George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime

4 posters

Go down

George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime Empty George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime

Post by party animal - not! Mon 17 Jun 2019, 22:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime Empty Re: George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime

Post by annemarie Tue 18 Jun 2019, 01:46

[size=40]Kirsten Dunst-George Clooney Dark Comedy ‘Becoming a God in Central Florida’ Lands at Showtime (Video)[/size]

YouTube and AMC were previously involved
[size=12]Tim Baysinger | June 17, 2019 @ 1:30 PMLast Updated: June 17, 2019 @ 2:56 PM[/size]

Showtime has acquired the dark comedy “On Becoming a God in Central Florida” which stars Kirsten Dunst, who will also executive produce with George Clooney.
The project has gone back and forth between cable TV and streaming. It was initially set up at AMC, before moving over to YouTube Premium, which placed a 10-episode order last year.
Dunst stars as Krystal Gill, an Orlando water park employee who schemes her way to the top of a pyramid scheme called Founders American Merchandise, which previously bankrupted her. The series will take place in the early 1990s. Along with Dunst, the series stars Théodore Pellerin, Beth Ditto, Mel Rodriguez and Ted Levine.
Also Read:'Barry' Star Anthony Carrigan, YouTuber Dave Rubin and Lifetime's Brie Miranda Bryant Recall Turning Point Moments (Video)
Here is the logline for the show, courtesy of Showtime:

Set in a small Orlando-adjacent town in 1992, “On Becoming a God in Central Florida” follows Krystal Stubbs (Dunst), a minimum-wage water park employee who lies, schemes and cons her way up the ranks of Founders American Merchandise (FAM) — the cultish, flag-waving, multibillion-dollar pyramid scheme that drove her to ruin in the first place, run by the powerful Obie Garbeau II (Levine). Determined to make a better life for herself, Krystal dives deep into FAM and develops a tangled relationship with FAM’s most loyal and fanatical follower Cody (Pellerin), until her business begins to affect those closest to her, including Ernie (Rodriguez), her affable water park boss, and his FAM-skeptic wife Bets (Ditto). Additional casting includes Usman Ally, Julie Benz, Melissa De SousaJohn Earl Jelks, Sharon Lawrence, Josh Fadem, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Golden Globe and Emmy winner Alexander Skarsgård and Mary Steenburgen..
[size][size]
Clooney is producing along with Grant Heslov under their Smokehouse Pictures banner. Robert Funke and Matt Lutsky are the c0-writers and will executive produce. The show is produced by TriStar Television, with Esta Spalding serving as showrunner and Charlie McDowell directing.[/size][/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime Empty Re: George and Kirsten Dunst produced series bought by Showtime

Post by Doug Ross Tue 18 Jun 2019, 22:43

The teaser got me really excited. Besides, I love Kirsten.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 19 Jun 2019, 18:16

Too much good content to keep up with.  It's now possible to watch 'television' 24 hours a day, and be genuinely impressed and engaged every hour.

This sounds good, but I'm going to create some time to watch 'Dead to Me,' and then wait for the 2020 season of 'Better Things,' before I add anything else to my watchlist.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 19 Jun 2019, 22:16

I really liked Dead to Me.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 19 Jul 2019, 12:38

Praise for it already:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down