sexiest man alive. They've got a whole new generation of stars to crush on.

All that said, he's living a very good life and still has legions of fans who love him. If he didn't the paps wouldn't bother chasing him all over the world.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jul 2018, 19:02

I do like those two pictures with the twins in 
and the way that they are sitting with their Mom
and their Nanny.

I'm pleased that their faces have been pixelated.
To me this shows respect towards The Clooney Family 
and hopefully it will continue.

Hopefully George is making a full recovery 
from his recent injuries.     Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 18 Jul 2018, 17:03

[size=40]Amal Clooney ‘Wouldn’t Leave George’s Side’ After His Terrifying Accident: Source

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Famal-clooney-wouldnt-leave-georges-side-after-his-terrifying-accident-source%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dpinshare%3Futm_content%3D6409425&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F07%2F969631666.jpg&description=Amal Clooney %E2%80%98Wouldn%E2%80%99t Leave George%E2%80%99s Side%E2%80%99 After His Terrifying Accident%3A Source][/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Amal Clooney %E2%80%98Wouldn%E2%80%99t Leave George%E2%80%99s Side%E2%80%99 After His Terrifying Accident%3A Source [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] via @people][/url][/size]

Play
[size=10]
[size=10]Unmute

[/size][/size]
1:01

/

1:08
[size][size][size]
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

[/size][/size][/size]

Captions

Fullscreen
[size][size]
YOU MIGHT LIKE

PEOPLE NOW: FULL EPISODE JULY 10TH
RUTHIE ANN MILES RETURNS TO WORK AFTER LOSING HER UNBORN BABY AND THE CAR CRASH DEATH OF DAUGHTER
[/size][/size]
[size]
ELIZABETH LEONARD  
July 18, 2018 09:30 AM

As soon as Amal Clooney got word that George had been involved in a serious motor-scooter accident on the Italian island of Sardinia on July 10, she immediately rushed to her husband’s side.
And for several days, even after George was released from the local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, it’s where Amal remained, a source tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue.
“Amal wouldn’t leave his side,” says the source. “It was obvious that she was concerned.”
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Famal-clooney-wouldnt-leave-georges-side-after-his-terrifying-accident-source%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dpinshare%3Futm_content%3D6409425&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F07%2F969631666.jpg&description=Amal Clooney %E2%80%98Wouldn%E2%80%99t Leave George%E2%80%99s Side%E2%80%99 After His Terrifying Accident%3A Source][/url]
George and Amal Clooney
Emma McIntyre/Getty
Who could blame her. During the accident, captured on video by a security camera, George, 57, was launched into the air after his scooter slammed head-on into a car that appeared to turn into his lane. He landed in a dazed heap on the road and by all accounts, is one lucky man.
His and Amal’s families “were very worried and on the telephone reassuring one another, saying how lucky George was,” another close source tells PEOPLE. “He could have been killed.” 
WATCH: George Clooney Tells David Letterman About His Deep Love For Wife Amal

[/size]
[size=32][size=32]Play Video[/size][/size]
[size]
[size=11]YOU MIGHT LIKE

GEORGE & AMAL CLOONEY SHOW SUPPORT FOR GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION AT D.C. MARCH FOR OUR LIVES EVENT[/size]
Fortunately the actor, who had been en route to the Sardinia set of his Hulu series Catch-22, was wearing a helmet (which reportedly cracked on impact) and managed to escape without serious injury.
Clooney is back at work “a little banged up but fine,” according to an insider, and no doubt feeling especially grateful – for his health of course, but also for Amal’s ever-present support.
As a source close to the family tells PEOPLE, “After being with them, you realize what a truly loving couple they are.” [/size]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 18 Jul 2018, 17:31

Sources....?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 18 Jul 2018, 19:30

ladybugcngc wrote:Sources....?
People
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 18 Jul 2018, 19:52

benex wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:Sources....?
People
People magazine are "the sources" mentioned in the article?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Jul 2018, 22:16

Yep ladybug that is where the article is from.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 18 Jul 2018, 22:19

annemarie wrote:Yep ladybug that is where the article is from.
Wow, so people magazine are not quoting a source.  People magazine is the source?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Jul 2018, 23:03

Ladybug - You're doing it again. READ THE ARTICLE! Benex posted the link again just for you. The article comes from People. They do not name their source - which you would know if you read it! Don't be so lazy.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 18 Jul 2018, 23:18

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - You're doing it again. READ THE ARTICLE! Benex posted the link again just for you. The article comes from People. They do not name their source - which you would know if you read it! Don't be so lazy.
Lizzy, exactly what am I doing again?

I did read the article, that's how I knew there were sources.

Did you read my original post?  It read sources....?

Benex, posted the link.  Annemarie answered the question.  I responded to Annemarie.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 18 Jul 2018, 23:25

By the way, can you define lazy?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Jul 2018, 23:39

Ladybug obviously they had a source someone close to George and Amal spoke to them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 18 Jul 2018, 23:55

annemarie wrote:Ladybug obviously they had a source someone close to George and Amal spoke to them.
Thanks Annemarie, someone close to "George" and "Amal" spoke to "People" magazine.  It was not someone that represents George Clooney.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Jul 2018, 00:05

Ladybug - If, in fact, you did read the article then you know People quotes "a source" but doesn't name that source. Annemarie is speculating that it was someone close to G&A. She read the article, thought about what they said and drew her own conclusions. She's probably right that it was someone close to them, but we can't be 100% sure since we don't know who it was.

To me, being lazy means letting someone else do your work (or thinking) for you.  If you want the dictionary definition, look it up yourself.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 19 Jul 2018, 00:27

Lizzy,

I extend to you, when you refer to someone as lazy, you have a clear definition of what that means.  

All I did was ask the question, sources...?

Where I come from if you don't know something you ask.  That's not being lazy.

If you didn't know the answer to my question, then say so you don't know the answer or say nothing at all.  Don't accuse me of being lazy because I asked the question.

Posters here sometimes have detailed information, I thought maybe someone here knew who the sources were, that's why I asked.

It's clear other than speculation, no one seems to know who the sources mentioned in the "People" article are.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Jul 2018, 01:05

Ladybug , the way you asked the question made it seem like you didn't read the article. If you has simply said who was the source , you would have gotten the answer none of us know.  I think it was some one close too the Clooney's because of the last line in the article.

When a spokesman for George speaks it is clearly stated in the article.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Jul 2018, 01:32

Ladybug - Sorry if you were offended, but the schoolteacher in me gets quite irritated when someone poses a very non-specific question and offers their own possible answers. "...sources?" can be interpreted several ways. As Annemarie said, if you had simply asked a complete question you would have gotten the answer you wanted.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 19 Jul 2018, 02:04

......and none of this needed to happen at all, Ladybug, if you had simply googled the word 'Clooney' just like the rest of us do - and indeed you do for pix!

Pretty sure school also teaches us to research and find stuff out for ourselves too.........and actually if you read what Annemarie has thoughtfully printed out for us, it says People Now at the top!

And since you have been here for a while, you must be aware that People is generally thought of as a source for positive and accurate George news items - Stan probably knows them well!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 19 Jul 2018, 06:35

It might be a made-up story like many others, but People usually is a reliable source, and since we already know that Amal rushed to the hospital after the accident, it's the most normal reactiob after an accident with an injured person to be concerned about him and his health.

I've also read on a German site that 'Amal was furious after the accident and told him never to ride a motorbike or scooter again because she doesn't want Ella and Alexander to grow up without their father'. 
Another article that was posted on many German sites was that 'Amal already consulted a divorce lawyer because she wants a larger family with lots of children and only agreed to marry George when he accepted that. Now he's done with kids, and that's why she wants to divorce him.'
I didn't post these articles because I was too lazy to translate them. And for me it was obvious that they were made-up stories because they only appeared in German and originally came from gossip magazines which are known for made-up stories. The first one simply sounded like a journalist thinking: "How could Amal have reacted to this accident?"
And the other one was obviously fake to me because Amal had told the reporter in the interview last summer in Laglio after the twins' birth that they don't plan on more children and that she already had them quite late.
These articles both name anonymous sources.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 19 Jul 2018, 07:06

Thanks everyone, your comments were very helpful.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Jul 2018, 17:47

Carol, I saw the same headline last night on Google about Amal being furious after the accident.  Typical gossipy headline from ‘OK!’ Much like the other outlet claiming Amal wants a divorce.  I usually trust ‘People’.  They are a legitimate celebrity news source.  So even if they don’t name a source I tend to believe that they have checked their claims before they print their stories.

Story from ‘ET’ - seems Noah Wyle has been in touch with George

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 18:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Jul 2018, 19:09

The stories are ridiculous to say the least, I don't think Amal would ever tell George what to do just as he wouldn't tell her.

As for her wanting more children, she herself said she wasn't having anymore.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Jul 2018, 19:10

[size=46]Noah Wyle Says Former Co-Star George Clooney Is in Good Spirits Following Scooter Accident (Exclusive)[/size]

By Desiree Murphy‍ 9:29 AM PDT, July 19, 2018

[size=9]Gabriel Olsen/Getty Images

George Clooney is in good spirits following his scooter accident, according to his former ER co-star, Noah Wyle.
ET caught up with Wyle at the Broken Star premiere at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California, on Wednesday, where he revealed he's been in contact with his pal following the scary incident that occurred earlier this month in Italy.
"I wrote him and I said, 'I hope the reports of no serious injury are true and that only your ego is bruised,' and that he's 'running out of nine lives,'" Wyle joked to ET's Katie Krause. "He's a crazy cat."

Wyle continued on, recalling Clooney's response: "He said he's on four wheels for a while."
Although it's been nearly a decade since ER wrapped, Wyle said he and Clooney have kept in touch, mostly through casual texting.
"We're really good texters, and he's a really busy man," the 47-year-old actor shared, adding that they usually text things like, "Happy birthday. Congratulations on the birth of your kids. Merry Christmas."
Italian authorities confirmed to ET that Clooney was involved in a traffic collision while riding his scooter near Olbia, Italy, on July 10. A source told ET that Clooney was going about 60 mph when a Mercedes hit him, and that he was thrown about 20 feet in the air. Clooney's helmet hit the windshield and broke due to the force of the impact, the source added.
"George was treated and released from an Olbia hospital," a rep for Clooney told ET at the time. "He is recovering at home and will be fine."
The 57-year-old actor was spotted two days later, leaving Sardinia on a private plane with his wife, Amal. Though he had to be assisted onto the plane, he was still able to flash a smile as photographers captured his pic.
[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Jul 2018, 19:13

Saw that Fox News picked up the story about Amal being furious. They even threw in that both she and Nina told him he has to get rid of the scooter. If the "four wheels for a while" comment is true, don't count on him getting rid of his bikes anytime soon. Sounds like he'll just lay off until the womenfolk calm down. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 19 Jul 2018, 19:21

"He's a crazy cat."  Cat:   Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Thu 19 Jul 2018, 19:31

NEWS
Noah Wyle Says Former Co-Star George Clooney Is in Good Spirits Following Scooter Accident (Exclusive)
By Desiree Murphy 9:29 AM PDT, July 19, 2018
Gabriel Olsen/Getty Images
George Clooney is in good spirits following his
scooter accident , according to his former ER co-star, Noah Wyle.
ET caught up with Wyle at the Broken Star premiere at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California, on Wednesday, where he revealed he's been in contact with his pal following the scary incident that occurred earlier this month in Italy.
"I wrote him and I said, 'I hope the reports of no serious injury are true and that only your ego is bruised,' and that he's 'running out of nine lives,'" Wyle joked to ET's Katie Krause. "He's a crazy cat."
Wyle continued on, recalling Clooney's response: "He said he's on four wheels for a while."
Although it's been nearly a decade since ER wrapped, Wyle said he and Clooney have kept in touch, mostly through casual texting.
"We're really good texters, and he's a really busy man," the 47-year-old actor shared, adding that they usually text things like, "Happy birthday. Congratulations on the birth of your kids. Merry Christmas."
Italian authorities confirmed to ET that Clooney was involved in a traffic collision while riding his scooter near Olbia, Italy, on July 10. A source told ET that Clooney was going about 60 mph when a Mercedes hit him, and that he was
thrown about 20 feet in the air. Clooney's helmet hit the windshield and broke due to the force of the impact, the source added.
"George was treated and released from an Olbia hospital," a rep for Clooney told ET at the time. "He is recovering at home and will be fine."
The 57-year-old actor was spotted two days later, leaving Sardinia on a private plane with his wife, Amal. Though he had to be assisted onto the plane, he was still able to flash a smile as photographers captured his pic.
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 19 Jul 2018, 21:44

Fox are not huge fans of George - he's a liberal! and I'm pretty sure the feeling's mutual (apart that is from Chris Wallace, who's stayed with George in Como) - so they'd pile on the drama anyway.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Jul 2018, 22:25

Noah Wyle was nice Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Jul 2018, 22:34

I don't think George will give up bikes they are his passion and offer him a special kind of freedom with his friends.

The accident happened, he could have been injured in many different ways that's life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 20 Jul 2018, 18:39

Don't see the point of asking for sources when it's clear in the article that the sources aren't mentioned. How is anyone here supposed to know if the magazine printing the story doesn't say?

Anyway, I'm thinking these are all pretty much made up stories. The whole 'she never left his side' sounds silly: is there any woman who'd greet her husband with "Oh, you nearly died in a motorbike accident? Righto, I'm just popping down the shopping mall then catching up for a spa and dinner with the girls. See you in eight hours"? No. Didn't need any inside info to write that story.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jul 2018, 22:23

Parla Giovanni

(Sorry
double post
I can't erase
Anyway look at the next one )

Last edited by it's me on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jul 2018, 22:26

Parla Giovanni

Clooney's bodyguard: "He has no guilt"

Olbia. He is the shadow of the star. The man who never loses sight of Clooney. Chief of the security of the star, but also close friend and wedding witness of George and Amal. Giovanni Zeqireya, Neapolitan, was in the wake of Clooney when the actor collided with a car that had occupied the opposite roadway to turn left. The impact, for the American director who traveled in motion on the streets of Gallura, was inevitable. And so now his bodyguard intervenes. Taking advantage of the case is not part of Clooney's way of being and those around him.

John Zeqireya just wants to make things clear. He just wants to explain how the facts really went on the morning of July 10, when George Clooney ended up against the muzzle of Mercedes led by Antonello Viglino, 67enne originating in Nuorese. ' These days it has been said a bit ' of everything, but what I would like to emphasize is that the fault was not of Mr. Clooney, who can certainly not go in the wrong-explains the person in charge of the security of the actor-. The car had indeed totally invaded the opposite lane. " The accident will not have any kind of trail. It will be treated like any road accident, with Appraitions, reconstructions of the fact and intervention of the insurances. "Of course we will follow the normal procedures provided by the law-says Zeqireya-. The same Clooney, in the hospital, despite the blow, was also concerned about the Lord who had caused the accident.

The Clash. Tuesday, July 10, just after 8, George Clooney was riding his scooter. Leaving the villa of Puntaldia, he had started to reach the set of the series «Catch 22». The crash occurred in Costa Corallina, between Porto San Paolo and Olbia, in front of the entrance of Hotel Ollastu. ' The car had invaded the opposite lane because it had to turn left, ' explains Giovanni Zeqireya. A first bike was able to avoid the crash. On board was American director Grant Heslov, who directed the series with the star and Ellen Kuras. But Clooney did not: it went to end against the car led by Antonello Viglino who landed the road. "The first bike has managed to pass, the second no-says Zeqireya-. My intent is not to defend Clooney at all costs, but to bring out only the truth. He could leave the skin in that accident and only fortunately nothing serious happened. ' The director and actor was then transported to the emergency room of the hospital of Olbia. For him a bruused knee and a 20-day prognosis. The photos and the history of his accident have gone around the world.

Clooney and Sardinia. The filming of "Catch 22", at least in Sardinia, are finished. Now they will continue between Rome and Viterbo. And despite the incident, Clooney has remained a great memory of Sardinia. «He is in love with this island – tells the friend and bodyguard of the star –. He was fine with whoever worked. All cordial people, in hand, people who loved him without double ends, people who when they heard about the accident have suffered with us». And it is precisely because he loves Sardinia that Clooney was amused to turn in motion in the streets of Gallura. «He likes perfumes, likes the roads near the sea – continues Giovanni Zeqireya –. It is very passionate, a bit like the people of southern Italy. He falls in love with people and also of eating. He was delighted to walk the beautiful streets of Sardinia. Then it is obvious, of course during the summer, with the arrival of tourists, increases traffic and I seem to have understood that accidents are very frequent road. It happened to him too, it was a little present that we should not have done. But it went like this... '

So
No guilt
Obviously
And the other biker was ..... Bounce

Grant Laughing

Anyway
Enamoured of Sardegna Very Happy

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 21 Jul 2018, 11:32

I have seen Mr Gio in the flesh twice.... and I can tell you he is one fine fella.... a good sort....a lovely gentleman.... not many of them around these days....

George got lucky with Mr Gio.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Jul 2018, 13:59

Giovanni is really a fine man

Always lookin after him
So
Very well welcomed !!! Hug1 Give Flowers2

What makes me astonished is that
If I am not totally wrong
I read he has a lot of kids

And a strange job which keeps him away for long time

But he also seems to be a doting father too  scratch

Probably working hard in months
Then
At home a lot

Well
Not my business Razz

Ciao Gió Hello! Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum