George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention

+6
madjyo
Joanna
What Would He Say
melbert
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention Empty 12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention

Post by Katiedot Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:13

Poor guy. Seems like he's always going to get dragged into the baby conversation!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children

Posted: 09/20/2013

Perpetual bachelor Simon Cowell surprised fans when he confirmed that he was a expecting a baby -- and that he was happy about it. "These things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I'm happy," the once child-allergic "X Factor" judge told Ellen DeGeneres recently about his impending fatherhood (the mother of his child is girlfriend Lauren Silverman). "I'm actually happier than I've ever been."

But Cowell's change of heart appears more rare than common in Hollywood. Parenthood isn't for everybody, not least of all these 12 celebrities who have declared they were happy leading life without children. From George Clooney to Helen Mirren, check out our gallery below to see which stars have been outspoken about their decision not to have kids.

Chelsea Handler
"I definitely don't want to have kids. I don't think I'd be a great mother," Handler has admitted. "I don't want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don't have the time to raise a child myself."

Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt
"I'd be a terrible father!" Hamm told Us Weekly, much to the disappointment of the "Mad Men" star's fans. "I see my friends who have children and I'm like, 'Dude, how are you even upright, much less here at work at 6 AM?'"

George Clooney
Hollywood's most eligible bachelor is well-known on his stance on marriage and children. "I've always known fatherhood wasn't for me. Raising kids is a huge commitment and has to be your top priority. For me, that priority is my work. That's why I'll never get married again," Clooney told Australia's Daily Telegraph.

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi
"You have to really want to have kids, and neither of us did," de Rossi told Out Magazine. "So it’s just going to be me and Ellen and no babies -- but we’re the best of friends and married life is blissful, it really is."

Cameron Diaz
Diaz told Parade magazine in 2009: "I have an unbelievable life. In some ways, I have the life that I have because I don’t have children," she said. "I don’t think it’s a compromise to have children. I don’t think it’s a compromise not to. I think it’s just a different choice."

Ricky Gervais
"We never wanted to be parents, with all that entails: the loss of freedom, total dependency," the British comedian has said. “I’m the sort of person who has to check three times that I’ve shut the door, so I’d probably stare at a kid all day to check it was breathing."

Margaret Cho
In 20212, the outspoken comedian wrote on her blog why having kids wasn't in her destiny. "I don’t have children, and I am not sure if I have wanted them or never wanted them. It’s weird not to be able to decide. I don’t know if I could stand that kind of commitment, or if I am really honest, I don’t think that I could handle being that vulnerable to someone else."

Jay Leno and Mavis Leno
The late-night talk show host and wife of over 40 years have said that they never planned on having children. "I had made up my mind when I was little that I would never get married or have children, so I had no agenda," Mavis told the LA Times in 2009 (although she and Jay eventually did end up tying the knot, in 1980).

Renee Zellweger
Zellweger has been frank on her non-desire to have kids. “Motherhood has never been an ambition. I don’t think like that. I never have expectations like ‘when I’m 19 I’m going to do this, and by the time I’ve hit 25 I’m going to do that’. I just take things as they come, each day at a time, and if things happen, all well and good. I just want to be independent and be able to take care of myself. Anything else is just gravy.”

Janeane Garofalo
“I thought that I did. Now I realize that I don't. People think that you are a nasty, selfish person if you don’t want to have children," the comedian said.

Kim Catrall
"When I answered those questions regarding having children, I realized that so much of the pressure I was feeling was from outside sources, and I knew I wasn't ready to take that step into motherhood," Catrall wrote on Oprah.com about her realization she didn't want to have children. "Being a biological mother just isn't part of my experience this time around," she added.

Oprah Winfrey
Though the media mogul never wanted children for herself, she founded the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa in 2007 -- and now counts the girls in her school as "daughters." She said: "I never had children, never even thought I would have children. Now I have 152 daughters; expecting 75 more next year. That is some type of gestation period."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention Empty 12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention

Post by Katiedot Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:15

Poor guy. Seems like he's always going to get dragged into the baby conversation!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children

Posted: 09/20/2013

Perpetual bachelor Simon Cowell surprised fans when he confirmed that he was a expecting a baby -- and that he was happy about it. "These things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I'm happy," the once child-allergic "X Factor" judge told Ellen DeGeneres recently about his impending fatherhood (the mother of his child is girlfriend Lauren Silverman). "I'm actually happier than I've ever been."

But Cowell's change of heart appears more rare than common in Hollywood. Parenthood isn't for everybody, not least of all these 12 celebrities who have declared they were happy leading life without children. From George Clooney to Helen Mirren, check out our gallery below to see which stars have been outspoken about their decision not to have kids.

Chelsea Handler
"I definitely don't want to have kids. I don't think I'd be a great mother," Handler has admitted. "I don't want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don't have the time to raise a child myself."

Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt
"I'd be a terrible father!" Hamm told Us Weekly, much to the disappointment of the "Mad Men" star's fans. "I see my friends who have children and I'm like, 'Dude, how are you even upright, much less here at work at 6 AM?'"

George Clooney
Hollywood's most eligible bachelor is well-known on his stance on marriage and children. "I've always known fatherhood wasn't for me. Raising kids is a huge commitment and has to be your top priority. For me, that priority is my work. That's why I'll never get married again," Clooney told Australia's Daily Telegraph.

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi
"You have to really want to have kids, and neither of us did," de Rossi told Out Magazine. "So it’s just going to be me and Ellen and no babies -- but we’re the best of friends and married life is blissful, it really is."

Cameron Diaz
Diaz told Parade magazine in 2009: "I have an unbelievable life. In some ways, I have the life that I have because I don’t have children," she said. "I don’t think it’s a compromise to have children. I don’t think it’s a compromise not to. I think it’s just a different choice."

Ricky Gervais
"We never wanted to be parents, with all that entails: the loss of freedom, total dependency," the British comedian has said. “I’m the sort of person who has to check three times that I’ve shut the door, so I’d probably stare at a kid all day to check it was breathing."

Margaret Cho
In 20212, the outspoken comedian wrote on her blog why having kids wasn't in her destiny. "I don’t have children, and I am not sure if I have wanted them or never wanted them. It’s weird not to be able to decide. I don’t know if I could stand that kind of commitment, or if I am really honest, I don’t think that I could handle being that vulnerable to someone else."

Jay Leno and Mavis Leno
The late-night talk show host and wife of over 40 years have said that they never planned on having children. "I had made up my mind when I was little that I would never get married or have children, so I had no agenda," Mavis told the LA Times in 2009 (although she and Jay eventually did end up tying the knot, in 1980).

Renee Zellweger
Zellweger has been frank on her non-desire to have kids. “Motherhood has never been an ambition. I don’t think like that. I never have expectations like ‘when I’m 19 I’m going to do this, and by the time I’ve hit 25 I’m going to do that’. I just take things as they come, each day at a time, and if things happen, all well and good. I just want to be independent and be able to take care of myself. Anything else is just gravy.”

Janeane Garofalo
“I thought that I did. Now I realize that I don't. People think that you are a nasty, selfish person if you don’t want to have children," the comedian said.

Kim Catrall
"When I answered those questions regarding having children, I realized that so much of the pressure I was feeling was from outside sources, and I knew I wasn't ready to take that step into motherhood," Catrall wrote on Oprah.com about her realization she didn't want to have children. "Being a biological mother just isn't part of my experience this time around," she added.

Oprah Winfrey
Though the media mogul never wanted children for herself, she founded the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa in 2007 -- and now counts the girls in her school as "daughters." She said: "I never had children, never even thought I would have children. Now I have 152 daughters; expecting 75 more next year. That is some type of gestation period."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention Empty Re: 12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention

Post by melbert Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:45

This was so interesting you posted it twice!!!???? hahahahahaha
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention Empty Re: 12 Celebrities Who Have Said They Don't Want Children - George Clooney mention

Post by What Would He Say Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:46

Don't you just want to eat Oprah....so sensible, always....sunny cheers 

Plus

THE ABSOLUTE BEST MAGAZINE APP for your ipads !!!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:49

So you see.....George and Renee are totally compatible after all.
What did I tell you Mel ??
Thumbs up! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:11

Who knows if that quote is verbatim or paraphrased??
Is there an interview?
No.

The Daily Telegraph tabloid in Australia had an exclusive interview, did they? Or re-hashed existing stories.

In any case, raising children isn't what many people want or chose. And out of those, some do it for selfish reasons; others dedicate themselves to other causes.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sat 21 Sep 2013, 15:23

Any idea abt how many of those celebs had change of heart since their utterances? Just curious..
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 21 Sep 2013, 16:39

I am totally for equal rights.  How many of us that have had children ever thought about it before hand, saying yes or no about having children, Or when married or not gave a lot of care into that decision. Let's face it, it was what's expected. Why beats me. If I thought about it I might not have had any myself. If George or Oprah had their own children how much could they be doing for humanity. Their life styles and financials would be different. I do not picture George as an absenty father. I think if his marriage turned out different he might have wanted children at some point.

George genuinely cares about the children that are in his life. Whether it's family or his friends children. Seeing as there are no do-overs, it good to know what's in your heart.

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sat 21 Sep 2013, 16:55

Well....
George may change his mind and get married...& even have a child or two. I dunno 

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Sep 2013, 18:20

His "quote" sounds like what his sister Ada said
about him some months ago !

Rolling Eyes 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Sep 2013, 18:26

Katie I think this needs making into one thread ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 20:22

News flash! No need to have kids!

I love kids so I recommend them! Smile

However, it´s good to prepare for the future. So maybe start already a wine collection for your kids. Add a bottle every month or so. Phenomenal gift in twenty years and if it doesn´t happen you can have it yourself. Cheers.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Sep 2013, 21:10

LOOL !!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 21 Sep 2013, 22:27

Joanna wrote:Katie I think this needs making into one thread ?
Yes so now it is x
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 22 Sep 2013, 00:02

madjyo wrote:Any idea abt how many of those celebs had change of heart since their utterances? Just curious..

No Madjyo, I don't think there are any numbers or percentages of ppl who changed their minds and had children.....

BUT....I often visit friend with kids who say "wtf was I thinking of ????" ....  Surprised
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sun 22 Sep 2013, 01:28

Thanks WWHS, for ur response. Then all must be Taureans. Is there any other zodiac which is supposed to be stubborn?  Laughing
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down