George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyYesterday at 9:08 pm by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 am by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 2:37 am by annemariew

» George in IF
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 pm by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 12:51 am by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 9:42 am by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 4:38 pm by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:20 pm by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 10:51 am by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature

4 posters

Go down

'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature Empty 'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature

Post by Mazy Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 pm

'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature
Friday, 18.10.2013, 11:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mexican director Alfonso Cuaron. ©AFP

Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron said Wednesday he was surprised by the success of his space thriller "Gravity" and insisted that it was too soon to think about the Oscars, AFP reports.

The film, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts adrift after a space accident, has garnered rave reviews and a North American box office record for an October release by earning $55.8 million in its debut weekend earlier this month.

"We did not expect such a response," Cuaron told a news conference during a presentation of his film in a Mexico City hotel.

The movie has generated an Oscars buzz and drawn comparisons to Stanley Kubrik's 1968 sci-fi classic "2001: A Space Odyssey" ever since it opened the Venice film festival in August.

But when asked whether "Gravity" could win more than one Academy Award, Cuaron said: "The truth is -- thinking, dreaming about it -- no. It is too early."

The film has won plaudits from legendary Hollywood directors Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and James Cameron, who called it "the best space film ever done."

Cuaron, who shot to fame with the 2001 Mexican drama "Y Tu Mama Tambien," said he had received calls and emails from colleagues offering praise.

"I understand this coming those whom I more or less know, but it's something else (to get calls) from old masters with whom I have no relationship and who suddenly communicate in this way," the 52-year-old director said.

"I can't ask for more," said Cuaron, who was accompanied by his 31-year-old son Jonas, who co-wrote the screenplay with him.

For more information see:http://en.tengrinews.kz/cinema_and_music/Gravity-director-Cuaron-says-Oscar-talk-premature-23378/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature Empty Re: 'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature

Post by ... Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:45 pm

The film has won plaudits from legendary Hollywood directors Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and James Cameron, who called it "the best space film ever done."
It's bound to get nominations.
Cuaron is being modest, which is good.

Topped box office third weekend in a row. Smile

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature Empty Re: 'Gravity' Director Cuaron Says Oscar Talk Premature

Post by it's me Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:51 pm

amazing
just seen
I have trouble in express how visually stunning it is
it deserves to be seen multiple times

to taste all details

-spoiler-
I was only a bit angry with the director
poor thing
near the end
all against her !! No 
Rolling Eyes 

G is great
as usual
really nice character
right for him! Very Happy Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:18 am

I simply can't wait to see it ... So much anticipation ...x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down