George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney?

+14
it's me
ktsue2002
Mazy
Rainy
GiGi
silly girl
NotAvailable
annemarie
melbert
Katiedot
LornaDoone
Lighterside
Joanna
pattygirl
18 posters

Go down

Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? Empty Re: Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney?

Post by pattygirl Sat 25 May 2013, 12:59

Hey Katie! Do you think you should change the name of this forum to KieblerOpenHouse? Every time I log on, I find more on Stacey than on George. This am - 5 items on SK and 3 actually on GTC. What gives, yesterday was even worse.
I personally don't give a sh*t about what SK is doing unless she's doing it with George. This is worse that the continued EC item. I know they have their followers, but why not go to a site dedicated to them, or start one of their own, like you did for George.
I know I'm starting another brouhaha, but really, how many want to read about what SK is doing wrong, wearing wrong, looking too thin, bony, too tan, orangy, etc.?
This is George's House, and even though he has his detractors (sometimes too many for my taste), but at least it's about George.
Sorry, just had to have my say.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? Empty Re: Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney?

Post by Joanna Sat 25 May 2013, 13:31

You made a good point patty girl, one which many would agree
with I imagine.....but what can be done ?

Hope you're keeping well now flower
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 25 May 2013, 16:52

Hi Jo-
I'm keeping myself very well, moving around pretty good, not even a cane(unless I have long distances to walk).
Glad someone got my point, I figured I'd just get "attacked".
I wish I knew what could be done. At least I got it off my chest.
Hope all is well with you in jolly old England.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 25 May 2013, 17:09

Well said pattygirl and long overdue in my opinion.

ETA: In Katie's defense though, she has commented on the same situation on more than one occasion, that the conversations here tend to be directed more toward "the girlfriend of" rather than George, who is supposed to be the focus of this forum.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 May 2013, 19:07

pattygirl wrote:Hi Jo-
I'm keeping myself very well, moving around pretty good, not even a cane(unless I have long distances to walk).
Glad someone got my point, I figured I'd just get "attacked".
I wish I knew what could be done. At least I got it off my chest.
Hope all is well with you in jolly old England.

I'm OK thanks patty and pleased that you are too now.
Jolly old England is taking it's time to warm up weather wise ! Lol

Have a good weekend.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 26 May 2013, 00:15

Well one way to solve the "too much Stacy" is to limit anything related to Stacy alone to her thread and not post it as a new topic.

For instance, all the Stacy shows up here, parties, there, wears this type of posts could all be put in the Stacy general thread.

If there is an event where George and Stacy go together then that could be a separate post. And even those could be put in a thread perhaps titled - George and Stacy attend events. Or something like that.

Those could be solutions but that would have to be up to Katiedot.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 26 May 2013, 00:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add additional options)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 26 May 2013, 05:11

Hi Patty, happy to see you around.

I wish, I wish, I wish I had more info on George at the moment, but I can't invent the news. If Stacy's the one who's getting her photos taken then Stacy's the one we'll get more stuff on. Just over a week ago it was the other way round: we had tons of news on George and Stacy was hiding in a great big hole as far as I was concerned.

As you can see from the number of views, most fans here seem to be more interested in what Stacy's doing anyway. It makes me really sad, but I can't change that.

For example, we have pictures of George having dinner 'by himself' (actually with Gio) and it gets 29 comments and 843 views after 15 hours. We have pictures of Stacy at the Ambar lounge in Cannes and it's got 27 comments and 780 views. How can we find so much to say about her?

Some posters are obsessed by Stacy and seem to only want to talk about her. Even when we get news that has nothing to do with her, such as George is travelling somewhere, I can guarantee that within the first three comments someone will ask whether Stacy will be there and then there'll be a discussion on what she'll wear and how she'll behave etc etc - all this on an article that has nothing to do with her!

When I complain, I get told that George isn't doing anything interesting. I don't see that Stacy's doing anything fascinating either, but if we get a picture of her posters can find six or seven things to say about her, but when we get photos of George, nothing.

The best I can suggest is for those of us who really are George fans, and not Stacy haters (there's a difference between those who come here because they want to talk about George and those come here to talk about Stacy) get typing and start up a few George-related conversations.

Open up conversations, re-visit old threads from the archives that probably the newer members haven't seen and might want to comment on.

I'm all for bringing George back to this site. Who'll join me?

LornaDoone wrote:Well one way to solve the "too much Stacy" is to limit anything related to Stacy alone to her thread and not post it as a new topic.
I made that mistake with Elisabetta. There are often times when I'm looking for pictures of her with George to compare with him and Stacy and I can't find them anymore because they're lost somewhere in the middle of a 20-page thread. I don't want to do that again. When George gets a new girlfriend and he takes her to Il Gatto Nero for dinner for example, and we're talking about the time he took Stacy there, it'll be easy to find that thread. When the next girlfriend does a catwalk show, or a charity thing or whatever, we'll be able to easily find the shots of Stacy doing the same.

It's pretty easy to skip all the girlfriend news - just don't visit the section about the girlfriends. Same with the godawful games that clutter up the feed, just skip over that section.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 26 May 2013, 05:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected the stats.)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? Empty Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney?

Post by melbert Sun 26 May 2013, 05:27

We want George all the way
We will take him any day
Please come out with us and play
I promise, I promise, I will stay!! Give Flowers

In regard to Stacy AND Lisa, Elisabetta, Sarah and the dozens of others over the years, speaking for myself and I'm sure a few others, it's like the deer-in-the-headlights syndrome. It's sometimes hard to turn away...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 26 May 2013, 14:57

If george isn't doing anything , then I go see what Stacy is doing. I don't have a problem with her.

Katie , you may be starting a new girlfriend thread soon. If it turns out George is seeing Monica who he was seen dancing with last night.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 26 May 2013, 15:01

Katiedot wrote:Hi Patty, happy to see you around.

Open up conversations, re-visit old threads from the archives that probably the newer members haven't seen and might want to comment on.

I'm all for bringing George back to this site. Who'll join me?

LornaDoone wrote:Well one way to solve the "too much Stacy" is to limit anything related to Stacy alone to her thread and not post it as a new topic.
I made that mistake with Elisabetta. There are often times when I'm looking for pictures of her with George to compare with him and Stacy and I can't find them anymore because they're lost somewhere in the middle of a 20-page thread. I don't want to do that again. When George gets a new girlfriend and he takes her to Il Gatto Nero for dinner for example, and we're talking about the time he took Stacy there, it'll be easy to find that thread. When the next girlfriend does a catwalk show, or a charity thing or whatever, we'll be able to easily find the shots of Stacy doing the same.

It's pretty easy to skip all the girlfriend news - just don't visit the section about the girlfriends. Same with the godawful games that clutter up the feed, just skip over that section

Well yes and no. I come to the forum and click on the news since last visit link. Otherwise I'd have to go thru all of the topics. And that's where you'll see thread after thread specifically about one event that she's attended.

And I've also noticed the games sections get an inordinate amount of attention. Often coming and clicking that newest posts link - often all I'll see is thread after thread of games posts. The only one I participate in is the Word association because it actually either makes me think (sometimes racking my brain for synonyms) or I'll get out the handy online dictionary or thesaurus and actually learn new words.

As to Stacy - I do think too much attention is paid to her. IMO I don't think they're still together but since George is filming he's not going to rock the boat by making any announcements. Just a feeling based on the number of events she's been attending in the last few months. Almost as if she's stepped up her appearances knowing the well will go dry as soon as George is spotted with someone else.

Again, just my opinion.

I'm all for more George and a LOT less of Stacy. Last week was great with all the George photo postings. Thanks to those who found and posted!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 26 May 2013, 15:28

Well, whatever the situation is, don't go putting her away yet and archiving her links just yet. Maybe wat until thats certain.

If George is relaxing away from work, enjoying his time by going dancing and have some drinks in his leisure time, so what? Its good, right? Hes enjoying himself. I was just concerned about his little thumbie and the way it looked. But it did look better tonoght. Smile happy about that. Think he got the message about how to take care of it.

But I am one who sure hopes he isn't going to be dating that one again. He chose not to be with her for very long the last time, and must have had a sound reason for that. I sure hope he remembers what his reasons were. That one I already dislike. lol Something about her just seems so too hot to trot fast and cheap looking. Some of those modle pics for instance.....ewe... maybe just me, IDK Juggling
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 26 May 2013, 15:35

I try not to judge people by their looks, Stacy i like , I also liked Sarah and Elisabetta. Monica I'm not feeling.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 26 May 2013, 16:31

LornaDoone wrote: I come to the forum and click on the news since last visit link. Otherwise I'd have to go thru all of the topics. And that's where you'll see thread after thread specifically about one event that she's attended.
Same here. I see all the threads I've no interest in (all the endless games) and skip over them to click on the ones I like.

LornaDoone wrote: I'm all for more George and a LOT less of Stacy. Last week was great with all the George photo postings. Thanks to those who found and posted!
I so agree! Let's make it happen!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 26 May 2013, 16:42

I do that too except sometimes there isn't enough GC to go around. He was quite elusive for awhile and all we saw was her. This week has been a bonanza....

I have heard that the London Pap's are quite ruthless....although I am surprised he went to such a public hotspot.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Too much Stacy Keibler, not enough George Clooney? Empty Hope for Stacy/George

Post by GiGi Sun 26 May 2013, 16:49

I find myself rooting for Stacy Keibler. I like the look of George Clooney with her on his arm. He seems more complete.There is something to be said about a person when they are able to have success, careers,& love.
Give Flowers
Of coarse, I'm a sucker for fantastic love story. I like to believe that we can, do and will have that Very Happy
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Sun 26 May 2013, 21:01

[quote="silly girl"]I do that too except sometimes there isn't enough GC to go around. He was quite elusive for awhile and all we saw was her. This week has been a bonanza....

I agree...

I don't have strong feelings one way or another when it comes to Stacy. My interest in Stacy and what she's doing is purely based on her association with George.

I'm a firm beliver in the phrase "You're known by the company you keep". I don't meen this in a bad way. I just feel that following Stacy (or who ever is his current girlfriend) is just another way of getting insight on George and what kind of person he really is, especially whe news on George himself is relatively limited.

Rainy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 26 May 2013, 23:48

Most of you know I don't comment too much about Stacy. I go to her threads to find information about George if at all possible. I never go to the past GF threads. George is the I love and only one I care about. Not just here I don't follow any other people. My concerns and following political matters are what I do.

George is my Achilles heel. I Love him not only for his Movie Career but for the person that I perceive him to be from all the information, interviews and everything else. A few other reasons which I have said on here that I will keep to myself.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 27 May 2013, 00:21

i agree with you Mazy. We should all be talking about what is going on with George and George alone, but I have to admit, when it gets pretty juicy, I do start to dig into his private life. As for Stacy or whomever's non-George life, I really don't care. They can swing from the rafters and it would not really matter to me. As long as they don't hurt George with their actions, I try to stear away from their lives. I already put too much energy into being a GC fan; I don't have the energy to devote my energies to monitoring all their moves. Now, I am not perfect. To be honest, I think I have commented on something Stacy or whomever has said or done, usually just joking around. Of course, if I thought it would go back to bite me in the butt and God forbid our beloved caught wind of my crass comments and didn't take it as a joke, I would be mortified. Then again, I don't think he really cares what we think, as long as it doesn't hurt people or him, he doesn't care. It may even be a subject of comic relief for George. Just think he and some of cronies like Rande Gerber could be sitting around drinking Casamigos and reading our comments and busting a gut at how wrong or how silly we are. He may even be envisioning just how beautiful we are. Of course, he and I have met, and I personally am convinced that I have ruined him for all other women by my undeniable beauty. JK!
If by remote chance he is bored right now and reading my comment, I will just say, "We love you George! Knock off the extra boose and give your fans some love!!"
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 27 May 2013, 00:46

You ! Baby of undeniable beauty, I LOVE YOU !!! Very Happy Hug1 Give hearts
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 27 May 2013, 01:01

I have no interest in his short term, transient "girlfriends."
Not because I find the last two unattractive & uncouth, IMO.
Nor because of the speculation whether they're real relationships.

But I had no interest or knowledge of who they were prior to George Clooney & his publicity team launching them on the media circus...and as I don't find them appealing, I tend to just read about his film projects.
Though his private life is cause for bemusement...

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 27 May 2013, 03:45

Juliette Hardy wrote:I have no interest in his short term, transient "girlfriends."
Not because I find the last two unattractive & uncouth, IMO.
Nor because of the speculation whether they're real relationships.

But I had no interest or knowledge of who they were prior to George Clooney & his publicity team launching them on the media circus...and as I don't find them appealing, I tend to just read about his film projects.
Though his private life is cause for bemusement...

You might then find that book we're discussing interesting. It deals almost exclusively with his television and film projects.

I'm only into the first chapter (as I mentioned on that thread) the book has a LOT of info on each page.

So far it seems to be dealing with his work chronologically so I'm still in his early days of TV - where he was in pilot after pilot and short lived show after show and I've learned things that I didn't know about George because I did not follow him then. He really only came to my attention during the ER days.

The book (and thread) is called George Clooney An Actor Looking For a Role.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 28 May 2013, 03:09

Maybe we should stop creating so many individual threads on SK.
"Stacy goes to Monaco"
next thread "Stacy visits racetrack while at Monaco"
next thread "Stacy has cooking show while at Monaco"

Seriously, cant they al be combined into one thread?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 28 May 2013, 03:10

p.s. Hi Pattygirl. Glad to see you back on the forum. I hope that every day you feel better than the day before
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 28 May 2013, 03:30

playfuldeb wrote:Maybe we should stop creating so many individual threads on SK.
"Stacy goes to Monaco"

I suggested that Katiedot nixed it due to looking for info later.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 28 May 2013, 05:32

playfuldeb wrote:Maybe we should stop creating so many individual threads on SK.
"Stacy goes to Monaco"

No, because I made that mistake with Elisabetta Canalis. Because the search function on this site is rubbish, if we combine all the threads then we can't find anything again in the future.

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to find a pic of George and Betty to compare with George and Stacy and it's lost somewhere in the middle of a 20-page thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 28 May 2013, 07:39

Too much Stacy - sure. But unfortunately she is the one ensuring she has ongoing coverage and is active on social media. Stacy is spoken about as she is seen and heard from more than George at the moment. I mean, how many paps were really going to stick around (and be able to sell) daily pics from set for MM. Stacy is at parties, charity events, fashion do's and tweets constantly keep her in our sights as there is more new info on her and her coming & goings than George. Because he has an actual job to be involved and invested in. George is A list. He could go to ground for 6 months and when he popped back up again, there would be coverage - with or without arm candy. Stacy is flitting from one social event to the next hoping to get her pic taken and pocket an appearance fee.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 28 May 2013, 09:49

I see your point. Guess Im not one of those people that is going to care about what someone does when they break up with George
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 28 May 2013, 14:51

Hi Playful -It's good "feeling good", and I'm happy each day that I feel that way. It's always good being onboard. I have been looking, but there hasn't been much worth commenting about.
I'm not into picking anyone apart, getting into arguments about topics, or even speculating about George's love life.
Who am I to criticize anyone, being one of the crowd. Arguments with other posters over opinions which invariably end up with name calling and moderator intervention. What good does it do to speculate about George's love life - he really does manage to keep that part of his life pretty private and all we do is frustrate ourselves when we do speculate.
I just read what I feel is important to my idolization of George, what he's doing, where he is, and pictures, pictures, pictures.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 29 May 2013, 07:08

Hi Patty. It is good to "feel good".

I used to feel very miserable all the time because I was heavily over weight. That caused me to have other probs too. My lungs were subject to asthma and sometimes "walking pneumonia" because I was a shallow breather. And that was due to the heaviness of my chest. But as I ate pretty healthy, veggies and fruit along with the other more fettening things, I was just very over weight. Not being very tall, you don't have to gain too much to become like that. I am only 5, and just under 2 inches. So at 220 lbs, I was very heavy, for me. I was 98 lbs. when young, for years. Small frame.

But in 2011, I lost about 76 lbs. Maybe a little too fast and it left me with other "looser" probs. Smile But I felt so good. The energy difference was phenominal. I have been struggling since tho as I seem to have hit some plateau. Exercises and even dieting, walking a lot, don't seem to make much dif. But this week, I have noticed that I have gone down about 4 more lbs. So maybe... Smile

But happy to see you do feel good. I feel for those who don't feel well. I have been pretty fortunate since losing the weight, to not get too sick. Recently tho, I was a bit under the weather, Stomach virus i think. Maybe a 24 hour bug. It made me feel like I had the flu tho and my muscles and bones were just achy. But in 2 days, it went a way.

For those who wonder how I did it, I was only eating those small Lean Quisine dinners for dinner, oatmeal and cereals for breakfast, and peannut butter sandwiches for lunch. Occasional fruit or nuts in between. But I also took the acai berry diet pills to control the hunger. I had been taking another pill for about 2 years before that which seemed to help me remove allergies and other conditions. It may have also been a help, along with the berry pills. There are foods I CAN eat now that I couldn't before because I was alergic to them. That vitamin was called the longevity pill. Made entirely from grapes, grape seed and vine. The red grape. Their idea came from the French and how youthful many stay who eat and drink wine made from the red grape. But theres prolly lots of info out there on it by now. It di work for me. I am on a tight budget now tho and can't afford it at the moment.

I hope everyone feels better, who has been not feeling so good. Smile Give Flowers
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 30 May 2013, 16:35

Happy to know you are better now! Hug1 hope you will keep your today healthy state forever Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 31 May 2013, 22:32

Im going to have to try those acai berries. But I dont want to lose so fast that I get droopy skin. Did you experience that JoaniesClone?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 31 May 2013, 22:51

playfuldeb wrote:Im going to have to try those acai berries. But I dont want to lose so fast that I get droopy skin. Did you experience that JoaniesClone?

i have been thinking about it as well so any information on how you found it would be appreciated
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 01 Jun 2013, 09:20

Yes I did. thats what I meant. But in time your skin will slowly get more to normal, but you can speed it up by doing stretches and exercises that pull it inward with the muscle. Arm flexes with some weights. I am still working on my loose skin. It is slowly going back more to normal. I did manage in the last month to lose a few more punds. about 6. Almost at 140 lbs now. I am manageing to keep the weight off. And feel loads better than when I weighed 220 lbs. That wasn't my biggest, but was the one time I weighed when heavier. I had lost aboit 10 lbs around the end of 2010 because I had suffered an ilness for about two weeks. many things going wrong at once. Flu, loss of appetite, coughing a lot, stomach getting retched because of cough syrup. And a constant head ache at the time. Too much junk meds from over the counter probably.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down