George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice

4 posters

Go down

Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice Empty Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice

Post by Katiedot Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:50

Hush! What's that I hear? Is it the sound of an Oscars campaign going into full swing? Why, I do believe it is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice

Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity," which stars two-time Oscar winner George Clooney and 2009 Best Actress champ Sandra Bullock as astronauts stranded in space, was the hit of the Venice filmfest on Wednesday.

Cuaron and Clooney are both favorites of this festival with the former feted for "Y Tu Mama Tambien" (2001) and "Children of Men" (2006) while the latter was lauded for "Good Night, and Good Luck" (2005) and "The Ides of March" (2011).

While "Gravity" screened out of competition here as the opening night film, it looks to be a major player at the Oscars. Cuaron, who lost his writing and editing Oscar bids for "Children of Men" to "The Departed," is in fifth place on our Best Director chart, right behind Clooney for "The Monuments Men."

With reviews like the following, will Cuaron move up the ranks? Vote at the bottom of this post using our easy drag-and-drop menu.

Justin Chang, Variety: "The director’s long-overdue follow-up to 'Children of Men' is at once a nervy experiment in blockbuster minimalism and a film of robust movie-movie thrills, restoring a sense of wonder, terror and possibility to the bigscreen that should inspire awe among critics and audiences worldwide.

Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter: "At once the most realistic and beautifully choreographed film ever set in space, 'Gravity' is a thrillingly realized survival story spiked with interludes of breath-catching tension and startling surprise."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice Empty Re: Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice

Post by it's me Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:55

Oh my
Already????
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice Empty Re: Oscar campaign for 'Gravity' boosted by reviews at Venice

Post by silly girl Wed 28 Aug 2013, 18:04

It will very crowded this year. I think Best Actress award is definitly going to be interesting.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 28 Aug 2013, 23:29

He has three films out this season: Gravity, Monument Men, and Osage County. How can he campaign for any of them? He can't choose one and to huckster all of them would be challenging.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 28 Aug 2013, 23:39

Better to relax!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down