George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

+65
annemarie
What Would He Say
Surfing
LizzyNY
Sevens
socimar
PigPen
Donnamarie
Hebe
Silje
Alisonfan
Rose
Pita428
happycat
Einstein
Way2Old4Dis
hathaross
ally12
Nicky80
ktsue2002
mel01
Mazy
Duffy
playfuldeb
Lighterside
aflower1325
Dior
cupcake
NotAvailable
Henway
fluffy
janieb
Cynisca
very vera
noodle
laetval
msadrienne
watching
amaretti
Atalante
phys major
LornaDoone
silly girl
party animal - not!
Best in Category
lelacorb
OofOof
fava
blubelle
cindigirl
MM
Joanna
theminis
macs
davidarochelle
Dexterdidit
Maggy
lucy
bamboochacha
Lakin460
Vi
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
69 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD Empty Is George Clooney launching a new brand of tequila?

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Mar 2012, 22:26

Filing this under "journalist fantasy" but anyway. Thanks Henway for the find:

From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney is teaming up with Cindy Crawford's restaurateur husband Rande Gerber to serve up a new tequila line.

Clooney and the nightlife impresario have joined forces to make their favorite off-the-market tipple more accessible to fans.

The pair has opted to name the product Casamigos, and Gerber insists he and his new business partner plan on making the liquor available to all.

He tells 213Nightlife.com, "I don’t think we’re going to be following all the rules. We know we have a product we love and we drink, and other people will enjoy. The product speaks for itself."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by melbert Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:53

"one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!!!"
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD Empty Re: George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:25

me SURELY!!! gotpics
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:28

yep

my last tequila I've drunk (?) 1993

and totally I've tried round about 5 or 6 tequila
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:35

me... never! Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:39

good girl !

but remember:

"Die Zahl der Laster bleibt immer konstant"

("The number of vices is constantly - always")
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:41

wait wait wait
what do you mean exactly?

thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:45

it's a quote by my first 'father in law' - father of my puppy love Michael

for example:
you can quit smoking or drinking

but the number of vices is constantly - you will 'find' another vice instead - I think it's very calming Smile

<3
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:50

calming?
no!
it's pessimistic!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:54

no no no !

because we all know that a life without ANY vices isn't possible
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 14:04

I didn't say
any Wink

Razz mouth is always hungry....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:30

ja
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:34

Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:15

I really like tequila. But wondering how G & R can improve upon Petron.....
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sat 24 Mar 2012, 00:52

Wonder if initial investment will be 50/50? Wonder if share of profits will be 50/50.

Does that gerber look slimey to anyone else, or is it just me? I'm waiting for that guy to set Gee up with some Puerto Rican girls that are just dying to meet him!!!! (know what I mean???!!!) LOL flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 24 Mar 2012, 03:39

bomboochacha,lol think he already has many times. As for tequila, it fits with RG he owns bars and during the SL year he came out with his own lime mix for making margarita's.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 24 Mar 2012, 03:42

Melbert you crack me up!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 24 Mar 2012, 04:21

I wonder if their Tequila
bottle will have a worm
in it and what kind.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:33

How do they get the worm in the bottle? I wonder if it's someone's job...
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Mar 2012, 15:11

I think that George has had his fair share of "set-ups" from RandE!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 26 Mar 2012, 16:31

George Clooney to Give Tequila a Shot

George Clooney already has an Academy Award on his shelf and a slew of Oscar nominations under his belt. So why shouldn’t he succeed in the tequila biz, too?

As the New York Daily News reports, the Descendents actor (not to mention Facts of Life alum) will soon be launching Casamigos, a brand of Mexican tequila he’s starting with his buddy Rande Gerber (that’s Mr. Cindy Crawford to us).

The duo will join the likes of Dan Akryod (vodka), Vince Neil (tequila), Drew Barrymore (wine), Willie Nelson (bourbon), Justin Timberlake (tequila), Donald Trump (vodka) and Ludacris (cognac) in taking a — ahem — shot at the spirits game.

Gerber tells 213nightlife.com, the Los Angeles bar and restaurant website, that the chums plan to sell the tequila, named for their homes in Mexico, at a “reasonable price point.”

“I don’t think we’re going to be following all the rules,” Gerber tells the site. “We know we have a product we love and we drink, and other people will enjoy. The product speaks for itself.”

But, really, it doesn’t hurt to have George Clooney speaking for it either, now, does it?

You bring the salt, we’ll bring the limes. Clooney is pouring.

Lesley Kennedy is an award-winning writer and editor who contributes regularly

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 26 Mar 2012, 16:51

Don't care about tequilla myself... IMO that'll be just so cool and classy if he'd get into wine !
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 26 Mar 2012, 16:57

Yes George, thank you! I'd like another shot please! coffee is not enough
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 02 Apr 2012, 04:46

I'll bring the lime. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 02 Apr 2012, 09:32

I will bring the salt and rub it on my neck..... well you can guess the rest!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 02 Apr 2012, 13:11

Tequila Easter Cookies

1 cup of water
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle tequila

Sample the tequila in a large glass to check quality.

Take a large bowl, and check the tequila again, to be sure
it is of the highest quality. Pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in
a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it’s best to make sure the tequila is still OK,
so, try another cup.

Turn off the mixerer thingy.

Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup
of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit and the damn cup off the floor.

Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers,
just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the tequila to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something.

Check the tequila.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don’t forget to beat off the turner.

Put the bowl through the window, finish off the booze
and make sure to put the dirty stove in the dishwasher.

EASTY HAPPER TO ALL!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 02 Apr 2012, 13:17

Add one table

LOL

THANKS FOR THE Laughing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 02 Apr 2012, 15:10

I only have virgin drinks (no alcohol in them). They taste better.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 02 Apr 2012, 15:17

Sounds like a great recipe to me Joanna. So who cares if you can't talk right and the cookies come out crappy. You still have your tequila! cheers
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 02 Apr 2012, 16:19

Eye tied it Drink 2 tanks - gooooood cooookies
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Apr 2012, 01:33

did you make enough for all of us Blubelle????? I'll bring the new bottle of tequila!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:08

An update here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Celebrities Latest to Get Swept Up in Tequila Making Craze

Celebrities and their enthusiasms—it seems there are no bounds. In addition to being great looking, rich and getting to travel around the world at will, they also love to launch brands—and spirits are the hottest moneymakers.

But one current celeb craze comes in the form of a beverage near and dear to the hearts of many Mexicans—tequila.

While many in Hollywood went old school backing wine labels, a few celebs have taken the less traveled and trendier path with tequila.

Rock 'n' roll legend Sammy Hagar launched his Cabo Wabo tequila in 1996, hitching his wagon to a tequila-making family with over 80 years of experience.

Motely Crue front man Vince Neil (of Mexican decent), launched his Tres Rios Silver tequila in 2007 with a marketing blitz--selling his new tequila, publishing a book about his life titled, " Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back with One of Rock's Most Notorious Frontmen" (written by himself and co-authored by Mike Sager), as well as releasing his third solo album, titled "Tattoos & Tequila"

In 2010, Justin Timberlake launched 901 Tequila – named after the area code of his hometown, Memphis. He chose the Tequilera Newton distillery in Jalisco, Mexico to help transform a 60 year-old recipe into 901.

And the latest “jimador” is George Clooney. Working with restaurant mogul Rande Gerber, husband of Cindy Crawford, Clooney and Gerber are rumored to launch their Casamigos tequila sometime next year. The label is named after houses the two own in Mexico.

Put a celeb's face on anything and you might be able to sell a bit more. But talk to the tequila experts and real connoisseurs, and they’ll tell you, that unless tequila making is your life’s passion, then anyone can slap a label on a bottle.

David Nava, the LatAm branch manager for Anchor Distilling, and Chinaco Tequila, one of the oldest and well respected in the spirits world, says it wasn’t until 1983 that people in the US even began to drink real tequila.

People are realizing how agave, like grapes, change with age--it’s very artistic. Also, it’s earth driven because it takes years for an agave plant to develop and the complexity is very interesting to people.
- David Nava, the LatAm branch manager for Anchor Distilling, and Chinaco Tequila
“Before that it was simply a Mixto—a mix of half agave and the rest, sugar and additives. Which is why most people who tasted tequila in the US before the more luxury brands were imported here, thought the liquor was so terrible,” Nava says.

Mexican law states that tequila isn’t tequila unless it comes from one of these five states in Mexico—Jalisco, Nayarit, Michoacán, Guanajuato, and Tamaulipas, AND must be 100% pure blue Agave. Much like Champagne isn’t champagne unless it comes from that region in France. Mexico even holds the exclusive international right to the word "tequila;" threatening legal action against manufacturers of distilled blue agave spirits in other countries.

The art of making tequila goes back to the Aztecs. The legend says a bolt of lightning tore into the heart of an agave plant, lighting its piña on fire, causing the nectar inside to spill out. The natives regarded this as a gift from the gods. Over time, the drink (a fermented agave which they called octli and later pulque), became essential in ceremonies and celebrations—producing "a state of euphoria in priests, warriors and the wise."

Making tequila is hard work. And there are only a couple of ways of doing it, the traditional method or “artisanal process.” Artisanal custom is to crush the cooked agave using a stone wheel called a “tahona," which is pulled by a mule or ox. The more modern method uses machines—obviously faster and more efficient.

“Tequila is an attractive and romantic venture. People are realizing how agave, like grapes, change with age--it’s very artistic. Also, it’s earth driven because it takes years for an agave plant to develop and the complexity is very interesting to people. Vodka has no character,” Nava says.

Although no one can say exactly how much involvement a celebrity has in making their own tequila brand, Nava suspects that most celebs probably go to contract house distilleries, where maybe 150 brands of tequilas are produced, and design a pretty label, put it on a really pretty bottle and call it a day.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 17 Nov 2012, 15:23

This kind of shilling is a big turn off for me. It's only a slight step up from a celebrity banded fragrance (also not a fan of that). Is he doing it to help Rande out? Will he do advertising for it?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 17 Nov 2012, 16:31

This has Rande all over it. I have to say, frankly, I find this guy a huge turn off. He just sounds like a major player who has used George's fame and money to increase his own. Both he and Cindy seem like desperate famewhores of the highest level.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Nov 2012, 17:10

oh nooooo
hope not!
it would be so sad for him.... Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Casamigos - George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD Empty George Clooney and Rande Gerber's Casamigos tequila GENERAL THREAD

Post by lelacorb Sun 06 Jan 2013, 07:58

Clooney’s tequila team
Last Updated: 12:04 AM, January 6, 2013
Posted: 12:01 AM, January 6, 2013
Longtime friends George Clooney and Rande Gerber are going on a road trip to launch their own spirit brand, Casamigos Tequila. We’ve exclusively learned the pair have teamed up with Discovery Land Company’s Mike Meldman to meet with high-end spirit executives nationwide. Sources tell us the three will be making stops in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Dallas and Miami in advance of a national rollout later this month. A source said: “George and Rande came up with the idea of creating their own house tequila years ago when they both built houses in Mexico. They have been working with a master distiller ever since to create the ultimate blend. The tequila was supposed to just be for them and their friends, but after the success of Rande’s Caliche Rum, they decided to go for it.” The trip, which starts tomorrow, comes at a busy time for Clooney, who has to attend the People’s Choice Awards before he heads to Germany to begin working on his next movie, “The Monuments Men,” alongside Cate Blanchett and Bill Murray.http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/clooney_tequila_team_uSFfFp4a3Gn6tea9K2uc5O[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 21:16; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 06 Jan 2013, 09:24

A tequila-fuelled road trip? Yay! Count me in!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 06 Jan 2013, 09:33

He could send his promo girl for this promo tour, couldn´t he?

Not sure what to think about this tequila thing. hmmm.

How about if he owned a wineyard, winery, own place for producing wine? A lot of work sure, but when it would be time to pick those grapes he would just say it´s open house and any volunteer is welcome to help! His wineyard would be packed with people busy collecting the grapes and helping to taste the products... Very Happy Location Italy of course.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:32

sounds nice Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:35

Mm. The New York Post are getting a lot of stories........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:36

It is the NY Post so not sure how accurate it is. I can't imagine him going to the People's Choice Award which I think is this week ---- I am thinking they meant the Golden Globes.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 07 Jan 2013, 01:44

I don't know about all of you but this "road trip" to promote the tequilla sounds suspiciously like the road trips George takes with his buddies.

Could they possibly be renting an RV then going from LA to Las Vegas, Dallas and Miami? Hmmm, I'll bet the golf clubs are going along. Cause really, how long could these tequila meetings actually take each day?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 07 Jan 2013, 01:49

depends how many "samples" they drink!!! could go on for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 07 Jan 2013, 01:50

That would be a blast if that is what there doing....
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 07 Jan 2013, 05:08

These two haven't earned enough money to last a few lifetimes? Yes I've heard the more you make, the more life cost. Both of these Boys need a tequila tour, like I need another dog.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 07 Jan 2013, 05:13

God Lucy...it's like you read my mind! I think, based on the wealthy friends I have, that the more you make,, the more they seem to want to make!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 07 Jan 2013, 05:31

Well OofOof, George is spending all his money on GF's, so he needs a new source.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 07 Jan 2013, 06:10

Very Happy Lucy you made me smile!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 07 Jan 2013, 13:13

Maybe he needs more money for the satellite project ?
He has said that in the past.

BTW.....there's some promising news on the Sudan thread
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 07 Jan 2013, 14:08

I read somewhere that it's costing a million a month to maintain, and that he'll do what ever it takes to keep it going. Ads, forums, etc etc etc

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next