George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight

+14
bunny
Atalante
Casey
Stonehenge who?
lolo"layla"
PigLove
it's me
Merlin
ladydi
sisieq
Katiedot
melbert
Dexterdidit
laetval
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight Empty George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight

Post by laetval Mon 10 Jan 2011, 18:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The full first week of "Piers Morgan Tonight" guests: from Oprah to Clooney

We've already announced Oprah Winfrey will be the premiere guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" – January 17, 9pmET/PT. It was taped last week, and Oprah called it "one of the toughest interviews I've had in 20 years." More on that to come later this week.

But for now, we can reveal the rest of the packed first week (and some future guests) – beginning with the King Of All Media.

• Tuesday, January 18: Howard Stern

• Wednesday, January 19: Condoleezza Rice

• Thursday, January 20: Ricky Gervais

Friday, January 21: George Clooney and his father Nick Clooney

As for the next few weeks, guests will include Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Kid Rock, Rod Stewart, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, Donald and Melania Trump and more!
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight Empty Re: George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:02

I guess I will have to stop ignoring Piers show! Just for George and Nick though.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight Empty Re: George & Nick on Piers Morgan Tonight

Post by melbert Tue 11 Jan 2011, 01:50

I really don't care for Piers, but I will watch next Friday for George and Nick!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 11 Jan 2011, 02:24

Oooh, I wonder if George knows what he's letting himself in for.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 11 Jan 2011, 19:40

This will be the first time for American TV/Cable to watch Piers. I'm guessing this has already been taped. Maybe when he was back scouting for the film?

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 13 Jan 2011, 13:57

Tweet : My other interview today is with.....drum roll... George Clooney. Wonder how he'll cope with being only 2nd biggest heart-throb in the room?
Il y a 17 minutes via web
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Thu 13 Jan 2011, 18:12

laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tweet : My other interview today is with.....drum roll... George Clooney. Wonder how he'll cope with being only 2nd biggest heart-throb in the room?
Il y a 17 minutes via web

Right, Nick will be the first! Smile

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 14 Jan 2011, 05:22

Has George gone to London maybe?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 14 Jan 2011, 07:23

Why London Dexterdidit?
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:08

Tweets :

What a day - Howard Stern at lunchtime, George Clooney at teatime. Both remarkable, revealing and fascinating. Need a celebratory drink...
about 9 hours ago via web

@lilyroseallen You'll change your mind. They always do. Right, must dash - Clooney awaits.
about 13 hours ago via web en réponse à lilyroseallen

ps @lilyroseallen I'm interviewing George Clooney about his campaigning work in the Sudan today. He doesn't want a penny, just awareness.
about 16 hours ago via web
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Jan 2011, 12:51

Although the interview seems to have been filmed, am I understanding rightly that this won't be aired till the 21st January? Not tonight?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jan 2011, 13:14

Yes. The show is called 'Piers Morgan Tonight', replacing Larry King's slot which went out weekday nights. The Tonight refers to 'nightly'.

I'm quite interested to see these. Piers is a tit but I like him, and he knows how to get a good interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 14 Jan 2011, 15:54

George Clooney: a new look that talk!

Leaving last night recording studios of CNN, George Clooney was spotted with a new look: a goatee and a thin mustache.

Hair more gray, but the costume always impeccable actor George militant, in turn launches a new trend in hair, which could fly in Hollywood. Remains whether this new style that appeals to the beautiful Elisabetta Canalis?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 14 Jan 2011, 18:10

Dexterdidit wrote:Has George gone to London maybe?

His verified twitter account says New York. So, if he use to live in London (if that was were his international show was located) he must have moved to New York. Piers could have flown out to Los Angeles, but that would mean that Howard Stern did, too, as he also lives in or around New York city.

Doesn't seem to be anything about Nick though. Unless Nick will be remote from somewhere else.

Last edited by sisieq on Fri 14 Jan 2011, 18:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added very last sentence.)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 14 Jan 2011, 20:33

Morgan to grill Clooney on new show

George Clooney, Ricky Gervais and Condoleezza Rice will be among the first guests to appear on Piers Morgan Tonight, it has been revealed.

The former Daily Mirror editor is taking over at the helm of CNN's nightly chat show following the retirement of veteran Larry King, who presented his own version of the programme for 25 years.

The first instalment of Piers Morgan Tonight is due to air in the US on Monday, January 17th, with Oprah Winfrey lined up as Morgan's first interviewee.

Clooney, Gervais and Rice will follow in the first week, along with the likes of Rod Stewart and Donald Trump.

The host has promised to capture the public's imagination in whatever way he can.

Speaking of his desire to avoid being pigeonholed as a "saintly" TV figure, Morgan said: "I think television should be provocative.

"You have got to be more aggressive. You have got to be louder. I want you guys to be writing about this show regularly, good, bad or ugly."

UK viewers can see Morgan's debut on CNN International at 02:00 GMT on Tuesday, January 18th.

The show will be repeated on the channel at 12:00 and 20:00 on the same day.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 14 Jan 2011, 20:56

Tuesday, January 18th ?????????????????????????????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 15 Jan 2011, 02:47

It's Me, I read this to mean that in the States we'll see his first show on Monday, the 17th and then it will be broadcast for the UK viewers at 2:00. which would account for the time difference.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Jan 2011, 03:49

Exactly. It looks like CNN (in the US) and CNN international will broadcast at the same time, and as Europe is ahead of the US by some hours, that's why it's the next day in the middle of the night.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 15 Jan 2011, 04:51

Yay, I was finally right about something!!!! Cheerleader
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 15 Jan 2011, 11:11

Timezones can be so difficult. So when does Oz get it?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 15 Jan 2011, 14:23

Midnight, Wed. 1-19-11, I think??!! Brain explode
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 16 Jan 2011, 18:13

George and Nick will be on Friday night for the U.S.

I was flying on JetBlue which have individual televisions for each seat with Direct TV hookup. I was watching CNN news and saw the commercial for his opening week.

In the commercial, Nick was in the studio sitting across from Piers and George was on a video screen. George must have filmed his from the CNN building in Los Angeles.

They aired one question -

Piers (to George): If you could relive one moment in your life, what would it be?

George: To do this interview again.

----------------
We all know that one should read "between the lines" when George jokes, so I'm guessing George is hinting that it wasn't an easy interview.

In the commercial both Oprah and Condaleza Rice said it was a tough interview.

I hope we can find it somewhere on-line because I don't have cable.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 16 Jan 2011, 18:34

For those who want to follow Piers -

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Jan 2011, 19:24

He didn't go to NYC to be with his dad on his birthday and film this interview???!!!! WTP!!!??? That just pisses me off!!!! Maybe he feels like he'll make it up to his folks while he's filming in Cincy?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Sun 16 Jan 2011, 20:32

SisieQ, I'm with you! (no cable) I might try to find a nice friend to accomodate me.
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 17 Jan 2011, 00:23

PigLove wrote:SisieQ, I'm with you! (no cable) I might try to find a nice friend to accomodate me.

LOL, than you have to figure out a really good reason why only this interview and none of the others. clown

Wait, just thought of one - tell friend its because you are hoping to hear news about Sudan. It has nothing to do with George himself. ROTFLOL!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 19 Jan 2011, 15:04

George/Nick Clooney: Friday, Jan. 21
George Clooney, and his father Nick Clooney, talk politics, Sudan, family and more.

Sounds interesting no? Smile
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Jan 2011, 19:53

we will see

as usual
ormai
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 19 Jan 2011, 20:04

For UK viewers the show is repeated a day later on CNN SKY Channel 506 at 8.00 pm...so George and Nick should be on Saturday 22nd.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 20 Jan 2011, 14:36

Guess what is Nick's answer

Tweet : @piersmorgan: And tomorrow night on @PiersTonight, find out what happens when I ask George Clooney's dad if his son should remarry.....#intriguing
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Thu 20 Jan 2011, 16:07

OMG Laetval! Now I MUST see this interview. Luckily, the boy I'm dating has cable and said "Sure, if it gets you hot, we can watch George Clooney."

Smile
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 20 Jan 2011, 18:17

Isn't the standard public answer from his parents is "I/we don't get involved with his personal life"???

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 20 Jan 2011, 22:24

yeb, but is whole interview shared with Nick

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 02:56

and Piers is asking Nick if George is getting married again? Oh come on already!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Jan 2011, 03:10

Hm, Piers is asking Nick if he (Nick) thinks George should re-marry. Not quite the same question as if he (George) is getting married again.

I expect a generic answer and a funny quip before they move off the subject with no meaningful information given.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 21 Jan 2011, 05:11

Yep Nick has a stock standard answer as does george!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Jan 2011, 05:50

I wonder if George got Nick to be there to help sidestep the personal stuff. LOL! I have to think that George knew exactly what type of interviewer Piers is and came prepared.

Okay, peeps - I want good note taking and blogging here while the show is on - LOL!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 21 Jan 2011, 06:03

but do u think he said something he did not like he was not happy leaving in pic laetval post befor ,right.?

hi , i was going to do that but could't . can any one help to start poll about the programme and expectations and whether we like it ,the rules did not allow me any one interested?

Thumbs up! i pass clooney virgin wow

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Jan 2011, 09:52

Thx Lucilla! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Transcript of Ricky Gervais's interview - At this end there is a short summary of Piers next show with George's interview)

MORGAN: Tomorrow night, George Clooney opens up about everything, from his fight to save Sudan, to his family values, and the Malaria that he recently contracted.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GERVAIS: What do your parents mean to you? What values do you think they instilled in you as a young -- a young George?

GEORGE CLOONEY, ACTOR: My father taught me never to mix grain and grape at a very young age.

And that's -- and I can't tell you how important that's been over my -- over the years.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Jan 2011, 14:58

George Clooney on marriage: 'I gave it a shot'

If you think this is the year George Clooney will finally settle down, don't hold your breath.

In an interview airing on Friday's "Piers Morgan Tonight," he told both Morgan and his own father that his one marriage, to actress Talia Balsam that ended in 1993, was enough.

Morgan pointed out that George's father, Nick, who appeared on the show with him, had "one of the great marriages." Nick Clooney has been married to his wife, Nina -- George's mother -- for more than 50 years. Morgan asked whether, as a parent, Nick was "yearning for the moment" his son would walk down the aisle.

Nick Clooney turned to his son and said, "I want you to think about that. I want you to think about -- we've been married -- Nina and I've been married 51 years."

"I hate to blow your whole news story," said the younger Clooney, "but I was married, so I gave it a shot."

Clooney said the "shot" he gave marriage ought to have "proven how good I was at it."

Clooney also said his dad taught him that he has an inherent responsibility to share his luck and good fortune with others. Clooney said his father urged him "to help look out for people that are less fortunate than you and to challenge people that are in power."

Clooney also said his career luck came late and pointed out that his acting successes came relatively late.

"I did eight television series before "ER" hit and if we didn't get a Thursday night at 10 o'clock time slot, you know, I wouldn't have the career that I have."

When Morgan asked Clooney if he was considering following in the footsteps of other Hollywood A-listers who ventured into the political arena, the actor dashed any hopes of a President George Clooney: "Honestly, my job is as good as they get."

"I think that I am best suited as an advocate for issues," said Clooney. "And I look to people who are far smarter and far better at this than I am to lead."

His primary issue now is the situation in Sudan. Earlier this month, Clooney continued his ongoing humanitarian efforts to shed light on deadly violence in the troubled border area of Abyei. Clooney was a firsthand witness to the voting process that will most likely lead to independence for Southern Sudan.

Clooney also told Morgan he contracted malaria while in Sudan, but said he's no longer infected with the disease, and even made light of the situation, saying, "Even with malaria, it's just good fun." Clooney, who has been infected with malaria twice, joked, "I guess the mosquito in Juba looked at me and thought I was the bar."

When Morgan asked whether Clooney gets angry when people say he's wasting his time in Sudan and that his charity work is for "self-aggrandizing reasons," Clooney told Morgan, "I don't need to be more famous."

"I've got all the attention I need," Clooney continued, "and I'm just trying to use that attention on other people."
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehenge who? Fri 21 Jan 2011, 15:11

"Even with malaria, it's just good fun"
Ouch that's bad! Bricks

Lucky man, he contracted the VIP malaria. Famous people get VIP malaria. They can recover in ten days and tell everybody how they suffered and how many times they got sick. Africans just die quietly. Tsk tsk. Shame.

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Fri 21 Jan 2011, 16:23

Stonehenge who? wrote:"

Lucky man, he contracted the VIP malaria. Famous people get VIP malaria. They can recover in ten days and tell everybody how they suffered and how many times they got sick. Africans just die quietly. Tsk tsk. Shame.

You win, Stonehenge, for having the best remark in the last 24 hours! Seriously, that was right on!

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 22:34

They didn't write that up exactly right. Piers started to say he wanted to know what it was like to be George Clooney (or words to that effect) and then brought up the malaria. I took the "it's just good fun" comment as a reply to Piers' original statement.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 21 Jan 2011, 22:36

George Clooney doesn't mind getting his picture taken. He just doesn't want to look dumb doing it.

Of course one of the biggest movie stars in the world has gotten (somewhat) used to the idea of paparazzi following his every move. But he does draw the line with the photogs at a certain point, he tells Piers Morgan in an interview airing tonight.

What's his specific beef with the paps?

MORE: The George Clooney movie footage you never saw

After Clooney's big malaria revelation, Morgan asked him where the line is for him when it comes to being followed and photographed in his everyday life, calling him one of the "most photographed guys in the world" and wondering where Clooney's boundaries are.

"You know, where you draw the line? I don't know where you draw the line," Clooney tells him, but then reveals what really gets under his skin. "I always, you know, I'm disturbed by the idea that you're not trying to catch me doing something stupid, you're trying to create me doing something stupid."

Come on, how can this guy ever look stupid? Well, he can sometimes still have to control himself when these guys taunt him.

"When I'm walking through an airport, you got a camera in front of me and you ask me, 'Hey, who's the fat girl you're walking next to?' or something like that. That's not trying to catch me doing something dumb, that's trying to make me do something dumb."

The interview airs tonight on CNN.

Last edited by lolo on Fri 21 Jan 2011, 22:57; edited 2 times in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 22:38

Oh jeeze George! That's an old quote too!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Fri 21 Jan 2011, 22:42

Piers is certainly getting a lot of press. I wonder if there will be anything in the interview we haven't already seen?

It doesn't look like I'm going to get to watch it. Sad I love my homebody Fridays too much to see the boy. So do as Sisieq says and TAKE NOTES!!!

Please and thank you. Smile
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 22:54

I am going to watch it, even if it's rehashing old quotes. I want to see him and I want to see Nick. Don't care that much for Piers. I do think that Piers is milking this to the max. Maybe some find him refreshing - me not so much. But, George and Nick, they could read the phone book and I'd listen and watch!!! Reading (I know that's a paper, but there aren't any phone book smilies!!)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Fri 21 Jan 2011, 23:21

WAITAMINUTE, THERE'S NO PHONE BOOK SMILEY FOR MELBERT???!!!!

affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek! affraid Eeek!

PS: What about this one? --> Reading
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 23:32

That's closer PigLove!! Thanks for watching out for me!! Luv ya more than my luggage!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 23:33

OMG!!! That post makes "666". I AM the devil!!! Twisted Evil
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next