George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon among actors donating a million to help striking actors

3 posters

Go down

George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors Empty George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon among actors donating a million to help striking actors

Post by party animal - not! Wed 02 Aug 2023, 23:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors Empty Re: George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon among actors donating a million to help striking actors

Post by LizzyNY Thu 03 Aug 2023, 00:37

Just saw this online. I knew he'd be involved somehow, even if he isn't walking the picket line. I hope they raise enough to make a difference because it looks like the strike won't be ending too soon.

I wonder if it occurred to the studio heads to make fewer "blockbuster" superhero franchise films that cost gazillions to make & invest in smaller lower budget films like they used to make. Every movie doesn't have to be a special effects/AI spectacle with a cast of thousands.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon  among actors donating a million to help striking actors Empty Re: George, Meryl Streep and Matt Damon among actors donating a million to help striking actors

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Aug 2023, 01:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 03 Aug 2023, 16:56

PAN - That's the article I saw yesterday. I hope it encourages others who can afford it to donate. It doesn't look like the strike will end any time soon.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 05 Aug 2023, 11:21

[size=52]George Clooney, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio Donate to SAG-AFTRA Foundation to Help Performers Amid Strike[/size]

Hollywood’s top-earning A-listers, including Meryl Streep and Oprah Winfrey, have donated $1 million or more to an emergency relief program

[size=10][size=13]BY ETAN VLESSING
Plus Icon

[/size][/size]

AUGUST 2, 2023 9:54AM

[size=22]The SAG-AFTRA Foundation has raised over $15 million from Hollywood’s top-paid actors for an emergency financial assistance program for journeymen performers facing economic hardship during the ongoing actors strike.

Those giving $1 million or more to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation include George Clooney, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hugh Jackman, Dwayne Johnson and Nicole Kidman.
“Thanks to the support of some of Hollywood’s top-earning stars, the foundation is preparing to bring aid and hope to thousands of journeymen actors facing tremendous economic hardship,” SAG-AFTRA Foundation president Courtney B. Vance said of the non-profit’s fundraising goals to date in a statement.
[/size]

Related Stories

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GENERAL NEWS

Z

BUSINESS

Writers Guild Tells Members That Studios May Not Be Serious About Restarting Talks to Make a Deal

Also pitching in with hefty donations are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, Julia Roberts, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Meryl Streep and Oprah Winfrey.
An independent charity since 1985, the foundation offers relief aid to eligible SAG-AFTRA performers facing unexpected financial crises.
Vance added the SAG-AFTRA Foundation is currently fielding over 30 times more applications for emergency aid, or around 400 applications in the last week, as actors try to weather the strike that has brought production in Hollywood largely to a halt.
Dwayne Johnson was first to make a big donation to the nonprofit and was quickly followed by George Clooney and Meryl Streep.
In a statement, Streep recalled her early financial struggles as she tried to make it as an actor.
“I remember my days as a waiter, cleaner, typist, even my time on the unemployment line,” she said. “In this strike action, I am lucky to be able to support those who will struggle in a long action to sustain against Goliath. We will stand strong together against these powerful corporations who are bent on taking the humanity, the human dignity, even the human out of our profession. I am proudest of my fellow actors who have immediately offered to fund the Emergency Financial Assistance Program.”
SAG-AFTRA members joined the Writers Guild of America union on strike in July after they failed to reach an agreement with studios and streamers on a new contract.
“We’ve stood on the shoulders of the likes of Bette Davis and Jimmy Cagney and it’s time for our generation to give something back,” Clooney added in his own statement. “I can’t thank Courtney enough for his determination in putting this effort together by shedding light on the human toll happening right now, and how we can work together to alleviate some of the pain and suffering.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 Aug 2023, 13:14

Very Happy Just noticed that they listed the donors in alphabetical order. Even in an article like this they have to be careful about who gets top billing!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down