George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book

+12
Missa
MyGirlKylie
Merlin
EEOsandy
Michelle meyers
adgran
lucy
caudata
it's me
Astras
Joanna
Katiedot
16 posters

Go down

George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book Empty George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book

Post by Katiedot Thu 22 Mar 2012, 19:25

Thanks Laetval for the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By Ann Lieber • Mar 22, 2012 • Los Angeles

"How would you communicate to the world who you are in a single quote? What words would you choose?" were the questions Kate Winslet posed to 100 A-list celebrities for her upcoming book, The Golden Hat: Talking Back to Autism, which is due out on Tuesday, March 27. All proceeds will go to Winslet's non-profit Golden Hat Foundation, which aims to eliminate communication barriers for people with autism.

Whether through crashing parties, sending emails, or leaving pleading phone messages, the Oscar-winning actress convinced dozens of celebrities to take part in the project. She literally passed her hat on them -- a well-worn Trilby fedora -- with self-portrait instructions to "put the hat on your head and think about how much we take communication for granted."

Here, TheaterMania provides you with an exclusive first look at some of the images in Winslet's remarkable book, with shots from stage veterans Kim Cattrall, George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Jude Law, Julianne Moore, Cynthia Nixon, and Meryl Streep.

For more information about the Golden Hat Foundation, visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book Empty Re: George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book

Post by Katiedot Thu 22 Mar 2012, 19:28

Not sure what he's trying to communicate here: "Hey, I have a toaster in my kitchen" maybe? Or, "I can't close kitchen cupboard doors" perhaps?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book Empty Re: George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book

Post by Joanna Thu 22 Mar 2012, 20:43

It's good to see a bit of "clutter" lives in his kitchen
when the cameras aren't there !
Just like the rest of us..... Thumbs up! Georgie Boy
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Thu 22 Mar 2012, 21:17

Katiedot wrote:Not sure what he's trying to communicate here: "Hey, I have a toaster in my kitchen" maybe? Or, "I can't close kitchen cupboard doors" perhaps?

lol! I wonder what's in the blue/yellow tube on the counter top? I absolutely love this photo. I have a thing for fedoras. I love you
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Mar 2012, 23:07

amazing pic
thanks Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by caudata Thu 22 Mar 2012, 23:47

I guess he likes owls. It's always nice to see other people with knick knacky crap. I'm swimming in it Very Happy
caudata
caudata
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 23 Mar 2012, 00:20

CRS-read somewhere that he would sit in his hot tub in the wee hours and listen to the owls. Just one of the many things that was written, but may have no truth to it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 23 Mar 2012, 06:00

sit in his hot tub in the wee hours and listen to the owls

hum?
real? scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:59

Are we sure that's George's kitchen? Could it be a view out of Nick and Nina's in KY? Or even Keibler's folks in Baltimore after the Raven's game?

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 23 Mar 2012, 12:15

Fair point, adgran, no we can't be sure where this was taken. Could've been anywhere. Even a hotel suite.

The window frames and foliage outside seem to match what we've seen of his house, but really that's not a definitive proof.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 23 Mar 2012, 15:22

Think it may be a view from his kitchen. Yes it's me who knows if it's true,but his house in LA is surrounded by wilderness. He even gets rattle snakes on his property.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Fri 23 Mar 2012, 16:03

This picture is conflicting
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep in Kate Winslet's The Golden Hat Book Empty Kate Winslet's Book featuring George in Trilby

Post by EEOsandy Sun 15 Apr 2012, 01:45

U.S. Showbiz
By Katie Nicholl and Flora Bradley-watson
PUBLISHED: 16:47 EST, 14 April 2012 | UPDATED: 16:47 EST, 14 April 2012

Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet has added another string to her bow by becoming an author – with a little help from her famous friends.

The Titanic star’s debut book, The Golden Hat, features self-taken photographs of celebrities – including George Clooney, Leonardo Di Caprio and Penelope Cruz – wearing her favourite trilby hat to raise awareness of autism.

The book was inspired by Winslet’s experience working on the 2009 documentary, A Mother’s Courage, about a young boy, Keli Dagmar, who has a severe form of non-verbal autism.

George Clooney in the trilby. If he couldn't speak but the hat enabled him to, he would say: 'I'm sorry about Batman And Robin'
The name of the book, which was published last week, was taken from a poem by Keli.

‘In the poem, a magical golden hat enables him to speak when he wears it,’ Winslet, 36, explained.

Alongside the self-portraits are the stars’ responses to the question: ‘If you couldn’t speak but this hat enabled you to do so, what would you like to say?’

Actress Angelina Jolie, whose famous pout is the only part of her face visible beneath the trilby, says her first words would be: ‘Eat vegetables’.

Meanwhile, Clooney captions his picture ‘I’m sorry about Batman And Robin’ – a reference to his 1997 film that was voted the worst-ever by Empire magazine.

Actors Jude Law and Ben Stiller, actress Emily Blunt, Sir Richard Branson and U.S. Vogue editor Anna Wintour are among the other celebrities featured.
The Golden Hat is Kate Winslet's debut book. It was inspired by her experience working on the 2009 documentary, A Mother's Courage
Actress Marion Cotillard, who is pictured make-up free in a simple black T-shirt, says her words would be: ‘Silence is an energy; silence tells something; silence is a part of the world.’

Keli’s mother Margret – who was advised to put her son in an institution but instead embarked on a mission to help him integrate with society – wrote to Winslet asking for help making a documentary about the family’s plight.

Kate agreed to narrate the film for free and the two women became firm friends, together founding the autism charity Golden Hat Foundation.

Winslet, who says she came up with the idea for The Golden Hat while she was brushing her teeth one night, has described the photographs as ‘an intimate glimpse into the real world of these people lending their voices to those without’.

She added: ‘I am hoping to raise awareness about the challenges facing children with autism.’

All proceeds from sales of the book will go to the Golden Hat Foundation.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 08:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:24

great idea
to let people know more about such disease Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:23

Hope you don't mind but I've just moved this to the thread where we were already talking about it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:48

Sorry Katie I just added the photie to the post...didn't check to see if it was already here...
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:59

No worries. Always better twice than not at all - especially when it's photos of George!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sun 15 Apr 2012, 13:14

Ill throw my vote in for his kitchen. The cabinets, counter tops, and window shades match what we saw in the Person to Person thing.

LOL @ Katie's "Hey, I have a toaster!" comment.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 15 Apr 2012, 14:09

Astras wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Not sure what he's trying to communicate here: "Hey, I have a toaster in my kitchen" maybe? Or, "I can't close kitchen cupboard doors" perhaps?

lol! I wonder what's in the blue/yellow tube on the counter top? I absolutely love this photo. I have a thing for fedoras. I love you

Was this taken sometime around his elbow surgery? It looks like he has a black compression wrap on his right elbow; plus the blue and yellow bottle reminds me of a prescription bottle, and is that white stuff near the ziploc bags bandages? It kind of looks like that small white bandage thingy he wears around that elbow sometimes.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Apr 2012, 18:47

right!

and the owl???

(btw nice idea the film 'strip' links Very Happy )
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 15 Apr 2012, 20:17

There is a myth that owls keep snakes away, even fake owls, but some people has debunked that myth as untrue. If George has so many snakes, there's a reason. Snakes come for food, so what does George have that is bringing in snakes? A bird feeder will have bird seed around it, mice eat the bird seeds, snakes eat the mice. A fish pond brings in toads and frogs, snakes eat these guys.

I remember going to sleep listening to owls and frogs at night. Very relazing

George has a very kissable mouth!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Apr 2012, 20:38

There's a quote around somewhere by George about how likes to sit in the hot tub at night listening to the owls in the trees around his house.
I have that in common with him Yahooooo

.....Listening to owls in the trees around my house, that is lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 15 Apr 2012, 21:50

Oh Joanna, you can tell us about your late night hot-tubbing with George. We won't tell anyone else!!! gotpics
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 15 Apr 2012, 21:56

OK Joanna, don't be coy. Make room in that hot tub for all of us now. I'll bring the Sangria and ice!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 15 Apr 2012, 22:06

definately his kitchen, hardware, soap etc. match the kitchen in person to person house tour.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Apr 2012, 22:35

Thanks for bringing us back on topic, fava!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Apr 2012, 23:29

George has a very kissable mouth!

ALL kissable, Play!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down