George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin and her work

+61
melbert
Jenn
LornaDoone
Mazy
Sevens
Nicky80
fridadereval
Doug Ross
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
/
Alisonfan
Silje
LizzyNY
JMK
party animal - not!
Hebe
globalchick
lamby
pandabear
Dior
iamnoone
monaco
happycat
Catie
LJN2606
bamboochacha
bgarabedian
The next mrs clooney
isogotit
Margaret
premiere
Picachu
phys major
PigPen
Atalante
sparkie
Missa
ispy
jusquatoi2014
ace
bellybaby
silly willy
playfuldeb
Pita428
What Would He Say
lelacorb
chiki
cupcake
Pari
Maggy
madsky
NewFanForever
Lighterside
Carla97
theminis
Love hides in his hair.
catwoman
fava
Butterfly
silly girl
65 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin and her work

Post by Missa Fri 13 Jun 2014, 01:08

party animal - not! wrote:Well said, Missa.

What this global summit has done has brought governments of many many countries together, many of whom have as a result committed and effectively signed up to stop such things happening and Jolie said there today that there is now no excuse because they know what to do about it and are very aware having joined the talks. So they now accountable.........

Yes, to quote the late Dr. Mays Angelou, "When you know better, you do better." None of us can claim ignorance thst this is happening anymore, so now what are we going to do about it?  Just bringing this subject out into the open for discussion is an accomplishment.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Jun 2014, 05:17

PigPen wrote:  I mean no sarcasm here- I truly believed her name was well established in London etc, long before the romance, and therefore doesn't need the Clooney fiancee tag to identify her.
I think she's fairly well established in the legal world, but the general public aren't likely to know who she is.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:37

lelacorb wrote:Amal is definitely well dressed although in my humble opinion seems to be slipping on a red carpet (you'll be practicing?)! Looking at the pictures of other guests, including Angelina Jolie m seems that all to dress soberly while the lawyer seems to want to show off. Ouch Ouch Ouch ....... celebrity pleases everyone and the great lawyer is not free from this.

I have noticed that she is an attention seeker, she wants her name in the press all the time, special when she is on her own or with her mother. If she is photograph with GC she has a sour puss face. All the guest were wearing dark colour outfits she turns up in a bright red outfit to ensure that everyone takes notice of her. She is always wear inappropriate clothing for someone who apparently is practicing law or she has no sense in style probably the latter.

Of course Brad and Angelina didn’t want to be seen with her or to know her.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 13 Jun 2014, 14:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 13 Jun 2014, 15:38

Margaret wrote:
lelacorb wrote:Amal is definitely well dressed although in my humble opinion seems to be slipping on a red carpet (you'll be practicing?)! Looking at the pictures of other guests, including Angelina Jolie m seems that all to dress soberly while the lawyer seems to want to show off. Ouch Ouch Ouch ....... celebrity pleases everyone and the great lawyer is not free from this.

I have noticed that she is an attention seeker, she wants her name in the press all the time, special when she is on her own or with her mother. If she is photograph with GC she has a sour puss face. All the guest were wearing dark colour outfits she turns up in a bright red outfit to ensure that everyone takes notice of her. She is always wear inappropriate clothing for someone who apparently is practicing law or she has no sense in style probably the latter.

Of course Brad and Angelina didn’t want to be seen with her or to know her.
Good observation about the facial expressions of when she is alone, and those when she is with her future husband.  Maybe she is uncomfortable being photographed with him because she is aware of how deep the scrutiny is -- as the future Mrs.  When alone, she's just herself.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Fri 13 Jun 2014, 18:10

She likes the attention, no doubt in mind.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 Empty embedding the tweet from the link

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Jun 2014, 18:32

From the conference:

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Jun 2014, 18:47

[ltr]Re pan's post above....Sorry I couldn't paste all of it in one go ![/ltr]
[ltr]Hope someone can post it properly with the lovely photo.[/ltr]

Phumzile Mlambo tweeted...

[ltr]Lets use our skills to contribute to end sexual violence Amal. Tks Amal Best wishes 2 you and G. Clooney
pic.twitter.com/gTVfP9TAUX
[/ltr]
11:40am - 13 Jun 14
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Jun 2014, 19:04

And Phumzile is the Executive Director of UN Women.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Jun 2014, 23:50

I know the Global Summit has ended.
But this introduction from 6 June explains what 
was covered over the three days.

Global Summit to End Sexual Violence from 10-13 June in London – 
you could be there too

Kate Dentith / Child protection, End sexual violence, 06/06/2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]The Foreign Secretary William Hague meets with UNICEF UK and campaigners to discuss how to drive forward international action to end the rape and abuse of children in war zones.

The Global Summit to End Sexual Violence starts in London’s next week, includingfree events open to the public. The event will bring together activists, governments, international organisations, NGOs and the media for talks. Angelina Jolie, Special Envoy for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees will co-chair the event with Foreign Secretary William Hague.

There will also be theatre performances, over 70 discussion sessions, a silent cinema, interactive exhibitions and special cinema screenings. Check out the programme.

UNICEF UK’ s very own chief executive David Bull will be speaking with our ambassador Martin Bell on Thursday evening, at an event hosted by the BOND Child Rights Group. There will also be a roundtable with UNICEF representatives from South Sudan and DR Congo. On Tuesday morning there will be a powerful series of films from UNICEF featuring stories of children who have faced sexual violence in conflict. 
And there will be a moving performance from Ice & Fire Theatre who will present three powerful, first-hand accounts of survivors of sexual violence.

Last week, leading female campaigners including human rights barrister Amal Alamuddin, Professor Geraldine Van Bueren QC and Mumsnet Campaign Manager Rowan Davies joined UNICEF UK Deputy Executive Director Anita Tiessen met with the Foreign Secretary to discuss how to drive forward international action to end the rape and abuse of children in war zones.

“Sadly children are some of the most at risk of rape and abuse in war zones and the impact on their physical and social wellbeing can be catastrophic,” said Deputy Executive Director of UNICEF UK Anita Tiessen. “It’s admirable and vital that the UK Government has taken the lead in addressing this international crisis and has organised a crucial summit in London in June.”

So if you’re free during the day or the evenings next week, head along to the Excel Centre to find out more. There’s no need to register. 

It’s #TimetoAct to stop children facing sexual violence in conflict.

Read more stories on this subject:

• [url=http://blogs.unicef.org.uk/2014/06/06/global-summit-end-sexual-violence-10-13-june-london/This child was called a %E2%80%9Cwitch%E2%80%9D because her mother was raped]Blog: This child was called a “witch” because her mother was raped[/url]
  • Blog: Child survivors of sexual violence: “I hope one day I can be free again”

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 23:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tidying)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 14 Jun 2014, 00:40

Joanna wrote:I know the Global Summit has ended.
But this introduction from 6 June explains what 
was covered over the three days.

Global Summit to End Sexual Violence from 10-13 June in London – 
you could be there too

Kate Dentith / Child protection, End sexual violence, 06/06/2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]The Foreign Secretary William Hague meets with UNICEF UK and campaigners to discuss how to drive forward international action to end the rape and abuse of children in war zones.

The Global Summit to End Sexual Violence starts in London’s next week, includingfree events open to the public. The event will bring together activists, governments, international organisations, NGOs and the media for talks. Angelina Jolie, Special Envoy for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees will co-chair the event with Foreign Secretary William Hague.

There will also be theatre performances, over 70 discussion sessions, a silent cinema, interactive exhibitions and special cinema screenings. Check out the programme.

UNICEF UK’ s very own chief executive David Bull will be speaking with our ambassador Martin Bell on Thursday evening, at an event hosted by the BOND Child Rights Group. There will also be a roundtable with UNICEF representatives from South Sudan and DR Congo. On Tuesday morning there will be a powerful series of films from UNICEF featuring stories of children who have faced sexual violence in conflict. 
And there will be a moving performance from Ice & Fire Theatre who will present three powerful, first-hand accounts of survivors of sexual violence.

Last week, leading female campaigners including human rights barrister Amal Alamuddin, Professor Geraldine Van Bueren QC and Mumsnet Campaign Manager Rowan Davies joined UNICEF UK Deputy Executive Director Anita Tiessen met with the Foreign Secretary to discuss how to drive forward international action to end the rape and abuse of children in war zones.

“Sadly children are some of the most at risk of rape and abuse in war zones and the impact on their physical and social wellbeing can be catastrophic,” said Deputy Executive Director of UNICEF UK Anita Tiessen. “It’s admirable and vital that the UK Government has taken the lead in addressing this international crisis and has organised a crucial summit in London in June.”

So if you’re free during the day or the evenings next week, head along to the Excel Centre to find out more. There’s no need to register. 

It’s #TimetoAct to stop children facing sexual violence in conflict.

Read more stories on this subject:

• [url=http://blogs.unicef.org.uk/2014/06/06/global-summit-end-sexual-violence-10-13-june-london/This child was called a %E2%80%9Cwitch%E2%80%9D because her mother was raped]Blog: This child was called a “witch” because her mother was raped[/url]
  • Blog: Child survivors of sexual violence: “I hope one day I can be free again”

Look at those attention-wh0res on the left, wearing red and blue.  "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!"  How dare they?!?  The one in red clearly loves the attention, and the one in blue has such a sourpuss.  Smile already!   Rolling Eyes
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jun 2014, 01:02

“Sadly children are some of the most at risk of rape and abuse in war zones and the impact on their physical and social wellbeing can be catastrophic,” said Deputy Executive Director of UNICEF UK Anita Tiessen.

“It’s admirable and vital that the UK Government has taken the lead in addressing this international crisis and has organised a crucial summit in London in June.”

It’s #TimetoAct to stop children facing sexual violence 
in conflict.

It's so sad that the only comment about this tragic  subject matter, mentioned above, has to be the one made above this post.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 14 Jun 2014, 02:26

You know, I almost put an asterisk at the end of that post with a note that said "sarcasm warning", just to be on the safe side. Then I thought, "No, that's silly. It's obvious you're making fun of the fact that people can't help but post about clothes in a serious thread, and that somehow the choice of wearing colorful clothing to an event translates to wanting to hoard all the attention from rape victims. Especially since your two previous posts were about all the good this summit is doing. Noting that you're being sarcastic would be overkill."

Clearly it is necessary to clarify the exact nature and intent of all comments for those on this forum who live to take offense. Duly noted.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jun 2014, 02:57

Missa - Joanna wasn't the only one who didn't catch the sarcasm. I guess the topic is so serious that we weren't expecting it. No offense taken.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 14 Jun 2014, 06:50

Sometimes I think most of us need to take two steps backwards to kindergarten and start over again. Amal must be a fairly decent speaker from what have been reading a lot are in PDF form.  But if you go to her official bio page and follow the links there is a lot of information on there.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 14 Jun 2014, 07:10

More pix:http://george-clooney.us/visuals/thumbnails.php?album=1231
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Jun 2014, 07:21

Why are the photos labeled "george-clooney-us" in the lower right-hand corner? Is that some sort of filing tag?

Maybe she is going to use these photos for the firm's website or something. in the ones where she's sitting in the audience, she's looking at a completely different spot than everyone else, except for that last shot.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:07

"george-clooney-us" is a George Clooney fan site....
and the link above the photos tell us that.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:16

I am wondering if she is actually a lawyer, she doesn't seem to work ever. She is always parading is the most unusually outfits for a lawyer.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:26

Margaret....there's plenty of information regarding Amal's professional working life on here, if you are genuinely concerned that she's not bona fide.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:50

Margaret wrote:I am wondering if she is actually a lawyer, she doesn't seem to work ever. She is always parading is the most unusually outfits for a lawyer.

If she likes thore outfits and those colors, why she shouldn't dress up like this? 
The lawyers don't  always  wearing dark colour...

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:27

Missa wrote:You know, I almost put an asterisk at the end of that post with a note that said "sarcasm warning", just to be on the safe side. Then I thought, "No, that's silly. It's obvious you're making fun of the fact that people can't help but post about clothes in a serious thread, and that somehow the choice of wearing colorful clothing to an event translates to wanting to hoard all the attention from rape victims. Especially since your two previous posts were about all the good this summit is doing. Noting that you're being sarcastic would be overkill."
If it's any consolation, I got it and it made me snigger out loud.

Thanks for the laugh.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:53

Katiedot wrote:
Missa wrote:You know, I almost put an asterisk at the end of that post with a note that said "sarcasm warning", just to be on the safe side. Then I thought, "No, that's silly. It's obvious you're making fun of the fact that people can't help but post about clothes in a serious thread, and that somehow the choice of wearing colorful clothing to an event translates to wanting to hoard all the attention from rape victims. Especially since your two previous posts were about all the good this summit is doing. Noting that you're being sarcastic would be overkill."
 If it's any consolation, I got it and it made me snigger out loud.  

Thanks for the laugh.  
 Thanks Katie  Very Happy
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Tue 17 Jun 2014, 08:57

Book Launch: "The Special Tribunal for Lebanon: Law and Practice".
On 17 June 2014, The Hague Institute for Global Justice will host the book launch of "The Special Tribunal for Lebanon: Law and Practice".

The book, authored by STL Prosecutor Norman Farrell, and Barristers Sir Keir Starmer, Amal Alamuddin and John Jones, provides a full analytical overview of the establishment and functioning of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon, looking at how the Court was established, its foundational principles based on the Statute of the International Criminal Court and Lebanese domestic law, and the possible further development of its case law. 
It provides a guide to the procedure of the Tribunal, the status of the Registry, the rights of suspects and accused, trials in absentia, and the regulation of the conduct of counsel, drawing on comparisons to other international courts. 
The authors include those involved in setting up the court, prosecutors, defence counsel for the suspects, as well as judges and academic commentators who are experts on the issues covered in the book. 

This event, organized by Doughty Street Chambers International and hosted by The Hague Institute for Global Justice, will take place next June 17 at 18:00h.
More information on the HIGJ website.
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jun 2014, 09:25

Here's the information from The Hague:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 9 Empty embedded tweet

Post by / Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:29

Amal at the launch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:34

And I gather it's also the inauguration of Doughty Street International at the same event tonight too. Here's Geoffrey Robertson

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:36

Keir Starmer speaking:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:49

Amal speaking tonight:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 17 Jun 2014, 21:38

Doughty Street International, what pray is that?
Does it require a PRESS launch.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jun 2014, 21:42

Yep. Within the legal world I think it does. Could be a whole new department in The Hague. But Doughty Street Chambers has many different departments and categories. Just google Doughty Street Chambers...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 17 Jun 2014, 21:52

So AA's new found fame comes with advantages for DSC,

I won't feel too bad now if AA never actually makes it to the marital bed.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:29

I don't get it why she has closed her twitter and facebookaccount. If you want to raise awareness in these times of social media, it's just the thing to use.  geek
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:39

Atalante wrote:I don't get it why she has closed her twitter and facebookaccount. If you want to raise awareness in these times of social media, it's just the thing to use.  geek

Amal's personal social media accounts could be raided by cranks !
I think it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do given
the high profile engagement.

I'm sure there are professional twitter accounts covering events.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:53

For a few cranks, pffffffff. Really, ...  Spliff Enjoy LINK.  I\'ve got an idea2
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:00

I think
 that human rights should be protected directly in the field, was also undermined, not in a conference room presenting a book where you will earn money even on copyright! Amal be credible on the day that you go directly to the place in the midst of the bombing and will look at what happens not in a classroom lectures  safe from it all! I never believed and why I believe that a book will not save lives .....
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:21

I'm impressed with the thinness of Amal. Look at her knees, is pure bone. Shocked
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:03

Joanna - Do you really think she shut down her accounts because of cranks? I think George told her to shut them down because he didn't want anyone who follows her leaking info to the media. Some of her family and friends seem unable to keep quiet about their relationship.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:44

LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - Do you really think she shut down her accounts because of cranks? I think George told her to shut them down because he didn't want anyone who follows her leaking info to the media. Some of her family and friends seem unable to keep quiet about their relationship.

I think it's information control and cranks/security.  There are crazies and obsessed fans out there.  Even folks who wish her the best could clog her social media with comments on George, her clothes, inappropriate comments.  Wouldn't let her professional life shine IMO.  Look at some of the wrestling fans comments on Stacy's twitter.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:48

lelacorb wrote:
I think
 that human rights should be protected directly in the field, was also undermined, not in a conference room presenting a book where you will earn money even on copyright! Amal be credible on the day that you go directly to the place in the midst of the bombing and will look at what happens not in a classroom lectures  safe from it all! I never believed and why I believe that a book will not save lives .....

I think there are a lot of roles in human rights.  By your definition George is not protecting human rights either because he is not out in the field. Plus, seriously-- an academic book on a tribunal in Lebanon is not making anyone any money.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 18 Jun 2014, 14:09

fava wrote:
lelacorb wrote:
I think

I think there are a lot of roles in human rights.  By your definition George is not protecting human rights either because he is not out in the field. Plus, seriously-- an academic book on a tribunal in Lebanon is not making anyone any money.
You are so sure? I'm not!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by / Wed 18 Jun 2014, 15:34

Lelacorb, writing books is part of a barrister's, lawyer's, advocate's,... professional life. They do it all the time. And this book is about the Lebanon tribunal and its functioning. It has nothing to do with saving lives or not. They are separate issues, so I don't really understand your opinion.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:17

It looks llike my guess yesterday might be right.......International branch based in The Hague from September 2014...........final paragraph

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:46

fava wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - Do you really think she shut down her accounts because of cranks? I think George told her to shut them down because he didn't want anyone who follows her leaking info to the media. Some of her family and friends seem unable to keep quiet about their relationship.

I think it's information control and cranks/security.  There are crazies and obsessed fans out there.  Even folks who wish her the best could clog her social media with comments on George, her clothes, inappropriate comments.  Wouldn't let her professional life shine IMO.  Look at some of the wrestling fans comments on Stacy's twitter.

LizzyNY I think you may have a good point and its common sense
really isn't it ?

Well done fava, you've expressed yourself on the subject
far better than I did or could.

"Information control and cranks security" I like the phrase.  Thumbs up! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by jusquatoi2014 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 02:53

Wonder if Amal met up with Jolie and Brad during this event. Or perpahs they are all too busy ...

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:26

The New York Daily News is reporting that Julian Assange is at it again. They say he claims he'll post more leaks on Thursday to mark the second anniversary of his "imprisonment" in the Ecuadorean embassy in London..

In a conference call Wednesday Assange sent a message to President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder that he has documents that threaten their legacy. He also called former Australian foreign minister Bob Carr a liar.

From the tone of the article and some of the other things he said, he comes off as arrogant and smug, hiding from the consequences of his actions behind embassy walls. If he's so sure he's right, he should come on out and face the music.

I wonder if Amal is still affiliated with Assange's case, and if she is, in what capacity?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:42

Fava, you're right. 

They probably decided together (since the timing seemingly coincided with things getting serious between them as well) that all in all it would be better to close her accounts down. Happened about the same time as the Yulia support broadcast I think)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 20 Jun 2014, 01:26

LizzyNY wrote:The New York Daily News is reporting that Julian Assange is at it again. They say he claims he'll post more leaks on Thursday to mark the second anniversary of his "imprisonment" in the Ecuadorean embassy in London..

In a conference call Wednesday Assange sent a message to President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder that he has documents that threaten their legacy. He also called former Australian foreign minister Bob Carr a liar.

From the tone of the article and some of the other things he said, he comes off as arrogant and smug, hiding from the consequences of his actions behind embassy walls. If he's so sure he's right, he should come on out and face the music.

I wonder if Amal is still affiliated with Assange's case, and if she is, in what capacity?

I have zero respect for Assange, sure I get that Governments hide things from the public, sometimes with good reason, and yes it may be appropriate given the topic to release it, but when all is said and done, I still think he is a coward. 

I wonder if Amal indeed is still affiliated with him,
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 20 Jun 2014, 02:28

Remember, at the beginning of this whole thing, back when Assange was still pretending to be the ethical warrior, he supposedly turned over the documents to assure their integrity and to vet the release of the information so that they were used for informational purposes only.

Then, he got into it with the very man he chose to protect and vet the documents because the guy redacted some information from a release, due to national security fears. Assange tore him a new one, and threatened to release the redacted information himself -- though he's not supposed to personally hold any.

Now he's essentially threatening to blackmail the President and the Attorney General of the United States, with documents he's not supposed to have and counter to the process of the man to whom the documents are entrusted.

The man is an arrogant liar. He throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way; only his tantrums include disclosing state secrets.

I have the feeling that all that would have to happen is that Assange gets his feelings hurt because Amal is getting more attention in the case than he is,  or that the press wants Amal/George more than Amal/Julian, and he'd fire her ass.

Of course, he's more likely to use her notoriety to shine the spotlight on his honorable deeds.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 20 Jun 2014, 03:55

Does anyone know if she's still representing him? If he releases more documents (that he supposedly doesn't have) and they reflect badly on President Obama, how will she explain it all to George? "Sorry Assange is trying to destroy your friend, but, after all, he is my client". That should fly well (NOT). I'd like to be a fly on that wall.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next