George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

+65
annemarie
What Would He Say
Surfing
LizzyNY
Sevens
socimar
PigPen
Donnamarie
Hebe
Silje
Alisonfan
Rose
Pita428
happycat
Einstein
Way2Old4Dis
hathaross
ally12
Nicky80
ktsue2002
mel01
Mazy
Duffy
playfuldeb
Lighterside
aflower1325
Dior
cupcake
NotAvailable
Henway
fluffy
janieb
Cynisca
very vera
noodle
laetval
msadrienne
watching
amaretti
Atalante
phys major
LornaDoone
silly girl
party animal - not!
Best in Category
lelacorb
OofOof
fava
blubelle
cindigirl
MM
Joanna
theminis
macs
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
Maggy
lucy
bamboochacha
Lakin460
Vi
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
69 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by OofOof Fri 11 Jan 2013, 04:39

Don't know if this is the right thread for this or not but here's Lainey's take on the video:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by Katiedot Fri 11 Jan 2013, 05:08

It's as good a place as any. Here's Lainey's take on it:

George Clooney and his best friend Rande Gerber are now in the tequila business together. Their label is called Casamigos. And they’ve released the first ad featuring themselves and their women...

For many years, Rande’s woman has been Cindy Crawford. For not even two years George’s woman has been Stacy Keibler. But in many ways she’s done more than all who’ve come before. Here is another milestone...

Stacy is to George as Cindy is to Rande, and he’s willing to put it on film as an emblem of his company, in which he’s invested a lot of money. Please. Give this girl the game ball. She doesn’t want marriage, or babies, and, you know, she’s content to not speak, if that’s what it takes. Everyone else gets a line but Stacy, Stacy’s good just looking good.

Have you ever seen this photo?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 11 Jan 2013, 09:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Link
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:48

Suspect

Last edited by phys major on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:38; edited 1 time in total
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:10

She is now his common law wife...can't wait for that palimony law suit when they finally end this thing...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:13

She has now been immortalized as his common law wife...nice going George!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:21

800?

THE COCKTAIL SCENE
George Clooney launches Casamigos tequila with Rande Gerber

Who wouldn’t want to do a few shots of tequila with George Clooney? No need to answer that question.

The Oscar winner strolled into Hakkasan at the Fontainebleau on Tuesday night, and the crowd at the bar literally parted.

Clooney was there with his business partner and longtime friend, night-life impresario Rande Gerber, to talk about their new tequila, Casamigos. Along with another partner, Mike Meldman, they’re on a national tour — and as you can imagine, they’re being received well.

Casamigos is named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s adjacent vacation homes in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where they’ve shared some good times.

Clooney said that at first, the booze was intended for friends and family. “We were always looking for the perfect tequila and we could never find it, so we said, ‘What the hell? Let’s give it a shot and make our own,’ ” he said. “I’m not just endorsing this. It’s ours. … I even crushed the agave with my own feet.”

Not really. Clooney is such a jokester (not that we would mind his toes in our cocktail).

The pair traveled to Jalisco to meet with a distiller. Rough gig: They tried roughly 800 samples to get the recipe right.

“The distiller told us, ‘You guys are a pain in the a-s,’ but you know what you really like,” said Gerber, who is married to Cindy Crawford with two kids. “We perfected it. We were so specific.”

The boys like either their blanco (aka silver) and reposado (aged longer or “rested”) served up the same — on the rocks.

“This stuff is so good you don’t need to mix it with anything,” Clooney said of the 80-proof batch. “No lime, no salt chaser.”

Though the men claimed that Casamigos won’t give you a hangover, Clooney does have the perfect cure.

“Eat the greasiest, nastiest food. If you’re going to be miserable, might as well. That’s the day to do it if you’re going to get the fries at McDonald’s.”

The two friends apparently have a higher tolerance than most.

“I can’t tell you how many times we sat and drank an entire bottle. We’ll open it and the next thing you know it’s gone,” explained Gerber, who also launched Caliche Rum last year. “We’ll say, ‘You know, we could drink another one, but maybe we shouldn’t.’ ”

Speaking of the bottles, each comes with the two guys’ signatures. Not a bad keepsake. Expect to see Casamigos on shelves in local, high-end liquor stores in a few weeks (it’s currently sold out) and behind the bars at the Fontainebleau and Whiskey Blue at the W Fort Lauderdale. A promotional video costarring Clooney, his girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, Crawford and Gerber is going to be rolled out this week. Clooney promises it’ll be “a little dirty.”

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:25

phys major wrote:She has now been immortalized as his common law wife...nice going George!!!

immortalized?
internet already did it
anyway
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:34

some help for a responsible use: a new app Drinking Mirror

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:43

That is great....I'm putting that app on my phone!!!!! I can look at it everytime I start to drink to much!!!

The reality is you drink to much you look like shit!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:47

Is the photo from drinksmarter.org IM ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 12:00

boh

let me see
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 12:05

Thumbs up! right Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 11 Jan 2013, 12:58

phys major wrote:She is now his common law wife...can't wait for that palimony law suit when they finally end this thing...

Don´t worry it´ll come Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 11 Jan 2013, 15:06

Maybe they could make a skit out of it???
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Fri 11 Jan 2013, 16:22

Phys why are you saying she's his common law wife? Or did I miss some comments and this is a joke? This thread has gotten kind of hard to follow.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:04

FINALLY Stacy and Cindy are on board too:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:05

I literally just checked her twitter page and it wasn't there. Didn't someone just post that she hasn't tweeted about it. Bet she is at the event tonight.

Oh and the Casamigos twitter page has lots of new tweets today.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:07

Yep, think so too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:08

noodle wrote:Phys why are you saying she's his common law wife? Or did I miss some comments and this is a joke? This thread has gotten kind of hard to follow.

I think that was meant as a joke. I don't think common law wives are recognized in California. If they were George would have had several. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:16

And just 'cos I can, here's Casamigos tweeting us:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:20

So they have been reading us. Great job Katie!

(oh and not to make this about SK-----she tweeted 20 minutes after pandabear questioned her silence) Wink

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:23

I feel like opening an account now Very Happy
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:25

silly girl wrote: So they have been reading us.
Only because I tweeted at them.

silly girl wrote:(oh and not to make this about SK-----she tweeted 20 minutes after pandabear questioned her silence) Wink
Co-inky-dink (to quote Ted Casablancas). We've been wondering for two days why she and Cindy seemed to be uninvolved.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:34

Hopefully they saw something on my showcase

if anyone is reading this i have a showcase i am trying to get off the ground but it needs a lot of help i would appreciate a great deal if i could get Enough project to back me or george himself ( not like that will happen ) but if it's at all possible i would love to talk to john prendergast or someone in the Sudan movement i would love for some support or backing from someone

there was a lot more on the site before but because i was planning on canceling it i took some stuff down

Kristyn Shelley Olson

sorry katie for my self promo ahem
now back to the regularly schedule program... as you were

Last edited by very vera on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 22:41; edited 1 time in total

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 22:37

Team Funny?

who
Eins&G?
Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:34

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:42

Thanks for the photo laetval. Although I don't think this is a good look for him. He looks tired from maybe too many sips of tequila.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:38

That's taken in George's den......may have been taken before the
Tequila Campaign got under way ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 13 Jan 2013, 05:31

My daughter told me that her friend who works at a hotel called The Mansion in Dallas met GTC the other night while he was in town. She said he is the nicest celeb that she has ever met, and she meets a lot cause that's where they all like to stay.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 13 Jan 2013, 10:16

The Mansion is part of the Rosewood Group, isn't it? So more or less the best hotels in the world are listed as theirs - Villa d'Este, the Ritz, Cipriani, Venice, the Dorchester............

No surprise that GTC is courteous and charming, is it? Do you remember Amara Miller saying that the best piece of advice he gave her was to be nice to people whoever they are?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:20

Yes Party: Leading hotels of the world they belong to the list for sure. I have stayed in 3 of your mentioned ones.

There are better ones for the value. But if you just want to go and stay there to say you have stayed there, then it´s worthwhile.

Good advice, but hard to live by.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 13 Jan 2013, 12:45

When you hear George talking about his background it seems he had a good grounding from his parents on how to treat people positively.

I like to watch him with the fans at Premieres and Awards as he is always happy to give them some attention....unlike many others.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 13 Jan 2013, 13:50

Katiedot wrote:And just 'cos I can, here's Casamigos tweeting us:

Can't stop laughing with this one ! Anyway they've got someone to answer quite a few tweets. geek

And now he's telling men what kind of books they ought to read : LINK
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 13 Jan 2013, 15:26

And the full info:

Cocktail Card: Mi Casa

We’ve all had a bad margarita: sugary sweet, subpar tequila—a guaranteed hangover.

Not good.

We took this classic drink and put our spin on it, using only the freshest ingredients and a tequila that can stand strong on its own. Serve it up this weekend. Salud.

11⁄2 oz. Casamigos Blanco Tequila
1 oz. Fresh-squeezed lime juice
1⁄4 oz. Orange juice from a fresh orange wedge cut 1” thick, squeezed and dropped in the shaker
1⁄2 oz. Clear agave nectar

Shake ingredients with ice, then strain into a cocktail martini glass or serve on the rocks (salt optional). Garnish with an orange wheel floating atop.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:38

That sounds like the perfect drink for my cold!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 13 Jan 2013, 18:41

Nah! Mel...perfect drink for your old is a couple of shots of fireball. I have that cold/flu and that stuff warms my throat right up. It does great things for my sinuses and my general attitude as well Smile
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Sun 13 Jan 2013, 20:42

Whole packaging reminds me of turn of 20th century distilled eau de cologne sold by apothecaries.

Simplicity.

Might taste great though.
If good quality, it will surpass others.
Clooney could have marketed refined quality, not shock-value sleaze to promote it.

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 Jan 2013, 21:01

good point
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 13 Jan 2013, 22:53

Recipe for fireball please. You never know when you will get a cold.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 06:34

I'm a HUGE tequila lover! I am looking forward to trying this when it hits the markets!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 14 Jan 2013, 07:00

Fireball is actually a flavored whiskey Blubelle. It has a spicy, cinnamon flavor.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 14 Jan 2013, 07:54

laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Damn he looks old and rough there. Go get the early bird special at your local club and then get home to get a good night's sleep G. We will make sure Einstein doesn't eat your slippers.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 14 Jan 2013, 08:19

Good idea watching but he can´t.

He just put his dentures in the class.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 14 Jan 2013, 15:45

Thank you OofOof. I'll have to check it out.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Jan 2013, 16:40

OofOof wrote:Fireball is actually a flavored whiskey Blubelle. It has a spicy, cinnamon flavor.
I got pregnant drinking whiskey once and I AM NOT taking that chance again!!! hahahahaha! Although OofOof, it certainly does sound good and I've got to take something to get rid of this damn cold, sore throat and runny nose!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 14 Jan 2013, 16:45

This is so off topic but I have been fighting a cold too.

I have been drinking a Hot Toddy that seems to help

Tea
Honey
Lemon
Rum
cinnamon

It was very good. I even had it without the Rum in the middle of the day. Soothed my throat.

Feel better!

Truthfully (on topic) I am not a big tequila fan. Not sure their idea of moderately priced is in my price range.

I also don't understand why they are giving drink recipes when I thought the idea that this tequila is so good it shouldn't be mixed. JMO

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 Jan 2013, 23:53

Best in Category wrote:Good idea watching but he can´t.

He just put his dentures in the class.

so it seems....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 Jan 2013, 07:46

Looks like business is going well. Thanks to Henway for the link:

Serrallés Partners With George Clooney, Rande Gerber On Casamigos Tequila
January 14, 2013
Serrallés USA is launching a new ultra-premium Tequila brand, Casamigos, this month. Casamigos was created by actor George Clooney and nightlife entrepreneur Rande Gerber, alongside partner Mike Meldman. Serrallés is handling sales and distribution. The new entry is rolling out to 33 states this month, via alliances with Southern Wine & Spirits, Glazer’s and Republic National Distributing Co., Serralles tells Shanken News Daily.

Casamigos is billed as a small-batch, 40%-abv Tequila made with 100% Blue Weber agave. Clooney and Gerber both number and sign each batch. The brand currently features Blanco ($42.99 a 750-ml.) and Reposado ($49.99) expressions. Casamigos will initially be available at select on-premise accounts, including the resorts and private clubs of Discovery Land Co., of which Meldman is founder and CEO.

The Casamigos launch follows Serralles USA’s recent rollout of aged white rum label Caliche (priced between $21.99-$24.99), a joint project between Gerber and Distilería Serrallés distiller Roberto Serrallés, last March.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 23:48

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next