George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up?

+32
OofOof
noodle
pandabear
janieb
playfuldeb
silly girl
George Fan
adgran
Merlin
Pari
kat2030
bellybaby
Michelle meyers
The next mrs clooney
blubelle
fava
it's me
Duffy
Lakin460
Henway
annemarie
fluffy
m4rose
cindigirl
lelacorb
phys major
lucy
lovelylois
party animal - not!
davidarochelle
Joanna
Katiedot
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Do you think George and Stacy have broken up?

Yes

No

View results

Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 Empty Re: Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up?

Post by lelacorb Sun 13 May 2012, 12:30

annemarie wrote:Stacy was there so she was a guest of George's and maybe his hostess in his house for the event. Stacy had her friends wedding if there was a problem and she didn't want to go the perfect way out. There was no guest list announced for this so no one would have known if she were expected officially or not.

Among the wedding of a friend and an event organized by his (perhaps!) Stacy's boyfriend had no choice because if he had chosen the wedding of a friend what we thought? and gossip would be triggered (even the wrath of George)
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up? - Page 4 Empty Re: Have George Clooney and Stacy Keibler broken up?

Post by annemarie Sun 13 May 2012, 12:44

Stacey going to a friends wedding that was planned for a while maybe even before this event with George would have been an easy out. Much better than she had to work which not many people believed for the Washington event.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 13 May 2012, 14:20

This relationship seems like some kind of undercover retaliation for a drug deal gone wrong!

(disclaimer: I am not insinuating either one of them is a drug dealer so please do not get your panties in a bundle over my statement!)
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 13 May 2012, 14:34

I don't get my panties but sorry I don't understand what you mean!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Sun 13 May 2012, 14:35

Okay for non-Americans on here. The maximum you are allowed to donate per individual candidate is $2500 personally. The way you get around that is either by donating to PAC's (unlimited amounts), (political action committees). or national committees - $30K or so, also corporations can donate. The other way to get around is by events, voila Clooney fundraiser. You are really buying a ticket to the event, this is how they get around the laws, totally messed up but they all do it. Now I am sure George and whatever corporation he owns bought tables at the events. This way you can donate more. She may have purchased too, if she really has as much money as networth.com says she has and she believes in him, who knows. I think we are all speculating a bit too much, not sure how they report events with campaign finance reporting, and I am guessing we will never know.

As far as going to the event, if you donated before and had the money you could go. Since this was run by the Obama campaign. As a donor and a person who has gone to events before, I received an invitation, not just the email contest invitation which I also received. If I wanted to give what would have amounted to over $80,000 I could have gone too. If I had known we had so much interest would have seen if we could have pooled it together and sent someone. Next time.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 13 May 2012, 14:48

Lelacorb,
"Don't get your panties in a bundle" or "don't get your panties in a bunch" are just expressions, and mean the same thing as "don't overreact" or don't get too upset over what I'm saying. Literally it refers so the common occurrence of girls' underpants getting bunched up in the back and making them feel physically uncomfortable.

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 13 May 2012, 15:19

does anyone understand the concept of fundraising dinners and events? They are to raise money and everyone who attends pays per plate. So if you bring a plus one you pay for their plate too!! Guess people on this site have never been to fundraising dinners. Analaxa, the math does speak for itself and it has nothing to do with the dislike of Stacy it is to do with the FACTS that are all over each newspaper providing the details of how many people attending (the 150included the plus ones as there were 14 tables) do you think the plus ones had to stand???? now you are showing that your odic has gone out of the window. If you don't like my posts then ignore them but never never try to make me out to be stupid or illogic. (yes I am extremely pissed at he moment due to the personal attacks I have received). THE MATH SPEAKS FOR ITSELF AND IS NOT ILLOGICAL SO BACK OFF!!!!!
Many of my comments are made in fun as I thought this was a fun forum where we could discuss our own opinions and share crazy theories just for fun. Guess I was wrong and maybe the IMdb trolls have a point.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Sun 13 May 2012, 15:36

Next Mrs. Clooney you are right, and I do love your name by the way. My only thinking is that big time donors like George, who aren't sleazy, do everything they can to legally donate more money. One way is to buy tables at the events, a legal way to get more money for the cause. I believe he bought several tables, again no proof, but it is how I have seen it happen. So the $40K for Stacy is just a donation really. Does it mean they are really a committed pair. No I don't believe whether he paid for her attendance or not has anything to do with their relationship. He could be madly in love, or about to break up who knows. I don't think people can garner much info from this event, but I do find it interesting that the event she attends is the one that allows him to give more money to a president he wants reelected. Not the White House Dinner or the Correspondents Dinner where the ability to give an increased donation is not there.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 13 May 2012, 15:43

Thanks Madsky!!! I am not saying Stacy shelled out the 40K herself although it would be a good tax break for her. My point has simply been that her ticket was paid for whether it be by her or by George or by his company. It is an event to raise money, it's not a simple dinner like the WHCD and the price is always per plate not per person and their plus one.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 13 May 2012, 15:53

So since this is the Have George and Stacy broken up thread I am going to say no. I think they hit a rough spot before the Correspondence Dinner and that is why she did not go. IMO,she was out and about alone to show the gossip sites they she is busy actress and that she can have independent life from George. I don't think she has moved in, but she has a place in the closet and has a draw. I can't see George hanging out at her place. From what I have observed and read, I do find their relationship strange how it began and the way they acted on ther red carpet. It is definitely not your normal couple, but they are together. He definitely has some issues when it comes to relationships and women. She might even have some issues also. I think we are going to see her at Como and maybe into fall. She should enjoy herself, because it will all come to end within the next few months and then there will be another girl.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 13 May 2012, 16:47

davidarochelle wrote:Lelacorb,
"Don't get your panties in a bundle" or "don't get your panties in a bunch" are just expressions, and mean the same thing as "don't overreact" or don't get too upset over what I'm saying. Literally it refers so the common occurrence of girls' underpants getting bunched up in the back and making them feel physically uncomfortable.

Thanks I learned another American expression now
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 13 May 2012, 16:51

I think they had a disagreement and she didn't go with him to Washington. They have made up and in the people interview she let everyone know they are living together. I don't think she will be gone anytime soon I still believe she is the three or more year girl.
As how they were acting in the beginning to me no two relationships are alike George handled this differently than the others keeping Stacy out of the camera view. Maybe they were testing the waters to see if they could be together, maybe she wasn't ready for that much attention who knows.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 13 May 2012, 16:55

Lelacorb,
There are so many American expressions, some of which are very funny. Another benefit to being on COH.

The next Mrs. Clooney,
I also have worked planning charity dinners at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Typically chairs and sponsors buy tables and invite their business associates and close friends as an honor. They also pay for their own seat; they can easily afford it. Can you calculate the thousands of dollars of publicity G got for this dinner? Worth all the expenses he had to incur to get his property ready for the event. It also improved his status and power in Hollywood which is generally wary of the very conservative leanings of the Republican Party. Smart of Pres. Obama to come out as strongly pro-gay before the dinner.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 17:02

@Next Mrs Clooney - The point re logic going out the window was a general one, not aimed at you specifically, as was the bit about people insisting she only attended by default rather than design. I was rushing, just making the points I wanted to make. My apologies for not clarifiying that.

But my point stands though, that's my overriding impression of what I read on this forum.

I have been to fundraising dinners, I understand exactly how they work, thanks. This is George Clooney we're talking about here, hosting an event in his own home and calling the shots. But it's really not worth arguing over so I'm leaving it there.

Clooney is entertainment to me, I don't take much of what he does seriously. Which is probably why I don't get the outrage over Keibler. She is what she is, comes across as nice but dumb, but hey ho, Clooney obviously likes that in a woman - otherwise, he wouldn't be with her and taking her to high profile events like this. Far as I can see, she's just doing her thing and making the most of the opportunities he's giving her. Bottom line, he choose her, he's the one responsible for giving her the high media profile she now has. Which is why I question why so much of the criticism is directed at her.

Seems to me if people have a problem with her, it's him they need to be looking at.

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 13 May 2012, 17:50

Anxala wrote:@Next Mrs Clooney - The point re logic going out the window was a general one, not aimed at you specifically, as was the bit about people insisting she only attended by default rather than design. I was rushing, just making the points I wanted to make. My apologies for not clarifiying that.

But my point stands though, that's my overriding impression of what I read on this forum.

I have been to fundraising dinners, I understand exactly how they work, thanks. This is George Clooney we're talking about here, hosting an event in his own home and calling the shots. But it's really not worth arguing over so I'm leaving it there.

Clooney is entertainment to me, I don't take much of what he does seriously. Which is probably why I don't get the outrage over Keibler. She is what she is, comes across as nice but dumb, but hey ho, Clooney obviously likes that in a woman - otherwise, he wouldn't be with her and taking her to high profile events like this. Far as I can see, she's just doing her thing and making the most of the opportunities he's giving her. Bottom line, he choose her, he's the one responsible for giving her the high media profile she now has. Which is why I question why so much of the criticism is directed at her.

Seems to me if people have a problem with her, it's him they need to be looking at.

I agree with you!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4