George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

+65
annemarie
What Would He Say
Surfing
LizzyNY
Sevens
socimar
PigPen
Donnamarie
Hebe
Silje
Alisonfan
Rose
Pita428
happycat
Einstein
Way2Old4Dis
hathaross
ally12
Nicky80
ktsue2002
mel01
Mazy
Duffy
playfuldeb
Lighterside
aflower1325
Dior
cupcake
NotAvailable
Henway
fluffy
janieb
Cynisca
very vera
noodle
laetval
msadrienne
watching
amaretti
Atalante
phys major
LornaDoone
silly girl
party animal - not!
Best in Category
lelacorb
OofOof
fava
blubelle
cindigirl
MM
Joanna
theminis
macs
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
Maggy
lucy
bamboochacha
Lakin460
Vi
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
69 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by it's me Thu 13 Aug 2015, 18:04

I saw too scratch
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by LizzyNY Fri 14 Aug 2015, 13:17

LOL!!  "Canadian tuxedo"?? Too funny!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 24 Aug 2015, 20:57

Girls,

I wrote to Casamigos twitter if the launch the tequila just in Ibiza or also in other places of Spain and she answered to me telling that if I want a bottle to write an email to them. 

George favorite is the reposado, right? 

And to the ones who have taste it, which one is the smoother ? I don´t like strong drinks.

I will talk to them how much would be to send a bottle because it is not a very cheap tequila... hahaha
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 25 Aug 2015, 01:52

hathaross wrote:Girls,

I wrote to Casamigos twitter if the launch the tequila just in Ibiza or also in other places of Spain and she answered to me telling that if I want a bottle to write an email to them. 

George favorite is the reposado, right? 

And to the ones who have taste it, which one is the smoother ? I don´t like strong drinks.

I will talk to them how much would be to send a bottle because it is not a very cheap tequila... hahaha

hathaross, I drink the Reposado. I make simple margaritas with it. It's nice and smooth. But If you are going to make mixed drinks I would buy the Blanco. Most of the recipes for Casamigos drinks use the Blanco. Next time I buy a bottle I'm going to try it.

I think George likes all of them.

Good luck.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:21

Donnamarie wrote:

Just a reminder that George's share of the profits from Casamigos is going directly towards his humanitarian efforts.  Like The Sentry.

I really doubt that any profit is made from Casamigos. Probably a tax write off..  Double the price of any other reputable tequila brand like Silver Patron.

The young generation who frequent Ibiza or drink tequila would not choose an ordinary brand with an excessive  price tag,  marketed & produced by any borderline B- list celebrity in his mid-50s  like George Clooney, who is their parents' age group. Not cool at all. Boring public image & very aesthetically unappealing desperation is how brand Clooney is perceived. 

I read that on a new George Clooney independent blog being launched this week. Seems genuine & not fawning to promote him.  No one can post on it, though. 

Anyway, Steve Wynn probably made sure Casamigos business in Vegas was damaged. 

Clooney resorting to desparate measures to promote it. Sales must be abysmally low. 

There is no proof that any profit from the sales is going to any charitable organization. That's just a bogus marketing pitch. Just because PR teams claim a celebrity is contributing proceeds to a cause does not mean they do.  
Seen the figures?  
Even so, only tax deductions would be claimed as contributions to phantom charities. 

Casamigos is a "luxury" product with a ridiculous & unwarranted price tag to pay for the brand Clooney name. 
Critics only claim Casamigos is ordinary at best.

Wonder how long before it's pulled off the market? It'll do so poorly in UK...& worldwide.

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:57

Surfing your comments are mean and malicious. Your assertions are totally unsubstantiated. You have absolutely no credibility.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:01

Prove otherwise then. But not plagiarised press releases that claim so with no evidence.  Provide statistical analysis/  data. My remarks are based on critics' reviews of Casamigos as a product, demand & supply.   
Added to that, an evaluation.  
Nothing mean & malicious. It's pragmatical estimates & forecasting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I like tequila, but I have never tried this brand. 
(Didn't get one sent to me as a fringe benefit for work participation either). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   Not a connoisseur as it's a rare spirit I consume.

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:55

Thanks Donnamarie  Smile Thumbs up!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:05

hathaross wrote:Thanks Donnamarie  Smile Thumbs up!

You're welcome hathaross. Cheers! drunken Drink 3
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 06 Sep 2015, 20:59

Moved the Ibiza post here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 18:59

Video

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:15

Only had 3 cups of coffee so far not completely awake for a Friday....

What the hell is this?  I don't get it.........

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 18 Sep 2015, 18:41

There is not much to support at the minute, G wise....I'll shoot an email Monday and order a bit of his hard stuff.....Watch out O'Casamigos the Irish are coming.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:18

It looks like surfboard art with the casamigos logo for Randes office.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:20

He paid someone to do that?????????????  Boy, am I in the wrong profession.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 11 Empty Casamigos has arrived in Augusta, Kentucky

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Oct 2015, 03:03

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 20:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Oct 2015, 03:05

and...........

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 20:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 15 Oct 2015, 20:36

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 16 Oct 2015, 23:59

I want one of those T-shirt !!!! Sad Sad
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 17 Oct 2015, 01:00

Me too hathaross. I emailed Casamigos several months ago asking about t-shirts but they said they were not planning on making them available to the public at that time. I just checked the site again and it still doesn't look like they are for sale.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 17 Oct 2015, 11:53

I wrote them by twitter about it, asking if there were available. 
They told me that they will let me know when it happen.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:28

Photo Shoot for Casamigos today!! --- Many thanks to the last minute extras we used today!! We will keep you posted on this! fanpageOmg Nick and Nina Clooney

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:12

So does this mean Nick and Nina are in Cali ? That doesn't look like Nick to me.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:43

Not necessarily. That's the Instagram page of augustakentuckygirl..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 24 Oct 2015, 12:12

Ah o.k thanks Pan.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 24 Oct 2015, 21:28

I still haven't opened my bottle.

It's on display in my lounge on a side table,
together with three little Westies.
(Oooops....must remember to give it a flick 
over with my pink fluffy)

I'm waiting now for a forthcoming family occasion 
to open it.

Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 24 Oct 2015, 21:47

No, that´s not Nick.

I want one bottle so badly. I am waiting for this coming year so I can get one when I go to the capital. Yesterday I tasted tequila-chocolate and was delicious !!!!  Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagan Cat Lady Sun 25 Oct 2015, 06:12

I recieved a bottle of the Blanco yesterday as a gift from friends after my promotion was (finally) finalized. I'm not any judge on what is good or bad, only know what I like and this I did like. I liked it as well as the tequila I "normally" drink, Patron. 

Not sure how much it costs, or what the quality is purported to be but someone told me years ago that the better the quality the less the chance of a hangover. I don't know how true that is as I hardly drink anymore, and when I do drink, I rarely wake up the next day with more than feeling slightly thirsty, but I woke up this morning feeling as if I hadn't drank at all last night.

Does anyone know if their distillery made it thru hurricane Patricia ok? I'm glad that the hurricane turned out to be not as bad as it was guessed it would be but haven't seen much in the news about specific damages.

Pagan Cat Lady
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:51

Congratulations on your promotion Pagan Cat Lady.

I have never tried tequila may have to try this one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 25 Oct 2015, 14:27

Pagan Cat Lady, I drink Casamigos and I can say that it doesn't give you a headache the morning after.  I'm not a big drinker but I've found the Casamigos very smooth compared to other tequilas.  I've had Patron before and it's also very good.  Last time I bought Casamigos Blanco it was about $50.  It's pricey and I had to get it at an ABC store so prices there tend to be less competitive.

I think the hurricane luckily ended up doing less damage inland in Mexico.  It petered out pretty quickly after hitting land.   Maybe just lots of rain.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagan Cat Lady Sun 25 Oct 2015, 16:30

Thanks annemarie! Longest promotion on my life! Took eight months and all that was needed was a signature. Bah, bosses Rolling Eyes

If there's ever a tequila for someone who wants to try it, the Casamigos is it (IMO). It's the best of the tequila out there, plus the profit goes for charity so you almost have to try it Very Happy

Pagan Cat Lady
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagan Cat Lady Sun 25 Oct 2015, 16:38

Donnamarie, that's good news about the hurricane. Hope there's nothing more than minor flooding.

It's good to know about the price of the Casamigos. It's definetly worth it for something that doesn't leave you feeling like death the next day. And the profits going to charity is really compelling reason to buy it.Very Happy

I've tried a couple of the "celebrity" tequilas out there and I really think Casamigos is the best. Only one that came close is the tequila made by Dan Acroyd but I don't think he's even making it anymore, plus the price was astronomical if memory serves. Something like $100 but it did come in a cool skull shaped bottle. Shocked

Pagan Cat Lady
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Sun 25 Oct 2015, 22:04

A snippet from The Mail on Sunday.......

'George Clooney now has the perfect place to keep bottles of his favourite tequila - a £3,500 drinks cabinet. His wife Amal forked out for the leather-padded cabinet, called The Rockstar, when she spotted it at London design shop Buster and Punch, and asked for it to be shipped to their Hollywood home.'

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 00:54

Thanks for that "snippet" Hebe.  Surprised though that  it's not going to the Sonning home.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Oct 2015, 01:50

This........

mm, I wonder....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 26 Oct 2015, 01:59

Donnamarie - It surprised me too that she had it sent to LA. Does he really need another bar in his Studio City home? If I remember correctly there are at least two already, in addition to that huge wine fridge.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 02:57

PAN thanks for the link. Well it's an intriguing piece. On the small side. Lizzy maybe it's for their bedroom. The one place in the house that maybe he hadn't thought of ... yet.
I'm kidding but I suspect Amal bought it with a special place in mind.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 03:30

She probably does have a place for it in their home it is smaller and will take up less space than the big ones.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:13

Is November 5th celebrated in the US? 

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:34

I always thought it's just celebrated in Britain. When I spent a lot of time in Britain when I was young (a loooong time ago Crying or Very sad) I got to know it as 'Guy Fawkes Night'.
Or is it for the British market since they launched Casamigos in Britain?
"Remember, remember the Fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot;
I know of no reason
why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot"
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:53

PAN - W don't celebrate Guy Fawkes Day here in the US. We blow things up on July 4th! Smile I think the Casamigos ads are only for the UK.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 06 Nov 2015, 14:04

I never heard of Guy Fawkes Day.  Since Casamigos just entered the UK market, as Lizzy said, I think it's a tip of the hat to them.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 06 Nov 2015, 14:33

Nope not celebrated here in America.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 12 Nov 2015, 04:39

Well this story was inevitable....

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:43

That is totally ridiculous why would they use sweatshop labor.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:50

To increase THEIR profits.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 12 Nov 2015, 13:48

This story is the antithesis of who George is.  The story IS ridiculous.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 12 Nov 2015, 14:39

Donnamarie wrote:This story is the antithesis of who George is.  The story IS ridiculous.
Donnamarie,
I can't imagine that he would accept these working conditions at his company.
I think somebody tries to damage Casamigos and its reputation and uses George's name and agree with you, it's ridiculous!
If you check George's name on youtube there's a new video every day claiming that George is paid by Lockhead and other arms manufacturer. Somebody (often different names) puts a new video on youtube every day although nobody ever watches it...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Fri 20 Nov 2015, 21:48

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagan Cat Lady Fri 20 Nov 2015, 22:26

Wow! That GossipCop story was weird. confused

I know I shouldn't be surprised that someone would make up a story like that and try to sell, it but I am. I can't even imagine what kind of messed up person would spend all that time and effort making up a story like that. And for what? To try and hurt George's image? To try to hurt the sales of their tequila? That's a whole other kind of crazy there affraid

Pagan Cat Lady
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next