George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS]

+24
traone
jd68
Missa
premiere
The next mrs clooney
PigPen
Sevens
Katiedot
annemarie
Rose
party animal - not!
fava
Joanna
fluffy
Carla97
ispy
bamboochacha
LizzyNY
melbert
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Jenn
Picachu
Nicky80
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 Empty Re: Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS]

Post by LizzyNY Wed 02 Jul 2014, 22:18

I've given up trying to figure out why they "announced" their engagement the way they did. I'm still trying to figure out why he felt this one was the one he had to marry!  confused 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS] - Page 2 Empty Re: Engaged Batman George Clooney and Pregnant Girlfriend Amal Alumuddin Baby After Wedding This Fall [RUMORS]

Post by Missa Thu 03 Jul 2014, 00:44

premiere wrote:It just seems like doing the People cover was such an extreme way to announce a relationship. Very un-George, and one of the reasons why this whole thing seems so . . . strange . . . to so many people. I get not trying to hide something because then it really brings on the curiosity, but the deal is, the paps are there anyway, even with the People spread, which I'm sure George already knew would happen. Not trying to belabor a point, but one of the reasons this whole thing seems so "off" to me.

I think it falls exactly in line with George's history.  The first photo we had of George with Stacy were those CLEARLY staged pictures of them sitting next to each other at an outdoor bar, published - guess where? - in People magazine.  This is the same guy who had television cameras investigating the also OBVIOUSLY staged contents of his refrigerator when he was running for an Oscar.  George likes to control the release of information; he only cries "privacy!" when a journalist dares publish something he didn't pre-approve.  It also keeps a paparazzo from getting a big payday on the "first photo" of Amal with the ring. George gets to cash in instead.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 03 Jul 2014, 02:18

Why do so many people feel that using the media in this situation somehow cheapens George's image? He has spent decades building his career. Manipulating the press to build his image and promote his films is part of his job - and he does it very well. He's been at it long enough to be a master at it. Why shouldn't he use those skills to manage the media in this situation?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 03 Jul 2014, 02:28

I think the it's the dichotomy between his complaining about the press invading his private life and his selling his private life to the press when it suits him that cheapens him.  But I think that's true of all the celebrities who do it, and there are plenty who do (Ben Affleck comes to mind). If he just used the press to his advantage when necessary and hushed up about about it the rest of the time, I'd have a little more respect as far as this is concerned.  I feel like those celebrities who just release a picture on Instagram or Twitter when they get married or have a baby have just as much control over the output, if not more, and a there's a little less...greasiness to it when you know no money exchanged hands, IMO.

ETA:  The exception that proves my rule is Angelina and Brad.  They very occasionally complain about the paparazzi, usually in regards to bounds being overstepped with their children, but Angie especially is masterful at managing her own press.  The only clearly paid-for magazine spreads I can recall were around the births/adoption of their last four children, and I don't begrudge any celebrity selling that first photo if it mean ensuring their child's safety from stalking paps who don't know where to draw the line.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 03 Jul 2014, 02:52

Maybe he thought this kind of release was necessary. One widespread story and then as little press as possible. We know he doesn't do Twitter or Instagram, so this may have been his way of getting the worst of the media frenzy out of the way. If he made money from it, good for him!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 03 Jul 2014, 03:17

But it has seemed like the complete opposite intention, hasn't it? Their trip to the White House together in February was a blip on the press' radar, and faded away after a week or so.  And then he called People to follow him to Tanzania and the Seychelles.  Huh?  It was like, "Look at us! Talk about us again!"  If the intention was to completely avoid press, as someone else stated, he knows how to do that.  They could have gotten engaged and married without anyone being the wiser.  Heck, Janet Jackson was married for nine years and no one knew about it; it's possible to keep something like that under wraps if you really want to.  Again, it's the selling of his personal life when it suits him and complaining it being covered the rest of the time that I find disingenuous.  Nobody gets to have their cake and eat it too, even George Clooney.

The fact that he runs his PR like he's a movie star in 1950 and print media is king is another problem/discussion altogether. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 03 Jul 2014, 06:48

Missa wrote:But it has seemed like the complete opposite intention, hasn't it? Their trip to the White House together in February was a blip on the press' radar, and faded away after a week or so.  And then he called People to follow him to Tanzania and the Seychelles.  Huh?  It was like, "Look at us! Talk about us again!"  If the intention was to completely avoid press, as someone else stated, he knows how to do that.  They could have gotten engaged and married without anyone being the wiser.  Heck, Janet Jackson was married for nine years and no one knew about it; it's possible to keep something like that under wraps if you really want to.  Again, it's the selling of his personal life when it suits him and complaining it being covered the rest of the time that I find disingenuous.  Nobody gets to have their cake and eat it too, even George Clooney.

The fact that he runs his PR like he's a movie star in 1950 and print media is king is another problem/discussion altogether. Smile

Good point.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 08:51

I don't believe People was invited on their Africa trip, the pics were just released to People. I agree that George and celebrities use the media to their advantage when it is convenient to them.  But why should George & Amal have to marry in secret? Why not go the "normal" thing by getting engaged and then planning a wedding. GC is followed by the paps every day so it's not like media attention has increased. Every time we click on a pic that is posted online we feed the need for the paps to take more photos and sell them.

The engagement photos was obviously staged.  But the couple had two choices: take a photo and release it with their control or be hounded by paps trying to get the "first pic" with the pap collecting a huge sum of cash. Many celebs that sell pics to magazines give the money to charity.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by traone Thu 03 Jul 2014, 16:48

I totally agree with Missa and LornaDoone. I always thought that if or when George ever did find "the one", that it would all be hush-hush, no photos, no articles, no interviews, nothing.  That they would just go to Como, have a tiny wedding(even indoors)and stay there for their honeymoon. That way they could have all the privacy that they wanted, at least for 3-4 weeks.  Just a thought.
traone
traone
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 03 Jul 2014, 17:32

traone _ Yes they could have done it the way you said - and then they would have been hounded to death by the paps to get all the photos they could because they didn't get any before the wedding and everyone (including us!) would want to know all about who he married, the courtship, the wedding, etc.. IMO there's nothing wrong with what they actually did.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Thu 03 Jul 2014, 19:19

traone wrote:I totally agree with Missa and LornaDoone. I always thought that if or when George ever did find "the one", that it would all be hush-hush, no photos, no articles, no interviews, nothing.  That they would just go to Como, have a tiny wedding(even indoors)and stay there for their honeymoon. That way they could have all the privacy that they wanted, at least for 3-4 weeks.  Just a thought.

Isn't that what they're trying to do?  They not making announcements nor are his 'reps' (eh-hem Keibler, bun in the oven shot…).  

All of these photos, even on the Safari, are paps and people (like us!) sneaking shots from corners of the door.  These are glimpses, not released photos.  They don't pose - that would be a People cover.  

I think George is far beyond selling stories to People - sorry girls.  And if he did, like Brad and Angie, think he'd also disclose that where he'- donating the sell out money (to his Sudan work, or some charity).

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 19:48

Sorry disagree SW I think those Safari / Seychelles pics were released pics and not just people like you and me who did those pics (I hope I understood you correctly the way you meant it). 

At the Seychelles they stayed at a property with a  private beach no way that a normal person like you and me would pass by and make those pics. And I bet the safari was a private safari. And no way that different people like you and me would makes incidentally pics from George at the Seychelles and Tanzania (two different countries) and incidentally the same magazine gets hold of it.

And they kind of made an announcement when George and Amal released those pics together with the engagement ring. And again it was people magazine.

And to be honest you do not need to pose today. I remember when secret pics from at the time president Clinton and Hillary came out. they were filmed while swimming. It looked like taped secretly but it was so staged no way you come that close to an american president. (Not sure if somebody remembers)

I think he is smarter then you think. If you believe what you wrote then it is working whatever George is doing. 

If George would have nothing to do with those pics from Seychelles then we would have seen different pics. Amal and George in bathing suit, half naked  Razz  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:03

Yeah Right  super cool  Superdupercool    yes indeed!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 03 Jul 2014, 21:32

I have made ​​several private safari in Kenya and Tanzania and I assure you that during the safari just you with your driver and no one else, tell me who are the photos published? Of the American paparazzi? There giuroche chats to the driver and the animals no one else!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 03 Jul 2014, 22:23

The photos were Getty images so not pap shots.  The photographer was probably invited along to take the official shots just like they did with the engagement shots.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 03 Jul 2014, 22:30

The next mrs clooney wrote:The photos were Getty images so not pap shots.  The photographer was probably invited along to take the official shots just like they did with the engagement shots.
Then his private road must remain private to the highest bidder or sell it to anyone who wants him?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Jul 2014, 22:49

Well, to give him his due on this one, he personally doesn't need the money made from any of this. 

So I'm willing to bet any such fee would go straight to the Satellite Sentinel Project.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Jul 2014, 00:08

I still feel there's nothing wrong with trying to keep the press coverage manageable. I'm sure George and his people thought carefully about how to handle the release of information.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Fri 04 Jul 2014, 01:24

LizzyNY wrote:I still feel there's nothing wrong with trying to keep the press coverage manageable. I'm sure George and his people thought carefully about how to handle the release of information.

When I read comments like this, I'm so glad I'm just an ordinary person who doesn't have to handle the release of any information! I know he's filthy rich, and leads an exciting life, but, boy,at what a cost!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Jul 2014, 06:55

is he scared of?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 04 Jul 2014, 08:52

George has often said or inferred that he's very grateful
for the priviledged life he has now.
I'm quite sure he shares that privileged life with all the people he loves and cares about too. We sometimes are allowed to have glimpses of that life and as genuine fans should feel grateful.
I'm in a mellow mood this morning.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:57

it's me wrote:is he scared of?

There's nothing for him to be scared of...he's marrying the woman he met and fell in love with.  What's to fear?  If it doesn't work out, they'll deal with it later.  He's a big boy, I think he can handle it! LOL
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Jul 2014, 13:12

I was referring to privacy "invasion"

maybe he is angry with those paps who insult searching for a reaction?

scratch 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Fri 04 Jul 2014, 13:30

I agree with It's me,  I remember another actor commenting about what the paps do to GET a reaction, especially the  horrible things they say 

I wanted to make a comment about the headline,  after all the fabulous film work George has done  why does the headline regarding his wedding & engagement reference 'Batman'  which was YEARS ago?   I know I know it grabs attention etc,  but wasn't that George's least favorite movie ?

Last edited by iamnoone on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 13:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for clarity- not enough coffee to type post that made sense I was sleepy!!)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 04 Jul 2014, 14:04

The headline was written by writer of the stupid article iamnoone, so only he has the answer.

His writing style is always insulting on that web site.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 07 Jul 2014, 18:48

Another 'what if?', 'maybe' and 'perhaps' story from a Lebanese based paper..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shotgun Wedding? If Amal Alamuddin is 3 months pregnant with Clooney's baby, that explains the rushed engagement!

We're still tryna figure out whether it's true or not, but a shocking rumor has it that Amal Alamuddin is THREE months preggers with George Clooney's baby. So, so, so scandalous!

So much for being conservative, eh? If Amal can get pregnant out of wedlock, getting engaged this quickly has definitely got nothing to do with her parents being all "conservative" like previously claimed!

Either way, this explains the sudden proposal and rushed engagement. A source who has known George for more than a decade on both a professional and a personal level exclusively confirmed the news to Woman's Day.

The same source told Woman's Day that G & A were getting married days before an official announcement was made! So, it must be true?

"George and Amal told their families and closest friends three weeks ago, but now they’re sharing the happy news freely, so I feel like it’s OK to talk about it," said the source.

They better get their September wedding wrapped up quickly, because that baby bump will protrude quicker than they can say "I do"!

Ho ho ho, that could only mean one thing: A Christmas baby for the expecting couple!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 21:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2