George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention

+3
melbert
silly girl
theminis
7 posters

Go down

Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  Empty Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention

Post by theminis Thu 21 Nov 2013, 22:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Short film reveals the other side of Sandra Bullock's distress call in Gravity

DURING a key scene in the smash hit Gravity, Sandra Bullock's stranded-in-space astronaut has a frustrating radio conversation with a man on Earth speaking in a foreign language.

Director Alfonso Cuaron and his co-screenwriter son, Jonas, elected not to show the other side of the conversation in their film.

But Warner Home Video commissioned Jonas to make a 6 ½ minute companion short for next year's video release of Gravity - and Aningaaq turned out so spectacularly well that Warner has submitted this remarkable piece for the Academy Awards' Best Live Action Short competition.

Filmed on location in Greenland for $100,000, the short stars local Orto Ingnatiussen as an Inuit fisherman stationed on a remote fjord, and uses Bullock's voice from Gravity.

According to the Hollywood Reporter , Bullock told a Los Angeles crowd that the short, which has been screened at festivals in Venice and Telluride, is an "absolutely beautiful piece of loneliness …. I get goose bumps thinking about it.''

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  Empty Re: Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention

Post by silly girl Thu 21 Nov 2013, 23:30

Really well done....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention  Empty Re: Gravity - New Short Film - Oscar contention

Post by theminis Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:16

Found it interesting, even though I still haven't found my way to the cinema yet to see this movie - maybe tomorrow night (fingers crossed).
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:01

made me cry...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 04:45

theminis wrote:Found it interesting, even though I still haven't found my way to the cinema yet to see this movie - maybe tomorrow night (fingers crossed).
Dear son-in-law said that he was taking us once I am well enough. Today they come home with Batman & Robin to add to my collection.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Nov 2013, 06:32

I wasn't able to see till the end
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 22 Nov 2013, 07:02

Interesting little add on, nice touch for DVD buyers.

Whoever came up with the idea should get a big juicy bonus... $$$
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 07:40

Hmm it reminds me of some other docu / short film. Even the name Aningaaq is similar. Can´t remember the name now.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down