George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy

4 posters

Go down

Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy Empty Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy

Post by Admin Tue 01 May 2018, 05:07

Not sure exactly what this means.  I mean, I understand what this literally means, but not sure of the implications as it seems to put George in opposition of the victims who want the company to be bankrupted, don't they?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=39]Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy[/size]
by Dawn C. Chmielewski

April 30, 2018 2:56pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A Who’s Who list of Hollywood celebrities have filed objections to the Weinstein Co. sale, saying they’re owed money by the bankrupt studio — though the murky accounting makes it difficult to know exactly how much without conducting an audit.

Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bill Murray and Quentin Tarantino were among those filing documents raising concerns about outstanding payments ahead of the court-supervised auction of the studio.
Tarantino has had a long collaboration with The Weinstein Co. and its disgraced co-founder, Harvey Weinstein. He made four films for the studio — Grindhouse/Death Proof, Inglourious Basterds, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight. 

The writer-director estimates he’s still owed nearly $4.6 million for these films: $300,000 for Grindhouse, $575,000 for Inglourious Basterds, some $1.3 million for Django and $2.5 million for The Hateful Eight. 

Tarantino is asking the court to forestall the sale until The Weinstein Co. lives up to its contractual obligations and provides assurances of future payments.

The Weinstein Co. says it owes Lawrence $102,623 for her work on Silver Linings Playbook, though the actress says she can’t be sure if the amount is accurate because the studio only provided financial details through the end of December.

Streep found her name among the more than 2,000 pages of lists containing some 10,250 contracts — sometimes, misspelled as “Street.” She said she has been unable to get an accurate accounting of outstanding payments in connection with her work on the motion pictures August: Osage County and The Giver — though the Weinstein Co. claims it owes $168,611.

“Unless and until Ms. Streep is given such an opportunity and/or conducts a proper audit, the Debtors should not be permitted to unilaterally select cure amounts while withholding the information necessary for Ms. Streep to verify or contest those amounts,” Streep wrote in her filing.

The Weinstein Co. said it may owe Clooney $250,000 for August: Osage County, though the producer on the film said this amount does not take into account back-end participation.

Both Lawrence and Streep criticized co-founder Harvey Weinstein for taking their statements out of context as he sought to defend himself against sexual misconduct lawsuits.

Streep described as “pathetic” Weinstein’s use of her statement that he was not sexually transgressive or abusive as evidence that he had not abused other women. Lawrence echoed that sentiment, adding that she supports the women who have come forward seeking justice.

A group of film production companies — Studiocanal (Paddington I), Gaumont (Ballerina aka Leap!), Wild Bunch (The Artist), Delta Last Legion (Hannibal Rising),and Orange Studio (The Artist, Paradise Lost) — raised concerns about The Weinstein Co.’s lax bookkeeping. The studios claims that on some films, there has been no accounting for a year. On others, the records are up to seven years delinquent.

The Wild Bunch said an audit conducted for the reporting period ending in December of 2014 revealed a $293,00 payment shortfall for the Academy Award winning film, The Artist. Studiocanal believes it’s owed a share of profits on Paddington I, ditto for Gaumont on The Intouchables and Ballerina. They’re looking for the court’s assurance that a proper audit will occur and they’ll get paid.

Deadline previously reported that the list of the thousands of people owed money by the studio reads like a red carpet gala in Hollywood, including Tarantino, Kevin Smith, Dame Judi Dench, David Bowie, Michael Bay, Malia Obama, Boris Becker, Ryan Coogler, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert De Niro and Darlene Love.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy Empty Re: Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy

Post by Doug Ross Tue 01 May 2018, 12:01

From what I get, Harwey wants do declare bankruptcy so not to give money to these people (I mean, this is one of the reason) and that's why they are against it. The want their money first and then he can declare it.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy Empty Re: Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio File Objections In Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 01 May 2018, 12:56

The Weinstein Company is saying it has no money to pay its debts, and wants to either not pay or settle for pennies on the dollar. But they have no or inadequate financial records to support this. The objections are to force payment and documentation before they're allowed to declare bankruptcy.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that TWC has been playing fast and loose with its money and records for years. Show me a liar, I'll show you a thief.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 01 May 2018, 13:53

Thank you, I don't understand anything of this thing.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 02 May 2018, 00:08

Way2Old4Dis wrote:The Weinstein Company is saying it has no money to pay its debts, and wants to either not pay or settle for pennies on the dollar. But they have no or inadequate financial records to support this. The objections are to force payment and documentation before they're allowed to declare bankruptcy.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that TWC has been playing fast and loose with its money and records for years. Show me a liar, I'll show you a thief.
As with our government, these things start at the top of the company....

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down