George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyYesterday at 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’

Go down

First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’ Empty First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’

Post by Admin Tue 29 Sep 2020, 10:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BY GEORGE 
First look at George Clooney’s Netflix film The Midnight Sky sees Earth ravaged by ‘global catastrophe’

• Shannon Power

• 28 Sep 2020, 12:26
  • Updated: 28 Sep 2020, 12:26

A SNEAK peek at George Clooney's new film on Netflix called The Midnight Sky show a tense apocalyptic thriller.
Clooney, 59, directs and stars in the feature film which follows his character, Augustine, as he races to stop a group of astronauts returning to Earth after a global catastrophe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=21]Netflix has released the first look George Clooney's new film The Midnight Sky

The Oscar winner plays the lonely scientist in the Arctic in the film based on Lily Brooks-Dalton’s acclaimed novel Good Morning, Midnight.
Also starring is Felicity Jones (Rogue One: A Star Wars Stoary) who plays lead astronaut Sully who is heading home to a mysterious global catastrophe. 
[/size]

The drama will follow Sully's NASA crew in 2049 after they discover a habitable moon around Jupiter.
But a communication blackout means they only learn of the major catastrophe as they head back to Earth.

Starring Felicity Jones and David Oyelowo, the film follows a NASA crew who can't return to earth because of a major global catastrophe

Clooney stars in the film and also directed it

Clooney explained the film has taken on a different meaning since the coronavirus pandemic

He said the film was supposed to be science fiction, but 'unfortunately is less fictional as we move through the days'
All the while Clooney's Augustine - who may the last man on the planet - is trying to save them by stopping them from getting back.
But Augustine must also look after a little girl called Iris (Caoilinn Springall) who managed to join the evacuation to the Arctic and relies totally on him to stay alive.
“He wasn’t really into protecting himself at all,” Clooney told Vanity Fair.
"The little girl is a problem for him, because now he actually has to take care of someone."

He first turned his hand to directing in 2002's  Confessions of a Dangerous MindCredit: Getty Images
The adaptation also co-stars David Oyelowo (Selma), Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights), Demián Bichir (Alien: Covenant) and Tiffany Boone (Hunters).
Mark L. Smith adapted the screenplay from the novel and Clooney also serves as producer.
The Midnight Sky drops on the streaming giant in December.
Clooney spoke about making the movie before the coronavirus pandemic and how the film has taken on a different meaning since.

The actor is known for being very political and taking up social justice causesCredit: Getty - Contributor
"There wasn't the pandemic, and we hadn't set the whole West Coast on fire," he said.
"I mean, the picture we show of Earth [in the movie] doesn't look that much different than the satellite pictures of the West Coast right now."
He added: "It's science fiction, which unfortunately is less fictional as we move through the days."
The actor also opened up about ageing, and while he's famous for his salt and pepper good looks, Clooney claims he's not looking so good lately.
 “I don’t look so good,” he said.

He is married to human rights lawyer, Amal ClooneyCredit: Getty - Contributor
“I’m not even 60 yet, but the character is 70. Unfortunately, I’m looking closer to that. I’ve always looked a little older, but now I really look like I am.” 
“I just took a shaver and shaved all my hair off, and I tried to do it kind of badly so that it looked patchy," he said of his rugged looks in the film.

George and Amal married in Venice in 2014Credit: Getty - Contributor
"Since he is clearly dying of something that he has to have a transfusion for, which is usually some form of cancer, it was important to me to add some elements so that I didn’t look like I look normally.” 
“I have had a lot of people, the first couple of shots in the movie, not realize it’s me.
"They’re like, ‘That’s you?’ My wife was very happy when I finished shooting this.”

They are parents to young twins, Ella and Alexander
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down