George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president

+12
fava
lelacorb
party animal - not!
playfuldeb
George Fan
pattygirl
davidarochelle
phys major
annemarie
it's me
Joanna
Katiedot
16 posters

Go down

Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president Empty Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 May 2012, 11:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president

May 13, 2012

CNN host Piers Morgan looks at George Clooney and sees a contender. "Whenever I see George Clooney, I always get a sneaking feeling that we may one day be considering him as a serious candidate for president," he told guest Rob Reiner on Friday night. Reiner called Clooney "deep" and "articulate" but was unaware of the actor's political aspirations.

All this speculation despite the fact that Clooney has never even played a president in a movie. Until that day comes, Bill Pullman, Harrison Ford, and Michael Keaton all have a leg up on Clooney for the title.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president Empty Re: Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 11:57

Poor Piers...does he need some publicity for his show ?
Obviously he's not done his research into George's quoted
negative reasons about going into politics.

But then again....could that be GTC's greatest prank ever ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president Empty Re: Piers Morgan predicts George Clooney will run for president

Post by it's me Mon 14 May 2012, 13:21

ooooooooohuffffffffff
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 14 May 2012, 13:43

Never gonna happen not in a million years.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:14

I do believe that if George had lived his life differently he would have gone into politics...To see if he could change the world, what better way!!!! if you don't like what you see step up and make a difference..
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 14 May 2012, 15:33

I disagree. G knows he would have to make WAY too many compromises to get anything accomplished. His bills would be completely watered down; how frustrating.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 14 May 2012, 15:40

I agree, dr.

pm, I think George has "stepped up" and is trying to make a difference. He has brought Darfur and Sudan to the eyes of the "civilized" world. He has used his fame and his money to do this. He has done the same for many other important issues. He also has quietly contributed to a myriad number of worth causes and charities.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 16:18

He knows he can achieve more in his own way, as he is without having to compromise.

A query please, from the other side of the pond.

Do actors go into politics when they've achieved all they can in
the entertainment industry ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 16:51

I agree part girl..I am just saying if his life had taken a different direction he would have ..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 16:58

Why do you think that phys ? Has he ever hinted at it ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 17:04

George is politically and socially minded he has uses his celebrity status to make a difference..had he not gone into acting what better way to make a difference..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Mon 14 May 2012, 17:19

Piers is really reaching out on a limb with that comment. He is so not in tune with American politics at all. Clooney is "deep" says Reiner? Wow, that makes Reiner pretty shallow with that thought. Articulate yes, deep no.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 17:21

Thanks phys... I see Thumbs up!

He did say once that he'd done too many drugs and had too many women to go into politics lol!
So maybe he's wise to keep out.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 14 May 2012, 17:23

@Joanna - Ronald Reagan is the only actor I've known to become President, and I think he was an amazing President
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 14 May 2012, 17:33

Joanna,
Like opening a restaurant, politicians thrive on publicity and fame. Just as people will select a place to eat because they admire the A-lister that owns it, there are those that will make a special effort to read what a superstar says. If G were running for office he would have no trouble in raising funds for his campaign, getting the paps to cover his public appearances, having crowds of admirers to show up and applaud. However G has chosen to use these advantages to MC specific televised fundraisers, to draw light on catastrophes, and to back a president who espouses many of his political and social views. Very smart move, G.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 17:42

Thanks playful & davida...what about "I'll be back Arnie ?"

Did he go into politics because his film work finished or was he always a political animal ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 14 May 2012, 18:25

Joanna,
As an ex-Angeleno I can tell you that the Republican Party was struggling in California, even before the great influence of immigrants who traditionally vote Democratic. Arnold was very popular as a newcomer achieving the American Dream. And he married a scion of a famous Democratic family. While I'm sure that the conservative element in the Republican Party would have preferred a more traditional candidate, they were smart enough to realize that unlike the current national contest, they were never going to win unless they had a candidate with strong independent and moderate appeal. The crowds that came to Arnold's public appearances broke records. Apparently they were not aware of Arnold's dalliances and attitudes towards girls on his movie sets. I have been told by a number of insiders that although Arnold pushed himself to the limits, his command of English was so bad that they had to constantly change the script to accommodate him. But clearly the Republican party felt that he would make a great "figurehead" and that his advisers could do most of the work, and cover up for his "indiscretions." By the way California was in serious economic trouble, and were increasing car registration fees and cutting services. Big advantage for the opposing party. And no I'm not going off-topic, because G would put himself in the exact same position as Arnold if he ran for office. The power behind the Democratic Party would "whitewash" his indiscretions and provide advisers to fulfill the job. Still don't think it's the direction G would like to go.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 May 2012, 19:04

I seem to remember Piers asking GTC that very question on CNN on a post-Sudan trip early last year, and the response was something along the lines of 'Why on earth would I want to do that? This way I don't have to answer to anyone. I can say that I believe in what I'm doing and bring attention to it, and people can decide whether they want to hate me and my opinions or whether they want to listen'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 19:20

Thanks davida.

Yes I remember that comment too by George, party animal....he woudn't have to compromise his beliefs.

He's also said he saw what a dirty game politics was when his father Nick tried for office a couple of years ago.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 May 2012, 19:41

Joanna your avatar is beautiful where did you find?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 19:51

lelacorb wrote:Joanna your avatar is beautiful where did you find?

O K u k have lots of pictures of him. Use the search box to find them !

I LOVED the girly scarf Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 14 May 2012, 20:10

Joanna wrote:A query please, from the other side of the pond.

Do actors go into politics when they've achieved all they can in
the entertainment industry ?

Unfortunately Joanna, name recognition and money are a huge advantage when running for election in the US. Not only Reagan, but Schwartzenegger, Sonny Bono, Fred Thompson, Jesse Ventura and that guy from Love Boat!

Can't see George ever doing it--he enjoys his current career and lifestyle too much.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 14 May 2012, 20:30

palim palim palim

ce sera sera......

whatever will be will be

ttfn
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 20:33

I do hope he doesn't get the bug from recent events !

Noooo....he couldn't.....could he ? hidingbehindsofa affraid
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 14 May 2012, 20:38

ok

it's ok
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Mon 14 May 2012, 23:12

President Clooney gives his first press conference from the Oval Office:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey, it could happen...not. Dream on Piers. Razz

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 23:43

Hey great picture Astras !! Thanks...did you make it ??

Silly me...now found out where it is ! lol!

Last edited by Joanna on Tue 15 May 2012, 00:33; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 May 2012, 23:44

not

right
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 May 2012, 00:04

I originally meant the size of the left hand, not the shape I M.

But the right hand does look like it.... hidingbehindsofa lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 May 2012, 00:35

Joanna wrote:Hey great picture Astras !! Thanks...did you make it ??

Silly me...now found out where it is ! Duh.... headbang
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Tue 15 May 2012, 01:19

Ha ha! It's over on your side of the pond I believe Joanna! It's a good likeness though. At least from a distance you can't really tell it's wax.
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by caudata Tue 15 May 2012, 15:06

It's wax? Wow.
caudata
caudata
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 May 2012, 19:33

Details about the picture Astras posted above....

18 Oct 2011, London, England, UK
The waxwork of U.S actor and director George Clooney is posed within the replica Oval Office at Maddame Tussauds, London, Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011.
George Clooney plays a presidential candidate in his latest film, The Ides of March. (AP Photo/Jonathan Short) ---
Image by © Jonathan Short/AP/Corbis
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by caudata Tue 15 May 2012, 23:52

Thanks for the info Joanna!
caudata
caudata
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 17 May 2012, 05:33

playfuldeb wrote:@Joanna - Ronald Reagan is the only actor I've known to become President, and I think he was an amazing President

Reagan was effective as a President but he started it with a lie to the American people.

At the time of the election season Americans had being held hostage in Iran for many months. The hostages were released the day after Reagan was sworn in and he was able to claim a "victory" that helped to propel his popularity.

Much later it was claimed that Reagan and his team had negotiated with the terrorists to WAIT until he was President before releasing the hostages. So for his POLITICAL GAIN those hostages were held longer than they might have been held.

I find that act reprehensible - but no different from every politician who sends others into harms way for their political gain.

Allegations surfaced that William Casey, director of the Reagan campaign, and some CIA operatives, secretly met with Iranian officials in Europe to arrange for the hostages' release, but not until after the election. If true, some observers aver, dealing with a hostile foreign government to achieve a domestic administration's defeat would have been grounds for charges of treason.

Reagan won the election, partly because of the failure of the Carter administration to bring the hostages home. Within minutes of Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were released. Under Reagan, the Iran-Contra Affair completes this story

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down