George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin and her work

+61
melbert
Jenn
LornaDoone
Mazy
Sevens
Nicky80
fridadereval
Doug Ross
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
/
Alisonfan
Silje
LizzyNY
JMK
party animal - not!
Hebe
globalchick
lamby
pandabear
Dior
iamnoone
monaco
happycat
Catie
LJN2606
bamboochacha
bgarabedian
The next mrs clooney
isogotit
Margaret
premiere
Picachu
phys major
PigPen
Atalante
sparkie
Missa
ispy
jusquatoi2014
ace
bellybaby
silly willy
playfuldeb
Pita428
What Would He Say
lelacorb
chiki
cupcake
Pari
Maggy
madsky
NewFanForever
Lighterside
Carla97
theminis
Love hides in his hair.
catwoman
fava
Butterfly
silly girl
65 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 15 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin and her work

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 21:57

Thank you Nicky80!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:17

when Amal will save 'from the gallows even one person who does not have a portfolio containing thousands of dollars, then, but only then will' my estimation, not before. I think, especially today, that ratio qs have other purposes and that the love between the two is only an option! never heard of a woman, professionalmenre established, has given up his last name because 'and' married, this is' definitely a move to pr
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:31

Well said, Nicky.

PigPen - Agreed she'd get media attention even if she was a troll, but they wouldn't be GUSHING over her the way they are. Wonder how long it'll last.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:34

E online tonight:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An unusual subject for E online perhaps...........?

She may be Mrs. George Clooney, but it looks like someone's not quitting their day job! 
Amal Clooney's next legal case has been revealed by her London-based law firm, Doughty Street Chambers. The 36-year-old human rights lawyer, who wed the A-list actor in September in Venice, Italy, will counsel Mr. Mohamed Fahmy, a journalist currently imprisoned in Egypt. 
Clooney and her co-counsel collegue Mark Wassouf have released a statement, asking for Mr. Fahmy's conviction to be overturned and for him to be released. Calling his conviction "fundamentally unfair and his imprisonment a travesty of justice," the statement explains how Fahmy was convicted "on the allegation that he was a member of the now banned Muslim Brotherhood group" but there was never any evidence of Fahmy's supposed affiliation. 
"He is serving a 7-year prison sentence for simply reporting the news," Clooney said. 

Clooney and Wassouf have asked that their client, who suffers from Hepatitis C, be granted a compassionate release to receive treatment for his ailing health. Fahmy's appeal is scheduled for Jan. 1, 2015. 

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 18:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:57

And this isn't a new case. She has been working on it for a while.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 07 Nov 2014, 04:17

globalchick wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Your obsession with George and your quite obvious envy of Amal is truly bringing out the worst in you.

Lorna I am afraid that YOU are the one with nearly 6000 posts on George. 

It is clear to everyone that YOU are the one obsessed with George not me who has less than 100 posts. 

And no I am most definitely not envious of Amal. I would not want to look like her at all, and would not want to be with George as he is too old for me.
Global I'm a fan and have been on this forum almost since it's inception.

Also as a mod I have more posts than most that deal with "can we please get back on topic" and having had to moderate too many fights on this board.  So your "count" example is stupid at best because you make it to make a point when you don't know nor bothered to ask why I, katiedot, Nicky and theminis would have higher post counts.

And you can be obsessed with someone whether you want to get in their pants or not. 

You have an agenda it's evident in your posts.  I believe as you've told us over and over that you are in PR but that you don't have the same success getting your clients in the news as much as George and now Amal gets in the news.  Perhaps that's your issue.  Whatever it is - it obvious you are NOT a fan and are just here to make as many negative comments as possible.

Perhaps if YOU weren't on this forum as much as YOU are you might get better results for YOUR clients.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Nov 2014, 14:13

Nicky I like your rational post regarding the
imprisoned journalists. Of course they need good legal representation, and fast.
Keep up the good work.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 02:05

Just read in the Washington Post and New York Times today that Egypt's president, al-Sissi, has issued a decree that empowers him to deport foreign defendants convicted or accused of crimes in Egypt back to their home country. That would include the man Amal is defending, Mohammed Fahmy. He has Egyptian and Canadian citizenships. The Times story indicates that since this case has been an embarrassment to the Egyptian government it was al-Sissi's intent to issue this law so he could rid himself of this case. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 14 Nov 2014, 20:50

Politics/men at work, not the so called justice system. He'll be walking free soon. Rena, a dutch journalist had been accused too but she managed to flee the country in time. Her case has been all over the Belgian and Dutch news. It was pretty hilarious. Link Amal won't get him out, politics will.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:00

So the publicity didn't contribute to the decision....? Or maybe nudge the powers that be just a little, so that they turned it around as if it was their own idea?........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:06

Atalante wrote:Politics/men at work, not the so called justice system. He'll be walking free soon. Rena, a dutch journalist had been accused too but she managed to flee the country in time. Her case has been all over the Belgian and Dutch news. It was pretty hilarious. Link Amal won't get him out, politics will.

At the end it always comes down to politics in international cases like that. That is pretty normal everywhere in the world. North Korea just released American citizens out of prision and let them fly back home. They had lawyers too but in the end it was the politicians who freed them. Normal case and nothing wrong with it.....But it needs People like Amal to bring so much attention to a case that politicians start doing something. And it Looks like somehting is happening....

And if you want to be really precise in what you said then normally it is never a lawyer "who get somebody out". It is either the judge or the Jury (or politicians) but it is the lawyer to argue the case in the right direction to get there...... Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:10

party animal - not! wrote:So the publicity didn't contribute to the decision....? Or maybe nudge the powers that be just a little, so that they turned it around as if it was their own idea?........

True..if the media wouldn't have reported about it since ages no politician would have done something. things like that belong in the media so that a bad government doesn't get away with arresting journalists...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:23

You hit the nail on the head, Nicky. And this way the government come out of it seemingly smelling of roses............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:34

Publicity is what works eh?

Would somebody in the name of all that Holy publicise the plyght of Syrian Refugees, living in brutal conditions in Lebanon. Amal you hold much that could help these ppl stuck through NO fault of there's in your birthplace, where ppl respect you, and know you so well. With your esteem this is just plyght of ppl who need so much understanding in you land, and are getting none.
This to me is perfect shoe fit for Amal Clooney humanitarian.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:45

As far as I know there was no celebs involved in the release of the Americans in North Korea. Sweden being America's protective power in North Korea did a lot of quiet diplomatic work and then James Clapper, head of National Intellenge showed up in person.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:50

Alisonfan, refugees politics is something different. Look all the refugees who come from Africa and Syria to Europe. The conditions are really bad too. We had refugees who occupied a School for weeks in Berlin to protest against they bad conditions. It is is not just Lebanon. Refugees have bad conditions everywhere. They don't need a lawyer they need to change the refugee politics to give them better living standards and that is a big discussion here in Europe everyday.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:52

Silje wrote:As far as I know there was no celebs involved in the release of the Americans in North Korea. Sweden being America's protective power in North Korea did a lot of quiet diplomatic work and then James Clapper, head of National Intellenge showed up in person.

Exactly that's what I was saying...politics got them out....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 22:11

And we don't know what is going on behind the scenes in Egypt to help in the release of these journalists. Who else outside of Egypt may be adding to the dialogue besides humanitarian spokespeople. There has not been.much coverage of these inprisoned journalists in print. I've seen more coverage online, and in many cases it is Amal's name that is brought up as representing one of the accused. The NY Times and Post articles did not mention her at all.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Nov 2014, 22:31

No, but given how long they've been prison there has been coverage over a long period of time, but with everything else that has been going on it doesn't seem like it. There is a feeling that Al Jazeera itself has been dragging its feet, especially in the countries the journalists come from. Hence no much coverage in the US.

What I find interesting is that Amal Clooney has just been enlisted to their cause (I think) After all she's pretty knowledgeable about the Egyptian judicial system - and whether it's her current high profile or just coincidence that has caused the authorities to act we will never know.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 15 Nov 2014, 01:04

Remember when Amal wrote that article back in either early September or In August regarding this case. Think Huffington Pist picked it up, Thought she was already involved at that point.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 15 Nov 2014, 03:07

Today:

Amal Clooney presses Canadian officials on behalf of jailed Canadian journalst

The family of Mohamed Fahmy, the Egyptian-Canadian journalist who is serving a seven year sentence on terrorism charges in Egypt, have retained international human rights lawyer Amal Clooney, who they say is now focused on getting Canadian officials involved in his case. 

Famhy is among three journalists working for Al Jazeera who were arrested last December after interviewing members of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood.   

"As we speak [Clooney] is in contact with Canadian officials, asking the Canadian government to intervene on a more senior level," Fahmy's brother, Adel Fahmy, tells As it Happens in an interview. 

The case gained some momentum this week when Egypt's president, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, decreed that foreign prisoners could be deported. He didn't name the Al Jazeera journalists, but this was seen as a positive sign for reporter Peter Greste, who is an Australian national. It was not immediately clear what this meant for Mohamed Fahmy, who holds both Egyptian and Canadian citizenship,. 

"It's very vague," says Adel Fahmy. "We're getting a lot of different signals." He added that his brother was adamant that he would not renounce his Egyptian citizenship, even if that would facilitate his release and return to Canada. 

"He didn't do anything wrong, and he should not be subjected to this sort of injustice," says Adel Fahmy. "We support him. We understand where he's coming from. His fiancée, Marwa, was a little bit aggravated when he said that. She just wants to see him free."  

Further complicating matters, Clooney issued a statement last week asking the Egyptian government to free Mohamed Fahmy for medical reasons, indicating that he was suffering from Hepatitis C and required medical attention.

Mohamed Fahmy's family launched a crowdfunding campaign and retained Clooney in part after getting disillusioned with the Qatar-based network Al Jazeera's handling of the case. 

Al Jazeera filed a $150-million lawsuit against the Egyptian government shortly before its three employees were convicted and sentenced to between seven and ten years.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 10:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 15 Nov 2014, 03:17

You were right, Donnamarie. Article in the HuffPost in August 'The Anatomy of an Unfair Trial', described by the Daily Beast as a brilliant article

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 15 Nov 2014, 12:27

Maybe she should try pushing Hillary Clinton, she has been all over the planet, ... Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Nov 2014, 17:37

globalchick wrote:This case will be another failure for her like the Greek marbles. She will get nowhere.
 Oh well then.  Everyone who has a case that's a little bit difficult or unlikely to succees should just give up then, it that it?  Nobody should ever even try to do something good if it looks likely that they might fail.  What a misery you are.

globalchick wrote:And no I am most definitely not envious of Amal. I would not want to look like her at all, and would not want to be with George as he is too old for me.
 Oh yes you are, you're DYING of envy of Amal.  The bitterness drips from every word you type because she has the one thing you'll never have: George Clooney.  If it makes you feel better to slam George because he's now off the market go ahead, but just remember some of us here are laughing at you and your pretensions.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 15 Nov 2014, 21:44

I'm envious of Amal but in a good way. I would like to look like her. Amal is a striking and elegant looking woman , not a cookie cutter Victoria Secret's type and I would like to be as brilliant as she is. And I wish I weren't too old for George but I am. He is a fantasy for me and nothing more. Whoever he would end up marrying I would be ok with and would not question his reasons because I don't have a clue about the dynamics of his personal relationships.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 20 Nov 2014, 13:37

According to the BBC the Swedish ruling on Assange's extradition has been upheld in Stockholm

And here's an astute piece by a very respected journalist, John Pilger

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 20 Nov 2014, 14:09

There is a difference between a whistleblower and a traitor, a crusader and an extortionist. Manning and Assange are the latter of those. I have no sympathy for either of them, and our government is right to pursue and prosecute them to the fullest. If Assange believes he did the right thing, he should stop hiding out like a fucking coward.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Nov 2014, 14:33

Laughing They are no cowards, Nicky80: deleted offensive comment

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 18:27; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted offenisve comment)
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 20 Nov 2014, 14:43

PAN thanks for providing this news piece. Honestly I haven't followed Assange's case that closely so this was pretty informative although quite evident how it comes down on the side of Assange's defense.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 20 Nov 2014, 14:50

Atalante wrote:Laughing They are no cowards, Nicky80: deleted offenisve comment

Confused by what you mean by that last part, but taking it at its face, I'd be interested to know what you think you know of me that would give you cause to call me a coward. And if your answer is "Nothing," as it should honestly be, and I inform you that I think 'coward' is one of the worst things anyone can be called, I would advise you to Nicky80: deleted comment before things get ugly.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 18:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted offenisve comments)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Nov 2014, 15:00

Clooney himself is exposing American politics in " Our brand is crises. " And the J.A. case is just another case. Governments hide very sick individuals you know. Psychopathic MEN, you know ... .
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Nov 2014, 15:17

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Atalante wrote:Laughing They are no cowards, Nicky80: deleted offensive comment

Confused by what you mean by that last part, but taking it at its face, I'd be interested to know what you think you know of me that would give you cause to call me a coward. And if your answer is "Nothing," as it should honestly be, and I inform you that I think 'coward' is one of the worst things anyone can be called, I would advise you to Nicky80: deleted comment before things get ugly.
" Katrin Axelsson and Lisa Longstaff of Women Against Rape wrote: "The allegations against [Assange] are a smokescreen behind which a number of governments are trying to clamp down on WikiLeaks for having audaciously revealed to the public their secret planning of wars and occupations with their attendant rape, murder and destruction... The authorities care so little about violence against women that they manipulate rape allegations at will. [Assange] has made it clear he is available for questioning by the Swedish authorities, in Britain or via Skype. Why are they refusing this essential step in their investigation? What are they afraid of?" "  Now YOU define "coward" ! Laughing

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 18:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted offensive comments)
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 20 Nov 2014, 15:32

I assure you that there's not much about this case that you could point out to me that I haven't read already. And my definition of 'coward' isn't the subject at hand.

I asked you about your remark about me. You should either answer the question or provide an apology.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Nov 2014, 18:05

Maybe you owe Assange an apology.
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 20 Nov 2014, 18:14

Atalante, you are the one who offended another poster. Every poster is responsible what they post. You are the one who needs to apologise, if you can't, that says a lot about you. I tell you now to stop it and stop provoke other posters.

If you continue to post only to provoke others I will remove your posts.

Thank you.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 20 Nov 2014, 18:35

Atalante wrote:Maybe you owe Assange an apology.

No, I offer an apology to you. I mistook you for an adult.

You're obviously incapable of a mature response, so forget what I said and go about your business.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Nov 2014, 21:37

Nicky80: deleted provoked comment
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 20 Nov 2014, 21:45

This conversation has to stop now. Let it go.

Let's get back on Topic. Thank you
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 20 Nov 2014, 21:51

Oh, I'll inform Assange anyway !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Nov 2014, 03:58

What the hell were we talking about?  Oh yea, Amal's work.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Nov 2014, 04:23

It's always the Big Bad USA in these articles.  We're the bad ones but then again we have to fund half the fucking world with subsidies and step in when people's head are being cut off by radicals so hell bent on killing us all that all they can see is their blood lust.

Yes, it's always the US of A's fault for all the ills of the world and the Assange's of the world are martyrs to the cause of bringing down our country.

How about we just stop interfering in the rest of the world and worry about our own problems and let the Russians kills the Ukranians and start taking over European countries.  And why don't we just let ISIS kill anyone who won't convert to their radical Islam?  They come to the US then we'll deal with them here.

Oh yea, I remember, cause most of the rest of the world can't get their shit together and are STILL fighting fights from centuries ago.

How about those Croatians and Serbians systematically trying to annililate each other.

But yes, because Assange says so, we, the US, we're the problem throughout the world.

So tired of this bullshit I tell ya.

Yes, I'll concede the CIA is a bunch of assholes who have gotten into shit they never should have.

And yes, the NSA is invasive.  But what's the alternative.

No information of imminent threats?

Okay, there will just be more subway bombings in the UK and hey, maybe all this crap will flow into Belgium too.

Oh wait, if that happens it STILL will be the US' fault. 

I remember now.  My bad.  Never fucking mind.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 21 Nov 2014, 14:13

Democracy, freedom and human rights is a messy, messy thing. If there wasn't a US of A makes you wonder what kind of world would exist today.

I hear ya LorneDoone!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:40

Yes, the US gets a lot of things wrong. But we get an awful lot right, too. And I, for one, don't need egomaniacal terrorists or weak-minded but self-righteous traitors telling me what I should and should not be outraged about. And I really don't appreciate the protestations of horror about governments gathering information for the public good, from the same people who willingly turn over the same information to Google and Facebook for commerce and entertainment. Explain that shit to me. Apple knows more about you than the NSA ever could.

Do I like the idea of my government conducting surveillance on private citizens? Certainly not. But you know what, I also don't like the idea of terrorists and other criminals using my communities for cover while they plan to do us harm. There's a way to combat the abuse of power without exposing and perhaps destroying the necessary security infrastructure, and putting the people who serve us in potential danger. Governments have to do things we might not like but are critical nonetheless, because this world has become a dangerous fucking place. We can't all live in our private little utopias. Somebody has to do the scutwork.

Anybody who thinks that the US is doing anything most of the major and rising powers of the world aren't also doing, is kidding themselves. None of the 'spying' is unilateral, and if you think so, you're naive at best. Germany, anyone? Israel...? The UK? Please. But we're vilified for it, and everybody else gets to play the victim of the big bad United States.

The irony of Mr. Assange crying foul on the US while hiding out in the embassy of a historically corrupt country and in a nation that has one of the most advanced spy networks in the world shouldn't be lost on anybody. He's a coward and a hypocrite, besides being a criminal, and I hope the US puts him away for a long, long time.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:44

It's not about the USA alone, it's all about a business elite on this planet. Assange is threat to them all ! He's revealing all those dirty secrets. We've got Lux leaks in Belgium/Europe now. Messy, messy, messy, ... Twisted Evil
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:47

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Yes, the US gets a lot of things wrong. But we get an awful lot right, too. And I, for one, don't need egomaniacal terrorists or weak-minded but self-righteous traitors telling me what I should and should not be outraged about. And I really don't appreciate the protestations of horror about governments gathering information for the public good, from the same people who willingly turn over the same information to Google and Facebook for commerce and entertainment. Explain that shit to me. Apple knows more about you than the NSA ever could.

Do I like the idea of my government conducting surveillance on private citizens? Certainly not. But you know what, I also don't like the idea of terrorists and other criminals using my communities for cover while they plan to do us harm. There's a way to combat the abuse of power without exposing and perhaps destroying the necessary security infrastructure, and putting the people who serve us in potential danger. Governments have to do things we might not like but are critical nonetheless, because this world has become a dangerous fucking place. We can't all live in our private little utopias. Somebody has to do the scutwork.

Anybody who thinks that the US is doing anything most of the major and rising powers of the world aren't also doing, is kidding themselves. None of the 'spying' is unilateral, and if you think so, you're naive at best. Germany, anyone? Israel...? The UK? Please. But we're vilified for it, and everybody else gets to play the victim of the big bad United States.

The irony of Mr. Assange crying foul on the US while hiding out in the embassy of a historically corrupt country and in a nation that has one of the most advanced spy networks in the world shouldn't be lost on anybody. He's a coward and a hypocrite, besides being a criminal, and I hope the US puts him away for a long, long time.
George Clooney wants him out too, ... . Oh yeah !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:49

Snowdon, Manning, I want to see them free too ! All whistleblowers !!! Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Nov 2014, 18:50

Snowdon, Manning = traitors. Fuck them both.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 21 Nov 2014, 19:52

Oh such nice language ! Do you know these people personal ? Mmm.... . Define " traitor ". We are all on ONE planet. And those guys defend the truth on this planet. They don't defend some fucked-up politicians. Countries are very usefull to fill one's own pockets !!! Monarchies, presidencies, ... yeah yeah ! Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 21 Nov 2014, 20:14

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Yes, the US gets a lot of things wrong. But we get an awful lot right, too.

True like any other Country. No country is free from crime. And I don't care what people say. I rather stick with the US as long we have Russia, North Korea and any other creeps out there.

Atalante wrote:It's not about the USA alone, it's all about a business elite on this planet. Assange is threat to them all ! He's revealing all those dirty secrets. We've got Lux leaks in Belgium/Europe now. Messy, messy, messy, ... Twisted Evil

Dirty secrets??? It is not like he reveled someone being involved in child porn. He just explained politics in more Details  Razz

LornaDoone wrote:Snowdon, Manning = traitors.  Fuck them both.

Snowdon wanted to travel to Germany a while ago and stay here. Guess he figured life in Russia is not the same like in the West. Our Government denied him access to travel to Germany. Says it all.

I don't think you can change countries/politics by exposing countries like that.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 21 Nov 2014, 20:25

Atalante wrote:Oh such nice language ! Do you know these people personal ? .........

Funny that you ask this. Do you know Snowdon and Assange perosnally????? If not then I guess you share your opinion like any other .

Atalante wrote:.......And those guys defend the truth on this planet. They don't defend some fucked-up politicians. Countries are very usefull to fill one's own pockets !!! Monarchies, presidencies, ... yeah yeah ! Laughing

defend the truth Shocked  ....I see them hiding and complaining about they living conditions but I don't see them defending. They never defended anything they just LEAKED Information. That was all....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next