George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

+65
annemarie
What Would He Say
Surfing
LizzyNY
Sevens
socimar
PigPen
Donnamarie
Hebe
Silje
Alisonfan
Rose
Pita428
happycat
Einstein
Way2Old4Dis
hathaross
ally12
Nicky80
ktsue2002
mel01
Mazy
Duffy
playfuldeb
Lighterside
aflower1325
Dior
cupcake
NotAvailable
Henway
fluffy
janieb
Cynisca
very vera
noodle
laetval
msadrienne
watching
amaretti
Atalante
phys major
LornaDoone
silly girl
party animal - not!
Best in Category
lelacorb
OofOof
fava
blubelle
cindigirl
MM
Joanna
theminis
macs
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
Maggy
lucy
bamboochacha
Lakin460
Vi
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
69 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by Atalante Mon 07 Jan 2013, 22:58

Can you cook anything with tequila ??? What a Face
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by phys major Mon 07 Jan 2013, 23:01

That would be bad u would cook the alcohol right out of it.....
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 07 Jan 2013, 23:31

Not so, just drizzle it over, ... LINK, soit I still need grappa ! Basketball

I'll try to find that recipe on the internet for you, I found mine in a book. cat

Last edited by Atalante on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 23:37; edited 1 time in total
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 07 Jan 2013, 23:34

phys major wrote:That would be bad u would cook the alcohol right out of it.....

Agree - bad very, very bad!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 08 Jan 2013, 08:07

Miracle elixir has definately kicked in and Wheee! another marriage on the horizon...

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:00

What´s the name of this new tequila?

Nepenthe (meaning: a "drug of forgetfulness" mentioned in ancient Greek literature and Greek mythology) would be good… Nike is from Greek mythology also. So… marketable name Wink

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:11

A few more details on what they're doing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7th January, 2013 by Becky Paskin

Actor George Clooney and business partner Rande Gerber are reportedly embarking on a US road trip to launch their new Tequila brand Casamigos.

George Clooney, who stars in The Ides of March, is launching Casamigos Tequila later this month

The pair first announced they would be making an entrance in the Tequila market in March last year, although details were hazy.

Now according to reports Clooney and Gerber are embarking on a nationwide road trip to secure distribution for the brand. The pair are expected to visit LA, Las Vega, Miami and Dallas over the coming weeks ahead of a nationwide rollout later this month.

A source told the New York Post: “George and Rande came up with the idea of creating their own house tequila years ago when they both built houses in Mexico. They have been working with a master distiller ever since to create the ultimate blend. The tequila was supposed to just be for them and their friends, but after the success of Rande’s Caliche Rum, they decided to go for it.”

Gerber, who founded nightlife companies The Gerber Group and Midnight Oil, launched Caliche Rum, a Puerto Rican rum brand consisting of four expressions, with Destileria Serrales’ Roberto Serralles across the US in mid-2012.

The launch of Casamigos is however the first foray into the spirits industry for Clooney, who became the face of Martini in 2007 with a trademark moustache.

Clooney is not the only celebrity to recently launch his own Tequila brand. Rapper Xzibit released his own creation Bonita Tequila with Bonita Spirits in November. Other celebrities to have launched spirits recently include former basketball player Shaquille O’Neal, chef Heston Blumenthal, and music producer Timbaland.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:13

(from our friends at Frenchiesfans.canalblog)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:22

Thanks Sillygirl,

I guess I should read more carefully...

I am 98% sure that I have been to Casamigos (chain, mexican) restaurant one time

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:23

Also, they've got their own website and twitter:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (nothing very interesting on it yet)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Check out our Danny Ocean Cocktail: Casamigos, lemon juice, agave, @Heering Cherry Liqueur & pink grapefruit juice.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:26

And one more!

I don't want to cause upset or be accused of 'insulting' George, but with all the gay rumours surrounding him, this isn't the picture I would have chosen to promote the tequila:
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:40

So they were quite busy over Christmas and New Year, since Michael Meldman of Discovery Land, being the owner/CEO of El Dorado, Cabo San Lucas - (and many other other similar resorts)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jan 2013, 13:26

I like the label....very Coolio !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 08 Jan 2013, 13:30

So funny Katie...I am not sure I like the photo either. I never thought to check for a twitter page for the tequila, seeing as he hates social media.

Oh and I was thinking I didn't care for the logo or the label, I find it a bit bland. I think I understand why they chose the type face---like a typewriter, but the logo seems bland to me. JMO.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Jan 2013, 13:32

guess it will pop up
between all the others
multicolored labels

is it his hand in the picture
carrying the glass?

Last edited by it's me on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 13:38; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 08 Jan 2013, 13:38

I am hoping that after they obtain distrbution they will announce that some of the money goes to charity or Satellite Sentinel project. Otherwise, I am not sure of G's motivation for doing this type of commercial venture that trades on his name (other thanbeing a good friend helping RandE out ). If RandE did the rum on his own, why did he need G for the tequila? Could there be a perfume/cologne on the horizon? What would it be called?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jan 2013, 19:50

Cheers...M'Dear

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 08 Jan 2013, 20:09

Katiedot wrote:And one more!

I don't want to cause upset or be accused of 'insulting' George, but with all the gay rumours surrounding him, this isn't the picture I would have chosen to promote the tequila:

Oh wow Katie, I think I have to agree with you! Maybe if they hadn't sat so close to each other! LOL!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Jan 2013, 20:15

great pic anyway
the G one
Jo has now as her avatar

Basketball
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 08 Jan 2013, 20:53

Casamigos is an Italian word? Could mean house friends?

And Katie is right - Rande is looking rather lovingly at George who looks like he's enjoying the moment. LOL Careful guys, you don't want to bring up old rumors.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 20:57

LornaDoone wrote:
Katiedot wrote:I don't want to cause upset or be accused of 'insulting' George, but with all the gay rumours surrounding him, this isn't the picture I would have chosen to promote the tequila:

Oh wow Katie, I think I have to agree with you! Maybe if they hadn't sat so close to each other! LOL!
It's the lovey-dovey expression on Rande's face that does it for me. I know it's meant to be two blokes enjoying masculine company at home (hence casa and amigos) but it just looks . . . odd.

There was a famous (in the UK) marketing failure of a brand of cigarettes (forgotten what brand) that's used as a teaching tool in marketing classes. The picture they used was of a man standing by himself, smoking, and the strapline being "You're never alone with a [this brand of cigarette]". It bombed because people just didn't go for the lonely man image. IIRC, it was some time in the 1960s and the image reminded people of a gay man cruising for business (at that time it was illegal).

Same with this. I know there are some fine tequilas out there, made for sipping like cognac, but that's not really the main tequila image. Not sure if this is going to work.

There were some fabuous pictures taken of George when he was promoting his Las Vegas hotel, sitting in a bar with a group of people. A shot like that would work better IMO.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 08 Jan 2013, 21:13

If this is the reaction of his fans on this site -people who in general do not believe he is gay-- what are other folks going to think of this marketing photo? I agree by the way--there should have been more people in the picture. RandE's male model looks and the almost touching knees do not give off a "guys being guys" vibe.

Last edited by fava on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 21:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 21:48

Ok folks, what I'm going to do is split this thread. The pictures and sightings of them will go into separate threads (one thread per location) and this thread can be for general info about the tequila. Makes sense?

Bear with me for a moment while I sort this out.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:33

OK Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:03

Does anyone want to explain to me why the hashtag for Casamigos is #itcouldhappen ?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:06

Erm, maybe it's been a long time in the planning?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:08

I was wondering the same thing....not sure it is the best tag line....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:11

Also, just funny to note that the first two people @casamigos followed on twitter were Cindy Crawford and Stacy Keibler.

Whoa, social media is scary. Here's the creative/promo team talking about it:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:21

Interesting, but still not sure I like it. But then again I am not sure I like the label either. I know he feels he needs to put his name on it for promotion but the color seems bland....and again this is jmo but it reminds me of celebrity perfumes. It may be good but does it having staying power?

Last edited by silly girl on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar...)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:22

Katie, as someone who's a techie idiot (or you could say, twit!) does that mean Cindy Crawford and Stacy Keibler were following them? Or vice-versa?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:28

party animal - not! wrote:Katie, as someone who's a techie idiot (or you could say, twit!) does that mean Cindy Crawford and Stacy Keibler were following them? Or vice-versa?
It means that the Casamigos tequila twitter account is following them - and that they were the first two people Casamigos chose to follow.

So far neither Cindy nor Stacy are following back, but I guess it's just a matter of time.

=====================

Their facebook page was started in May 2012 so this has been a long-time project.

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:31; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:29

As far as I could tell neither of them is following Casamigos. I wonder who is writing them---probably the publicity dept. They are done through hootsuite.

I really can't imagine GC tweeting.... Wink

Last edited by silly girl on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling---been drinking some wine ;))

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:32

silly girl wrote:I really can't imaging GC tweeting.... Wink
Definitely not! It'll all be done through their PR team and maybe Mr Gerber has access. I don't think any of this has anything to do with George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:55

Thanks, Katie.

CA Creative is a young consultancy, Carol Han and Alexandra Weiss, who help brands to market themselves via the internet in the most effective way apparently...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:56

We had an agave once in the garden, ... for the flowers ! Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 09 Jan 2013, 01:10

cindigirl wrote:Casamigos is an Italian word? Could mean house friends?
CindiGirl, it's Spanish. Casa = house Amigos = friends. So, you're right in the translation!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:27

Hi Watching

Just copying your two posts into this thread as your comments may get lost in the rush of pictures etc.

watching wrote:Has G ever done this before? Been part owner in something and be the one hawking it using his image? I can't think of anything but I could be wrong. This whole tequila thing seems so out of character for him to be doing. The ad, the signature on the bottle, etc. It does look to be a bit of a money grab (and I don't know why I think that cause we have known about this for ages).

I know he has the normal endorsements using his image to sell someone else's product and he has invested in projects (I assume like his buddy's restaurant in LA and the failed to happen casino) and whatnot, but has he been involved in a product before from creation to spruiking it to the masses where the whole point of the excercise is profit?

watching wrote:
Katiedot wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am so not digging the bottle and the label. It looks like bottled water instead of what I assume will be pricey tequila. When I think of tequila, I always think of those short bottles with the wide base.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:36

No prob Katiedot.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 21:08

This is cute. From their facebook page:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 09 Jan 2013, 21:14

Reminds me of Dino's saying.....

"We feel sorry for those who don't drink....
cos when you get up in the morning that's as good
as you're gonnar to feel aaaall day"

When he says it, it's much funnier than reading it !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 09 Jan 2013, 21:17

Katiedot wrote:This is cute. From their facebook page:

I hope those napkins will be sold for the Sat fund too ! Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 21:20

Can't we just steal them from the bar?

Anyway, Cindy Crawford's finally on the case:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 04:39

They've posted some cocktails. I've better things to do with my life than beg instagram to give me pictures to share here, so you'll have to click on the links if you care enough to see the pics:

And from their facebook page:

About
“Tequila-filled nights with friends is how Casamigos was born. Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest tequila. One we didn’t have to cover up with salt or lime.” —George Clooney and Rande Gerber

Description
Casamigos tequila is a small batch, ultra-premium tequila made from the finest, hand-selected, 100% Blue Weber agaves, which are grown in the rich, red soil and cool climate of the Jalisco Highlands of Mexico. Our agaves are harvested after maturing for a minimum of seven years and are hand-chosen for size and quality. Our Master Distiller uses a proprietary yeast blend to ensure the most refined tequila. Following that is a slow fermentation process that takes 50% longer than is typical in the industry, resulting in a deep, rich flavor. Finally, we use natural filtration from our own wells, which is purified and distilled to ensure no change in the tequila profile.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by msadrienne Thu 10 Jan 2013, 07:21

msadrienne
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 07:30

How much money does a person need before you have enough for a lifetime?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:19

lucy wrote:How much money does a person need before you have enough for a lifetime?
All of George's profits go to his Satellite Sentinel project.

I know we already talked about this in another thread but not everyone reads every thread and I don't want to start off another round of questions here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:23

Thanks Katiedot, I don't always read everything, just latest comments.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:32

They're going to sign every bottle they sell?

George Clooney promotes tequila in Dallas, and will autograph Casamigos bottles (Photos)

GEORGE CLOONEYJANUARY 9, 2013BY: TRINA YANNICOS

On Monday night, George Clooney was in Dallas, Texas promoting his new brand of tequila called Casamigos. The actor is currently on a road trip with partner Rande Gerber touting their personal brand of tequila to restaurateurs and liquor store owners in big cities like Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Clooney's entrance into the spirits business is a venture with friend Rande Gerber and real-estate mogul Michael Meldman. They wanted to develop a "warm, rich tequila whose taste we didn't have to cover up with salt or lime," says Clooney. The intent was to make it just for friends, but it was so popular that they decided to launch it to the general public. Casamigos will debut this Spring.

George Clooney and Rande Gerber

Clooney and his partners are working with a distiller in Jalisco, Mexico. The Casamigos partners vow to taste and approve each batch of tequila. Clooney says that the name Casamigos, meaning "house of friends", is taken from the name of the two houses that he and Rande vacation in next to each other in Cabo San Lucas.

The tequila bottles may soon become a collector's item. Vanity Fair reports that Clooney and Gerber will be signing and numbering every bottle they sell.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:36

So far they are doing well. Let's see if there is longevity.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 11 Jan 2013, 01:35

I hope there venture is successful...just stop with the stupid skits...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next