George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC

+9
LizzyNY
Missa
ladybugcngc
amaretti
What Would He Say
annemarie
melbert
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
13 posters

Go down

George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC Empty George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC

Post by party animal - not! Fri 07 Oct 2016, 23:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Remember the instagram by a lady mentioning this..........?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC Empty Re: George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Oct 2016, 11:10

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC Empty Re: George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC

Post by Donnamarie Sat 08 Oct 2016, 14:31

Thanks PAN. It looks like a gorgeous place to hang your hat when you have to be in New York. I have a hard time wrapping my arms around having so many homes to call your own. Just keeping up with one would be more than enough for me. But we know lots of well known people have multiple residences around the world. It makes sense for them to own in New York. I was never sure if George had owned space in the city. I thought it was discussed here that he did own an apartment at The Carlyle. Right?

So I guess we only have a few more months of catching George and Amal at The Carlyle courtesy of the paps. The article didn't say when next year the building will be ready for occupancy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Oct 2016, 14:42

George's apartment is at the Carlyle.  This will be Amal's apartment since it is so close to her work?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Oct 2016, 15:30

Ah yes, I can see it now, Mel!

She'll be in the apartment on 53rd, and George will be up the road in the hotel on 76th...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 08 Oct 2016, 16:47

I think he will sell the condo in the hotel that is if he owns it, he may be renting it. The new building has everything they need in it. They wouldn't need two apartments in New York. The new one has room for guests and probably an office as well.
George has said he likes to invest in real estate which all his homes are.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 08 Oct 2016, 19:26

More on the apartment

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 09 Oct 2016, 15:13

My two cents worth....

1st Cent.  
Property is always a good investment...God ain't manufacturing anymore land......

2nd Cent.  
Why broadcast this....in the week that's in it....on foot of the NYC non-stop eye watering...If it wasn't the victim Nadia (who I so hope is well, being cared for and receiving all possible help)....It was the price of the wardrobe...Oh please... 

Winning friends? NO!... and influencing people? YES! and not in a good way....even a fish can remember a week ago.....

This is private and should have been kept so! You can easily buy property not using you name (LLC)....If it were leaked, they should face consequences right at the top.....If I was George I would cancel sale immediately.....IF it was the contractors.....

The timing of this is insensitive...and boastful....I caaaan't stand that combo.....jmo

Oh my.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 09 Oct 2016, 15:31

That is the problem there is no privacy for Celebs like George , people talk which is a shame.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 09 Oct 2016, 17:57

I am not crazy for the apartment or the location .   Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 09 Oct 2016, 18:14

Do you know that area of NYC, Amaretti? I'll be in those parts soon.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 09 Oct 2016, 19:21

No not really .      Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

George and Amal have bought a new place in NYC Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 09 Oct 2016, 20:42

melbert wrote:George's apartment is at the Carlyle.  This will be Amal's apartment since it is so close to her work?

I'm sure Amal will be happy here.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 10 Oct 2016, 14:35

annemarie wrote:That is the problem there is no privacy for Celebs like George , people talk which is a shame.

Or a deal could have been cut...this could be another Clooney Hashtag....10% off THAT price tag is cool....but I would have gone for a tiny percent of sales (0.25)....On top.....what else....

But still timing is tasteless and stupid......imo
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:03

He does buy property through a trust; it's named after his uncle.  If I know that, certainly the celebrity gossip columnists watching real estate transactions know it. It's near impossible to purchase real estate anonymously because someone's name has to be on the deed.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:43

Yes, Missa your right he does buy through a trust in his uncle's name. Let's not forget someone tells someone who tells someone there goes the secret and privacy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 22:24

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:23

PAN - If I'm not mistaken the building's at 53rd and Park, about a block away from where I used to work. Rich man territory, so fairly safe, nice restaurants and shopping - but definitely not inexpensive. It's fairly centrally located and if public transport isn't convenient for where you want to go, you can always grab a cab.

WWHS - I had exactly the same reaction when I saw this.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Tue 11 Oct 2016, 23:43

I strongly suspect that this decision is driven primarily by the presence of the paparazzi. There is no way to control this with the hotel as their base. This type of apartment will have underground secured parking. In and out with no opportunity for paps.

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Oct 2016, 01:09

oldweston - It might be a consideration. I don't know what the parking situation is going to be for the building. It could be very limited.

Truth be told, they avoid the paparazzi fairly well when they want to, even from the Carlisle. I'm guessing this place will have a bit more cachet than a hotel condo. More fitting the image.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 12 Oct 2016, 10:53

One question to understand how they found out about that:
So in the US everybody has the right to know who owns a house? Or there's an official list saying who bought an apartment? 
Because that's different in Germany due to data protection...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 10:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:43

And now Rande and Cindy will live right upstairs as they bought one too!  How special.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Oct 2016, 12:39

Mm.....I seem to remember a quote from somebody after the Cabo sale where they said that they were going into 'something much bigger now', and I wondered if it was something to do with the Meldman Hamptons project.........

Great investment.....time to London and Europe halved too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:02

They may have wanted  a bigger place the condo was George's bachelor place in New York, it may have been too small for all the people they have in their lives.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:28

It's clear to me that the closet in the old place was not big enough.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Oct 2016, 16:03

I had the impression they were building a new place/places in Cabo, just more isolated than the ones they sold.

Meldman's their business partner. I'm sure if they wanted to stay at his Hampton's development he'd accommodate them without them having to buy a place.

Carolhathaway - I don't know what the laws are, but we're constantly reading about celebrities buying property in NYC - where it is - what it cost. Sometimes it comes out after the purchase, sometimes it's said they're "negotiating" for a place. The information could come from anywhere from the realtor to the celebrity, or even a clerk in some office somewhere. It usually shows up in the gossip columns, or if it's a big enough purchase, in the business or real estate pages.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 12 Oct 2016, 16:47

Lizzy,
thanks for your information!
I thought that maybe there have to be announcements in newspapers saying 'Mr. G.T. Clooney and Ms. A. Clooney have bought apartment no. 215 on One Hundred East Fifty Third Street. They paid $ 14.750.000 for it.' Someghing like that. But if just somebody talked about it, that's different...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Oct 2016, 21:40

Carolhathaway - I don't know if there are any privacy laws that say you can't release information. I doubt if there are any, but there definitely are no laws requiring an announcement in the papers. You do, of course have to register the purchase with certain city agencies for tax purposes. Then the information becomes part of the public record, available to anyone who's interested.

The information about George and Rande buying apartments in the same building has so far only turned up in the gossip columns (Page Six in the Post) and has yet to be confirmed. So far it's just a rumor.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 12 Oct 2016, 21:48

Lizzy,
that's the difference. We don't have a public record about house owners, that's part of data protection. I know that we used to have tgese public reports until about ten years ago, now everybody has to prove his legitimate interest.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 13 Oct 2016, 00:45

Carolhathaway, 

Laws in the US may be local as far as property goes, but in the county where I live I can go on-line and find the owner of record of any property.  Sometimes it will be a trust or a company, so it might not reveal the individual who might actually own it.  It also shows every sale of the property and the sales price.  
Realtors use this all the time to value properties for sale and I think it's pretty common (maybe even universal??) in the US. 

How do folks in Germany know how to price their properties?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 13 Oct 2016, 07:02

Fava,
we've got appraisers who value your house or the house you'd like to buy. And there's also a commission, located at our county administration, which gets to know all property sales in our county. And you may ask for their expertise as well.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 13 Oct 2016, 14:00

Call me old fashioned....but where is home?....Sad
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Oct 2016, 15:38

Where ppl you love
Are
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 15:40

Home is where the people you love are it can be anywhere as long as they are with you.  It is the people in the home that make it a home.

I think that George and Amal travel so much, having homes where they spend a lot of time makes life easier and more comfortable.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 13 Oct 2016, 16:06

Home is where the heart is.   I love you
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down